Answer me these questions...
- Who has more troops stationed outside their borders?
- Who has the larger WMD stockpile?
- Who has actually used nukes in war?
- Who actually has nukes?
- Who is currently involved in major offensive military action in the middle east, and is making dangerous rhetoric regarding attacking the other party?
- Who has been involved in more military conflict against other nations?
- Who has sponsored more terror and revolution, and violated other countries sovereignty more than the other?
- Who else has bases and warships just over the border from the other party?
Now theres nothing wrong with being more dangerous, in fact, from a military perspective, its ideal to be more dangerous, but seriously, comparing the two countries side by side, on what fucking "Neverland" could it possibly be argued that Iran is more dangerous than the US?
1. We have, and it served the world mightily well for decades. We kept western Europe from the grip of brutal communism. That's just one example.
2. Our WMD stockpile is just as much about an arms race as it is global dominance. The Cold War built the stockpiles. We just maintain them for a rainy day.
3. The US used the nukes, because we were attacked at Pearl Harbor, and did not want to waste even more lives in a mainland invasion of Japan. Their use was totally justified. Terrible, but justified.
4. We do. And thank God we do. Deterrence works.
5. You mean who is the only nation that has the guts to stand up to the same people that turn their children into bombs to kill innocent people? Yep, that's US!
6. You mean who has HAD to get involved for the sake of freedom across the world? In Germany? In Japan? In Bosnia? .... It's a damn good thing we DO get involved, Iraq not withstanding.
7. The USSR. Without a doubt.
8. That Manifest Destiny is a nice thing. And let's not pretend you need a military base to do what happened on 9/11, It is the NATURE of the terrorist nations we are confronting to not trifle with things like uniforms, Geneva Conventions, and bases. And in this "neverland" - we are not committed to giving nuclear weapons to terror groups. My god.
You need to think about what the US has done FOR the world, not just TO it.