or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Problem with my brand new Macbook

Problem with my brand new Macbook

post #1 of 7
Hi I just bought a new Macbook a few days ago and today i tried to burn a cd in itunes but I am not able to do so because every time I inser a cd-r into the drive It ejects it about 10 seconds later and it says "please insert a blank disc", i've tried about 5 brand new cd-r's now and tried restarting the computer as well with no luck...any help??? thanks....
post #2 of 7
Take it back to the store you bought it from? Or take it to an Apple Store to have it checked out?
post #3 of 7
It's rare, but sometimes the cds are bad. In the past, I've had certain brands rejected, though I can't explain why. If you have a second name brand cd-r around, try that before you take it in for service.
There's no there there. But, I'm working on it.
There's no there there. But, I'm working on it.
post #4 of 7
Thanks, i'll try using another brand, I tried using Memorex Black CD-R....
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by catgo View Post

Thanks, i'll try using another brand, I tried using Memorex Black CD-R....

Those black CDs blow chucks. Go for something standard. Hell, Staples' discs are better than those black ones. I think it has something to do with reflectivity.

 17-inch MacBook Pro, matte, with 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM and fast 7200 200GB HD
"Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend..." Steely Dan

 17-inch MacBook Pro, matte, with 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM and fast 7200 200GB HD
"Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend..." Steely Dan
post #6 of 7
it did this on my macbook. here's what you gotta do:

Option A: click on ' burn disc' and THEN put in the disc
Option B: when the disk ejects, just push it back in
post #7 of 7
I tried both options A and B, I'll just buy "regular" cd-r's tomorrow and see what happens...thanks anyways...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Problem with my brand new Macbook