or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone - FCC approved?

iPhone - FCC approved?

post #1 of 10
Hey guys,

Say, hasn't the iPhone been FCC approved yet? Or at least filed for approval?

Steve said it usualy takes 2 months for a device to get FCC approved, and that he didnt want the FCC to "spill the beans" on the iPhone - so why haven't we seen any FCC documents that deal with the iPhone??

If any such documents exist, I would love getting a link to them...
post #2 of 10
well, i thought they filed it that day, once they showed all to the masses.
post #3 of 10
so where's the filing?
post #4 of 10
Most likely, Apple asked FCC for confidentiality, just like it did for 802.11n AirPort Extreme Base Station.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by filburt View Post

Most likely, Apple asked FCC for confidentiality, just like it did for 802.11n AirPort Extreme Base Station.

True... but when it comes to most things FCC that request for confidentiality will only buy you so much (if anything) and that was one of the reasons Steve gave for the 'pre-announcment'. IIRC he specifically made mention of needing regulatory approvals that would leak any surprise Steve might have been planing. Just look at PhoneScoop.com - they glean tons of info on upcoming phone models often simply by fishing in the FCC databases... Now maybe those other cell phone makers don't care so much about confidentially but I'd be surprised if they didn't request confidentiality as well.

Dave
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #6 of 10
Actually Steve said it usually takes several months for approval. I'm pretty confident it'll be approved, you'll still have to wait until June though, and in Europe we'll have to wait until October. The only issue the iPhone has in my eyes (besides price) is the storage. Remember Steve said it was a widescreen iPod. It really should be 8GB + 16GB, not 4 and 8 for that price.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #7 of 10
I'm certain the phone will be approved... I'm not waiting for the approval... just wondering where are the "request for approval" documents...
post #8 of 10
Actually the photos of the phone itself can't be made confidential. The following is from ATCB (PDF)

"Item 13: Confidentiality Request Letter (example attached) The exhibits provided to the FCC are accessible by the public on their site. A special request letter must be submitted to FCC for confidentiality to be granted to certain exhibits. Both permanent confidentiality (only specific documents allowed schematics, block diagrams, parts lists, tune-up procedure, operational/technical description) and short-term confidentiality (documents are allowed to be held confidential for 45 days only external and internal photos, test photos, block diagrams, schematics, users manual, parts list, tune-up procedure and operational description) are options. Under short-term confidentiality documents are automatically taken out of confidential status at the end of the 45 days unless a request for extension is submitted. Also, if you market before the 45 days, you must notify the FCC to lift the short-term confidentiality."

So at some point it will show up on their website.
post #9 of 10
We are 42 days from WWDC.

My guess is 45 days prior to the actual ship date.
post #10 of 10
for those that are NOT getting an iphone this year.....what other phones are you considering in other words whats #2
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone - FCC approved?