or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GW Bush the worst president in US history - Page 4  

post #121 of 455
[QUOTE=jimmac;1097126]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post



Good ol' SDW,

You'll notice how I don't reply much anymore to your defense of our hairless ape leader. The reason is you lost all these arguments a long time ago. Dubbya has painted himself into such an incredibly small corner any denfense now days hardly matters.

However it's a free country so by all means carry on!

Nice, detailed response. Jesus.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #122 of 455
[QUOTE=SDW2001;1097315]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post


Nice, detailed response. Jesus.

But to the point!

The debate was over a long time ago.

You lost.

Now you're just typing.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #123 of 455
[QUOTE=jimmac;1097843]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


But to the point!

The debate was over a long time ago.

You lost.

Now you're just typing.

No. Not to the point. That IS the point, jimmac. Your posts are never to the point.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #124 of 455
[QUOTE=SDW2001;1098169]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post


No. Not to the point. That IS the point, jimmac. Your posts are never to the point.



Click, click, click.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #125 of 455
Worst president? G. W. Bush no question about it.
  • We are less secure than before 9-11.
  • More people hate the US that before he was elected.
  • The economy has been stagnant compared to the Clinton years.
  • We have fewer constitutional freedoms.
  • We have less privacy than before he was elected.
  • Our international reputation is shot by our unprovoked invading of Iraq.
  • No weapons of mass destruction (Iraq).
  • His incompetent handling of the war in Iraq.
  • His incompetent handling of our own homeland disaster (New Orleans).
  • Failing to control runaway profits for the oil companies.
  • Failing to make any real progress in health care.
  • Increasing runaway spending in the government.
  • Politicizing the election of the Supreme Court.
  • Failing to admit his mistakes.
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
post #126 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMac View Post

[*]The economy has been stagnant compared to the Clinton years.

Um, what?
You need to look at the numbers again, son.

And BTW re:Katrina ... two words for you: SCHOOLBUS NAGIN. And seven more: "fifty years of Democrat control in Louisiana."
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #127 of 455
"You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie" I think just about sums up Katrina.

The whole fiasco was a mess, sure, but the federal side was a disaster.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #128 of 455
Kanye West for NO Mayor!
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #129 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

"You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie" I think just about sums up Katrina.

The whole fiasco was a mess, sure, but the federal side was a disaster.

I think it doesn't sum it up at all. The primary blame for the response goes to the local and state levels. I believe the feds played a role in the incompetence, to be sure.

I do agree that Brownie was obviously not the best choice for the job of FEMA director. That said, it's not clear to me just how much of the problem he actually was with respect to the actual response. As I've stated, my feeling is that the administration's major mistake was not invoking the Insurrection Act to send in active duty US military for rescue and security operations.

It's also clear that the White House has not paid enough public attention (so to speak) since the disaster. We just don't hear about it, and I think that's a mistake. Government can't solve al problems nor pay for the entire cleanup itself. But, the power of the presidency could have been leveraged better to secure the rebuilding of the area.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #130 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMac View Post

Worst president? G. W. Bush no question about it.
  • We are less secure than before 9-11.
  • More people hate the US that before he was elected.
  • The economy has been stagnant compared to the Clinton years.
  • We have fewer constitutional freedoms.
  • We have less privacy than before he was elected.
  • Our international reputation is shot by our unprovoked invading of Iraq.
  • No weapons of mass destruction (Iraq).
  • His incompetent handling of the war in Iraq.
  • His incompetent handling of our own homeland disaster (New Orleans).
  • Failing to control runaway profits for the oil companies.
  • Failing to make any real progress in health care.
  • Increasing runaway spending in the government.
  • Politicizing the election of the Supreme Court.
  • Failing to admit his mistakes.

1. Prove it.

2. True, but that is played up in the media quite a bit. I also ask how important that is. Should it be a major foreign policy goal for the World to love us?

3. Patently false.

4. Dubious assertion. Name one freedom you personally no longer have.

5. Partially true. The question is whether or not that's acceptable. Based on what I see, it's acceptable to me give the threat we face. I also don't think the privacy issues are as unprecedented as you claim.

6. That's the same as #2. I also think it's overstated. Our reputation is not "shot." Our intel credibility took a hit, that's for sure.

7. See #6. Also, if you're taking issue with that you have to take issue with the Israelis, the Brits, the French, Germans and Russians. They all thought he had WMDs too.

8. I think that's overstated as well. Clearly there has been mismanagement and mistakes have been made. I don't know that you can use the term incompetent.

9. See above. That was more of local and state problem.

10. Whoah. As much as I favor price regulation on gas, the oil companies are in fact making far less than the government is. What specific actions do you propose? You also realize these are private corporations, yes? Do you think we ought to control Wal-Mart's profits too?

11. There has been some progress, depending on how its defined. We have HSAs now and a medicare prescrip bill. I don't favor the latter, but since it sounds like you're a Universal Healthcare guy (very bad idea, btw), you should be pleased.

12. Agreed with that completely, but Congress also shares a lot of the blame.

13. I don't know what that means exactly. Do you mean the judicial appointment process? I don't see how Bush politicized it anymore than it would have been. I think you're just pissed that two conservative justices got confirmed.

14. I will partially agree with that, given that you acknowledge that the media would NEVER ask President Clinton to admit his policy mistakes in a press conference in the East Room...like they did with Bush. Also, Bush feels many of his decisions are the right ones, even if you disagree. Regardless, I don't see how listing off one's mistakes is necessarily productive for a President leading a global war on terror. What does that accomplish, other than allowing liberals to gloat?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #131 of 455
Do we have to go through this again?

Bush feels that he is on a mission from God, and that is the most frightening position any leader of a major power could take.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #132 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Do we have to go through this again?

Bush feels that he is on a mission from God, and that is the most frightening position any leader of a major power could take.

That's false too.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #133 of 455
Is it, really?


http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../06/bush.shtml


http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...075950,00.html


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2921345.stm


http://www.beliefnet.com/story/159/story_15962_1.html

From:
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/159/story_15943_2.html

Here is September 20th, 2001:
"Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty have always been at war, and God is not neutral between them."
Or the National Prayer Breakfast in 2003:
"We can also take comfort in the ways of providence, even when they are far from our understanding. Behind all of life and all of history there is a purpose, set by the hand of a just and faithful God."
Or the State of the Union in 2003:
"We Americans have faith in ourselves, but not in ourselves alone. We do not know, we do not claim to know all the ways of providence, yet we can trust in them, placing our confidence in the loving God behind all of life and all of history."

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #134 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Um, what?
You need to look at the numbers again, son.

And BTW re:Katrina ... two words for you: SCHOOLBUS NAGIN. And seven more: "fifty years of Democrat control in Louisiana."

Longest running bull market in history. I think you need to look at the numbers again son.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #135 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

1. Prove it.

2. True, but that is played up in the media quite a bit. I also ask how important that is. Should it be a major foreign policy goal for the World to love us?

3. Patently false.

4. Dubious assertion. Name one freedom you personally no longer have.

5. Partially true. The question is whether or not that's acceptable. Based on what I see, it's acceptable to me give the threat we face. I also don't think the privacy issues are as unprecedented as you claim.

6. That's the same as #2. I also think it's overstated. Our reputation is not "shot." Our intel credibility took a hit, that's for sure.

7. See #6. Also, if you're taking issue with that you have to take issue with the Israelis, the Brits, the French, Germans and Russians. They all thought he had WMDs too.

8. I think that's overstated as well. Clearly there has been mismanagement and mistakes have been made. I don't know that you can use the term incompetent.

9. See above. That was more of local and state problem.

10. Whoah. As much as I favor price regulation on gas, the oil companies are in fact making far less than the government is. What specific actions do you propose? You also realize these are private corporations, yes? Do you think we ought to control Wal-Mart's profits too?

11. There has been some progress, depending on how its defined. We have HSAs now and a medicare prescrip bill. I don't favor the latter, but since it sounds like you're a Universal Healthcare guy (very bad idea, btw), you should be pleased.

12. Agreed with that completely, but Congress also shares a lot of the blame.

13. I don't know what that means exactly. Do you mean the judicial appointment process? I don't see how Bush politicized it anymore than it would have been. I think you're just pissed that two conservative justices got confirmed.

14. I will partially agree with that, given that you acknowledge that the media would NEVER ask President Clinton to admit his policy mistakes in a press conference in the East Room...like they did with Bush. Also, Bush feels many of his decisions are the right ones, even if you disagree. Regardless, I don't see how listing off one's mistakes is necessarily productive for a President leading a global war on terror. What does that accomplish, other than allowing liberals to gloat?

Click, click, click, and return.


And SDW all you've said we've been over numous times. I'll give you a hint : You were wrong you just wouldn't admit it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #136 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Do we have to go through this again?

Bush feels that he is on a mission from God, and that is the most frightening position any leader of a major power could take.


Yes we do because that's SDW's stratigy. Stuff we've covered until we were blue in the face. And when backed into a corner he doesn't like the source of the info or he just doesn't agree and starts spouting some rhetorical line of BS he read on some conservatively biased site.

So in the end you give up through bordom, realizing he's never going to admit he's wrong so it's pointless.

Well Bush is going away in disgrace. His numbers are very low and this will affect the next election. History will not look fondly on him.

This will happen with or wihout SDW.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #137 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Longest running bull market in history. I think you need to look at the numbers again son.

You see, that is where you guys swerve into whacko land. In your blind hatred of a President, you cannot see that the economy is kicking all ass under his direction and tax policies. You just cannot bring yourselves to say ONE DECENT THING about ANYTHING Jorge Boosh has done.

Go look up the numbers, and not just the stock market. Then come back at admit that the Bush tax cuts for everyone WORKED.

<not holding my breath>
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #138 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

You see, that is where you guys swerve into whacko land. In your blind hatred of a President, you cannot see that the economy is kicking all ass under his direction and tax policies. You just cannot bring yourselves to say ONE DECENT THING about ANYTHING Jorge Boosh has done.

Go look up the numbers, and not just the stock market. Then come back at admit that the Bush tax cuts for everyone WORKED.

<not holding my breath>

Uh yeah.

" only look at the numbers that support my argument ".
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #139 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Uh yeah.

" only look at the numbers that support my argument ".

<too bad I don't have a "middle finger" emoticon...can we get that added?>


Thanks for making my point... you cannot bring yourself to admit how well the economy is doing. That wouldn't support your view that you have a right to control your fellow citizens through Big Government Liberal taxation. You hate people having their own money... it's OK, we know.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #140 of 455
I seem to find evidence that the economy is stalling... talk of flagging growth...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070531...5Kmlsbncvv5rEF

However, economic changes do not happen overnight...

Then there is the problem of credit:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...fer=news_index

The dems say:
http://democrats.senate.gov/dpc/dpc-...me=fs-110-1-70

Even Faux questions the guy:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,109026,00.html

The good old Guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,922217,00.html


Then there is The Truth About George:
http://www.thetruthaboutgeorge.com/economy/index.html

About the mistrust of the US, live in a foreign country pre-Bush and now and you will hear a very vocal outcry against the US that was not present pre-Bush. It is amazing how vocal lots of Japanese are (though normally very reserved) against the US and Bush.

If you don't want to take my word for it:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/06/13/news/pew1.php

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #141 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

<too bad I don't have a "middle finger" emoticon...can we get that added?>


Thanks for making my point... you cannot bring yourself to admit how well the economy is doing. That wouldn't support your view that you have a right to control your fellow citizens through Big Government Liberal taxation. You hate people having their own money... it's OK, we know.

From 2004,

Quote:
The latest Gallup survey finds the American public mood in one of the most negative states since President George W. Bush took office. Satisfaction with the way things are going in the country is tied for the lowest level of Bushs presidency, as is his overall job approval rating. Bush's approval ratings on his handling of the economy, foreign affairs, the situation in Iraq, and terrorism are all at the lowest levels ever.

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?CI=11602

Now,

Quote:
Fully 7 in 10 Americans now say the economy is getting worse, the most negative reading in nearly six years.

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27922

The "I'm alright, fuck you " crap is just that, crap.
post #142 of 455
[QUOTE=SDW2001;1098169]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post


No. Not to the point. That IS the point, jimmac. Your posts are never to the point.

Is this to the point?

Quote:
According to a report released this week by the U.N.'s refugee agency, there were 1.4 million Iraqi refugees at the end of 2006, most of them in Syria and Jordan. Another 1.8 million Iraqis were displaced inside their own country, according to the report by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....iraqrefugees/

Quote:
The United Nations refugee agency UNHCR estimates a further 1.5 million Iraqis have crossed into neighbouring countries like Syria and Jordan where they are officially classed as refugees.

Jointly, this tide has created the largest exodus in the region since the Palestinians were uprooted when Israel was founded in 1948. However, the Iraqis who remain inside the country may be the most vulnerable.

http://www.reuters.com/article/homep...7143._CH_.2400

Quote:
Back home in Iraq, Umm Hiba's daughter was a devout schoolgirl, modest in her dress and serious about her studies. Hiba, who is now 16, wore the hijab, or Islamic head scarf, and rose early each day to say the dawn prayer before classes.

But that was before militias began threatening their Baghdad neighborhood and Umm Hiba and her daughter fled to Syria last spring. There were no jobs, and Umm Hiba's elderly father developed complications related to his diabetes.

Desperate, Umm Hiba followed the advice of an Iraqi acquaintance and took her daughter to work at a nightclub along a highway known for prostitution. ''We Iraqis used to be a proud people,'' she said over the frantic blare of the club's speakers. She pointed out her daughter, dancing among about two dozen other girls on the stage, wearing a pink silk dress with spaghetti straps, her frail shoulders bathed in colored light.

As Umm Hiba watched, a middle-aged man climbed onto the platform and began to dance jerkily, arms flailing, among the girls.

http://select.nytimes.com/search/res...AC0894DF404482

And you try to charge Carter with fucking up the Middle East?
How could you possibly defend this level of incompetence.
post #143 of 455
[QUOTE=screener;1099737]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

And you try to charge Carter with fucking up the Middle East?
How could you possibly defend this level of incompetence.

I haven't felt so crest-fallen with this whole Iraq shit until I saw this...



US finds neglected Iraqi orphans

Quote:
Two dozen boys have been found starved and neglected at a government-run orphanage for special needs children in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad.

The children were discovered last week by a US military advisory team that was out on patrol with Iraqi soldiers.

Don't get me wrong. This has nothing to do with our soldiers.

Quote:
Lt Duperre said the soldiers found three members of staff cooking for themselves when they entered the orphanage.

Inside was a kitchen full of food and a storeroom stocked with piles of brand-new clothing.

The soldiers believed it was being sold to local markets instead of giving it to the disabled children.

The orphanage's caretaker, who had a well-kept office, and two women employees have since disappeared.

This has to do with the total non-planning of reparations and rebuilding of Iraq. Nothing has sunk my heart so low.
post #144 of 455
[QUOTE=@_@ Artman;1099751]
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post


I haven't felt so crest-fallen with this whole Iraq shit until I saw this...



US finds neglected Iraqi orphans



Don't get me wrong. This has nothing to do with our soldiers.



This has to do with the total non-planning of reparations and rebuilding of Iraq. Nothing has sunk my heart so low.

I saw this on CNN today, I was dismayed and disgusted.
post #145 of 455
Just 580 more days, people. (If Shrub continues to elude impeachment) I only hope Iraq can survive that long as a country. I'm seriously beginning to doubt it.



As a general response to the thread, IMHO Bush is a sociopath, not just your average idiot. (I've stood by this article 100% since I first came across it in 2002)

Quote:
One of the most important disorders is the antisocial, sociopathic, or psychopathic personality disorder. This disorder is chiefly characterized by a personal history of chronic and continuous antisocial behaviour in which the rights of others are violated. Poor or nonexistent job performance is another major indicator. Persons with antisocial personality disorder make up a significant portion of the criminal and delinquent elements of society. Besides persistent criminality, the symptoms may also include sexual promiscuity or sexual aggression and drug addiction or alcoholism. Sociopaths generally accept their behaviour as natural, feel no guilt when they hurt others, see little reason for or possibility of change, and resist therapy. Encyclopedia Britannica, "personality disorder".
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #146 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

<too bad I don't have a "middle finger" emoticon...can we get that added?>


Thanks for making my point... you cannot bring yourself to admit how well the economy is doing. That wouldn't support your view that you have a right to control your fellow citizens through Big Government Liberal taxation. You hate people having their own money... it's OK, we know.


According to the experts ( not you ) a few months ago we were possibly headed for another recession.

As far as you knowing what I and others think you're full of it and yourself.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #147 of 455
And of course there's this again.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/....ap/index.html

Just a blind ass. That's what we've got for a leader.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #148 of 455
[QUOTE=screener;1099737]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


Is this to the point?



http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....iraqrefugees/



http://www.reuters.com/article/homep...7143._CH_.2400



http://select.nytimes.com/search/res...AC0894DF404482

And you try to charge Carter with fucking up the Middle East?
How could you possibly defend this level of incompetence.

That's odd. That post was originally by SDW.

But above it says jimmac.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #149 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

According to the experts ( not you ) a few months ago we were possibly headed for another recession.

As far as you knowing what I and others think you're full of it and yourself.

Ooooo! Good one!
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #150 of 455
And of course there's this ALL TIME LOW.
Lower than the days before the Republicans cleaned out the house in 1994. Even that sellout Bush has better approval numbers.

Go Reid! Go Nancy! Goooooooo Team!

We've just elected 'em and we already hate em.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #151 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Is it, really?


http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../06/bush.shtml


http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...075950,00.html


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2921345.stm


http://www.beliefnet.com/story/159/story_15962_1.html

From:
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/159/story_15943_2.html

Here is September 20th, 2001:
"Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty have always been at war, and God is not neutral between them."
Or the National Prayer Breakfast in 2003:
"We can also take comfort in the ways of providence, even when they are far from our understanding. Behind all of life and all of history there is a purpose, set by the hand of a just and faithful God."
Or the State of the Union in 2003:
"We Americans have faith in ourselves, but not in ourselves alone. We do not know, we do not claim to know all the ways of providence, yet we can trust in them, placing our confidence in the loving God behind all of life and all of history."

Man, trying to explain this issue to atheist or agnostic liberals is getting tiresome.

I'm sure Bush does feel that God has chosen him to lead the nation during this time. And if one is a person of faith, you know that to be true. All people of faith are on "missions from God." We believe God uses people for his purposes, which are not always clear at the time. God put me where I am, has a plan for me, etc. I have free will and I can choose not to follow, but that results in difficulties in various forms.

Of course, Bush is portrayed as a religious zealot imposing his faith on the world. I find that ridiculous, but hey, that's me.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #152 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yes we do because that's SDW's stratigy. Stuff we've covered until we were blue in the face. And when backed into a corner he doesn't like the source of the info or he just doesn't agree and starts spouting some rhetorical line of BS he read on some conservatively biased site.

So in the end you give up through bordom, realizing he's never going to admit he's wrong so it's pointless.

Well Bush is going away in disgrace. His numbers are very low and this will affect the next election. History will not look fondly on him.

This will happen with or wihout SDW.

You are an absolute caricature of yourself at this point. Everything, literally everything you just said about me is actually true of you. I make points and justify them with data and/or anecdotal evidence, which labeled as such when I use it. I have reasons for all of political positions, and I'm happy to explain my thinking to those that are interested.

But you? You want to talk rhetoric? Here's an example of your greatest hits:

"Obama would probably do things SDW doesn't support, you know, things to help the disadvantaged."

"No one is buying today SDW"

"Here in Oregon, the economy..."

"Yeah, but things aren't as good as they should be."


That's just for starts. You're vague, unsupported and sometimes outright stupid statements have become nothing short of amusing.

Quote:
Bergermeister: I seem to find evidence that the economy is stalling... talk of flagging growth...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070531...5Kmlsbncvv5rEF

However, economic changes do not happen overnight...

Then there is the problem of credit:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...fer=news_index

Growth may be slowing. After 6 years of expansion.
Of course the Dems say that. What's good for them is bad for the country. I used to think that was because they were out of power. But no, it's just true in general.
Quote:

I don't support the Bush Amnesty plan. Regardless, I think that's stretching the topic of the overall economy a bit. It's an editorial and it's speculative to boot.

Worthless article from a worthless, stupendously biased paper. From 2003.

Quote:
Then there is The Truth About George:
http://www.thetruthaboutgeorge.com/economy/index.html

Point?

Quote:

About the mistrust of the US, live in a foreign country pre-Bush and now and you will hear a very vocal outcry against the US that was not present pre-Bush. It is amazing how vocal lots of Japanese are (though normally very reserved) against the US and Bush.

If you don't want to take my word for it:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/06/13/news/pew1.php

Bush is unpopular. We all know. It's become chic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

From 2004,


http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?CI=11602

Now,


http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27922

The "I'm alright, fuck you " crap is just that, crap.

Whatever....the American people have not realized the state of the economy during the entire Bush Administration, despite record low unemployment, low interest rates, tax cuts, strong consumer spending on average, etc. Hmmm...I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Dems and MSM bashing the economy and Bush in general for 4 straight years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

Just 580 more days, people. (If Shrub continues to elude impeachment) I only hope Iraq can survive that long as a country. I'm seriously beginning to doubt it.



As a general response to the thread, IMHO Bush is a sociopath, not just your average idiot. (I've stood by this article 100% since I first came across it in 2002)

You're speaking of psychological disorders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

According to the experts ( not you ) a few months ago we were possibly headed for another recession.

As far as you knowing what I and others think you're full of it and yourself.

What experts? And what do they say now? Even if we do hit a recession, I would like to know what in your opinion would have caused it beyond the natural business cycle. Can you cite specific policies? Will you at least acknowledge the overall robust economy for the last 6 years? What do you attribute the post-2001 recovery to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And of course there's this again.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/....ap/index.html

Just a blind ass. That's what we've got for a leader.

Yeah, he's a blind ass because you disagree with him. Nice. He doesn't want to federally fund new stem cell lines because he thinks it crosses a moral line that you happen to disagree with. Of course, you should get to make that decision no matter what the rest of us rednecks think. Gotcha. Somehow I don't hear you talking about the fact that Bush is the first president to federally fund embryonic stem cell research at all.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #153 of 455
The problem is that Bush believes he is following the course God has set out for him, but look at all the trouble his efforts are begetting! They are very, very, very apparent, except to the intellectually blind.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #154 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You are an absolute caricature of yourself at this point. Everything, literally everything you just said about me is actually true of you. I make points and justify them with data and/or anecdotal evidence, which labeled as such when I use it. I have reasons for all of political positions, and I'm happy to explain my thinking to those that are interested.

But you? You want to talk rhetoric? Here's an example of your greatest hits:

"Obama would probably do things SDW doesn't support, you know, things to help the disadvantaged."

"No one is buying today SDW"

"Here in Oregon, the economy..."

"Yeah, but things aren't as good as they should be."


That's just for starts. You're vague, unsupported and sometimes outright stupid statements have become nothing short of amusing.



Growth may be slowing. After 6 years of expansion.

Of course the Dems say that. What's good for them is bad for the country. I used to think that was because they were out of power. But no, it's just true in general.

I don't support the Bush Amnesty plan. Regardless, I think that's stretching the topic of the overall economy a bit. It's an editorial and it's speculative to boot.


Worthless article from a worthless, stupendously biased paper. From 2003.



Point?



Bush is unpopular. We all know. It's become chic.



Whatever....the American people have not realized the state of the economy during the entire Bush Administration, despite record low unemployment, low interest rates, tax cuts, strong consumer spending on average, etc. Hmmm...I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Dems and MSM bashing the economy and Bush in general for 4 straight years.



You're speaking of psychological disorders?



What experts? And what do they say now? Even if we do hit a recession, I would like to know what in your opinion would have caused it beyond the natural business cycle. Can you cite specific policies? Will you at least acknowledge the overall robust economy for the last 6 years? What do you attribute the post-2001 recovery to?



Yeah, he's a blind ass because you disagree with him. Nice. He doesn't want to federally fund new stem cell lines because he thinks it crosses a moral line that you happen to disagree with. Of course, you should get to make that decision no matter what the rest of us rednecks think. Gotcha. Somehow I don't hear you talking about the fact that Bush is the first president to federally fund embryonic stem cell research at all.


SDW you're about as lame as it gets. During the last recession it took some parts of the country forever to recover. Many had tough economic times long after they declared the recession was over. And compared to other good times economically speaking this has been better but it's not the stellar picture you would paint. You guys say it was the tax cuts? Well I say it took so long for the recovery it might as well of been that we recovered naturally and the cuts really didn't affect it at all.

By the way if things are so great now we wouldn't be seeing headlines like this :

http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/21/mark...ion=2007062108
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #155 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post


By the way if things are so great now we wouldn't be seeing headlines like this :

http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/21/mark...ion=2007062108

OMFG! You mean the market goes up AND down from day to day? Holy shit, dave! Get the camera!
Only you, jimmac, would make such a silly argument... the DOW dropped by a small increment for a few days? The economy is tanking! The economy is tanking!

I hereby reserve the right to remind you that you are wrong about everything when the DOW goes up *one* day.

And as far as tax cuts, what do you have against people keeping more of what they earn?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #156 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You are an absolute caricature of yourself at this point. Everything, literally everything you just said about me is actually true of you. I make points and justify them with data and/or anecdotal evidence, which labeled as such when I use it. I have reasons for all of political positions, and I'm happy to explain my thinking to those that are interested.

But you? You want to talk rhetoric? Here's an example of your greatest hits:

"Obama would probably do things SDW doesn't support, you know, things to help the disadvantaged."
"No one is buying today SDW"
"Here in Oregon, the economy..."
"Yeah, but things aren't as good as they should be."

That's just for starts. You're vague, unsupported and sometimes outright stupid statements have become nothing short of amusing.
.

Don't forget those glittering jewels he "nailed me" with... that I do not "let him finish" when he is posting (typing ???) and that by responding too quickly to his post that I am somehow a loser without a life waiting to "pounce" on his vacuous posts. Peep that- a poster on a board talking about how people who post on the same board are losers for posting. A true classic for the ages.


Never leave, jimmac, and never change. We so enjoy all of this. We're all about your stratigy.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #157 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Don't forget those glittering jewels he "nailed me" with... that I do not "let him finish" when he is posting (typing ???) and that by responding too quickly to his post that I am somehow a loser without a life waiting to "pounce" on his vacuous posts. Peep that- a poster on a board talking about how people who post on the same board are losers for posting. A true classic for the ages.


Never leave, jimmac, and never change. We so enjoy all of this. We're all about your stratigy.


Well it really doesn't matter how much in denial you guys are. At the end of the day the rest of the world ( most ) knows what scumbag Bush is. Also you want to talk about the low numbers for congress? Well the low approval is because of not enough action against Bush! So where is your logic here? The american people want us out of Iraq now! Bush vetos it and congress decides to hold off on the big attack for now for political reasons.

The only classic here is people who can apparently read the facts don't ( or won't ) understand them!

As far as your personal attack I'm simply stating that maybe you should get a life.

I really think the only reason you continue to harp on that subject of pouncing ( which I haven't said for quite a while now ) is it's the only ammo you've got. And it's poor at that.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #158 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well it really doesn't matter how much in denial you guys are. At the end of the day the rest of the world ( most ) knows what scumbag Bush is. Also you want to talk about the low numbers for congress? Well the low approval is because of not enough action against Bush! So where is your logic here? The american people want us out of Iraq now! Bush vetos it and congress decides to hold off on the big attack for now for political reasons.

The only classic here is people who can apparently read the facts don't ( or won't ) understand them!

As far as your personal attack I'm simply stating that maybe you should get a life.

Weak. Just Weak. But completely expected.

You want to hear that Bush is a scumbag? Sure, I'll bite. He's really fucked up a lot of things.
You 2D moron, you. You have nothing to say but "No-life-having-pouncing-not-letting-me-finish-Bush-Lover."
I could give a shit about Bush. He's old news to most of us around here. Sorry I'm not "down on Dubya" as much as you're little mind would like. Laughable.

I'm sorry that you previous behaviour and infantile posts here echo... it is WHO YOU ARE.

Oh, and I'm sorry I "didn't let you finish"... you needed to go back and add this:

Quote:
I really think the only reason you continue to harp on that subject of pouncing ( which I haven't said for quite a while now ) is it's the only ammo you've got. And it's poor at that.

OK, that's better.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #159 of 455
Bush Bashing, if you're liberal = lame and so 2000-2005

Bush Bashing, if you're conservative = finally acceptable to do in public and/or on the interweb blogoforumnet.
post #160 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Weak. Just Weak. But completely expected.

You want to hear that Bush is a scumbag? Sure, I'll bite. He's really fucked up a lot of things.
You 2D moron, you. You have nothing to say but "No-life-having-pouncing-not-letting-me-finish-Bush-Lover."
I could give a shit about Bush. He's old news to most of us around here. Sorry I'm not "down on Dubya" as much as you're little mind would like. Laughable.

I'm sorry that you previous behaviour and infantile posts here echo... it is WHO YOU ARE.

Oh, and I'm sorry I "didn't let you finish"... you needed to go back and add this:



OK, that's better.

You could " give a shit about Bush " but are a strong supporter in your comments. Like Addabox said you're pretty easy to figure out. You're full of personal attack but empty on real facts.

Facts :

We're still in Iraq.

There was no real reason to go to Iraq. No WMD found. The Iraqi people don't even want us there. And now it's clear we are doing no good there and actually causing harm. And how much has it cost us in lives, dollars, and respect around the world?

We still haven't caught OSBL. And Bush continues to try to tie Iraq in with 911 to support his actions.

Bush believes in wiretapping even in the face of it being deemed unconstitutional.

Bush also believes it's ok to rewrite laws to favor his past actions.

During his 2 terms he has done more to undermine our freedoms through homeland security and other programs than any other president.

We are in serious debt as a nation. This is after coming into Bush's administration with a surplus! Something we hadn't had in years.

I could go on but his mismanegement and misdeeds are too numourus to mention ( again ) here.

The republicans continue to support that loser Bush even though it's clear through his own actions he could give a rip about them.

Since they support him what can we expect from a republican president again?
Answer : More of the same.

Can 3rd party candidates expect to win against a republican in the up coming election?
Answer : Not even close! So the net effect would be that said votes would subtract from any chance of a viable party winning against the republicans. We would get nowhere.

There's nothing " 2D " about me. I simply realize a 3rd party can't win this time and we need to get out of this deep rut the republicans have made for us. The only other alternative is the democrats. While they aren't without fault they are a hell of a lot better than the current republican alternatives.

Now you can go on making your personal attacks but it won't change the facts I've stated here.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history