or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran Captures and Holds British Sailors

Iran Captures and Holds British Sailors - Page 3

post #81 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Listen bucko! I was thinking the exact same thing and since you accused me of the same thing I thought it only fair to bring this up at an appropriate moment.

You're always worked up ( not in a good way ) when there's military action pending.

So creative! Let's call SDW a warmonger!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #82 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6501555.stm

"The Royal Navy says satellite data proves 15 personnel being held in Iran were 1.7 nautical miles inside Iraqi waters when they were seized."

I heard that this morning as well. Iran is still refusing to allow the sailors to be seen by British diplomats as well. I really wonder what the hell they're thinking here. It's almost as if they're trying to start a war.
post #83 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I heard that this morning as well. Iran is still refusing to allow the sailors to be seen by British diplomats as well. I really wonder what the hell they're thinking here. It's almost as if they're trying to start a war.

The accused repeatedly bashed his head against the boot of the officer before launching a savage unprovoked attack on the law enforcement official's truncheon with numerous parts of his body.

"It was almost as if he WANTED to be beaten to a pulp" said a shocked Officer Mengele from the trauma support center where he has been seeking treatment after yesterday's shocking events.

The victim - a foreign man who was blatantly found to be in possession of dark skin and a weird religion in a built-up area during the hours of darkness - proceeded to force Officer Mengele to pistol-whip him into a bloody pool of matter frustrating the hapless officer's best attempts to remove the victims hand from the gun.

In a chilling and shocking culmination to the incident, the unspeakably evil victim threw himself without any remorse or conscience into the path of the brave officer's hail of bullets.

Our thoughts are with Officer Mengele's family, pets and drinking buddies.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #84 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

The accused repeatedly bashed his head against the boot of the officer before launching a savage unprovoked attack on the law enforcement official's truncheon with numerous parts of his body.

"It was almost as if he WANTED to be beaten to a pulp" said a shocked Officer Mengele from the trauma support center where he has been seeking treatment after yesterday's shocking events.

The victim - a foreign man who was blatantly found to be in possession of dark skin and a weird religion in a built-up area during the hours of darkness - proceeded to force Officer Mengele to pistol-whip him into a bloody pool of matter frustrating the hapless officer's best attempts to remove the victims hand from the gun.

In a chilling and shocking culmination to the incident, the unspeakably evil victim threw himself without any remorse or conscience into the path of the brave officer's hail of bullets.

Our thoughts are with Officer Mengele's family, pets and drinking buddies.

Don't even know where to begin. I guess I could start with "What is it, seg, that Iran cannot do?" Seriously...I mean...is there ANYTHING this country could do that would change your idealized view of them? Is there any action whatsoever?

The evidence is clear that Iran illegally captured British sailors in Iraqi waters. What should they do about it?
post #85 of 367
Quote:

Don't even know where to begin. I guess I could start with "What is it, seg, that Iran cannot do?" Seriously...I mean...is there ANYTHING this country could do that would change your idealized view of them? Is there any action whatsoever?

I don't know to be honest...I guess I wouldn't be too happy if they embraced Capitalism, bowed to their American overlords and planted McDonald's drive-ins all over the main religious sites....

But then again, the fact they are fighting to STOP this happening is what takes them to somewhere near the top of my list.

That and the fact that virtually all the reasons you would give for hating them are lies made up by the same bastards that are fucking up everywhere else.

That has something to do with it...
post #86 of 367
Quote:

The evidence is clear that Iran illegally captured British sailors in Iraqi waters. What should they do about it?

Is it clear though?

When proven liars who have already murdered tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of their 'enemy of choice', all based on lies....when these same liars start to try to to advance the murderous programme to the next 'enemy' on a list they have been unequivocal about....when this happens you question me for not believing them?

Seems odd......
post #87 of 367
Quote:

So creative! Let's call SDW a warmonger!

No. You just " Can't wait " for something bad to happen.

Turnabout is fair play you know.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #88 of 367
Quote:

Now be fair - it's not his fault it's the Iranians!!

It's almost as if they're trying to start a war.
post #89 of 367
Quote:

Is it clear though?

When proven liars who have already murdered tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of their 'enemy of choice', all based on lies....when these same liars start to try to to advance the murderous programme to the next 'enemy' on a list they have been unequivocal about....when this happens you question me for not believing them?

Seems odd......

So you are saying Iran never lied about anything? Should we now trust everything Iran says. A liar's enemy can't lie as well to push their own agenda?

In a perfect Segovius world, where you are the grand puppet master, how would you move forward?
post #90 of 367
Just heard that Iran is saying it will release the woman serviceperson today or tomorrow....
post #91 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmaster308 View Post

So you are saying Iran never lied about anything? Should we now trust everything Iran says. A liar's enemy can't lie as well to push their own agenda?

In a perfect Segovius world, where you are the grand puppet master, how would you move forward?

I wouldn't get into this situation in the first place by mouthing off about 'axis of evil' and interfering in their country and giving it the macho swagger that we are going to start blowing things up.

From that basis I would establish a position of trust and respect as well as a knowledge of cultural differences and I would commit myself to the principles of democracy and Freedom - the real ones, not the ersatz Bush proll-speak - and try to make myself the best statesman I could.

Then there would be no 'situations like this'.

Of course that's if I was me...if I was Bush I probably wouldn't do anything different; run around frothing and chest-beating when anyone questions my macho credentials and generally blast away at anything that seems vaguely un-Christian.....

But then I wouldn't be me would I?
post #92 of 367
Seg,

Quote:
But then again, the fact they are fighting to STOP this happening is what takes them to somewhere near the top of my list.

Seriously...I think you're mentally ill. They captured and held hostage British Sailors in Iraqi territorial waters. Please. There's no defense for this. War or no war...they're provoking. Jesus.
post #93 of 367
Quote:

Is it clear though?

Seems odd......

Oh come on. What...they falsified the GPS data?
post #94 of 367
Quote:

Seg,

Seriously...I think you're mentally ill. They captured and held hostage British Sailors in Iraqi territorial waters. Please. There's no defense for this. War or no war...they're provoking. Jesus.

Maybe we just don't understand their culture? Maybe thats how they show love and understanding to their fellow man. We should embrace it.
post #95 of 367
Quote:

Turnabout is fair play you know.

Uh...something bad happening and being apprehensive about it is not the same as wanting it to happen. No one wants a war, especially not me. This is just your cheap ass attempt at firing back for you truly hoping the economy goes down the tank...so you and yours can use it as political amunition.
post #96 of 367
Lets think about this for a minute.

Case 1

The incident happened in Iraqi waters.
The Royal Navy ship allowed an Iranian Navy ship to capture British sailors in Iraqi waters.
Would the Royal Navy ship be allowed to sink the Iranian Navy ship??

OR

Case 2

The incident happened in Iranian waters.
The Royal Navy ship allowed an Iranian Navy ship to capture British sailors in Iranian waters.
The Royal Navy ship attacking an Iranian Navy ship in Iranian waters would be an Act of War.

Which one makes more sense??
post #97 of 367
Quote:

Oh come on. What...they falsified the GPS data?

Doesn't really matter. Remeber, when they hadn't yet released the data, it showed that they were liars. Now that they have released it, it shows that they are liars.

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
post #98 of 367
The wannabe Iranian dictator and his cronies are in trouble with their own people. This is an attempt to convince the people that their leadership is correct to oppose the evil west. The little fellow in the tan coat is on thin ice. Won't be a problem much longer.
"some catch on faster than others"
post #99 of 367
God - the hive mind has really gone to 11 tonight hasn't it....
post #100 of 367
Iran Shows Video of Captured Britons

TEHRAN, Iran Mar 28, 2007 (AP) Iranian state television showed video footage Wednesday of a the servicewoman and a group of seized British sailors and marines. The video showed the sailors and marines eating. The woman, 26-year-old Faye Turney, was shown wearing a white tunic with a black headscarf draped loosely over her hair.

"Obviously we trespassed," Turney said on the footage broadcast by Al-Alam, an Arabic-language, Iranian state-run television station that is carried across the Middle East by satellite. She was also shown in uniform eating with sailors and marines and at one point was shown smoking a cigarette with eyes downcast.
post #101 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

Doesn't really matter. Remeber, when they hadn't yet released the data, it showed that they were liars. Now that they have released it, it shows that they are liars.

True. My bad!
post #102 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Iran Shows Video of Captured Britons

TEHRAN, Iran Mar 28, 2007 (AP) Iranian state television showed video footage Wednesday of a the servicewoman and a group of seized British sailors and marines. The video showed the sailors and marines eating. The woman, 26-year-old Faye Turney, was shown wearing a white tunic with a black headscarf draped loosely over her hair.

"Obviously we trespassed," Turney said on the footage broadcast by Al-Alam, an Arabic-language, Iranian state-run television station that is carried across the Middle East by satellite. She was also shown in uniform eating with sailors and marines and at one point was shown smoking a cigarette with eyes downcast.

Holy christ. I mean, I really am fighting the urge to call you stupid here.
post #103 of 367
Quote:

True. My bad!

Well, this will all blow over soon and you can luxuriate in the 'liars' getting their just desserts..

Seems odd to me that all the things that are called 'tin hat' have mostly come to pass.....

* Many on the left said the US would invade Iraq. They were called loons. Until it happened then they were ignored.

* They claimed the US/UK was lying about WMD. They were called loons. Until it was proved then they were ignored.

* For months many of us have been saying that Iran is next to the slaughter. We are called loons. It will happen inevitably on whatever pretext - whether this now or some other BS in a month or two - and the fact it was called before will be ignored.

Makes you wonder who the real loons are.
post #104 of 367
Quote:

Translation:

Anything 'we' say must be true with no discussion or question.

Anything 'they' say must be false with no discussion or question.
post #105 of 367
Quote:

In what way, my moronic friend.
post #106 of 367
Quote:

In what way, my moronic friend.

OK, I'll bite. Has it occured to you that...GASP!....she might be forced to say things in the name of propoganda?
post #107 of 367
Quote:

OK, I'll bite. Has it occured to you that...GASP!....she might be forced to say things in the name of propoganda?

Has it occurred to you she might not? Don't answer - we're way ahead of you.

Speaking of propaganda it was jolly lucky the BBC had made a film interview with her the day before the capture wasn't it?

And double lucky she talked about her kid and how bad things would be if she were -gasp - captured by evildoers.....
post #108 of 367
Quote:

Well, this will all blow over soon and you can luxuriate in the 'liars' getting their just desserts..

Seems odd to me that all the things that are called 'tin hat' have mostly come to pass.....

* Many on the left said the US would invade Iraq. They were called loons. Until it happened then they were ignored.

* They claimed the US/UK was lying about WMD. They were called loons. Until it was proved then they were ignored.

* For months many of us have been saying that Iran is next to the slaughter. We are called loons. It will happen inevitably on whatever pretext - whether this now or some other BS in a month or two - and the fact it was called before will be ignored.

Makes you wonder who the real loons are.

1. "The US would invade Iraq" I don't recall anyone claiming this was lunacy. Once we had 200,000 troops, most people felt it would happen. It was just a question of whether one agreed it was the thing to do or not.

2. It has not been proved at all, to any degree. That claim in itself is a lie. You can't make it true by just repeating it because you're dogmatically convinced of the same.

3. Right, it's all BS. Everything..it's one big fucking conspiracy. Iran can do anything...they can threaten Israel, and you'll say President Tom was misinterpeted. They can defy UN sanctions openly, and you scream about the US not having approval to go into Iraq. They can capture British soldiers in Iraqi waters, and you claim it is a big lie to start a war. As I've said, they could drop a bomb on Tel Aviv and you'd make an excuse for that too. It was the Americans! Or Tony Blair! It's a false flag op!

You're an intelligent man, but your unmitigated and polarized hatred of Bush and Blair has made you an absolute joke on this topic.
post #109 of 367
Quote:

1. "The US would invade Iraq" I don't recall anyone claiming this was lunacy. Once we had 200,000 troops, most people felt it would happen. It was just a question of whether one agreed it was the thing to do or not.

I do. After 911 when people claimed that Afghanistan was stage one and Bush would go and finish what daddy couldn't do.

And Lo, so it turned out to be.

Quote:
2. It has not been proved at all, to any degree. That claim in itself is a lie. You can't make it true by just repeating it because you're dogmatically convinced of the same.

To you - it can never be proved.

To thinking people - even some on the right - it is accepted.

Quote:
3. Right, it's all BS. Everything..it's one big fucking conspiracy. Iran can do anything...they can threaten Israel, and you'll say President Tom was misinterpeted. They can defy UN sanctions openly, and you scream about the US not having approval to go into Iraq. They can capture British soldiers in Iraqi waters, and you claim it is a big lie to start a war. As I've said, they could drop a bomb on Tel Aviv and you'd make an excuse for that too. It was the Americans! Or Tony Blair! It's a false flag op!

Except they haven't threatened Israel...lat time I checked it was Israel slaughtering Palestinians. Perhaps you mean that Iran had the audacity to object to that?

Re the quotes: I can't do more than translate for you.....you can claim what you like, you don't need language skills or any form of insight. You're free to do it...you should perhaps realize that it doesn't make you correct though.

One other thing...it may be better to leave the predictions to Pat Robertson or Mystic Meg, you aren't to clued in on current events so predicting what I would do in situation X is probably a bridge too far.

Quote:
You're an intelligent man, but your unmitigated and polarized hatred of Bush and Blair has made you an absolute joke on this topic.

Well, if I'd been around in WW2 I would have had the same hate for Hitler...I guess the sheep would have said exactly the same then too.
post #110 of 367
the sheep continue to lap.....carry on
post #111 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside grabowski View Post

the sheep continue to lap.....carry on

Bleat...you bleat not lap......
post #112 of 367
I'm amazed that the US, Israel, and the West can all be SO wrong ALL of the time. Do we do ANYTHING right, sego? The behaviour of Iran and Hamas is OUR fault, and has nothing to do with them? Can you at least pretend some semblance of shared accountability?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #113 of 367
The Hitler analogies are weak. Hitler would not be playing cop with insurgents. Hitler would have purified the region in the first month of the conflict.
post #114 of 367
Quote:

Bleat...you bleat not lap......

The sheep lap. The left bleat.
post #115 of 367
Quote:

Answer me these questions...
  1. Who has more troops stationed outside their borders?
  2. Who has the larger WMD stockpile?
  3. Who has actually used nukes in war?
  4. Who actually has nukes?
  5. Who is currently involved in major offensive military action in the middle east, and is making dangerous rhetoric regarding attacking the other party?
  6. Who has been involved in more military conflict against other nations?
  7. Who has sponsored more terror and revolution, and violated other countries sovereignty more than the other?
  8. Who else has bases and warships just over the border from the other party?

Now theres nothing wrong with being more dangerous, in fact, from a military perspective, its ideal to be more dangerous, but seriously, comparing the two countries side by side, on what fucking "Neverland" could it possibly be argued that Iran is more dangerous than the US?
post #116 of 367
Quote:

I do. After 911 when people claimed that Afghanistan was stage one and Bush would go and finish what daddy couldn't do.

And Lo, so it turned out to be.

To you - it can never be proved.

To thinking people - even some on the right - it is accepted.

Except they haven't threatened Israel...lat time I checked it was Israel slaughtering Palestinians. Perhaps you mean that Iran had the audacity to object to that?

Re the quotes: I can't do more than translate for you.....you can claim what you like, you don't need language skills or any form of insight. You're free to do it...you should perhaps realize that it doesn't make you correct though.

One other thing...it may be better to leave the predictions to Pat Robertson or Mystic Meg, you aren't to clued in on current events so predicting what I would do in situation X is probably a bridge too far.

Well, if I'd been around in WW2 I would have had the same hate for Hitler...I guess the sheep would have said exactly the same then too.

1. Whatever. It still wasn't considered anything crazy.

2. It could be proved to me quite easily. Show me a document that includes evidence of lying. Show me something that shows the Bush White House manipulated intelligence....show me that Bush knew about this when he made the decision to go to war. Show me how the administration delibrately duped Congress. Also, show me how Iraq verifiably disarmed as they were required to do...between the time Bill Clinton said they had WMDs and the time we invaded.

Quote:

This goes to the root of you being an Iranian Apologist. Nothing your boy says is construed as a threat. Nothing is anti-semetic. I suppose there is no point to arguing with someone like you about it.

Quote:

Ah..the sly comparison of Bush and Blair to Hitler to provoke a response on my part. I'll just let your utterly insane comparision twist in the wind for all to see.
post #117 of 367
Quote:

Answer me these questions...
  1. Who has more troops stationed outside their borders?
  2. Who has the larger WMD stockpile?
  3. Who has actually used nukes in war?
  4. Who actually has nukes?
  5. Who is currently involved in major offensive military action in the middle east, and is making dangerous rhetoric regarding attacking the other party?
  6. Who has been involved in more military conflict against other nations?
  7. Who has sponsored more terror and revolution, and violated other countries sovereignty more than the other?
  8. Who else has bases and warships just over the border from the other party?

Now theres nothing wrong with being more dangerous, in fact, from a military perspective, its ideal to be more dangerous, but seriously, comparing the two countries side by side, on what fucking "Neverland" could it possibly be argued that Iran is more dangerous than the US?

Wow.
post #118 of 367
Quote:

Wow.

Smilies are a failure of communication. I win. Thread over.
post #119 of 367
and whom does every sorry a$$ country in the World call on for help when threatened by man or nature?
post #120 of 367
Quote:

Smilies are a failure of communication. I win. Thread over.

OK, then let me elaborate. Your questions are bullshit. They're a value-pack of strawmen and red herrings intended to bait me into an argument about which country-the US or Iran-has a "better" goverment. Anyone who would seriously make and defend the assertion that Iran wins that contest is not worth my time.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran Captures and Holds British Sailors