or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Pelosi May Have Committed A Felony
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pelosi May Have Committed A Felony - Page 3

post #81 of 170
Thread Starter 
addabox:

Quote:
It comes in the context of the Kerry "hates the troops" fake scandal, the Harry Reid "transfered ownership of his house" fake scandal, the Pelosi "demanded a big airplane" fake scandal, the Hillary "southern accent" fake humiliation, and the Edwards "why doesn't he step down" fake concern for his family.

Well of course, we can dimiss all of those "fake scandals" because they involve Democrats! John Kerry said what he said. Hillary used a ridiculous accent. Pelosi wanted a bigger plane. It all happened. But how dare anyone point these things out. This is PoliticalOutsider! We must only criticize Bush in here!

Quote:
Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't get around to the "CNN reporter heckles McCain" fake scandal, and the "Pelosi wears head scarf in solidarity with terrorists" fake scandal. Guess there are only so many hours in a day.

The first one happened. The man should not be a reporter as he's a partisan hack. I haven't heard of the second one. I'm pretty sure you made it up.

Quote:
I comes in the context of your simultaneous blithe dismissal of things like the grim prospects in Iraq, the politicalization of the Justice Department and outing of a covert CIA agent for political payback. I don't see any threads about McCain's little surrealist theater stunt in the Baghdad market, which actually speaks to the status of a shooting war that get Americans killed, or the fact that several of the Republican presidential candidates think that the president ought to have the authority to arrest and incarcerate Americans without any review or oversight.

Yes, I know you think those things didn't happen or are par for the course.

I don't see how you come up with me blithely dismissing things. The fact is that you and I disagree about what to do in Iraq. That's really about all. I could easily accuse you of dimissing any prospect of victory in Iraq, using the same arrogant condecension you employ. I think I'll refrain though.

The Justice Department is political and has been for a long time. It's supposed to be political to an exent. If you think otherwise, you're either incredibly naive or increbily intellectually dishonest. I'm not sure which.

Now speaking of fake sandals, I notice you feel the CIA "scandal" was entirely legitimate. I consider that "travesty" a spectacular waste of time and resources, especially when it results in nothing abut a political prosecution where jury members publicly speak of their bias and lament the fact that they couldn't send "the right guy" to jail. Of course, that didn't stop them from seneing someone to jail. Hmm.

And really...God forbid McCain, whom I don't particularly care for to begin with, actually did a photo op or engaged in a political stunt in a TIME OF WAR! THE HORROR!

While we're at it, how DARE someone disagree with you about the President's powers! Anyone who would DARE think that we shouldn't give the non-uniformed Army who plays by no rules of civilized society access to our criminal court system. The unmitgated GALL of those REPUBLICANS!

Quote:
See, rebutting winger oppo research talking points one at a time is a loser's game. There will always be another one to make us forget the last one didn't amount to anything. They will always be breathlessly trumpeted as if they were the significant story of the age, across newspapers and TV channels even as the right bemoans the fact that the "liberal media" isn't taking the bull by the horns and "getting to the bottom" of it.

Right. I see. The goddamned media, they keep reporting all these fake Democratic scandals! Apparently the meida reports American successes in Iraq all the time. They never shout the number of American dead from the moutain tops. Apparently they aren't helpinghte Democratic party trump up a truly FAKE scandal in the firing of US Attorneys, or ignoring the fact that Democratic Congress has accomplished precisely ZERO in it's first 100 days. You know what? They've also covered Pelosi's spectacular failure to install a corrupt blowhard into the majority leader's positions...and that same leader and the pary leadership called for a "slow bleed" strategy to get the troops out of Iraq. Yeah, they trumpeted they everywhere. Fucking media.

Quote:
We are at the bottom. I no longer believe that you, or your cohorts, have much concern at all for the well being of the country. How can I? You are fixed on any tiny openings for attack that have no bearing whatsoever on anything of significance, while professing profound boredom concerning major, major issues of war and peace, the aggressive movement of the federal government into unregulated domestic spying, congressional oversight of the executive and the relentless, demonstrable, incontrovertible politicization of our government designed to serve, not you or your interests or even anything recognizably "conservative", but simply the consolidation of power.

You can't or won't see any of that and I don't expect to persuade you, but don't expect me to take another thread about another fake outrage seriously.

That's the topic.

First of all, my cohorts?. Who would that be, precisely? Anyoen who disagrees with you, as per ususal? Secondly, you really mean that...that you think I have no concern for the country? That's a pretty outrageous accusation. I guess I can't blame you though, I mean...the other side of the aisle has demonstrated such a love for America and all. They've also accomplished so much MORE than the Republicans did. It's a good thing they have a monopoly on morality and truly believe in Power to the People and Rule of Law, otherwise you'd like a partisan hack, calling someone else a partisan hack. I believe there's a word for that? It starts with an H, at least I think so.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #82 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Secondly, you really mean that...that you think I have no concern for the country? That's a pretty outrageous accusation.

"You are fixed on any tiny openings for attack that have no bearing whatsoever on anything of significance"

That's this thread in a nutshell.
post #83 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Well of course, we can dimiss all of those "fake scandals" because they involve Democrats! John Kerry said what he said. Hillary used a ridiculous accent. Pelosi wanted a bigger plane. It all happened. But how dare anyone point these things out. This is PoliticalOutsider! We must only criticize Bush in here!

Dear God. The oppression card?! Are you serious?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #84 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Great. I will commence equating you with the GOP. Get it, Frank? Jimmac is not the Democratic party.

I don't think they have a GOP in the Canada.

About Rice. I think Donald Trump summed it best when he said she does almost nothing. She goes on these trips...waves and smiles coming off the plane , smiles as she does the 45 degree seating pictures with the foreign dignitaries, waves and smiles as she's about to get on the plane...but nothing gets done.
post #85 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

The first one happened. The man should not be a reporter as he's a partisan hack. I haven't heard of the second one. I'm pretty sure you made it up.

Bullshit. Where's your proof? What's your proof? Drudge??? Maybe Drudge should post the video...or at least some kind of proof besides false accusations. All this is, is an attempt to destroy the credibility of the reporter who called McCain on his ridiculous bullshit Disneyland description of Iraq. McCain's comments are insulting to anyone with an IQ higher than 80.

By the way, the reporter is Australian, so when you post that he's a "partisan hack" that tells me you know nothing about this stuff other than what you read on Drudge or other winger sites.

The video of the news conference is online. I just watched it. Have you? There is NO "heckling" and the reporter in question didn't even get to ask a question. In fact it appears that when he raised his hand to ask a question the press conference, coincidentally, came to an end.

You are really lowering yourself on this thread man. We obviously have differing opinions, but your characterizations of the events you mentioned are simply ludicrous.
post #86 of 170


Oh and this too.

United States: Stop Handing Over Detainees to Torturers

"Denouncing torture in Syria, and then handing over prisoners to Syrian torturers sends the ultimate mixed message. The Bush Administration cannot effectively promote change in the Middle East and elsewhere unless the United States is seen as a credible and consistent champion of human rights."

Tom Malinowski
Washington Advocacy Director
Human Rights Watch
post #87 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

Bullshit. Where's your proof? What's your proof? Drudge??? Maybe Drudge should post the video...or at least some kind of proof besides false accusations. All this is, is an attempt to destroy the credibility of the reporter who called McCain on his ridiculous bullshit Disneyland description of Iraq. McCain's comments are insulting to anyone with an IQ higher than 80.

By the way, the reporter is Australian, so when you post that he's a "partisan hack" that tells me you know nothing about this stuff other than what you read on Drudge or other winger sites.

The video of the news conference is online. I just watched it. Have you? There is NO "heckling" and the reporter in question didn't even get to ask a question. In fact it appears that when he raised his hand to ask a question the press conference, coincidentally, came to an end.

You are really lowering yourself on this thread man. We obviously have differing opinions, but your characterizations of the events you mentioned are simply ludicrous.

Man. I missed that comment by SDW, who is demonstrably wrong in his contention that "it happened." You are absolutely correct. To make matters worse, Ware's reporting often parrots neocon positions about Iraq. In other words, he seems to be on SDW's side, but they're so desperate right now that they'll try anything...like leaking a false report to Drudge, which then gets picked up by various media outlets and bloggers (e.g. Instapundit, who even acknowledged that it didn't happen) only to be proven false by the video of the conference.

I swear to God, it's like these people don't realize that the internets exist.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #88 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

addabox:



Well of course, we can dimiss all of those "fake scandals" because they involve Democrats! John Kerry said what he said. Hillary used a ridiculous accent. Pelosi wanted a bigger plane. It all happened. But how dare anyone point these things out. This is PoliticalOutsider! We must only criticize Bush in here!

Right! It's important to maintain balance by matching irrational hatred for a quagmire that kills lots of people that never had to happen with a lot lot of Bwaahahaha-ing about Hillary taking a stab at dialect while quoting song! To be fair, we have to keep lying about Pelosi "wanting" a bigger plane, in order to offset talk of politicizing the Justice Department!

Is it a chromosome thing, or what? The inability to distinguish orders of magnitude, I mean.


Quote:
The first one happened. The man should not be a reporter as he's a partisan hack. I haven't heard of the second one. I'm pretty sure you made it up.

No, it didn't. There is video tape of the press conference that proves this conclusively. Even the fever swamps of right-wing blogdom have admitted as much. The funny thing is the "partisan hack" makes the case at every opportunity that withdrawal would be disastrous, a tragic error, and that anyone who advocates for same is deluded.

As for the other, just google pelosi headscarf.

Tip: I think you're supposed to change the tinfoil every once in a while, or it gets erratic.


Quote:
I don't see how you come up with me blithely dismissing things. The fact is that you and I disagree about what to do in Iraq. That's really about all. I could easily accuse you of dimissing any prospect of victory in Iraq, using the same arrogant condecension you employ. I think I'll refrain though.

Except you've been wrong about everything concerning Iraq, and apparently are unwilling to admit the evidence of your eyes even now. Just because two people disagree doesn't mean they have equal cases to make.

You were wrong, which makes you misinformed or unwilling to be informed. You still refuse to admit that you were wrong, which means you are misinformed and stubborn. You claim that we should all take you seriously when you insist that you are right now, despite ample evidence to the contrary, which makes you misinformed, stubborn, and possibly delusional.

Or, you might be so invested in not having to eat crow in front of "liberals" that you will never admit to anything, ever, even if it is on fire and doing jumping jacks on your face. Which makes you pointless.

Quote:
The Justice Department is political and has been for a long time. It's supposed to be political to an exent. If you think otherwise, you're either incredibly naive or increbily intellectually dishonest. I'm not sure which.

Yes, I'm aware that this is the talking point, so let me explain:

"Political", as applied to previous Justice Departments, meant "a vision of justice congruent with our ideology". Hence, you would expect Clinton admin to want people who were passionate about, and had some expertise in, things like civil rights, environmental enforcement, equal opportunity, etc. Conversely, you would expect Bush the first to put more emphasis on things like bread and butter law and order stuff, "getting tough on criminals", drug enforcement, etc.

With me so far? "Political", but only in the sense of emphasis as to what the pressing issues are.

This is not what the Bush admin is being accused of. They are accused of (and there is lots and lots of evidence that you will never acknowledge amounts to anything!) of "politicizing"
in the sense of "turning the Justice Department into part of the Republican machine", i.e. exactly the same politicalization that has been taking place throughout Bush's term.

Prosecutors replaced because they failed to pursue investigations against Democrats when it might have swung an election, even though the professionals in the local office had concluded that the "case" they were being pressured to mount had no merit whatsoever. Prosecutors replaced because they did pursue investigations against Republicans. Prosecutors replaced to make room for political operatives and "loyal Bushies" with scant experience and who knew exactly what they were there for: help out where ever possible with getting Republicans elected.

If you think that's business as usual, you have nothing but contempt for the whole idea of the rule of law. And if you're that cynical about how and to what end the justice system in America is deployed, in what sense are you a patriot, again?

Quote:
Now speaking of fake sandals, I notice you feel the CIA "scandal" was entirely legitimate. I consider that "travesty" a spectacular waste of time and resources, especially when it results in nothing abut a political prosecution where jury members publicly speak of their bias and lament the fact that they couldn't send "the right guy" to jail. Of course, that didn't stop them from seneing someone to jail. Hmm.

If you reread that you'll hopefully see it doesn't mean anything. It's just a string of talking points that does nothing to address the underlying outrage of outing a clandestine agent (which the grown ups no longer dispute) for political payback. Of course, I notice you work in that odd bit about the jurors, which apparently was sent out to the faithful as the big caveat they should stress.

Again: Bush administration officials out a clandestine CIA agent who was working on, ha ha, nuclear proliferation, and in so doing damaged ongoing field operations.

That's what the CIA says, but you got some little zinger about the jurors in the case that was brought to trial.

Oh wait, there was one other thing..... oh yeah: THAT'S WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING CIA SAYS.

Quote:
And really...God forbid McCain, whom I don't particularly care for to begin with, actually did a photo op or engaged in a political stunt in a TIME OF WAR! THE HORROR!

But it was an egregiously transparent stunt, and it plays into a critical debate about the future of our involvement in Iraq. It also, apparently, got a bunch of Iraqis killed.

But I understand. Stuff like that is so obviously beside the point, when you've got things like Hillary's accent to focus your attention on.

Quote:
While we're at it, how DARE someone disagree with you about the President's powers! Anyone who would DARE think that we shouldn't give the non-uniformed Army who plays by no rules of civilized society access to our criminal court system. The unmitgated GALL of those REPUBLICANS!

Yes, that's right, my point was that I am enraged when anyone disagrees with me. It couldn't have anything to do with observing that this president has made unprecedented use of signing statements to ignore laws he doesn't fancy, has asserted his right to detain American citizens without charge and incarcerate them forever without access to legal representation, and invariably installs political cronies at every opportunity, without any regard for qualifications beyond "loyalty"-- not to America, but to the Republican machine.


Quote:
Right. I see. The goddamned media, they keep reporting all these fake Democratic scandals! Apparently the meida reports American successes in Iraq all the time. They never shout the number of American dead from the moutain tops. Apparently they aren't helpinghte Democratic party trump up a truly FAKE scandal in the firing of US Attorneys, or ignoring the fact that Democratic Congress has accomplished precisely ZERO in it's first 100 days. You know what? They've also covered Pelosi's spectacular failure to install a corrupt blowhard into the majority leader's positions...and that same leader and the pary leadership called for a "slow bleed" strategy to get the troops out of Iraq. Yeah, they trumpeted they everywhere. Fucking media.

This is apparently a compendium of things preying on your mind. I won't presume to go there.



Quote:
First of all, my cohorts?. Who would that be, precisely? Anyoen who disagrees with you, as per ususal? Secondly, you really mean that...that you think I have no concern for the country? That's a pretty outrageous accusation. I guess I can't blame you though, I mean...the other side of the aisle has demonstrated such a love for America and all. They've also accomplished so much MORE than the Republicans did. It's a good thing they have a monopoly on morality and truly believe in Power to the People and Rule of Law, otherwise you'd like a partisan hack, calling someone else a partisan hack. I believe there's a word for that? It starts with an H, at least I think so.

Again, not really up to parsing this, but if one of the points is that I am claiming that Republicans are evil and always wrong and that Democrats never err, really, just fuck off.

Every one of the things I post about on this site regard specific instances of what I consider to be truly destructive policies and behavior. Since the Dems haven't had any power at all for most of the time I've been active posting here, they really haven't had much of a chance to implement anything too dreadful. If they do I'll get pissed. So far, I'm good with plenty of investigation of an administration that appeared to think they would never face any scrutiny at all, and starting the process to get us out of Iraq.

You, on the other hand, seem to take a fair amount of pleasure in chasing after every silly "Edwards hair" bit of inane gutter politics that comes along.

I think the real problem, as I have said, is that you truly seem to lack a basic instinct for "proportionality" actually looks like, by birth or design I have no idea.

You actually seem to believe that a made up story (and yes, it's a made up story! Fucking do a little research, for god's sake!) about a trivial matter of how big a plane would be needed to fly the Speaker of the House of the United States of America to the west coast is a powerful indicator of "liberal" malfeasance on par with packing the Justice Department with "loyal Bushies", which you can't see the problem with anyway. Apparently the idea is just to offer up "scandals", tit for tat, without any regard at all for what is actually of significance in the actual world.

You want to have an argument about "which one is true", when the actual point is the difference between the inane and the important.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #89 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

I don't think they have a GOP in the Canada.

About Rice. I think Donald Trump summed it best when he said she does almost nothing. She goes on these trips...waves and smiles coming off the plane , smiles as she does the 45 degree seating pictures with the foreign dignitaries, waves and smiles as she's about to get on the plane...but nothing gets done.

As opposed to other SoS?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #90 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

Bullshit. Where's your proof? What's your proof? Drudge??? Maybe Drudge should post the video...or at least some kind of proof besides false accusations. All this is, is an attempt to destroy the credibility of the reporter who called McCain on his ridiculous bullshit Disneyland description of Iraq. McCain's comments are insulting to anyone with an IQ higher than 80.

By the way, the reporter is Australian, so when you post that he's a "partisan hack" that tells me you know nothing about this stuff other than what you read on Drudge or other winger sites.

The video of the news conference is online. I just watched it. Have you? There is NO "heckling" and the reporter in question didn't even get to ask a question. In fact it appears that when he raised his hand to ask a question the press conference, coincidentally, came to an end.

You are really lowering yourself on this thread man. We obviously have differing opinions, but your characterizations of the events you mentioned are simply ludicrous.

I read the transcript. So you're position in it never happened...it was invented out of thin air?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #91 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Man. I missed that comment by SDW, who is demonstrably wrong in his contention that "it happened." You are absolutely correct. To make matters worse, Ware's reporting often parrots neocon positions about Iraq. In other words, he seems to be on SDW's side, but they're so desperate right now that they'll try anything...like leaking a false report to Drudge, which then gets picked up by various media outlets and bloggers (e.g. Instapundit, who even acknowledged that it didn't happen) only to be proven false by the video of the conference.

I swear to God, it's like these people don't realize that the internets exist.

If it was retracted I didn't hear about it. I check multiple news sources, though over breaks tend to be as on top of the news. So Drudge was wrong. OK, fair enough for me. I don't know that means it was a "fake scandal." If you want to start posting all the blatantly false news stories that have been published over the years, I'm game.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #92 of 170
Thread Starter 
adda:

Quote:
Right! It's important to maintain balance by matching irrational hatred for a quagmire that kills lots of people that never had to happen with a lot lot of Bwaahahaha-ing about Hillary taking a stab at dialect while quoting song! To be fair, we have to keep lying about Pelosi "wanting" a bigger plane, in order to offset talk of politicizing the Justice Department!

Is it a chromosome thing, or what? The inability to distinguish orders of magnitude, I mean.

Funny, I seem to remember about 10,000 anti-Bush, anti-Cheney, anti-Rumsfeld threads being started...almost all with inflammatory titles over truly "fake" scandals. But that's OK. The daily Democratic assault on the administration and the President personally is fine too. As is every attack (read: Bwwahahaha-ing) on Bush's speech, mannerisms, and overall demeanor. See, that's not distracting or "matching of hatred"..no, no! That's being patriotic! It's only when a conservative has the unmitigated gall to expose Democratic scandals, pandering and general idiocy...then it's just a disregard for the future of the country. Gotcha.

Quote:
No, it didn't. There is video tape of the press conference that proves this conclusively. Even the fever swamps of right-wing blogdom have admitted as much. The funny thing is the "partisan hack" makes the case at every opportunity that withdrawal would be disastrous, a tragic error, and that anyone who advocates for same is deluded.

As for the other, just google pelosi headscarf.

Tip: I think you're supposed to change the tinfoil every once in a while, or it gets erratic.

As I posted, I didn't see the admission it was wrong, but OK. Fair enough. As for Pelosi, that was another one I hadn't heard of. Reading the Newsweek article on it...it does raise agood point. Aren't liberals always screaming about women's rights in the Mideast? Oh wait..but I forgot...not allowed to point that out. It's a diversion away from"real issues" like this "illegal and immoral" war!

Quote:
Except you've been wrong about everything concerning Iraq, and apparently are unwilling to admit the evidence of your eyes even now. Just because two people disagree doesn't mean they have equal cases to make.

You were wrong, which makes you misinformed or unwilling to be informed. You still refuse to admit that you were wrong, which means you are misinformed and stubborn. You claim that we should all take you seriously when you insist that you are right now, despite ample evidence to the contrary, which makes you misinformed, stubborn, and possibly delusional.

Or, you might be so invested in not having to eat crow in front of "liberals" that you will never admit to anything, ever, even if it is on fire and doing jumping jacks on your face. Which makes you pointless.

I've been wrong about everything in Iraq? Such as? I, and half of the rest of world was wrong about that. I have been and always will be willing to admit when I'm wrong. If there is something else you'd like to discuss wrt to "being wrong," I'm open to it.

Quote:
This is not what the Bush admin is being accused of. They are accused of (and there is lots and lots of evidence that you will never acknowledge amounts to anything!) of "politicizing"
in the sense of "turning the Justice Department into part of the Republican machine", i.e. exactly the same politicalization that has been taking place throughout Bush's term.

Prosecutors replaced because they failed to pursue investigations against Democrats when it might have swung an election, even though the professionals in the local office had concluded that the "case" they were being pressured to mount had no merit whatsoever. Prosecutors replaced because they did pursue investigations against Republicans. Prosecutors replaced to make room for political operatives and "loyal Bushies" with scant experience and who knew exactly what they were there for: help out where ever possible with getting Republicans elected.

If you think that's business as usual, you have nothing but contempt for the whole idea of the rule of law. And if you're that cynical about how and to what end the justice system in America is deployed, in what sense are you a patriot, again?



1. There is no evidence that prosecutors were replaced for refusing to investigate Democrats for political purposes.

2. There is no evidence that prosecutors were replaced for failure to investigate Republicans.

Nothing else matters. Nothing. If you have evidence of the above post it. If such evidence exists, it means the actions of the Bush Administration were improper.

Quote:
Again: Bush administration officials out a clandestine CIA agent who was working on, ha ha, nuclear proliferation, and in so doing damaged ongoing field operations.

Oh shut up. That's absurd. Every word of it.

Quote:
But it was an egregiously transparent stunt, and it plays into a critical debate about the future of our involvement in Iraq. It also, apparently, got a bunch of Iraqis killed.

But I understand. Stuff like that is so obviously beside the point, when you've got things like Hillary's accent to focus your attention on.

I notice you ignore every single egregiously transparent stunt the Democrats pull, now don't you? [b[The Democrats have all but printed an "Instructional Guide to Defeating America in Iraq" and hey..that's OK. [/b] In fact, I stand corrected...they have printed the very same. They just gave it another title. So while you rail about McCain, you obviously consider it "besides the point" [b[that the majority of a political party is willfully engaging in helping terrorists murder our troops.[/b] "Kill enough of us and we'll go home" has been the message. Good thing no one notices while you bitch about a whopping 9% of the US Attorneys being fired. In case you're wondering, that stench coming from your computer right now is pure, unfiltered irony.

Quote:
Yes, that's right, my point was that I am enraged when anyone disagrees with me. It couldn't have anything to do with observing that this president has made unprecedented use of signing statements to ignore laws he doesn't fancy, has asserted his right to detain American citizens without charge and incarcerate them forever without access to legal representation, and invariably installs political cronies at every opportunity, without any regard for qualifications beyond "loyalty"-- not to America, but to the Republican machine.

And you're entitled to that opinion. But you're not entitled to tell me that I'm unpatriotic and not interested in the future of the country because I happen to think you're full of shit about most of that.

Quote:
Every one of the things I post about on this site regard specific instances of what I consider to be truly destructive policies and behavior. Since the Dems haven't had any power at all for most of the time I've been active posting here, they really haven't had much of a chance to implement anything too dreadful. If they do I'll get pissed. So far, I'm good with plenty of investigation of an administration that appeared to think they would never face any scrutiny at all, and starting the process to get us out of Iraq.

The funny thing is I think you're being sincere. I just doubt that you'll be able to recognize "truly destructive" policies. First, we likely won't agree on what policies are effective or appropriate. Secondly, my feeling is that you'll attempt to juxtapose cause and effect for anything beneficial or deterimental that occurs. If the economy tanks, it'll be the Republicans that set it all up with those insidious tax cuts. If things turn around in Iraq, it will because of the "oversight" ofn the Democratic Congressm and so forth.

Quote:
You, on the other hand, seem to take a fair amount of pleasure in chasing after every silly "Edwards hair" bit of inane gutter politics that comes along.

I think the real problem, as I have said, is that you truly seem to lack a basic instinct for "proportionality" actually looks like, by birth or design I have no idea.

You actually seem to believe that a made up story (and yes, it's a made up story! Fucking do a little research, for god's sake!) about a trivial matter of how big a plane would be needed to fly the Speaker of the House of the United States of America to the west coast is a powerful indicator of "liberal" malfeasance on par with packing the Justice Department with "loyal Bushies", which you can't see the problem with anyway. Apparently the idea is just to offer up "scandals", tit for tat, without any regard at all for what is actually of significance in the actual world.

You want to have an argument about "which one is true", when the actual point is the difference between the inane and the important.

Mmm...rich creamy frosting!

I seriously cannot stand the hypocrisy. What you're esentially saying here is that Democratic scandals don't really matter. Why? Because we have more important things worry about! We can't talk about it! Yes, this is EXACTLY the attitude that you have accused me of taking WRT to Republican actions. Oh, and we're also not allowed to make fun of Democrats. That would be inappropriate. There's a war on.

Here is the link to search for thread titles with the word "Bush" in them.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/searc...searchid=87415

I'm glad you and [i]your[i] "cohorts" play fair. At least you're not distracted like sheep.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #93 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

If it was retracted I didn't hear about it. I check multiple news sources, though over breaks tend to be as on top of the news. So Drudge was wrong. OK, fair enough for me. I don't know that means it was a "fake scandal." If you want to start posting all the blatantly false news stories that have been published over the years, I'm game.

It was made up. Invented. Did not happen.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #94 of 170
!!!!!
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #95 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I read the transcript. So you're position in it never happened...it was invented out of thin air?

You read "the transcript" of something that never happened? What transcript??? I'd ask you to post a link but I'll spare you the embarrassment.

I told you myself and others in here have watched the video and nothing of the sort happened. Go watch it yourself. In fact as has been posted a few times already, the reporter didn't even get to ask a question.

"Drudge was wrong"? "Drudge was wrong"? More like Drudge posted made up shit and you ran with it. The Pelosi "felon" stuff and now this....take a break man. Really. Take a break.
post #96 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

You read "the transcript" of something that never happened? What transcript??? I'd ask you to post a link but I'll spare you the embarrassment.

I told you myself and others in here have watched the video and nothing of the sort happened. Go watch it yourself. In fact as has been posted a few times already, the reporter didn't even get to ask a question.

"Drudge was wrong"? "Drudge was wrong"? More like Drudge posted made up shit and you ran with it. The Pelosi "felon" stuff and now this....take a break man. Really. Take a break.

I'm not even the one who brought it up. I didn't see the later coverage that it was made up, wrong, what have you. If it never happened, it never happened....fine. Shit...I don't even support McCain. Get over it.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #97 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I'm not even the one who brought it up. I didn't see the later coverage that it was made up, wrong, what have you. If it never happened, it never happened....fine. Shit...I don't even support McCain. Get over it.


He he!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #98 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

More like Drudge posted made up shit and you ran with it.

Big surprise.
post #99 of 170
"As opposed to another Secretary of State?" What!!!??? Henry Kissinger springs to mind.

"Dear God. The oppression card?! Are you serious?"

Yeah Republicans love to be "oppressed" these days. By the Liberal Media and the Secular Progressive Movement.

SDW I think you oughtta give up here, adda's got you game, set, and match. Or maybe not. I am really enjoying your posts adda, they are very thoughtful and provocative.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
Reply
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
Reply
post #100 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

"As opposed to another Secretary of State?" What!!!??? Henry Kissinger springs to mind.

"Dear God. The oppression card?! Are you serious?"

Yeah Republicans love to be "oppressed" these days. By the Liberal Media and the Secular Progressive Movement.

SDW I think you oughtta give up here, adda's got you game, set, and match. Or maybe not. I am really enjoying your posts adda, they are very thoughtful and provocative.

Give up? Adda's central premise is that I and "my cohorts" are distracted by "fake scandals" and feel the need to unfairly attack the Democratic party, just for retribution's sake. Of course, it doesn't work both ways. Liberals can criticize Bush and Republican party all they want...and those scandals are *important* and *real.* Also, they're right...about everything. Iraq, detention of terrorists, the justice department, domestic surveillance...they're just right. Anyone who disagrees (in adda's own words) "doesn't care about the future of the country and not a patriot." My my, how the tables have turned.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #101 of 170
What is this thread?

Pelosi is a potential felon based on a statute from 1799-- that no one has ever been convicted under and that only one person over 200 years ago was ever even prosecuted under. And you're making an argument about the relevancy of the stuff you focus on in these threads?
post #102 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Give up? Adda's central premise is that I and "my cohorts" are distracted by "fake scandals" and feel the need to unfairly attack the Democratic party, just for retribution's sake. Of course, it doesn't work both ways. Liberals can criticize Bush and Republican party all they want...and those scandals are *important* and *real.* Also, they're right...about everything. Iraq, detention of terrorists, the justice department, domestic surveillance...they're just right. Anyone who disagrees (in adda's own words) "doesn't care about the future of the country and not a patriot." My my, how the tables have turned.


SDW.

Please stop!

Save yourself some face and get a grip.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #103 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

SDW.

Please stop!.

Naah - keep it up SDW, it's absolutely HILARIOUS.

Positively, hilariously, UNHINGED.

Plus, there's something about your particular brand of willful ignorance, rightwing water carrying, and doubletalk that seems to bring out the best posts by adda.
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #104 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Naah - keep it up SDW, it's absolutely HILARIOUS.

Positively, hilariously, UNHINGED.

Plus, there's something about your particular brand of willful ignorance, rightwing water carrying, and doubletalk that seems to bring out the best posts by adda.

Willful ignorance? A baseless ad hominem attack.

Rightwing water carrying? No. I stand where I stand. I am more than willing to criticize those I disagree with, be they Republican or Democrats.

Doubletalk? Now that one is truly absurd. Let's see an example.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #105 of 170
post #106 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Willful ignorance? A baseless ad hominem attack.

Rightwing water carrying? No. I stand where I stand. I am more than willing to criticize those I disagree with, be they Republican or Democrats.

Doubletalk? Now that one is truly absurd. Let's see an example.

" We're there to free the Iraqi people ".
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #107 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:

I feel the strong urge to tell you your source is not credible.

Must.....resist.

too late.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #108 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

" We're there to free the Iraqi people ".

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #109 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Hey!

What do you know! That's another one!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #110 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I'm not even the one who brought it up. I didn't see the later coverage that it was made up, wrong, what have you. If it never happened, it never happened....fine. Shit...I don't even support McCain. Get over it.

That's the problem with you guys. They tell you something through Drudge (Breaking story!) or other winger sites and you don't think twice about plastering it all over the internets. This is beyong carrying water.

By the way. You said you read the transcript. Where is it? Unless of course, you made that up aswell.
post #111 of 170
Quote:

The scary thing about that link is the transcript of the caller who prompted the response. Just, rattles off the talking points, with full on "she must go to jail" intensity, as if they were completely unaware of any information outside of Rush and right wing blogs (even Fox has let some information from the real world slip in).

That's how it works. Another member of the base who will go to their grave with another ginned up talking point fueling their boundless outrage at how liberals get away with all this treasonous shit all the time because they and the media hate America.

And the people that provide the spin know that full well, which is why it often seems so threadbare and half-assed.

Threadbare and half-assed is plenty good for the true believers.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #112 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

What is this thread?

Pelosi is a potential felon based on a statute from 1799-- that no one has ever been convicted under and that only one person over 200 years ago was ever even prosecuted under. And you're making an argument about the relevancy of the stuff you focus on in these threads?

And don't forget...she would have had to go through State in order to arrange everything.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #113 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I feel the strong urge to tell you your source is not credible.

Must.....resist.

too late.

Which source? Thinkprogress? C-SPAN? A sitting congressman from WV?

Jesus, SDW. This thread makes me sad.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #114 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

That's the problem with you guys. They tell you something through Drudge (Breaking story!) or other winger sites and you don't think twice about plastering it all over the internets. This is beyong carrying water.

By the way. You said you read the transcript. Where is it? Unless of course, you made that up aswell.

Man, you really don't let it rest. I didn't plaster it anywhere. It was alluded to earlier in the thread, and having not heard that it actually didn't happen, I posted that it did. As soon as it was pointed out it didn't happen, I ackwnowledged it. What is the problem? I also made another mistake in using the word "transcript." I read what appeared to be a transcript of the dialogue in the press conference. I have no idea where I found it to be honest.

As for Drudge, it's mostly just headlines interspersed with some commentary. Often the headlines are word for word what the actualy title of the article is. For the most part he just links to mainstream news sites and blogs. It's not my only source of news to be sure, but I enjoy clicking through it, not that I need to defend myself to you.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #115 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Which source? Thinkprogress? C-SPAN? A sitting congressman from WV?

Jesus, SDW. This thread makes me sad.

Take a guess.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #116 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Take a guess.

Gotcha. So now you're alleging that somehow ThinkProgress fabricated the transcript from CSPAN? Or invented the whole thing? What, precisely, in their posting a transcript from CSPAN is unreliable?

Seriously, man. This is pretty crazy.

Edit: here's the video since you question the accuracy of ThinkProgress.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #117 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

The scary thing about that link is the transcript of the caller who prompted the response. Just, rattles off the talking points, with full on "she must go to jail" intensity, as if they were completely unaware of any information outside of Rush and right wing blogs (even Fox has let some information from the real world slip in).

That's how it works. Another member of the base who will go to their grave with another ginned up talking point fueling their boundless outrage at how liberals get away with all this treasonous shit all the time because they and the media hate America.

And the people that provide the spin know that full well, which is why it often seems so threadbare and half-assed.

Threadbare and half-assed is plenty good for the true believers.

See here's the problem: The caller is right. Pelosi probably did commit a felony, and so did anyone else who met with the Syrian President conveying policy messages. No one will be charged with anything. It's an obscure law that probably shouldn't even exist. That said, her trip was definitely no help. She looked like an ass in more than one way. Oh but wait...I forgot..you and Political Outsider Speech Police will be on the case if I say that too loudly. Must focus on Bush. And Iraq. And...Bush.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #118 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

See here's the problem: The caller is right. Pelosi probably did commit a felony, and so did anyone else who met with the Syrian President conveying policy messages.

Not if those trips were cleared by State.

To which I should add: now, if you or I just went to Syria without informing State and met with the president and explained how he could resolve the tensions between the US and Syria, then yes. That's a violation.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #119 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

See here's the problem: The caller is right. Pelosi probably did commit a felony, and so did anyone else who met with the Syrian President conveying policy messages. No one will be charged with anything. It's an obscure law that probably shouldn't even exist. That said, her trip was definitely no help. She looked like an ass in more than one way. Oh but wait...I forgot..you and Political Outsider Speech Police will be on the case if I say that too loudly. Must focus on Bush. And Iraq. And...Bush.

Apparently the Political Outsider Speech Police are really terrible at enforcement.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #120 of 170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Gotcha. So now you're alleging that somehow ThinkProgress fabricated the transcript from CSPAN? Or invented the whole thing? What, precisely, in their posting a transcript from CSPAN is unreliable?

Seriously, man. This is pretty crazy.

Edit: here's the video since you question the accuracy of ThinkProgress.

Yes, it's Think Progress. But why are you taking the claim of the interviewee as being infallible?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Pelosi May Have Committed A Felony