or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran Captures and Holds British Sailors

Iran Captures and Holds British Sailors - Page 5

post #161 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

The answer - and this is from the BBC - was this:

"We did an interview with her on HMS Cornwall a few days before this incident and part of that interview was a deal with the Navy that [i]if for any reason her name became prominent in the public domain then they could name her on the condition they did not name any other service personnel that may be involved in any event she was associated with".

Basically they signed a deal a few days before to interview and have the rights to use her name but no-one else's.

I find that interesting though nobody else probably will.

I'm amazed at how well "she" has learned how to speak English like a true Brit. FYI, that's no woman; that's Karl Rove. Chilling.....
"some catch on faster than others"
"some catch on faster than others"
post #162 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

... check that... in the perspective of a person who apparently sees the US as nothing more than a liability to the world. This internet you're using? Your gift from the United States Department of Defense.

You mean byproduct.

The U.S. is making itself a liability by it's actions. Which by the way don't reflect the values our fore fathers intended.

We really aren't ( nor could we afford to be ) world policeman.

We need to try to work with other countries not attempt to bully them. History is replete with examples of what happens when you try to do that.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #163 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

We really aren't ( nor could we afford to be ) world policeman.

The US has been the world's policeman for 50 years now - who do you think patrols the world's oceans?
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #164 of 367
Yea. A byproduct. Sure.

Semantics.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #165 of 367
Quote:

Yea. A byproduct. Sure.

Semantics.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3357073.stm
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #166 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

The US has been the world's policeman for 50 years now - who do you think patrols the world's oceans?

Exactly. Jimmac acts as if this is a new idea. We've been the police since WWII.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #167 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Exactly. Jimmac acts as if this is a new idea. We've been the police since WWII.

Secret Police/Gestapo even......
post #168 of 367
Quote:

Uh oh. Godwin's law approaching. Take cover.
post #169 of 367
Seems like the 'map' that 'proves' the Brits were not bare-faced aggressors may be yet another forgery in the grand tradition of the 'dodgy dossier'.

Starting to look like a bad replay of the same Iraq MO.....they should really get some more material if they want to be convincing..then I guess they don't really need it if those assessing have all the critical and analytical powers of a lobotomized amoeba with Alzheimers. On Acid.
post #170 of 367
Quote:

Sounds like you might be referring to the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS). (Secret police in Iran...? no, can't be)

I suppose the Brits should consider themselves lucky that it was sailors that were captured and not journalists. They would likely already be dead if they were journalists in Iran (That bastion of governmental 'integrity')

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
post #171 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

Sounds like you might be referring to the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS). (Secret police in Iran...? no, can't be)

I suppose the Brits should consider themselves lucky that it was sailors that were captured and not journalists. They would likely already be dead if they were journalists in Iran (That bastion of governmental 'integrity')

Hmm.....judging by the footage of hostages coming out of Teheran I'd rather take my chances with the Iranians than be an innocent member of the public on extended leave in Gitmo...pointy black hoods and electrodes to the testicles are so last year.......
post #172 of 367
Quote:

Sounds like this guy invented the web which came much after the internet. Big difference.
post #173 of 367
Quote:

Hmm.....judging by the footage of hostages coming out of Teheran I'd rather take my chances with the Iranians than be an innocent member of the public on extended leave in Gitmo...pointy black hoods and electrodes to the testicles are so last year.......

unless you were some one like a jounalist...then you would likely just be dead. and beaten. some broken bones. maybe raped. flogged.

Like I said, maybe they are lucky they are sailors and their capture was public.

...sometimes it's both

...sometimes it's both
post #174 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Sounds like this guy invented the web which came much after the internet. Big difference.

Yes...but Jubelum stipulated the 'internet you are using'...he is right though...it is semantics I guess...
post #175 of 367
[CENTER]We now return you to the Iranian/British negotiations...

See you all April 6th. Dosvidania [/CENTER]
post #176 of 367
Quote:

J.C.R. Licklider
Vannevar Bush

OMG! A Bush! A Bush! Conspiracy! Black Helicopters! New World Order! The Internet was created by a Bush to keep us all arguing partisan issues on a stupid message board and not watching what the govt is REALLY doing! Tinfoil Hats! Area 51! The Lochness Monster! Hoffa! Crop Circles!

PS- THESE are some of the people who should keep you awake at night: DARPA

"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #177 of 367
Quote:

...The Internet was created by a Bush to keep us all arguing partisan issues on a stupid message board and not watching what the govt is REALLY doing!

Someone alert Al Gore!
post #178 of 367
Quote:

Seems like the 'map' that 'proves' the Brits were not bare-faced aggressors may be yet another forgery in the grand tradition of the 'dodgy dossier'.

Starting to look like a bad replay of the same Iraq MO.....they should really get some more material if they want to be convincing..then I guess they don't really need it if those assessing have all the critical and analytical powers of a lobotomized amoeba with Alzheimers. On Acid.

You never cease to amaze me.

First, a "fake" map? Fake? To show it was fake, you'd have to show there was intent to deceive. Isn't it more reasonable to conclude that Britain was following the map they felt was accurate? Secondly...don't most nations agree the border is where the Brits say it is?

Last...and best: I love how you accuse the Brits of forgery, yet you're dead silent on the fact that after they released the GPS data, Iran changed the coordinates they claimed as the sailors' location. The initial set matched the British set, but...wait for it...Iran changed them to show they were inside Iranian waters! Not only does this blow your argument out of the water...it also shows that Iran likely knew full well where the border was, as shown by the magical "fake" map.
post #179 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Someone alert Al Gore!

"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #180 of 367
Quote:

Seems like the 'map' that 'proves' the Brits were not bare-faced aggressors...

Yes, the UK "invaded" Iran with 15 troops in an act of bare faced aggression...

Vinea
post #181 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Yes, the UK "invaded" Iran with 15 troops in an act of bare faced aggression...

Vinea

... just slightly better than crashing a couple of choppers in the desert. At least these Britons are alive, for now. \
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #182 of 367
A Deadly U.S.-Iran Firefight

"The soldiers who were there still talk about the September 7 firefight on the Iran-Iraq border in whispers. At Forward Operating Base Warhorse, the main U.S. military outpost in Iraq's eastern Diyala Province bordering Iran, U.S. troops recount events reluctantly, offering details only on condition that they remain nameless. Everyone seems to sense the possible consequences of revealing that a clash between U.S. and Iranian forces had turned deadly. And although the Pentagon has acknowledged that a firefight took place, it says it cannot say anything more. 'For that level of detail, you're going to have to ask the [U.S.] military in Baghdad,' says Army Lieut. Col. Mark Ballesteros. 'We don't know anything about it.'"

Very interesting. Seems that the Iranian army really feel that they have the power to face the American forces. I guess an 8 year, 1 million casualty hell on earth experience will do that to you.
post #183 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

A Deadly U.S.-Iran Firefight

"The soldiers who were there still talk about the September 7 firefight on the Iran-Iraq border in whispers. At Forward Operating Base Warhorse, the main U.S. military outpost in Iraq's eastern Diyala Province bordering Iran, U.S. troops recount events reluctantly, offering details only on condition that they remain nameless. Everyone seems to sense the possible consequences of revealing that a clash between U.S. and Iranian forces had turned deadly. And although the Pentagon has acknowledged that a firefight took place, it says it cannot say anything more. 'For that level of detail, you're going to have to ask the [U.S.] military in Baghdad,' says Army Lieut. Col. Mark Ballesteros. 'We don't know anything about it.'"

Very interesting. Seems that the Iranian army really feel that they have the power to face the American forces. I guess an 8 year, 1 million casualty hell on earth experience will do that to you.

'Negative' freedom against 'positive' ...
Iranians protecting their country. Americans, on the other hand, don't even have clue what they are leaving for.
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
post #184 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mph View Post

'Negative' freedom against 'positive' ...
Iranians protecting their country. Americans, on the other hand, don't even have clue what they are leaving for.

You're freaking me out. I have been watching this series. It's too bad that the average American couldn't endure (much less understand) this blatant truth of what has been happening. I recommend this series. Here's a Google link.

The Trap: Episode One.

Damn, this should be a thread of it's own really.

Back on topic sheople, answer me this. What happened to the five Iranian officials that were "captured" by the U.S. Military. Yeah, remember them? Haven't seen any videos of them having tea and crumpets with Americans have we? Where are they?

Fate of Five Detained Iranians Unknown

This is the act that set the stage for the "capture" of 15 British soldiers. This is the tipping point.
post #185 of 367
Quote:

You're freaking me out. I have been watching this series. It's too bad that the average American couldn't endure (much less understand) this blatant truth of what has been happening. I recommend this series. Here's a Google link.

The Trap: Episode One.

Damn, this should be a thread of it's own really.

I started one a while back - no one seemed to want to know...

Which is not surprising really...truth hurts...and this truth hurts a real lot....
post #186 of 367
I am radically revising my opinion on Ahmedinejad. Certain things have been troubling me for some time and now I can no longer give him the benefit of the doubt.

The first thing that aroused my concern was a succession of interviews where he had the opportunity to deny the 'wiped off the map' lie.

Having read the initial source, I know for a fact he did not say this yet I also know for a fact from interviews I have seen and read that he does not deny it when pressed. He just changes the subject. I found this puzzling.

Now, with this latest hostage crisis - which is escalating by the day - I also find Iran's behaviour inexplicable. They have the moral high ground - why antagonize the West - it is almost as SDW said and as if they actually want a conflict. I was closed to this view for quite a while but now I am starting to consider it as a serious possibility.

I heard a few moments ago that Iran has said that they will put the hostages on trial and if found guilty they will be punished. This is an escalation and if this were to happen we would be at war.

So; the facts are these: we know the US/UK wants war with Iran.

I had always assumed that Iran was just another victim but perhaps they are more complicit, perhaps they to want war.

So...what does this mean

There is only one possibility in my mind...Ahmedinejad is a US stooge.

Once you accept that as a possibility then all else falls into place and makes sense. Let's look at the facts:

1) We know the US does have sleepers in Iran - the terror group MEK which is currently waging a terrorist bombing campaign is US backed.

2) Ahmedinejad is doing nothing about these terrorists and they can kill with impunity.

3) When Ahmedinejad came to power Iran was braced to vote in a moderate President who would have implemented sweeping liberal reforms. Somehow this did not happen and - mysteriously - Ahmedinejad was in place instead.

4) Ahmedinejad plays again and again into the established perception of the world as defined by the US/Israel axis.

Most Eastern Muslims reject this view - they do not see the world as the US sees it even though they oppose Israel. Ahmedinejad see the world EXACTLY as the US sees it - just apparently from the other side of the fence.

5) Lack of denial of lies told about him - lies designed to demonize him.

6) Actions that play into US/UK hands....Israel, this current situation, the Zionism conference....

There is only one conclusion.....the Neocons want their slaughter and is an essential part of making it all happen. They had OBL and Saddam on the payroll now they have Ahmedinejad.

They are playing us like a violin.
post #187 of 367
I have an alternate theory segovius. Ahmedinejad is actually a bad guy. He did actually say, and the Mullas want to, wipe Israel off the map. They really do want a nuke and actually are working hard on it. They really are stalling the UN because they know the UN is a stooge. Brits really were in Iraqi waters and were kidnapped at gun point by Iran. Iran really did do it as a pure distraction from their problems in the UN. And there are too many people like you that are actually so diluted that you defend them at every turn.

Just a theory.
post #188 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I have an alternate theory segovius. Ahmedinejad is actually a bad guy. He did actually say, and the Mullas want to, wipe Israel off the map. They really do want a nuke and actually are working hard on it. They really are stalling the UN because they know the UN is a stooge. Brits really were in Iraqi waters and were kidnapped at gun point by Iran. Iran really did do it as a pure distraction from their problems in the UN. And there are too many people like you that are actually so diluted that you defend them at every turn.

Just a theory.

I welcome theories....but in this case yours falls at the first hurdle. He did not say he wanted Israel wiped off the map.

I have read the original transcripts and they are widely available.

You may wish he had said it...he may even have wanted to say it...but the fact is he did not say it.

We need to proceed from facts so if you keep insisting black is white we will get nowhere....I am happy to take on board pretty much anything but if it means accepting that something we know is white is in fact black then I won't follow you there I'm afraid....
post #189 of 367
Terry Jones of Monty Python has written an insightful and humorous opinion on this situation.

Call that humiliation?

No hoods. No electric shocks. No beatings. These Iranians clearly are a very uncivilised bunch

Terry Jones
Saturday March 31, 2007
The Guardian

I share the outrage expressed in the British press over the treatment of our naval personnel accused by Iran of illegally entering their waters. It is a disgrace. We would never dream of treating captives like this - allowing them to smoke cigarettes, for example, even though it has been proven that smoking kills. And as for compelling poor servicewoman Faye Turney to wear a black headscarf, and then allowing the picture to be posted around the world - have the Iranians no concept of civilised behaviour? For God's sake, what's wrong with putting a bag over her head? That's what we do with the Muslims we capture: we put bags over their heads, so it's hard to breathe. Then it's perfectly acceptable to take photographs of them and circulate them to the press because the captives can't be recognised and humiliated in the way these unfortunate British service people are.

It is also unacceptable that these British captives should be made to talk on television and say things that they may regret later. If the Iranians put duct tape over their mouths, like we do to our captives, they wouldn't be able to talk at all. Of course they'd probably find it even harder to breathe - especially with a bag over their head - but at least they wouldn't be humiliated.

And what's all this about allowing the captives to write letters home saying they are all right? It's time the Iranians fell into line with the rest of the civilised world: they should allow their captives the privacy of solitary confinement. That's one of the many privileges the US grants to its captives in Guantánamo Bay.

The true mark of a civilised country is that it doesn't rush into charging people whom it has arbitrarily arrested in places it's just invaded. The inmates of Guantánamo, for example, have been enjoying all the privacy they want for almost five years, and the first inmate has only just been charged. What a contrast to the disgraceful Iranian rush to parade their captives before the cameras!

What's more, it is clear that the Iranians are not giving their British prisoners any decent physical exercise. The US military make sure that their Iraqi captives enjoy PT. This takes the form of exciting "stress positions", which the captives are expected to hold for hours on end so as to improve their stomach and calf muscles. A common exercise is where they are made to stand on the balls of their feet and then squat so that their thighs are parallel to the ground. This creates intense pain and, finally, muscle failure. It's all good healthy fun and has the bonus that the captives will confess to anything to get out of it.

And this brings me to my final point. It is clear from her TV appearance that servicewoman Turney has been put under pressure. The newspapers have persuaded behavioural psychologists to examine the footage and they all conclude that she is "unhappy and stressed".

What is so appalling is the underhand way in which the Iranians have got her "unhappy and stressed". She shows no signs of electrocution or burn marks and there are no signs of beating on her face. This is unacceptable. If captives are to be put under duress, such as by forcing them into compromising sexual positions, or having electric shocks to their genitals, they should be photographed, as they were in Abu Ghraib. The photographs should then be circulated around the civilised world so that everyone can see exactly what has been going on.

As Stephen Glover pointed out in the Daily Mail, perhaps it would not be right to bomb Iran in retaliation for the humiliation of our servicemen, but clearly the Iranian people must be made to suffer - whether by beefing up sanctions, as the Mail suggests, or simply by getting President Bush to hurry up and invade, as he intends to anyway, and bring democracy and western values to the country, as he has in Iraq.

· Terry Jones is a film director, actor and Python
www.terry-jones.net
post #190 of 367
Quote:

Terry Jones of Monty Python has written an insightful and humorous opinion on this situation.

Call that humiliation?

No hoods. No electric shocks. No beatings. These Iranians clearly are a very uncivilised bunch

Terry Jones
Saturday March 31, 2007
The Guardian

I share the outrage expressed in the British press over the treatment of our naval personnel accused by Iran of illegally entering their waters. It is a disgrace. We would never dream of treating captives like this - allowing them to smoke cigarettes, for example, even though it has been proven that smoking kills. And as for compelling poor servicewoman Faye Turney to wear a black headscarf, and then allowing the picture to be posted around the world - have the Iranians no concept of civilised behaviour? For God's sake, what's wrong with putting a bag over her head? That's what we do with the Muslims we capture: we put bags over their heads, so it's hard to breathe. Then it's perfectly acceptable to take photographs of them and circulate them to the press because the captives can't be recognised and humiliated in the way these unfortunate British service people are.

It is also unacceptable that these British captives should be made to talk on television and say things that they may regret later. If the Iranians put duct tape over their mouths, like we do to our captives, they wouldn't be able to talk at all. Of course they'd probably find it even harder to breathe - especially with a bag over their head - but at least they wouldn't be humiliated.

And what's all this about allowing the captives to write letters home saying they are all right? It's time the Iranians fell into line with the rest of the civilised world: they should allow their captives the privacy of solitary confinement. That's one of the many privileges the US grants to its captives in Guantánamo Bay.

The true mark of a civilised country is that it doesn't rush into charging people whom it has arbitrarily arrested in places it's just invaded. The inmates of Guantánamo, for example, have been enjoying all the privacy they want for almost five years, and the first inmate has only just been charged. What a contrast to the disgraceful Iranian rush to parade their captives before the cameras!

What's more, it is clear that the Iranians are not giving their British prisoners any decent physical exercise. The US military make sure that their Iraqi captives enjoy PT. This takes the form of exciting "stress positions", which the captives are expected to hold for hours on end so as to improve their stomach and calf muscles. A common exercise is where they are made to stand on the balls of their feet and then squat so that their thighs are parallel to the ground. This creates intense pain and, finally, muscle failure. It's all good healthy fun and has the bonus that the captives will confess to anything to get out of it.

And this brings me to my final point. It is clear from her TV appearance that servicewoman Turney has been put under pressure. The newspapers have persuaded behavioural psychologists to examine the footage and they all conclude that she is "unhappy and stressed".

What is so appalling is the underhand way in which the Iranians have got her "unhappy and stressed". She shows no signs of electrocution or burn marks and there are no signs of beating on her face. This is unacceptable. If captives are to be put under duress, such as by forcing them into compromising sexual positions, or having electric shocks to their genitals, they should be photographed, as they were in Abu Ghraib. The photographs should then be circulated around the civilised world so that everyone can see exactly what has been going on.

As Stephen Glover pointed out in the Daily Mail, perhaps it would not be right to bomb Iran in retaliation for the humiliation of our servicemen, but clearly the Iranian people must be made to suffer - whether by beefing up sanctions, as the Mail suggests, or simply by getting President Bush to hurry up and invade, as he intends to anyway, and bring democracy and western values to the country, as he has in Iraq.

· Terry Jones is a film director, actor and Python
www.terry-jones.net

Two words: Uniformed Army.
post #191 of 367
Quote:

I welcome theories....but in this case yours falls at the first hurdle. He did not say he wanted Israel wiped off the map.

You may wish he had said it...he may even have wanted to say it...but the fact is he did not say it.

We need to proceed from facts so if you keep insisting black is white we will get nowhere....I am happy to take on board pretty much anything but if it means accepting that something we know is white is in fact black then I won't follow you there I'm afraid....

I had high hopes for you upon the reading the first few lines of your longer post about reconsidering your position. Then there was this:

Quote:

You're deluded. The ONLY possibility in your mind? That says it all.

Now, as for the "quote" from President Tom. He DID say it. He said it. He said it. He said it! He said it!

How long will you continue to deny it? He was agreeing with Kohomeni, who said it too. The words left his mouth. Granted, he was not the individual who originally uttered them.
post #192 of 367
Quote:

INow, as for the "quote" from President Tom. He DID say it. He said it. He said it. He said it! He said it!

How long will you continue to deny it? He was agreeing with Kohomeni, who said it too. The words left his mouth. Granted, he was not the individual who originally uttered them.

Ok - tell you what, we will never agree on this so let;s just agree to differ.

I will accept the original Farsi of the speech from the original transcripts and you can accept the Israeli-Memri translation into English of Hebrew translations of the speech via CNN or Fox.

It's all ok. It's called freedom.
post #193 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

And how's that been working out for us?
post #194 of 367
Quote:

Reletive to the history of our country 50 to 60 years ain't long.

And in that time I wouldn't exactly call it an unqualified sucess.
post #195 of 367
Quote:

Two words: Uniformed Army.

Expand?
post #196 of 367
Quote:

How do you know the transcripts that you've read are correct? How do you know someone like yourself isn't coloring the truth to give cover to him so people like you can continue to believe what you want.

It's amazing to me that everything for you is viewed through the lens of the US and Israel being the puppet master of it all. I might suggest psychotherapy.
post #197 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo View Post

How do you know the transcripts that you've read are correct? How do you know someone like yourself isn't coloring the truth to give cover to him so people like you can continue to believe what you want.

It's amazing to me that everything for you is viewed through the lens of the US and Israel being the puppet master of it all. I might suggest psychotherapy.

If the transcripts I have read are not correct then the interpretation of SDW and yourself also cannot possibly be correct because this translation is based on this same transcript.

It just translates it wrongly.

Perhaps if you said that both the original transcript AND the Memri translation are false then this would be possible. But then you would have to explain where the quote 'wipe off the map' came from if not from these transcripts.

It amazes ME how logic can be thrown out of the window in order to support a blind belief.

The facts are these

1) That Ahmedinejad gave a speech on a specific date where he referred to Israel.

2) That he used explicit words to underline his opinion that Zionism should and will be destroyed.

3) This is recorded verbatim in a transcript that is available freely.

4) Because it is available freely Memri have it.

5) They translate 'Zionism must be destroyed' as 'wipe Israel off the map'.

6) People like you believe them.

There is no mystery - the Persian sentence that Memri claim says 'wipe Israel off the map' does not say anything of the sort.

We can go over it again for the hundredth time if you insist and I can give you the exact Farsi and you can check it with whoever and wherever you like.
post #198 of 367
Quote:

I am radically revising my opinion on Ahmedinejad. Certain things have been troubling me for some time and now I can no longer give him the benefit of the doubt.

Always interesting watching Seg's thought process.

The world sees Iranian leadership acting like assholes, Seg claims they are 1)wise 2)acting with integrity 3)justified 4)standing up to US/Israeli aggression.

Finally no longer able to rationally defend these positions, he admits they are acting like assholes. But can only bring himself to acknowledge this reality by spinning it to again blame the US and the zionist jews.

It is sort of a shame, because Seg is obviously a highly intelligent person who is able to put together some of the most compelling arguments on these boards. Sad then, that his world view is so bitter and hateful towards certain groups that he allows himself to make such weak arguments on some topics.

...sometimes it's both

...sometimes it's both
post #199 of 367
[double post on edit]

...sometimes it's both

...sometimes it's both
post #200 of 367
Quote:

Expand?

The reason we have denied the "protection" of Geneva Conventions to terror suspects is that they were not part of a uniformed army of a nation-state. Iran has blatantly violated international law with its conduct. Now, I grant you they are not being mistreated as prisoners were at Abu Grahib. But that incident was not a matter of US policy, wrong as it was.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran Captures and Holds British Sailors