or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Name That Movie Game - Pop Culture en Perpetua
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Name That Movie Game - Pop Culture en Perpetua - Page 2

post #41 of 169
Wow, a lot of movies I haven't seen.

However, I can tell you that 18 is Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure. The still is taken while Genghis Khan is in the sporting goods store.
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
post #42 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I offer only one.

31:


Well, that's freakish.

I had a thought about what this might be and started (shamefully) Googling around to see if I was even in the ballpark, and somehow ended up here.

Which appears to be a (Dutch?) discussion board which is doing exactly what we are doing here (although I can't figure out how to see the stills they are referring to).

I better stop before I get eaten by some kind of internets recursive loop.

Anyway, Santa Clause Conquers the Martians?

And if you say, "No, much worse" I don't think I want to know what it is.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #43 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Nope. Think worse.

Oliver Twist?
post #44 of 169
Adda and Shawn: No.

This was big-budget, big advertisement summer movie. It has two rather serious male stars. This screencap is from one of the more memorable scenes.

If no one gets it soon, I'll start hinting. But for every hint I give, I shall post screenshots from OTHER movies. Muwhahahahahahaha.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #45 of 169
#32. Famous scene from a famous movie.

post #46 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Adda and Shawn: No.

This was big-budget, big advertisement summer movie. It has two rather serious male stars. This screencap is from one of the more memorable scenes.

If no one gets it soon, I'll start hinting. But for every hint I give, I shall post screenshots from OTHER movies. Muwhahahahahahaha.

Those kids have pointy ears, right? Not an artifact from the still?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #47 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

#32. Famous scene from a famous movie.

8 1/2?
post #48 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

8 1/2?

Haha close.

That's actually the first movie I thought people would guess. But no.
post #49 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Those kids have pointy ears, right? Not an artifact from the still?

No. They have normal ears. They are regular children.

Edit: and now I have to provide a still from an even WORSE movie. Forthcoming.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #50 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

#32. Famous scene from a famous movie.


Strangers on a Train?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #51 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

No. They have normal ears. They are regular children.

Holy smoke, have I been barking up the wrong tree. Coulda sworn those were pixie ears.

OK, give me a sec to regroup......
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #52 of 169
#33:

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #53 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

#33:


So those guys have grotesquely elongated legs, right? Takes place another planet, I'm guessing?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #54 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Strangers on a Train?

Not quite.
post #55 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

So those guys have grotesquely elongated legs, right? Takes place another planet, I'm guessing?

No. That's Battlefield Earth, which I also have.

#34

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #56 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

No. That's Battlefield Earth, which I also have.

#34


Tremors?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #57 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Not quite.

OK, how about The Birds?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #58 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Tremors?

Well played! Next one, which is also a hint for the first one, forthcoming.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #59 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

OK, how about The Birds?

Not Hitchcock. (The Birds was in color anyhow)

Hint: Screencap taken from a ferris wheel looking down at the people below.
post #60 of 169
#35:

This is a hint for the first one I posted.

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #61 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Well played! Next one, which is also a hint for the first one, forthcoming.

(pauses for brief victory dance)

Pa! I got me one of them movie questions!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #62 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Not Hitchcock. (The Birds was in color anyhow)

Doh!

Quote:
Hint: Screencap taken from a ferris wheel looking down at the people below.

Hmmm.... OK, that's putting in mind of..... The Third Man?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #63 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

#35:

This is a hint for the first one I posted.


That one looks Mad Max-ish to me. Are we in Mad Max neck of the woods?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #64 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Doh!



Hmmm.... OK, that's putting in mind of..... The Third Man?



I gave it away! You got it.
post #65 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post



I gave it away! You got it.

I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em. Terrific screen cap, btw. The cutaways to the ground must be fleeting, cause I don't remember the look of that at all.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #66 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

That one looks Mad Max-ish to me. Are we in Mad Max neck of the woods?

Not unless they filmed one in Japan. Famous director. That kid is famous now. In fact, he just had a pretty good movie come out.

And for that? A hard one.

#36

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #67 of 169
Quote:
Not unless they filmed one in Japan. Famous director. That kid is famous now. In fact, he just had a pretty good movie come out.

Oh. Christian Bale. Empire of the Sun. Is that what the earlier one was as well, or is Empire just a clue?

Quote:
.And for that? A hard one.


Hmmm....
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #68 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Oh. Christian Bale. Empire of the Sun. Is that what the earlier one was as well, or is Empire just a clue?

Better holler at yer paw, again, Adda! Bale is the hint.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #69 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Better holler at yer paw, again, Adda! Bale is the hint.

Yikes, are those little penitents from Batman Begins?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #70 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Not unless they filmed one in Japan. Famous director. That kid is famous now. In fact, he just had a pretty good movie come out.

And for that? A hard one.


I'll take a wild stab on account of the posture of the dude and say Shaun of the Dead.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #71 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yikes, are those little penitents from Batman Begins?

No, the Black Knight says. Now the big guns.

#37

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #72 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I'll take a wild stab on account of the posture of the dude and say Shaun of the Dead.

Gandalf was right: even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Nope.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #73 of 169
#31 = Reign of Fire. The reenactment of a Star Wars scene if I remember correctly.

And #33...Anaconda? 2? People hanging their legs close to the water like that are just begging to get them chomped off by some watery beast.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
Reply
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
Reply
post #74 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post

#31 = Reign of Fire. The reenactment of a Star Wars scene if I remember correctly.

And #33...Anaconda? 2? People hanging their legs close to the water like that are just begging to get them chomped off by some watery beast.

Well done on both counts! Two for two!

I'll post some more this evening after work.

#36 and #37 remain.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #75 of 169
Reign of Fire? Anaconda? Now that just ain't right. We've got to pass some by-laws or something.
post #76 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Reign of Fire? Anaconda? Now that just ain't right. We've got to pass some by-laws or something.

Heh. Well, Anaconda was punishment for asking for hints.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #77 of 169
....... sorry about that.
post #78 of 169
#38:



#39: (a hard one!)

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #79 of 169


What a dick.
post #80 of 169
#38 Better off Dead

"Mother says, a car is not a toy"
One of the fork and spoon operators from Sector 7-G
Reply
One of the fork and spoon operators from Sector 7-G
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Name That Movie Game - Pop Culture en Perpetua