or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Tag, Your It..! "Sunshine" (2007) - Pretty Amazed By It But...

Tag, Your It..! "Sunshine" (2007) - Pretty Amazed By It But...

Poll Results: What did you think of "Sunshine"? (2007)

• 0% (0)
    Superb SciFi/ Horror/ Thriller
  • 100% (1)
    British Film RULZ!
  • 0% (0)
    It was kinda okay...
  • 0% (0)
    Hmm, dissapointed
  • 0% (0)
    Utter rubbish!
1 Total Vote  
post #1 of 3
OKAY, CAN READ THIS THREAD, SPOILER WARNINGS MARKED AS NEEDED.

***************BEGIN SPOILER WARNING*****************************

So.... no.1
how did the Icarus 1 mutant get onto the Icarus 2?

All the people on IMDB.com are arguing about "oh, the sun would never die like this" or "the bomb is so unplausible"...
Overall the only thing bugging me is how the mutant got onto the ship. Yes, I can accept he was the sole survivor and was biologically, psychologically, spiritually *totally fucked*...

I'd give the movie a 9 out of 10, with the best "hard" sci-fi in a while, moving on from Alien1+2, Contact, Abyss, to the realms of 2001, EventHorizon *yes dare I say*, and Solaris.

The only thing is that I would have preferred the end-monster, while a great plot device to cap off the doomed people (but successful mission), --- to be either more "ghostly" - like he was floating around the sun/ Icarus1 and kinda "seeped" into Icarus2... or, be more of a thriller, that they found this guy that was kinda sunburnt, headfucked but maybe some clothes or something, less of a "monster" to more "psychoguy".

So bonus points to anyone that can suggest ideas to no.1 above besides "it's all made-up rubbish". Cheers, let's get stuck into it...

***************END SPOILER WARNING*****************************
post #2 of 3
I've never even heard of this movie.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #3 of 3
It's carried by Fox Searchlight, it's made in the UK. But with a pretty reasonable budget, it would be a $200 million US "summer blockbuster" kind of thing if made in Hollywood.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/sunshine/

In a surprise twist of events, it is not released in the US yet, I think, but is showing around the world now... So, heh, this thread is a bit ahead of it's time then. 8)

"Fifty years from now, the sun is dying, and mankind is dying with it. Our last hope: a spaceship and a crew of eight men and women. They carry a device which will breathe new life into the star. But deep into their voyage, out of radio contact with Earth, their mission is starting to unravel."

If and when you do go watch it, just keep an open mind to what you think it might be.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Tag, Your It..! "Sunshine" (2007) - Pretty Amazed By It But...