or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Dropped MBP! Need repair help!

Dropped MBP! Need repair help!

post #1 of 2
So I finally did it. It was bound to happen some time in my life. It was about a three-foot-fall onto the pavement. It was in a soft case, but it didn't protect it from anything else than a few scuffs.

So can you fellows recommend some help to me? I don't have Applecare, but will it cover something like this? Any other services that can help? Thanks!

P.S. Buy hard cases!!
P.P.S. I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so forgive me!

post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing70301 View Post

So can you fellows recommend some help to me? I don't have Applecare, but will it cover something like this?

I doubt any warranty would cover this since it's not a fault of the product. If it's just the case that's a bit mangled and the computer is working fine, you can see if there are any cases going cheap on ebay and replace the bottom somehow. It kind of looks like the display is damaged too in the first picture though.

If you have a local Apple store, you might consider taking it to them for repair. If they don't need to replace any parts other than the case, it might not cost that much. If they are too expensive, you can shop around for an Apple certified repair center or even just a technician.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Dropped MBP! Need repair help!