or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › I want the iPhone without the phone part!

I want the iPhone without the phone part!

post #1 of 7
Perhaps what I'm looking for will end up being the next "wifi" iPod generations.. perhaps not. But a scaled OS X with full syncing and integration is needed. Give me an iPhone-like device with 10" full touch screen and a matched hard or heavy duty softcase that is less that $1000 CND and I'm in. Anyone else tired of the *pull it out, flip it open, hold with one hand, type wither the other, damn this thing is heavy" style portable computer? I am.

think star-trek
post #2 of 7
You want just the i?
post #3 of 7
iI

A touch tablet would be a niche product. You can't type nearly as fast on a touch screen as a keyboard, and it would be less versatile than a traditional notebook in other ways as well.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujib View Post

Give me an iPhone-like device with 10" full touch screen and a matched hard or heavy duty softcase that is less that $1000 CND and I'm in.

While you're at it, you may as well add a sub-$1000 Mac Mini with Nvidia graphics and a PCI slot to your manifest. Without that, you're only half-way to neverland.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #5 of 7
hahaha... perhaps

Bring-on the Expose keyboard overlay!
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujib View Post

think star-trek

Star Trek was a TV show.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Star Trek was a TV show.

AWAY BLASPHEMER!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › I want the iPhone without the phone part!