or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple stokes iPhone anticipation with e-mail teaser

Apple stokes iPhone anticipation with e-mail teaser

post #1 of 51
Apple Inc.'s eagerly sought iPhone device remains on track to launch this June, according to an email sent out by the company to mobile customers who signed up to received more information on the device.

"Talk to you soon," says the e-mail teaser, which was accompanied by a "hero shot" of the iPhone device itself on a black background.

"You'll be the first to hear the latest about iPhone— coming this June," Apple wrote. "That gives you just enough time to think of ways to break the news to your current phone."

The mail arrives just as Apple's component manufacturers are due to begin delivery of materials for the phone's initial manufacturing ramp over in Taiwan. Reports last month indicated that part makers, including the phone's printed circuit board manufacturer, were to begin delivery in "early April."

Last week, AT&T Wireless announced that it had received over a million inquiries for additional information from customers who had signed up to receive more information on iPhone through its own website.

Apple has yet to commit to a precise launch date, though the most recent anecdotal evidence has circled around June 11th.

post #2 of 51
I was about to post this story. I received a email today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple Inc.'s eagerly sought iPhone device remains on track to launch this June, according to an email sent out by the company to mobile customers who signed up to received more information on the device.

"Talk to you soon," says the e-mail teaser, which was accompanied by a "hero shot" of the iPhone device itself on a black background.

"You'll be the first to hear the latest about iPhone coming this June," Apple wrote. "That gives you just enough time to think of ways to break the news to your current phone."

The mail arrives just as Apple's component manufacturers are due to begin delivery of materials for the phone's initial manufacturing ramp over in Taiwan. Reports last month indicated that part makers, including the phone's printed circuit board manufacturer, were to begin delivery in "early April."

Last week, AT&T Wireless announced that it had received over a million inquiries for additional information from customers who had signed up to receive more information on iPhone through its own website.

Apple has yet to commit to a precise launch date, though the most recent anecdotal evidence has circled around June 11th.

post #3 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

I was about to post this story. I received a email today!

Me too... I wish there were more specific details though... \
post #4 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungming2 View Post

I wish there were more specific details though... \

I expect there will be a steady string of little teasers like this every two weeks or so, just to keep the buzz going. I don't expect a whole lot more actual info for a bit...
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
post #5 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"That gives you just enough time to think of ways to break the news to your current phone."

That's lame.
post #6 of 51
i think this whole teaser thing is kinda lame
i signed up to receive info
not to get spammy ads \
Slow Motion, Quick Thinking
Slow Motion, Quick Thinking
post #7 of 51
Got one too...

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #8 of 51
All I know is that I can't wait for the iPhone to be released. I am very, very excited for it. Unfortunately, I won't be getting one immediately, but definitely a 2nd Gen version, maybe 3rd if something goes horribly wrong.
post #9 of 51
What's with March 12th? Anything special?
Good for <del>wiki</del>OpenLeaks
<del>wiki</del>OpenLeaks for Good
Good for <del>wiki</del>OpenLeaks
<del>wiki</del>OpenLeaks for Good
post #10 of 51
If all Apple is going to give out is photos with quirky one liners then I think I am going to go to sleep on this until it is released. I mean seriously, its news that an email was sent ou by a company regarding a new product? If this was a HP PDA phone no one would be commenting on the email. Because it is Apple its ohh an email about nothing... ps. I am in a bad mood today. Maybe if I was in a good one I would have liked this Apple email.
post #11 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPICH View Post

If all Apple is going to give out is photos with quirky one liners then I think I am going to go to sleep on this until it is released. I mean seriously, its news that an email was sent ou by a company regarding a new product? If this was a HP PDA phone no one would be commenting on the email. Because it is Apple its ohh an email about nothing... ps. I am in a bad mood today. Maybe if I was in a good one I would have liked this Apple email.

Come on man, find your inner fanboy and let it out!
post #12 of 51
I hate Apple - joking!
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #13 of 51
if you all complain about "every little thing" making news on apple rumor sites, maybe the sites will listen to you... and this site will be updated once a MONTH. that's not what i want... do you?

enjoy every little post, weather it's a survey of the obvious, or an announcement that apple is going to be making dual core2 machines soon ;P
post #14 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I hate Apple - joking!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #15 of 51
I put myself on the iPhone mailing list the day the phone was announced, but did I get an email? Of course not. Where's my email, Apple?
post #16 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by desarc View Post

if you all complain about "every little thing" making news on apple rumor sites, maybe the sites will listen to you... and this site will be updated once a MONTH. that's not what i want... do you?

enjoy every little post, weather it's a survey of the obvious, or an announcement that apple is going to be making dual core2 machines soon ;P

You are right. I was foolish to be so hard on Appleinsider. Normally I live for useless bits of information because my life is so empty without Apple. Long live god Jobs. Little g god because he is not quite omni presnet (with under 10% of the market share). That title goes probably more to god Gates... still little g becuase not everyone worships him and most think of him like they would Hades (Greek god of the underworld)
post #17 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

That's lame.

Or cute.

Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
post #18 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I just signed up right now, cause I wanted that email too. They must have not known
post #19 of 51
Quote:

That's lame.

Actually I think your carpet 'aint bad. Your curtains however.. now they need an upgrade.
post #20 of 51
Somehow I missed that there was anything to sign up for. \
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #21 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Somehow I missed that there was anything to sign up for. \

Here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/signup/
post #22 of 51
Quote:

Actually I think your carpet 'aint bad. Your curtains however.. now they need an upgrade.

not hardwood floors ?
post #23 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMQT View Post

i think this whole teaser thing is kinda lame
i signed up to receive info
not to get spammy ads \

You signed up for a email mailing list. How is that spam?
post #24 of 51
This is simply the equivalent of a corporate 7th-inning-stretch: A we-haven't-forgotten-you email letting those who signed up know that things are on track.

Benign.
post #25 of 51
they said that I would be the first to hear! Apple needs to quit their lying. First about the iPod's battery life, now about who'll be the first to find out about the iPhone. I bet that we'll all find out at the same time. Those dirty little bastards!!!

(this entire post was sarcasm, in case anybody didn't get that)
post #26 of 51
i was expecting a bigger price drop for PSP
post #27 of 51
Quote:

I hate Apple - joking!

A Freudian slip?
post #28 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPICH View Post

You are right. I was foolish to be so hard on Appleinsider. Normally I live for useless bits of information because my life is so empty without Apple. Long live god Jobs. Little g god because he is not quite omni presnet (with under 10% of the market share). That title goes probably more to god Gates... still little g becuase not everyone worships him and most think of him like they would Hades (Greek god of the underworld)

Oh brother.
post #29 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

A Freudian slip?

a type of one
post #30 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimondsmalamud View Post

they said that I would be the first to hear! Apple needs to quit their lying. First about the iPod's battery life, now about who'll be the first to find out about the iPhone. I bet that we'll all find out at the same time. Those dirty little bastards!!!

(this entire post was sarcasm, in case anybody didn't get that)

Da doity bums.
post #31 of 51
Visit Best Apple iPhone Blog: dedicated to a new Apple mobile phone - iPhone: news, photos, videos, price, release date and more...
http://iphone-forum.blogspot.com/
post #32 of 51
If the iPhone is going to be introduced at the WWDC doesn't this mean that they have to say something special to developers about it, as they do with everything that they present all these years at WWDCs?

Maybe programmability?
post #33 of 51
The iPhone will be successful like the Mac and iPod. The Apple TV will fail like the iPod HiFi.

You heard it here first folks.
post #34 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The iPhone will be successful like the Mac and iPod. The Apple TV will fail like the iPod HiFi.

You heard it here first folks.

Either you are joking or you didn't get the memo. AppleTV "failing" like HiFi would mean that it will become a major player in the media center extender market. Apple HiFi is something like a #2 or #4 player in the iPod speaker market, by total dollars and by units sold, respectively.
post #35 of 51
MacPro 8-core Xeon just posted

http://www.apple.com/
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

MacPro 8-core Xeon just posted

http://www.apple.com/

Damn. $4k and that's the core system upgraded to an 8-core, and no improvements on the video cards. First 3GHz 8-core is a nice coup for Apple though.
post #37 of 51
Quote:

Either you are joking or you didn't get the memo. AppleTV "failing" like HiFi would mean that it will become a major player in the media center extender market. Apple HiFi is something like a #2 or #4 player in the iPod speaker market, by total dollars and by units sold, respectively.

Apple intends the Apple TV to be more than just a "media center extender" though. You can make anything sound successful just by defining it's market small enough.
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_xxx View Post

If the iPhone is going to be introduced at the WWDC doesn't this mean that they have to say something special to developers about it, as they do with everything that they present all these years at WWDCs?

Maybe programmability?

It won't be introduced at the WWDC (or, if it is, like you said, it better be something in it for those guys/girls who spent the $$$ to attend, because, the last time I heard, WWDC was a developers conference, not a place for Apple to unveil their next great thing that's going to knock more developers out of business).

A special event would make the most sense, since they can get the press they want, and have all the parties there (why would Cingular want to show up at WWDC to launch their new phone?)
post #39 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Apple intends the Apple TV to be more than just a "media center extender" though. You can make anything sound successful just by defining it's market small enough.

You define what its market is in part based on what it is. It makes no sense to compare it with something that isn't the same.

I really don't know what Apple intends to do with it in the future, but all it is right now is just a media extender as far as I can tell. Even if you expand what is by combining it with the media center market, I think it will probably do pretty in that combined market too.
post #40 of 51
I must have too much time on my hands but did anyone else notice that the time and date on the hero shot are different than from Macworld... and that the date does not match like it did at Macworld?

Macworld Hero Shot - 9:41am Tuesday Jan 9th
April Teaser - 9:42am Monday March 12th

Did something get delayed from March 12th? Anyone remember the day the big banner went up and down in NYC? Is there something about 9:43 am we should be ready for?
20" Intel iMac - Airport eXtream N - 16gb Black iPhone - Apple TV
20" Intel iMac - Airport eXtream N - 16gb Black iPhone - Apple TV
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple stokes iPhone anticipation with e-mail teaser