or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Vet's arm reattached after croc bites it off....

Vet's arm reattached after croc bites it off....

post #1 of 6
A vet in Taiwan was treating a crocodile for something or other and thought it was successfully under anaesthetic when it woke up and bit his arm off (see pic below).

Incredibly, surgeons have managed to re-attach it and it looks like it will be back in working order in a few months!

They tries to blast the croc in the neck but the bullets bounced off! It made him drop the arm though....lucky he didn't chew it up any.....

Link
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 6
That's gotta hurt!
Look at the goo hanging off of it, how did they ever reattach that?
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Incredibly, surgeons have managed to re-attach it and it looks like it will be back in working order in a few months!

Yeah, it's pretty amazing what surgeons can do. They use all sorts of micro-surgery and stitch veins and things together. I don't want to go into details but a similar thing happened to me and I recovered nearly completely, apart from sensation. It takes longer than a few months though. It doesn't hurt as much as you think it would because your nerves die when they get severed but the rapid blood loss is a bit painful.
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Yeah, it's pretty amazing what surgeons can do. They use all sorts of micro-surgery and stitch veins and things together. I don't want to go into details but a similar thing happened to me and I recovered nearly completely, apart from sensation. It takes longer than a few months though. It doesn't hurt as much as you think it would because your nerves die when they get severed but the rapid blood loss is a bit painful.

Good to hear you recovered well. I can not even imagine something like this happening to me...
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

A vet in Taiwan was treating a crocodile for something or other and thought it was successfully under anaesthetic when it woke up and bit his arm off (see pic below).

They tries to blast the croc in the neck but the bullets bounced off! It made him drop the arm though....lucky he didn't chew it up any.....

Link

Luckily for the vet, that one looks like a relatively undersized young Crocodile.

If it had been a fully mature Crocodile; all that would have been left of the Vet, would have been an arm....and nothing to attach it back to.

Aquafire.
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
post #6 of 6
...and it's going to be me:

[CENTER]Crikey![/CENTER]

Here's to you, Steve Irwin, where ever you are!

You did a lot more and got hurt a lot less.

(Salute)
V/R,

Aries 1B
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Vet's arm reattached after croc bites it off....