or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Virginia Tech killing: more than 30 dead

Virginia Tech killing: more than 30 dead - Page 14

post #521 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

As opposed to a "assault knife" or "sniper knife" or "Saturday NIght Special knife."
The anti-gun language is such bullshit.

Such big words you use. Very good way to persuade people to your way of thinking.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #522 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Such big words you use. Very good way to persuade people to your way of thinking.

Big words?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #523 of 524
It the disingenuous anit-gun weasels that keep slapping "assault" and "sniper" and "high powered" in front of everything to get a response from all of the populace. Based on this board, I'd say that it is working. Not many people around here even know enough about firearms to know how to apply the language.

Firearm Demonology 101:

"Assault" = full auto arms, regulated since 1968 and registered. Intentional anti-gun misdirection on semi-auto firearms.
"Sniper" = Brady and crew seem to think this means "sighted in for more than 50 meters, regardless of action type or caliber"
"hi-powered" = ever heard of a "low-powered" firearm? No. Just more linguistic fear-driven bullshit.

"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #524 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Big words?

In the email I received about the reply, you had said:

"Big words? My 5th grader knows those... ? "

You go on to discuss the vocab of guns.

I was talking about the word that was a reference to something a little smellier.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Virginia Tech killing: more than 30 dead