or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple's Leopard still accompanied by lengthy bug list

Apple's Leopard still accompanied by lengthy bug list - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post

Well, they've got two months and change still. \

I'd be okay with Leopard shipping with minor bugs, let's face it, all OSes do (most to be fixed shortly after launch by Software Update- god I love that thing), but I'd hope that Apple would not force a 10.5 ship if there are still major and obvious issues to be resolved. Because if they do, the comparisons to Windows will be plain:

"Hey, I thought you guys were supposed to have your acts together better than Microsoft! Bwahahaha!"... yeah, we can all see the fanboi comments now, can't we?

But while those don't matter, mainstream perception definitely DOES. If Leopard still has very serious, very-easy-to-come-across issues come June, it needs NOT to ship. Apple's reputation is part of what's fueling the resurgence of the Mac. If Apple compromises that to hit a ship date.... ugh.

I do hope they hit their Spring ship date, but it's secondary to quality. Releasing a 'beta OS' makes Apple no better than Microsoft. Here's hoping that Apple's dev team is able to have its cake (ship date) and eat it too (quality).

Yay. Looks like Apple listened to me (j/k ). Leopard is pushed back to October. It's the right call.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...l_october.html

Of course, to keep Mac sales from stalling in the intervening months, they're likely going to have to get aggressive. A $999 MacBook, 15" MacBook, and a subnotebook would be great introductions in this time span. And yes, even the dreaded minitower, to entice Windows switchers.

Apple Apologista Squadâ„¢, commence egg-hurling.

Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
post #42 of 45
In the new build Brushed Metal is totally gone - or actually replaced with a darker version of what's in Mail today.

Even Mail has the darker theme but it looks out of place here and there. In System Preference the dark top doesn't look good when the rest of the window is light grey - it's obvious that it will change before the final build.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

According to reports already plastered on Apple-related web sites, Mac OS X Leopard (Client) Build 9A410, which was released to thousands of Mac OS X developers this week, still carries with it a laundry list of nearly three dozen known issues.

One application in particular that continues to receive refinements is the Terminal application, according to those reports posted on the Web. However, those changes include only subtle modifications to the software's window settings.

The seed notes only lists a few changes and a few bugs - there are much more than that.
JLL

JLL

post #44 of 45
About the brushed metal being gone: is the gray the shade of the current iTunes?
post #45 of 45
It's a bit darker than iTunes. (Edit: it seems to be the same - it's the taller top bar in iTunes that makes it look a bit different)

Btw. this is the only theme in this Leopard build - the light one from Mail, System Preferences and others are gone too - as are the pinstripes in window backgrounds like System Preferences.

When you "Quick Look" a folder it shows a folder with the actual items in it.

MP3 and AAC files have their album cover as icons in the Finder if the cover is embedded in the file - downloaded covers from iTS don't show.
JLL

JLL

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple's Leopard still accompanied by lengthy bug list