Originally Posted by midwinter
Hell, Adda...TAXES, PERIOD are an indication of Communism!
Leftists are doing much better in the US than they give themselves credit for:10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto
1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.So to answer your post, YES, progressive income taxes at their current rates are just part of a Communist dream.