or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › iPhoto for Windows?

iPhoto for Windows?

post #1 of 6
http://www.applematters.com/index.ph...o-for-windows/

Despite iTunes being on Windows and newly released AppleTV, I really don't see this happening. Anyone else have another POV?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #2 of 6
I don't see it happening either... the more Apple software ported to Windows, the less compelling reason for people to "switch" to a Mac.

Besides, Picasa appears to be a hell of a lot better than iPhoto is.

Hasn't anybody written a Picasa export module for the AppleTV yet for Windows users?
post #3 of 6
Expect iChat for Windows before iPhoto.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Expect iChat for Windows before iPhoto.

Agreed.
post #5 of 6
And I don't expect iChat anytime soon... would make logical sense to grow the iChat user base, but at the same time, it'd be another reason for Windows user *not* to switch.

If Apple puts too many of their flagship apps on the competing OS, the appeal of Mac & OS X will be diminished. Sorry if this is restating the obvious.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef View Post

And I don't expect iChat anytime soon... would make logical sense to grow the iChat user base, but at the same time, it'd be another reason for Windows user *not* to switch.
If Apple puts too many of their flagship apps on the competing OS, the appeal of Mac & OS X will be diminished.

I actually think that situation would have the opposite effect. The whole point of having iChat on Windows is not only so Mac users could chat to PC users easier, in a nicer more user-friendly UI, but it's so when Apple ads VOIP technology to iChat 4.0 PC users and Mac users can use their iPhones to make calls in their homes to others for free, no matter what OS they have. Cingular or whoever wont care cause they'll still have a standard subscription plan for guaranteed revenues.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › iPhoto for Windows?