or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Spinning Beachball on MacBook

Spinning Beachball on MacBook

post #1 of 6
Hey guys,

I have a White MacBook 2.0Ghz, 80GB HDD with 1GB RAM, with 50GB of space left on the HDD.

I have few applications installed which were not bundled. However, when doing ordinary tasks, such as browsing the internet on Safari, the spinning beachball appears for a few seconds. Does anybody know the reason for this?

I thought that 1GB of RAM for my needs would be more than sufficient. Are there any other causes for this problem?

Many thanks for your help, in advance.

Jon
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy88 View Post

Hey guys,

I have a White MacBook 2.0Ghz, 80GB HDD with 1GB RAM, with 50GB of space left on the HDD.

I have few applications installed which were not bundled. However, when doing ordinary tasks, such as browsing the internet on Safari, the spinning beachball appears for a few seconds. Does anybody know the reason for this?

I thought that 1GB of RAM for my needs would be more than sufficient. Are there any other causes for this problem?

Many thanks for your help, in advance.

Jon

thats way too vague to draw any reasonable analysis
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archstudent View Post

thats way too vague to draw any reasonable analysis

I agree-- but you could try to repair permissions for starters. \
There's no there there. But, I'm working on it.
post #4 of 6
In that case, how would you advise that I make my depiction less vague?
post #5 of 6
What have you installed? What programs are you running when this happens-- are they Universal or PPC programs that may be running through Rosetta? Have you checked Activity Monitor to know what's up and running? What you're experiencing may be normal depending on your usage, so we need some specifics.

Any info is helpful.
post #6 of 6
also, beachball doesnt necessarily mean anything bad.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Spinning Beachball on MacBook