or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Your favourite country?

Your favourite country? - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Actually, I think you're confusing it with Japan. I've never ever heard that it's a problem here. About 1 or 2 cases make the news per year, and there is a significant public awareness campaign.

My dad did have his wallet lifted in 1998 though.

How is Hong Kong these days, I haven't been there since 1994. How is it going since the transfer? I don't imagine the Chinese would be dumb enough to mess with it too much and chance wrecking the economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Too bad anybody going there now doesn't get the landing from hell (the old airport demanded hair-raising paths right over buildings)

Never flew in (I went there several times in the Navy) but remember watching the planes coming in, looked like a wild ride! And IIRC, if they overshot the runway, they'd end up smack into some buildings?

As for where I want to live, I'm happy with living in Denial!

Seriously, Canada is nice, but obviously would be a summer place. Thailand is beautiful for the beach life. Overall I would probably say Hawaii, still part of the US but beautiful year round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Tijuana, Mexico.

The donkeys are great. The girls are great. The shows are great.

You get the picture.

Ah, T.J. I have some nice fuzzy memories of that town! Just don't drink the water!
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

So if you have a cheap place to stay and can manage on foot/bicycle/the Tube, London's not really that bad...

Not that bad at all all though youre definitely right about the expense. Unless you want to live in fairly crap Greater London suburb, like I do.
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

How is Hong Kong these days, I haven't been there since 1994. How is it going since the transfer? I don't imagine the Chinese would be dumb enough to mess with it too much and chance wrecking the economy.

Well, the HK government is still kissing up to the Chinese government (surprise, surprise!), the people still do not have a vote (as was the case during British rule), but generally, things are the same as they were 10 years ago. I can't really say anything's gotten worse, though nothing's really gotten better, either.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_apple View Post

I think i like to live in Australia, because i like animals, i want to see kangaroo.

There ya go...

Don't know if you've ever eaten Kangaroo but its good tucker...

Aquafire..Yummmmmm.
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
post #45 of 46
I had a kangaroo pie once. For the americans who aren't familiar with the concept of meat pies, no, kangaroo pie is not of the same classification as cow pie.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

Seriously, Canada is nice, but obviously would be a summer place.

Lots of people love Canada for the winters too. Whistler Mountain, the Ottawa Valley... some really nice places.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Your favourite country?