or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Imac G3 -shaky screen.

Imac G3 -shaky screen.

post #1 of 4
Hey, now don't laugh, we use modern macs at work too.....

Ok, I've got a old Imac G3 running 9.2 and the screen is extremely shaky, I think it needs to be de-magnitized but I don't know how, I don't even know if I can....

Is there a way to fix this or should the damn thing go back ontop of the shelves?
Student Athletic Trainer, Defensive tackle
Student Athletic Trainer, Defensive tackle
post #2 of 4
If the whole screen is shaking, it is usually a failing component in the high voltage section. I'm afraid it needs to be repaired or replaced. Repair costs are usually pretty hefty.
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post

Hey, now don't laugh, we use modern macs at work too.....

Ok, I've got a old Imac G3 running 9.2 and the screen is extremely shaky, I think it needs to be de-magnitized but I don't know how, I don't even know if I can....

Is there a way to fix this or should the damn thing go back ontop of the shelves?

I agree with Ebby, don't even consider a repair. Get a new one. The high voltage section of the G3 iMacs suffered a lot from the heat inside the case - even though the iMac was convection "cooled", the temperatures inside were quite high.
post #4 of 4
My MacBook started doing the same thing the other day, but only sometimes. Does anyone know what this could be?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Imac G3 -shaky screen.