or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Update: Apple now says 3-hour keynote listing an error
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Update: Apple now says 3-hour keynote listing an error

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
So much for that extra long keynote at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference. Apple now claims its developer website erroneously listed Apple chief executive Steve Jobs' inaugural presentation as a 3-hour affair.

Jobs' keynote will in fact run the traditional 90 minutes from 9:00 AM till 10:30 AM on June 11th, not 9:00 AM till 12:00 PM as original reported by Apple's WWDC website.

Apple has now updated its website to reflect the change and confirmed in an e-mail to Gizmodo that the earlier posting was indeed a somewhat elaborate typo.
post #2 of 29
How many mistakes are Apple making these days?


IT'S THE END PEOPLE! IT'S ALL OVER!

Daniel Tull
Reply
Daniel Tull
Reply
post #3 of 29
Quote:
How many mistakes are Apple making these days?

My thoughts exactly!
post #4 of 29
Don't most keynotes usually initially state 3 hours and then get knocked down to 90 minutes? I seem to recall MWSF 07 was the same way.
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post

My thoughts exactly!

One that I can think of.
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post

My thoughts exactly!

One that I can think of.
post #7 of 29
Seriously, did anybody actually think Mr Jobs was going to talk for 3 hours?
post #8 of 29
I myself thought Steve would talk for 90-120 minutes and have Phil and the gang take turns here and there, just like they did when they presented Leopard. And if they are announcing more business partnerships, like with iPhone, that would fill 3 hours easily.
post #9 of 29
Sorry, I am just as excited about Leopard, new hardware, etc. as the next guy. But, come on! Who cares how long a keynote speech at a conference 2 months away is scheduled for? It doesn't affect your life one bit. It's definitely fun to speculate what products Apple will/should come out with next, but this is getting insanely petty.
post #10 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers View Post

Sorry, I am just as excited about Leopard, new hardware, etc. as the next guy. But, come on! Who cares how long a keynote speech at a conference 2 months away is scheduled for?

Talking up an OS that's months behind schedule and fading fast.

If its true that Apple dropped the ball on iPhone (reports of 'late june / july eta dates now'), OS X and who knows what else... Hmmm any news on more moves for the AppleTV and/or labels re-signing up for iTunes music store?

Apple stock will take the biggest nosedive in history if they don't start shaping up.

Now if this is all due to the hiring practices being eluded to as of late (as in the LACK of it). Read as unfilled but needed people/positions required to juggle all of these projects... If that is true then somebody should be getting 'Steved' pretty darn soon! And from where I sit it looks like the person who'll be steved may in fact **BE** Steve!

Okay maybe things aren't that bad just yet but just in case things go any more wrong... Remember you heard it here first.


Dave
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
post #11 of 29
The "One More Thing" part will simply take an additional 90 minutes...

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers View Post

Sorry, I am just as excited about Leopard, new hardware, etc. as the next guy. But, come on! Who cares how long a keynote speech at a conference 2 months away is scheduled for?

A three-hour keynote would indicate an unusual number of new announcements, or the need for a very long demo of a specific product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers View Post

It doesn't affect your life one bit.

No Mac rumor "affects your life." I suggest you ignore this Mac rumor message board if you're after grander things in life.
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Jobs' keynote will in fact run the traditional 90 minutes from 9:00 AM till 10:30 AM on June 11th, not 9:00 AM till 12:00 PM as original reported by Apple's WWDC website.

OH NOES! I want a three-hour heated speech a la Fidel Castro!
post #14 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Talking up an OS that's months behind schedule and fading fast.

If its true that Apple dropped the ball on iPhone (reports of 'late june / july eta dates now'), OS X and who knows what else... Hmmm any news on more moves for the AppleTV and/or labels re-signing up for iTunes music store?

Apple stock will take the biggest nosedive in history if they don't start shaping up.

Now if this is all due to the hiring practices being eluded to as of late (as in the LACK of it). Read as unfilled but needed people/positions required to juggle all of these projects... If that is true then somebody should be getting 'Steved' pretty darn soon! And from where I sit it looks like the person who'll be steved may in fact **BE** Steve!

Okay maybe things aren't that bad just yet but just in case things go any more wrong... Remember you heard it here first.


Dave

Hey Mr. Doom-and-Gloom. Apple didn't "drop the ball" on iPhone. They said "June" and it's still "June". Until otherwise officially stated please continue your fear-driven, live on bad news existence.
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers View Post

Sorry, I am just as excited about Leopard, new hardware, etc. as the next guy. But, come on! Who cares how long a keynote speech at a conference 2 months away is scheduled for? It doesn't affect your life one bit. It's definitely fun to speculate what products Apple will/should come out with next, but this is getting insanely petty.

Yeah, Whatever.

I think it is a ploy to manage expectations.
I think there will be a lot and the keynote will run longer than 90.
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by crees! View Post

Hey Mr. Doom-and-Gloom. Apple didn't "drop the ball" on iPhone. They said "June" and it's still "June". Until otherwise officially stated please continue your fear-driven, live on bad news existence.

Everybody knows that you're supposed to cut Apple's estimates in half. If Steve says June, then he means March. If he says June 2008, then he means March 1004.
post #17 of 29
Well, even though the keynote isn't supersized, it looks like this year's WWDC is back to being a full day on Friday instead of a half day like last year.
post #18 of 29
That keynote is going to take a while to download.

He has plenty to talk about Leopard, other software and hardware products and possibly the iPhone API and enhancements to Xcode to support it.

3 hours and very rushed.
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AISI View Post

OH NOES! I want a three-hour heated speech a la Fidel Castro!

He's been known to speak for 7 hours before. Unfortunately a lot of them is devoted to reading the latest production figures :P
post #20 of 29
The keynote is scheduled from 10:00-11:30 not 9:00-10:30 as currently reported in this article. Anyone assigning any significance to the scheduling typo needs to get a grip. All other morning sessions for the WWDC are 9:00-10:30 & 10:30-12:00.
post #21 of 29
Get Something Right For Once Apple... Windows > Apple
post #22 of 29
Apple is teh doomed!!
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #23 of 29
Steve's WWDC keynotes have been 90 minutes for the last few years. His speech is then followed by the "State of the Union" presentation.

Nothing to see here, move along.
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AISI View Post

OH NOES! I want a three-hour heated speech a la Fidel Castro!

Then it would be 6 hours.
post #25 of 29
Nine, after the third version of the Three Hour Plan...
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
Reply
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
Reply
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Nine, after the third version of the Three Hour Plan...

Heh, heh. not any more, I'll bet.
post #27 of 29
Good, I don't want to hear 3 hours of iPhone keynote anyway. 1.5 hours of iPhone keynote will be bad enough
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by crees! View Post

Hey Mr. Doom-and-Gloom. Apple didn't "drop the ball" on iPhone. They said "June" and it's still "June". Until otherwise officially stated please continue your fear-driven, live on bad news existence.

Now, exactly how long have you been a resident at Jones Town?

Heh, I'm only kidding ya...

After all Steve & Co. would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY deluded to think they could use the (lame) excuse of the iPhone development delaying Leopards release unless they were TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY confidant that the iPhone was sure to be released ON TIME.

Hmmm now the question I really wanna know is, just how many phone device programmers does it take to churn out a professional desktop OS **OR** should I say how many desktop OS programmers does it take to churn out a professional handheld phone?

Dave
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
post #29 of 29
So why the heck was this posted in the iPod + iTunes + iPhone + Apple TV forum?

I think Kasper's Automated Slave needs a spanking......
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Update: Apple now says 3-hour keynote listing an error