or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › What's inside an Apple TV: Tear-down reveals (almost) all
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's inside an Apple TV: Tear-down reveals (almost) all - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

Considering your inability to actually respond to my comments, I think you should be asking yourself that question.

Did you "quote" me by accident, then? Because your comments had nothing to do with what I said.

I said, the Apple TV will be awesome once iTunes TV shows are more affordable and has higher quality. You responded with a tirade about how iTunes is too expensive. You seem very confused.
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

Have you actually used Tivo? It could be easier to use but that would probably involve having someone else do it for you.

Um, have you? Because I found that my TiVO was kinda useless for playing back shows I didn't actually record...

aTV fills a different niche and frankly the DVR is likely to be replaced by VOD eventually. Which happens to look more like aTV than DVR...the cost models are different: pay as you go ownership vs subscription but the mechanisms and style of access are similar.

Vinea
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

800,000 in 2007. Hmmm, so every 8,000 hackers who buy one to defile
add another percent to sales.

Well, not every one. The next percent increase would require 8,080...
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

Did you "quote" me by accident, then? Because your comments had nothing to do with what I said.

I said, the Apple TV will be awesome once iTunes TV shows are more affordable and has higher quality. You responded with a tirade about how iTunes is too expensive. You seem very confused.

Um, apparently you can read and write in English, but your ability to actually comprehend what is written by others and by yourself is lacking.

From your own quote there: "Apple TV will be awesome once iTunes TV shows are more affordable." How is my "tirade about how iTunes is too expensive" not directly related to your point about affordability?

You might also want to notice my previous uses of the words "everyone" and "anyone" meaning that I in fact expanded my comments beyond responding only to you.
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Um, have you? Because I found that my TiVO was kinda useless for playing back shows I didn't actually record...

aTV fills a different niche and frankly the DVR is likely to be replaced by VOD eventually. Which happens to look more like aTV than DVR...the cost models are different: pay as you go ownership vs subscription but the mechanisms and style of access are similar.

Vinea

And AppleTV is pretty useless if you want to watch content that isn't on iTunes. What's your point? Amazon Unbox is now available for Tivo users so there is an option if you didn't record it. It suffers the same flaw that iTunes has that if it's not available there, you can't get it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › What's inside an Apple TV: Tear-down reveals (almost) all