or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran Captures and Holds British Sailors

Iran Captures and Holds British Sailors - Page 10

post #361 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Just so long as Iran doesn't go on Oprah.

HEY! This sounds like a great idea.

We can invite all teh terrorists to be in the studio audience - tell 'em Oprah's giving away Buicks!

Tape it on location in Guantanamo, and we're in business, baby!
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #362 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

HEY! This sounds like a great idea.

We can invite all teh terrorists to be in the studio audience - tell 'em Oprah's giving away Buicks!

Tape it on location in Guantanamo, and we're in business, baby!

Or maybe we can tell Al Jazeera that Oprah's giving away Whitney Houston and finally get OBL?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #363 of 367
If memory serves, just before 9/11 and the Iraq Occupation, wasn't Iran on its way to normalizing relations with the US? Weren't we encouraged by the younger population of Iran and their more "westernized" world view? Weren't we hoping that this younger generation would ultimately overthrow their Ayatollah's and demand a more representative government?

It seemed as if we had finally turned a corner with Iran.

And now their the worst fucking scum on the planet and should be bombed into the stone age?

I don't get it.

If I were Iran and American came in and bombed the shit out of my neighbor, I'd be a little alarmed and bit confrontations myself. But hey, I'm just a dirty-fucking-hippie.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #364 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

If memory serves, just before 9/11 and the Iraq Occupation, wasn't Iran on its way to normalizing relations with the US? Weren't we encouraged by the younger population of Iran and their more "westernized" world view? Weren't we hoping that this younger generation would ultimately overthrow their Ayatollah's and demand a more representative government?

And now their the worst fucking scum on the planet and should be bombed into the stone age?

I don't get it.

If I were Iran and American came in and bombed the shit out of my neighbor, I'd be a little alarmed and bit confrontations myself. But hey, I'm just a dirty-fucking-hippie.

It's on the Axis of evil in'it mate!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_evil

It's on the "to fuck" list....

Biggest joke of all is.. When US et al decide to finally strut they're stuff all over it. OR go for Mr. Bolton's recommended regime change inevitable action.
That is the time the nuclear equipment will go missing - and fall into the hands that everyone should be worried about.
post #365 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

I don't get it.

That was prior to Ahmadinejad. That's what's different.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #366 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That was prior to Ahmadinejad. That's what's different.

Yes - and interestingly enough, most observers believe he was elected in 2005 because hardliners became more popular than moderates in Iran in response to the US invasion and occupation of the country next door to them.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #367 of 367
Exactly now we are getting somewhere.

Put on the world famous Axis-of-Evil list back in 2002, along with Iraq and N. Korea. N. Korea has weapons Iraq don't. Iraq is blown to shit....

2005 Ahmadinejad elected...

fill in the blanks.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran Captures and Holds British Sailors