or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple patches issues with iTunes 7.1.1 release
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple patches issues with iTunes 7.1.1 release

post #1 of 36
Thread Starter 
Apple Inc. on Friday afternoon released a minor update to its iTunes jukebox software to address a handful of minor issues that have surfaced within the release of iTunes 7.1.

"iTunes 7.1.1 addresses a stability issue and minor compatibility problems in iTunes 7.1," the company wrote in a brief set of release notes accompanying the software.

The maintenance release is available from the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism and has also been posted to Apple's support site as a 28MB download for Macs and a 36.1MB download for Windows PCs.

Apple did not say whether Friday's update addresses any of the persisting incompatibilities between iTunes and Microsoft's new Vista operating system.

Earlier this week, the Cupertino-based company released iPod Reset Utility 1.0 which allows owners of its first- and second-generation iPod shuffles to restore the players back to their factory settings.

The reset utility is available for both Mac and Windows.
post #2 of 36
I hope it fixes the lost library issue I have had twice since the last update.
post #3 of 36
I can't help but think that this was a fix for a poorly tested release. Apple did similar quick patch with Final Cut Pro recently where 5.1.3 broke much of the plug-in architecture, and 5.1.4 was released a week later. Previous updates of iTunes caused problems such that they needed to do a x.x.1 patchin a week or two, if it was so easy to find and fix, why did the flaw make it out? The quick release is somewhat good for Apple, but an indictment of the QA work done too.
post #4 of 36
This patch did not fix the problems with a blurry scrollbar in coverflow mode on my MacBook. Do anyone else have this problem?
post #5 of 36
This patch seems to have fixed a certain background scratchiness which had developed in my iTunes. BUT is did not install well, had to be forced quit. Seems ok
post #6 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandros View Post

This patch did not fix the problems with a blurry scrollbar in coverflow mode on my MacBook. Do anyone else have this problem?

I do have this problem (MacBook) but I hadn't noticed before now.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
Reply
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
Reply
post #7 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandros View Post

This patch did not fix the problems with a blurry scrollbar in coverflow mode on my MacBook. Do anyone else have this problem?

yeh same problem. also with a macbook
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
Reply
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
Reply
post #8 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaynham View Post

yeh same problem. also with a macbook

Me too...and I hadn't noticed until now either.
post #9 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondotcom View Post

Me too...and I hadn't noticed until now either.

This really makes me angry, I've always had this problem with my Intel Mac mini... I could understand if this bug only affects 1% and Apple hasn't found a fix yet, but it seems as though this bug affects more than 1%, so I find it inexcusable for Apple to release an update without fixing this obvious issue. Afterall, Apple bought this Cover flow thing for quite a bit of money, if they want to implement it into something as big as iTunes, they should do it right.
post #10 of 36
since the 7.1 upgrade, iTunes crashes every time it attempts to sync my 30GB iPod photo. I even wiped and re-formatted the iPod to no avail. I was able to manually load the music, but cannot sync my iPhoto library. Got my hopes up with the 7.1.1 update, but have not really seen many posts with this issue. I have a G4 dual 800, running 10.4.9. losing patience.
post #11 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondotcom View Post

Me too...and I hadn't noticed until now either.

It's been a problem since iTunes 7.0.
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Reply
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Reply
post #12 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post

It's been a problem since iTunes 7.0.

Yup, Ive had the same problem since 7.0 too.
post #13 of 36
fixed an issue i had with itunes not showing my attached ipods even though the finder saw them mounted.
post #14 of 36
Dear Apple,

Pull your damned head out of your ass.



Outlook, for those of you who don’t know, is an e-mail client.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #15 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Dear Apple,

Outlook, for those of you who dont know, is an e-mail client.

It's probably a bug in the installer or a mistake in setting up the installer. For all we know, it might be Macrovision's fault, they make installers like that.
post #16 of 36
One setup you certainly wouldn't want to test it on is Windows running Outlook. Now that is obscure!
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #17 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

One setup you certainly wouldn't want to test it on is Windows running Outlook. Now that is obscure!

I don't think it really has anything to do with Outlook. It's hard to explain, but maybe the installer somehow just grabbed the wrong PID and the installer is showing what that PID really is.
post #18 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

One setup you certainly wouldn't want to test it on is Windows running Outlook. Now that is obscure!

On second thought, it might be updating a plugin of some sort for Outlook so that the iPod can sync with the contacts & calendar features in Outlook, that it might be desirable to have Outlook shut down first.
post #19 of 36
Let's face it - while iTunes is the only good option for Mac software integration and iPod syncing, it's also a pretty lousy program, and patching up a lousy program almost never results in anything good. Unfortunately, they have no reason to come up with anything better, because nobody else will be able to keep up with iPod, iPhone, iWhatever updates as fast or as well. About all that seems to get better is the iTunes Store integration...
post #20 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

Let's face it - while iTunes is the only good option for Mac software integration and iPod syncing, it's also a pretty lousy program, and patching up a lousy program almost never results in anything good. Unfortunately, they have no reason to come up with anything better, because nobody else will be able to keep up with iPod, iPhone, iWhatever updates as fast or as well. About all that seems to get better is the iTunes Store integration...

Sounds like Microsoft's attitude towards their PC software!
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Reply
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Reply
post #21 of 36
I have a 15" PBG4 running OSX 10.4.9. Since installing iTunes 7.7.1 update, iTunes quits every time I launch it. Any help will be appreciated.
post #22 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

Let's face it - while iTunes is the only good option for Mac software integration and iPod syncing, it's also a pretty lousy program, and patching up a lousy program almost never results in anything good. Unfortunately, they have no reason to come up with anything better, because nobody else will be able to keep up with iPod, iPhone, iWhatever updates as fast or as well. About all that seems to get better is the iTunes Store integration...

what makes it a lousy program?
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
Reply
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
Reply
post #23 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedd88 View Post

I have a 15" PBG4 running OSX 10.4.9. Since installing iTunes 7.7.1 update, iTunes quits every time I launch it. Any help will be appreciated.

Poked around on the internet a bit, and it seems that iTunes plugins could be the problem.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....47646&#4247646

To fix mine, I went to [me]/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/ and deleted iConcertCal.
Works fine now.
post #24 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Dear Apple,

Pull your damned head out of your ass.



Outlook, for those of you who dont know, is an e-mail client.

...which can display in-line graphics using ....[trumpets] Quicktime [/trumpets]
post #25 of 36
I wish Apple would take a minute and fix all the glaring flaws in Front Row.

Here's the list I've compiled:

1) TV shows are randomly ordered in the Video section, not alphabetical (or they're not using the standard Roman alphabet).

2) Videos tagged with an Artist field are listed in Music -> Artist.

3) Videos tagged with an Album field are listed in Music -> Albums.

4) Front Row ignores (or doesn't recognize) the sort preferences introduced in iTunes 7.1 (to be fair, iPods don't handle it well either).

5) The contents of an entire folder are unavailable if something is being downloaded to it from iTunes (for example, downloading the latest episode of a show makes all episodes of that season unavailable).

6) No customization options, most importantly font size, so you can see only 7 choices at a time (well it's only 7 on my Mac).

7) Consistency - Why does music continue to play when exiting Front Row but videos are stopped?

8) Apple Remote needs a mute button (okay, that's not a Front Row flaw but it would definitely enhance the Front Row experience).
post #26 of 36
I don't have to worry about it, because 7.1.1 won't even launch!
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #27 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

I don't have to worry about it, because 7.1.1 won't even launch!

Odd. I've had zero problems with 7.1.1... works great. 8)


.
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Reply
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Reply
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

1) TV shows are randomly ordered in the Video section, not alphabetical (or they're not using the standard Roman alphabet).

I had this problem too. Turns out that the 7.1 update started ordering TV shows within a season according to the episode ID instead of by name. If you take out your entry in episode ID, you'll see that they'll order by name again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

2) Videos tagged with an Artist field are listed in Music -> Artist.

3) Videos tagged with an Album field are listed in Music -> Albums.

Double check your video info. Make sure it's selected as a movie. This should pull it out of the Music folder and put it into the TV Shows or Movie folder. Of course, if they're music videos, they WILL be listed in music. I never quite understood this either. I think there should be a separate folder like there is for TV Shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

8) Apple Remote needs a mute button (okay, that's not a Front Row flaw but it would definitely enhance the Front Row experience).

Eh, maybe. I'd have to disagree here. Why mute? Why not just pause? I don't find that I need a mute when I'm watching movies or TV nearly as much as I need a pause. Plus that adds to the number f buttons on the Apple Remote. Simplicity is the name of the game here... Of course that's not to say that holding the (-) button down for 3 seconds or something like that could be intergrated into a mute for those people that NEED this.

MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 750GB HDD
Mac mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB HDD
iPhone 5S, 32GB

Reply

MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 750GB HDD
Mac mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB HDD
iPhone 5S, 32GB

Reply
post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgNuke1707 View Post

I had this problem too. Turns out that the 7.1 update started ordering TV shows within a season according to the episode ID instead of by name. If you take out your entry in episode ID, you'll see that they'll order by name again.

Double check your video info. Make sure it's selected as a movie. This should pull it out of the Music folder and put it into the TV Shows or Movie folder. Of course, if they're music videos, they WILL be listed in music. I never quite understood this either. I think there should be a separate folder like there is for TV Shows.

Eh, maybe. I'd have to disagree here. Why mute? Why not just pause? I don't find that I need a mute when I'm watching movies or TV nearly as much as I need a pause. Plus that adds to the number f buttons on the Apple Remote. Simplicity is the name of the game here... Of course that's not to say that holding the (-) button down for 3 seconds or something like that could be intergrated into a mute for those people that NEED this.

Just so we're clear, you do realize the issues I listed were for Front Row and not iTunes 7?

My TV shows have always been randomly sorted in Front Row. I've done everything I can think. I've deleted out the episode ID and it didn't help. I even went so far as to remove the episodes from the iTunes library and start adding them back in one series at time in alphabetical order. There's clearly some sort of logic it's using because they always go back into the list in the same order

And I'm talking about episodes of shows bought from iTunes, so they are tagged as TV shows but they continue to show in Artists and Albums list in Front Row if they have those tags filled in (which TV shows bought from iTunes do). And as for iTunes 7's switching music videos from the Video section to Music, I hate that as well. Especially when I'm streaming audio via AirTunes and it cuts out because it hit one of them.

As for the mute button, it's a pretty standard button on any audio/video remote. There are numerous times I want to mute and don't feel it's important enough to pause. The Apple Remote is overly simplistic to me and for Front Row use, it could use some sort of page up/down buttons or something to quickly scroll through Artist lists.

Regardless, I want Front Row to just properly list and order my content. That would be a nice start.
post #30 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

Just so we're clear, you do realize the issues I listed were for Front Row and not iTunes 7?

My TV shows have always been randomly sorted in Front Row. I've done everything I can think. I've deleted out the episode ID and it didn't help. I even went so far as to remove the episodes from the iTunes library and start adding them back in one series at time in alphabetical order. There's clearly some sort of logic it's using because they always go back into the list in the same order

And I'm talking about episodes of shows bought from iTunes, so they are tagged as TV shows but they continue to show in Artists and Albums list in Front Row if they have those tags filled in (which TV shows bought from iTunes do). And as for iTunes 7's switching music videos from the Video section to Music, I hate that as well. Especially when I'm streaming audio via AirTunes and it cuts out because it hit one of them.

As for the mute button, it's a pretty standard button on any audio/video remote. There are numerous times I want to mute and don't feel it's important enough to pause. The Apple Remote is overly simplistic to me and for Front Row use, it could use some sort of page up/down buttons or something to quickly scroll through Artist lists.

Regardless, I want Front Row to just properly list and order my content. That would be a nice start.

Ah, my bad ... I thought your post was mixed iTunes and Front Row. I don't buy TV Shows from the iTS, so I guess I can't really help.

MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 750GB HDD
Mac mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB HDD
iPhone 5S, 32GB

Reply

MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 750GB HDD
Mac mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB HDD
iPhone 5S, 32GB

Reply
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaynham View Post

what makes it a lousy program?

Well, my complaints are pretty simplistic.
  1. Video support is really lacking and seems thrown together
  2. The Library setup blows
  3. Ordering is sometimes hit or miss

In a more expanded view:
  • You can modify groups of songs at one time, but there's no way to modify the video attributes of a group of items. For example, I was ripping a DVD set for a friend (her set, so its 'legit'!), and I needed to go through each and every title and manually copy/paste the video information (title, episode, etc) in each field, one at a time. This includes changing "Movie" to "TV Show" in the stupid drop-down box.
  • The Video type of "Movie, TV Show" etc on the video tab is NOT stored with the file, so when you move it to another library, its lost, and so everything shows up in the Videos library, not the TV show library.
  • How does one change what library a video goes into, as I've got a downloaded "TV Show" which I don't consider a show and would like it to go into the videos area.
  • You can't take video podcast episodes and see them in the video areas. Nor can you just say "Hey, this isn't a podcast, its a video!" Its inexplicably tied.
  • Podcasts downloaded through the podcast library show up (although I'm always having to stop the stupid software from re-downloading old content all the time). But podcasts that I download manually and add to iTunes do NOT show up as a podcast. They show up in the Library under the genre of Podcast.
  • I have some books-on-CD that I'm trying to put into iTunes format. Even setting the genre to "Audiobooks" does not allow it to appear in the Audiobooks library.
  • I also have some old-time-radio content, most of which shows up only under audiobooks, even though the genre is NOT 'audiobooks', but some of it does not.
  • They removed the entire 'library' view, so there's no one list to look at to get a view of your entire audio/video collection. You have to go through each sub-category. Add to that the above, where some items appear in the wrong place, and it makes it even harder.
  • You can't create folders to store your playlists, so you can keep a boatload and still be able to find what you're looking for. I've got several playlists that I use to help me keep track of new music so I can make sure its named appropriately, rated as necessary, etc, but I never listen to these lists. I use them for organizational purposes. But there they are, just intermixed with all my others. And they get stuck on the iPod as well (sure, I could just sync certain playlists, but then I'd have to make sure I had lists that had all my music in it).
  • You can't alter the browse columns. So if you want to browse by Composer, or Album Artist (vice Artist) or anything else, you can't.
  • I've got several albums, all downloaded from the iTMS, where I've downloaded the content in chunks (for example, get a free download, like the album, so you get the rest, or buy a song here and there from the same album over time). But for some unknown yet aggravating reason, these songs will NOT sort correctly when ordered by album. Song 4 shows first, followed by 1-3. If I change the sorting to "Album by Artist" or by year, then its fine, but Album alone, not correct. And, yes, I've gone through the stupid tracks with a fine tooth comb looking for any difference to cause the problem, but nothing.
  • While just a minor problem, sorting by disc number sorts all 1 of's haphazardly, not sorting all 1 of 1's, followed by 1 of 2's, etc.
  • Syncing is a pain, because Apple's progress bar keeps disappearing and re-appearing.
  • Speaking of syncing, I've still yet to find a decent reason why iTunes (my music and sometimes video app) is used to synchronize my photos and contacts to my iPod. It makes no logical sense at all.
  • Their new "download album artwork" option is a farce. Not only does it not really give you a choice of where to get it, or what to use, it doesn't store the artwork for the music with the music. Its off in some cache folder. So if you move your music to another computer, or its accessible to another user on your computer, its missing.
  • Despite using it since it came out, my music library is still filled with crap music from lousy artists!
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louzer View Post


In a more expanded view:
  • You can modify groups of songs at one time, but there's no way to modify the video attributes of a group of items. For example, I was ripping a DVD set for a friend (her set, so its 'legit'!), and I needed to go through each and every title and manually copy/paste the video information (title, episode, etc) in each field, one at a time. This includes changing "Movie" to "TV Show" in the stupid drop-down box.

  • I completely agree ... this is totally annoying, especially if you have a large number of TV shows from a season or something like that. It doesn't even autofill the information for you like it will in the music tagging menu

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

  • How does one change what library a video goes into, as I've got a downloaded "TV Show" which I don't consider a show and would like it to go into the videos area.
    Can't you just select "movie" from the drop down menu? This will pull it from the TV show library an re-file it in the video library

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

  • You can't take video podcast episodes and see them in the video areas. Nor can you just say "Hey, this isn't a podcast, its a video!" Its inexplicably tied.
  • Podcasts downloaded through the podcast library show up (although I'm always having to stop the stupid software from re-downloading old content all the time). But podcasts that I download manually and add to iTunes do NOT show up as a podcast. They show up in the Library under the genre of Podcast.
    I don't have any podcasts so I really don't what's up here...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

  • I have some books-on-CD that I'm trying to put into iTunes format. Even setting the genre to "Audiobooks" does not allow it to appear in the Audiobooks library.
  • I also have some old-time-radio content, most of which shows up only under audiobooks, even though the genre is NOT 'audiobooks', but some of it does not.
    iTunes files anything with a .m4b extension as an audiobook. Something to do with it being an audio file that allows bookmarks. Anyway, just changing the genre to "Audiobooks" doesn't move the file. (Yes, I do think filing an audiobook should be much easier than what I'm about to say... not one of my favorite things about iTunes) I'm not quite sure how or IF iTunes will rip directly to .m4b format from the audio CD if you tweak the advanced import prefs, BUT I do have a script that will convert AAC files to .m4b so they can be filed as audiobooks. I don't remeber the name of it off the top of my head and I'm not on my computer so I can't look it up, but I can try to link to this later for you. I'm willing to bet your old-time-radio content is saved as .m4b. Try converting something to your regular music format and see if that fixes the problem.

    ...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

  • You can't create folders to store your playlists, so you can keep a boatload and still be able to find what you're looking for. I've got several playlists that I use to help me keep track of new music so I can make sure its named appropriately, rated as necessary, etc, but I never listen to these lists. I use them for organizational purposes. But there they are, just intermixed with all my others. And they get stuck on the iPod as well (sure, I could just sync certain playlists, but then I'd have to make sure I had lists that had all my music in it).
    Are you talking about something like iPhoto has where you can have a folder, say Summer Vacation, and then albums in that folder, like Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, etc.? Never thought about that in iTunes, but if it's not, I could definitely see it being a useful feature to keep track of groups of playlists. Personally, I have a lot of albums with no cover art, I'd like a smart playlist option for Album Artwork = 1 or 0.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

  • You can't alter the browse columns. So if you want to browse by Composer, or Album Artist (vice Artist) or anything else, you can't.
    Can't you just right or control click the bar and add a sort column of any of the tagging options that you have? Try right-clicking the bar and a drop down menu should appear and select the option you want to add. Then you can just select that column to browse by that thing...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

  • I've got several albums, all downloaded from the iTMS, where I've downloaded the content in chunks (for example, get a free download, like the album, so you get the rest, or buy a song here and there from the same album over time). But for some unknown yet aggravating reason, these songs will NOT sort correctly when ordered by album. Song 4 shows first, followed by 1-3. If I change the sorting to "Album by Artist" or by year, then its fine, but Album alone, not correct. And, yes, I've gone through the stupid tracks with a fine tooth comb looking for any difference to cause the problem, but nothing.
    Sounds like a tagging issue. You might try re-entering the artist, album, total track number, album year, and genre in the multiple track mode. Then re-enter your individual track numbers and see if that fixes your problem.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

  • Speaking of syncing, I've still yet to find a decent reason why iTunes (my music and sometimes video app) is used to synchronize my photos and contacts to my iPod. It makes no logical sense at all.
    Well, simplicity I'm guessing, is their reason. If you want your contacts on your iPod, does it NOT make sense to sync them when you sync your music. I wouldn't want to open up iSync or Address Book or iPhoto to sync something that is easily synced through iTunes.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

  • Their new "download album artwork" option is a farce. Not only does it not really give you a choice of where to get it, or what to use, it doesn't store the artwork for the music with the music. Its off in some cache folder. So if you move your music to another computer, or its accessible to another user on your computer, its missing.
    I'm not quite sure I understand what all you're saying. If you have an album, then there is only the artwork for that album. Why would you want something different than that album's artwork? I guess they could team up with Amazon to offer a better search feature, but the artwork on Amazon isn't always the best quality ... for that matter, sometimes when I pull artwork from amazon it doesn't even fill up the little preview screen on the side. As far as storing the artwork in a cache folder, I do agree ... slightly lame.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

  • Despite using it since it came out, my music library is still filled with crap music from lousy artists!
Heh ... so are you saying the music you listen to is crap? You realize if you want to get rid of the music, all you have to do is select the tracks and hit delete, right? Then when it asks you if you want to keep the linked files, you tell iTunes to trash them...

MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 750GB HDD
Mac mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB HDD
iPhone 5S, 32GB

Reply

MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 750GB HDD
Mac mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB HDD
iPhone 5S, 32GB

Reply
post #33 of 36
I've had zero problems with 7.1.1... and I run it on a blue and white G3.
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgNuke1707 View Post

Can't you just right or control click the bar and add a sort column of any of the tagging options that you have? Try right-clicking the bar and a drop down menu should appear and select the option you want to add. Then you can just select that column to browse by that thing...

I'm talking about changing the 2 or 3 Browse columns at the top of the page, not just the displayed columns in the library list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgNuke1707 View Post

Sounds like a tagging issue. You might try re-entering the artist, album, total track number, album year, and genre in the multiple track mode. Then re-enter your individual track numbers and see if that fixes your problem.

Been there, done that. Over and over and over again. I thought I had the answer to my problem when itunes 7 came out and the album artist field showed up, but cleaning those fields out didn't help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgNuke1707 View Post

Well, simplicity I'm guessing, is their reason. If you want your contacts on your iPod, does it NOT make sense to sync them when you sync your music. I wouldn't want to open up iSync or Address Book or iPhoto to sync something that is easily synced through iTunes.

I don't know. I actually thought Apple's iSync, and how it was used in 10.3, made a whole lot more sense then the way it is set up now. In order to sync contacts to your iPod, you need to go to iTunes. To update .mac, its off to system preferences, .mac panel, then the third tab. Before I could just say "Sync" and it would go everywhere.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AgNuke1707 View Post

I'm not quite sure I understand what all you're saying. If you have an album, then there is only the artwork for that album. Why would you want something different than that album's artwork? I guess they could team up with Amazon to offer a better search feature, but the artwork on Amazon isn't always the best quality ... for that matter, sometimes when I pull artwork from amazon it doesn't even fill up the little preview screen on the side. As far as storing the artwork in a cache folder, I do agree ... slightly lame.

Apple's retrieval of artwork doesn't always get the RIGHT artwork. Its hard to be 100% correct, esp. based on limited searching abilities. But it also only searches its own library, so there's lots of stuff it doesn't find, or offers up something that it thinks is correct.
post #35 of 36
Ever Since iTunes 7.1 came out, my music has been skipping all over the place. I figured 7.1.1 would finally fix it, but no, the skipping is worse and happens more often. I wonder if it has something to do with me running Windows XP x64. 7.0.x worked perfectly and I'd only have skipping once in a blue moon. Now it's almost once per song.
post #36 of 36
Ok when itunes 7.1.1 cam out I was like yess maybe now I will be able to play the music i downloaded from itunes store instead of havening to eternally enter my password. but alas no however I no longer have to worry about that. Now all i have to worry about is itunes restarting my computer every time I run it. It just goes to scanning media library then the computer restarts. Im running vista on a standard toshba qosimo g-35
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple patches issues with iTunes 7.1.1 release