or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › .VOB to .AVI

.VOB to .AVI

post #1 of 6
I've ripped a non-protected dvd to my computer, containing .VOB Files, I'm trying to Convert the VOB Files to .AVI (MPEG4 or Divx). There are 5 .VOB Files, On some of them, there is unwanted material. Is there a program out there i can edit out some things, and than convert?

thanks
post #2 of 6
Actually, there are many softwares of this kind in Windows, but few in Mac.
U may want to check the MP4Converter DVD Ripper(not free and not going to give a link),It can rip DVD to .avi(MPEG4 or Divx) etc, and u can skip unwanted material just by uncheck them(titles).
hope this can help u
post #3 of 6
I love D-Vision
post #4 of 6
MPEG Streamclip for editing VOBs and isquint or Visual Hub for compressing. You can compress using MPEH Streamclip too. Note, you have to buy Apple's MPEG-2 component for VOB support in Streamclip. Apple really needs to give this functionality with Quicktime or at least Quicktime Pro.
post #5 of 6
I also have got a DVD burned by myself and want to convert it to AVI or mpeg4. I have found a few tools that did the job badly, some good ones which are command line. Is there a silly simple tool.

I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasgb123 View Post

I also have got a DVD burned by myself and want to convert it to AVI or mpeg4. I have found a few tools that did the job badly, some good ones which are command line. Is there a silly simple tool.

Handbrake does a good job:

http://handbrake.fr/
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › .VOB to .AVI