or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Republican Party vs. George Bush
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Republican Party vs. George Bush

post #1 of 120
Thread Starter 
http://www.smirkingchimp.com/node/6304

Here is another blog article from my favorite web site. I think you staunch Bush suppoters better wise up and quickly, or your party is going to come tumbling down.
It is time for Bush to start listening to the people, because no matter what Bush says, this is still a Government of the people, by the people and for the people.
He cannot be a dictator. No matter how badly he wants to be.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
post #2 of 120
Here's a little something else.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17786158/

Sounds like it really starting to hit the fan.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #3 of 120
The American people have a very short memory - already people are talking about a permanent Democratic majority (just like the "permanent Republican majority" a few years back), but in reality it will swing back again in a couple of election cycles regardless of what Bush does.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #4 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Here's a little something else.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17786158/

Sounds like it really starting to hit the fan.

Interesting. His own party will have to turn against him, or it will be the end of the GOP as we know it. Which would probably not be a bad thing.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
post #5 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

The American people have a very short memory - already people are talking about a permanent Democratic majority (just like the "permanent Republican majority" a few years back), but in reality it will swing back again in a couple of election cycles regardless of what Bush does.


No one I know of is saying anything like this. It would be stupid!

However they have cooked their own goose for quite awhile.

And they really need to get that before they can even begin to think about returning to power.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #6 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Here's a little something else.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17786158/

Sounds like it really starting to hit the fan.

Now now Jimmac, remember the study that Brussell posted. Republicans on Sunday morning talk shows are signs of conservative news bias. Obviously those nice folks asked Senator Hagel on because he had so many nice things to say about Bush and they wanted to influence the electorate by giving him free air time.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #7 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

No one I know of is saying anything like this. It would be stupid!

However they have cooked their own goose for quite awhile.

And they really need to get that before they can even begin to think about returning to power.

I was referring to this, from the smoking chip link at the start of the thread:

"The trend against the Republican Party is not some sort of theoretical statistical anomaly. It's real. And it's here to stay."
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #8 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

I was referring to this, from the smoking chip link at the start of the thread:

"The trend against the Republican Party is not some sort of theoretical statistical anomaly. It's real. And it's here to stay."

That's The Smirking Chimp.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
post #9 of 120
Perpetual majorities would kill democracy.

The fact that KR really believed that his master plan would result in such a majority is a sign of how little this particular brand of conservatism respects the founding principles of this nation from letter one.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #10 of 120
Pollkatz' historical presidential approval graph:



Some more recent and Bush II exclusive graphs:

http://www.pollkatz.homestead.com/fi...4_image001.gif

Long term.
post #11 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

I was referring to this, from the smoking chip link at the start of the thread:

"The trend against the Republican Party is not some sort of theoretical statistical anomaly. It's real. And it's here to stay."


Well here to stay for awhile.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #12 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Now now Jimmac, remember the study that Brussell posted. Republicans on Sunday morning talk shows are signs of conservative news bias. Obviously those nice folks asked Senator Hagel on because he had so many nice things to say about Bush and they wanted to influence the electorate by giving him free air time.

Nick

Gee! Is that all there is to it?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #13 of 120
There already is a Dem majority. Just a few days ago I read a Pew poll in which only 35% of those surveyed identified with Reps. Whereas 50% identified with Dems. A 15% difference is significant.

Of course everything in life is a cycle so the real question is how long will this cycle last if the Dems play their cards right. I'll see if I can find a link.
post #14 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Pollkatz' historical presidential approval graph:


Some more recent and Bush II exclusive graphs:

Wow. Carter-like numbers. Do we get a Malaise speech as well?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #15 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post

Here is another blog article from my favorite web site. I think you staunch Bush suppoters better wise up and quickly, or your party is going to come tumbling down.
It is time for Bush to start listening to the people, because no matter what Bush says, this is still a Government of the people, by the people and for the people.
He cannot be a dictator. No matter how badly he wants to be.

This is quite possibly the most useless post ever made in this forum.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #16 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo
Here is another blog article from my favorite web site.

While we are talking about favorite sites...

Here's my favorite shopping site: www.ebay.com
Here's my favorite news site: drudgereport.com
Here's my favorite cooking site: www.cooking.com
Here's my favorite car site: www.gm.com
Here's my favorite site about the French Revolution: http://chnm.gmu.edu/revolution/
Here's my favorite Democratic Party site: http://www.cpusa.org/

Glad you've found something to read that makes your heart warm.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #17 of 120
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #18 of 120
Middy, that one was uncalled for.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #19 of 120
Why? Republicans are objectively Nazis, and you know it.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #20 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Middy, that one was uncalled for.

Yeah. You're right. I totally get news about Democrats from the Communist Party's website.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #21 of 120
I was comparing economic policy, not racial. Mods dont seem to like race-baiting.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #22 of 120
Well, that makes much more sense, on account of how, oh, I don't know, progressive tax schemes are much like the nationalization of all industry, and campus speech codes are pretty much indistinguishable from Stalin's gulag.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #23 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Well, that makes much more sense, on account of how, oh, I don't know, progressive tax schemes are much like the nationalization of all industry, and campus speech codes are pretty much indistinguishable from Stalin's gulag.

Hell, Adda...TAXES, PERIOD are an indication of Communism!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #24 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

This is quite possibly the most useless post ever made in this forum.

You guys are useless.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
post #25 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I was comparing economic policy, not racial. Mods dont seem to like race-baiting.

You're the one who made the dumbassed suggestion that the Democrats are Communists. You don't get to bitch about someone suggesting that there's no difference between a mainstream party and an extremist one now.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #26 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Hell, Adda...TAXES, PERIOD are an indication of Communism!

Leftists are doing much better in the US than they give themselves credit for:


10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto

1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country.

10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.

So to answer your post, YES, progressive income taxes at their current rates are just part of a Communist dream.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #27 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Hell, Adda...TAXES, PERIOD are an indication of Communism!

Hush comrade, the bourgeois pigs are listening.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #28 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

You're the one who made the dumbassed suggestion that the Democrats are Communists. You don't get to bitch about someone suggesting that there's no difference between a mainstream party and an extremist one now.

I'm just making an observation. It's hard to tell, as a middle-of-the-road American, what the difference is between Communists, the Black Bocks, Pelosi and Crew, MoveOn.org, and plain old Democrats. I have only the "leaders" to look to for guidance, and LOOK at who is leading the donkeys these days. Just like it's hard to discern the difference between Heritage Foundation, NRA, Rush, Bush, and the lot. Lumping the right (as is always done around here) seems to suck when it goes into your court, eh?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #29 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Leftists are doing much better in the US than they give themselves credit for:


10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto

1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country.

10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.

So to answer your post, YES, progressive income taxes at their current rates are just part of a Communist dream.

As is "free education for all children in public schools" and "abolition of children's factory labor".

Being against child labor: gateway principle to communism.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #30 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

As is "free education for all children in public schools" and "abolition of children's factory labor".

Being against child labor: gateway principle to communism.

CHARTIST!!!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #31 of 120
Strawman.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #32 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Yeah. You're right. I totally get news about Democrats from the Communist Party's website.

I had not noticed the comparison between the Dems and the CPUSA. My bad.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #33 of 120
My bad too. Oops.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #34 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Here's my favorite car site: www.gm.com

Puke.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #35 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Leftists are doing much better in the US than they give themselves credit for:


10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto

Methinks Jubelum fails to understand the concept of a Venn diagram.
post #36 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Puke.

"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #37 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Puke.

Yeah. I was pretty offended by that, too.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #38 of 120
OK. Damn.

My favorite car site: Here

"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #39 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I'm just making an observation. It's hard to tell, as a middle-of-the-road American, what the difference is between Communists, the Black Bocks, Pelosi and Crew, MoveOn.org, and plain old Democrats. I have only the "leaders" to look to for guidance, and LOOK at who is leading the donkeys these days. Just like it's hard to discern the difference between Heritage Foundation, NRA, Rush, Bush, and the lot. Lumping the right (as is always done around here) seems to suck when it goes into your court, eh?

Examples, please, of this lumping of the Right, Republicans, Conservatives, mainstream organizations, AND AN EXTREME FRINGE OF THAT SIDE OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM. Extra points if it's something tossed off in casual conversation "Surely you know, Doris, conservatives actually take their marching orders from the KKK."

Something like that would be nice.

And yeah, I'm sure it's so hard to tell the difference between Democrats and Commies that you yourself only identified ONE POINT EVEN REMOTELY IN COMMON.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #40 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Examples, please, of this lumping of the Right, Republicans, Conservatives, mainstream organizations, AND AN EXTREME FRINGE OF THAT SIDE OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM. Extra points if it's something tossed off in casual conversation "Surely you know, Doris, conservatives actually take their marching orders from the KKK."

Something like that would be nice.

And yeah, I'm sure it's so hard to tell the difference between Democrats and Commies that you yourself only identified ONE POINT EVEN REMOTELY IN COMMON.

Do I need to go one by one down that list and name the massive bureaucracies and specific acts and show that almost the entire list, or at least its beginnings, are in place currently?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Republican Party vs. George Bush