or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Name That Movie Game - Pop Culture en Perpetua

Name That Movie Game - Pop Culture en Perpetua - Page 2

post #41 of 169
Wow, a lot of movies I haven't seen.

However, I can tell you that 18 is Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure. The still is taken while Genghis Khan is in the sporting goods store.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #42 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I offer only one.

31:

Well, that's freakish.

I had a thought about what this might be and started (shamefully) Googling around to see if I was even in the ballpark, and somehow ended up here.

Which appears to be a (Dutch?) discussion board which is doing exactly what we are doing here (although I can't figure out how to see the stills they are referring to).

I better stop before I get eaten by some kind of internets recursive loop.

Anyway, Santa Clause Conquers the Martians?

And if you say, "No, much worse" I don't think I want to know what it is.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #43 of 169
Quote:

Nope. Think worse.

Oliver Twist?
post #44 of 169
Adda and Shawn: No.

This was big-budget, big advertisement summer movie. It has two rather serious male stars. This screencap is from one of the more memorable scenes.

If no one gets it soon, I'll start hinting. But for every hint I give, I shall post screenshots from OTHER movies. Muwhahahahahahaha.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #45 of 169
#32. Famous scene from a famous movie.

post #46 of 169
Quote:

Adda and Shawn: No.

This was big-budget, big advertisement summer movie. It has two rather serious male stars. This screencap is from one of the more memorable scenes.

If no one gets it soon, I'll start hinting. But for every hint I give, I shall post screenshots from OTHER movies. Muwhahahahahahaha.

Those kids have pointy ears, right? Not an artifact from the still?
post #47 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

8 1/2?
post #48 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

8 1/2?

Haha close.

That's actually the first movie I thought people would guess. But no.
post #49 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Those kids have pointy ears, right? Not an artifact from the still?

No. They have normal ears. They are regular children.

Edit: and now I have to provide a still from an even WORSE movie. Forthcoming.
post #50 of 169
Quote:

Strangers on a Train?
post #51 of 169
Quote:

No. They have normal ears. They are regular children.

Holy smoke, have I been barking up the wrong tree. Coulda sworn those were pixie ears.

OK, give me a sec to regroup......
post #52 of 169
#33:

post #53 of 169
Quote:

#33:

So those guys have grotesquely elongated legs, right? Takes place another planet, I'm guessing?
post #54 of 169
Quote:

Strangers on a Train?

Not quite.
post #55 of 169
Quote:

So those guys have grotesquely elongated legs, right? Takes place another planet, I'm guessing?

No. That's Battlefield Earth, which I also have.

post #56 of 169
Quote:

No. That's Battlefield Earth, which I also have.

Tremors?
post #57 of 169
Quote:

Not quite.

OK, how about The Birds?
post #58 of 169
Quote:

Tremors?

Well played! Next one, which is also a hint for the first one, forthcoming.
post #59 of 169
Quote:

OK, how about The Birds?

Not Hitchcock. (The Birds was in color anyhow)

Hint: Screencap taken from a ferris wheel looking down at the people below.
post #60 of 169
#35:

This is a hint for the first one I posted.

post #61 of 169
Quote:

Well played! Next one, which is also a hint for the first one, forthcoming.

(pauses for brief victory dance)

Pa! I got me one of them movie questions!
post #62 of 169
Quote:

Not Hitchcock. (The Birds was in color anyhow)

Doh!

Quote:
Hint: Screencap taken from a ferris wheel looking down at the people below.

Hmmm.... OK, that's putting in mind of..... The Third Man?
post #63 of 169
Quote:

#35:

This is a hint for the first one I posted.

That one looks Mad Max-ish to me. Are we in Mad Max neck of the woods?
post #64 of 169
Quote:

Doh!

Hmmm.... OK, that's putting in mind of..... The Third Man?

I gave it away! You got it.
post #65 of 169
Quote:

I gave it away! You got it.

I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em. Terrific screen cap, btw. The cutaways to the ground must be fleeting, cause I don't remember the look of that at all.
post #66 of 169
Quote:

That one looks Mad Max-ish to me. Are we in Mad Max neck of the woods?

Not unless they filmed one in Japan. Famous director. That kid is famous now. In fact, he just had a pretty good movie come out.

And for that? A hard one.

post #67 of 169
Quote:
Not unless they filmed one in Japan. Famous director. That kid is famous now. In fact, he just had a pretty good movie come out.

Oh. Christian Bale. Empire of the Sun. Is that what the earlier one was as well, or is Empire just a clue?

Quote:
.And for that? A hard one.

Hmmm....
post #68 of 169
Quote:

Oh. Christian Bale. Empire of the Sun. Is that what the earlier one was as well, or is Empire just a clue?

Better holler at yer paw, again, Adda! Bale is the hint.
post #69 of 169
Quote:

Better holler at yer paw, again, Adda! Bale is the hint.

Yikes, are those little penitents from Batman Begins?
post #70 of 169
Quote:

And for that? A hard one.

I'll take a wild stab on account of the posture of the dude and say Shaun of the Dead.
post #71 of 169
Quote:

Yikes, are those little penitents from Batman Begins?

No, the Black Knight says. Now the big guns.

post #72 of 169
Quote:

I'll take a wild stab on account of the posture of the dude and say Shaun of the Dead.

Gandalf was right: even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Nope.
post #73 of 169
#31 = Reign of Fire. The reenactment of a Star Wars scene if I remember correctly.

And #33...Anaconda? 2? People hanging their legs close to the water like that are just begging to get them chomped off by some watery beast.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #74 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post

#31 = Reign of Fire. The reenactment of a Star Wars scene if I remember correctly.

And #33...Anaconda? 2? People hanging their legs close to the water like that are just begging to get them chomped off by some watery beast.

Well done on both counts! Two for two!

I'll post some more this evening after work.

#36 and #37 remain.
post #75 of 169
Reign of Fire? Anaconda? Now that just ain't right. We've got to pass some by-laws or something.
post #76 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Reign of Fire? Anaconda? Now that just ain't right. We've got to pass some by-laws or something.

Heh. Well, Anaconda was punishment for asking for hints.
post #77 of 169
....... sorry about that.
post #78 of 169
#38:

#39: (a hard one!)

post #79 of 169

What a dick.
post #80 of 169
#38 Better off Dead

"Mother says, a car is not a toy"
One of the fork and spoon operators from Sector 7-G
One of the fork and spoon operators from Sector 7-G
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Name That Movie Game - Pop Culture en Perpetua