or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GW Bush the worst president in US history - Page 5  

post #161 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

And of course there's this ALL TIME LOW.
Lower than the days before the Republicans cleaned out the house in 1994. Even that sellout Bush has better approval numbers.

Go Reid! Go Nancy! Goooooooo Team!

We've just elected 'em and we already hate em.

Nothinig will prevent your blind hatred for Democrats in Congress.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #162 of 455
Even Trumptman's not dumb enough to crow about this economy. He's been predicting a collapse of the economy in 2008. And he very well might be right.

Oh, and the housing market is taking a dump.

Sub prime mortgages have crashed and burned.

Wages are STILL stagnant and hovering at 2001 rates.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #163 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

You 2D moron, you.

That's rich. And spoken without a shred of irony.

Jubelum's word, "All you Bush haters can't see beyond your own blind hatred of the president. Oh, and Pilosi's cunt."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #164 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

That's rich. And spoken without a shred of irony.

Jubelum's word, "All you Bush haters can't see beyond your own blind hatred of the president. Oh, and Pilosi's cunt."

Nothing. That is what Northgate knows.

You know nothing of what I think of Pelosi. Just your own fantasy. Pelosi has brought a number of worthwhile issues to the forefront. I'm just less than impressed with her ultimate goals and unwillingness to follow through on her transparency pledge.

ASS-U-ME
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #165 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Nothinig will prevent your blind hatred for Democrats in Congress.

Meh. Whatever.

I don't like Socialism or those that push it. I'm forthright about that.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #166 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Now you can go on making your personal attacks but it won't change the facts I've stated here.

*yawn*

You're wrong. Thanks for playing.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #167 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Meh. Whatever.

I don't like Socialism or those that push it. I'm forthright about that.

It seems Americans aren't to thrilled with HMO's either, from your link,

Quote:
Congress is now nestled at the bottom of the list of Gallup's annual Confidence in Institutions rankings, along with HMOs. Just 15% of Americans have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in HMOs.

How do you feel about health care being run as a money maker?
Americans, as I pointed out in another thread, spend more per capita than just about anyone else, and still have 40 million plus not covered.

You oughta be ashamed.
post #168 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

You oughta be ashamed.

NO shame at all in letting the market work. No shame in letting people make their own decisions for coverage. No shame at all for not advocating antoher big-government money-wasting and destructive entitlement that our kids cannot afford.

I just went to court with an insurance company. And my HMO is not my favorite entity either. And my doctor's visits would not cost as much to me or the insurance company if people like John Edwards were not running around making US pay for their third homes.

If you think that government interference in the market will do anything but raise prices, ration care, and destroy the entire system, I cannot help you. Everything the government gets in the business of doing, soon leads to the revelation that it can be done better and cheaper in the private sector.

We need to help those that cannot help themselves. And let those that CHOOSE NOT to help themselves fall. Period. We as a nation cannot afford any other way.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #169 of 455
Sounds great on a bumper sticker. But ultimately meaningless.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #170 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

*yawn*

You're wrong. Thanks for playing.

If I'd been wrong you would have commented on my post and made a convincing counter argument and not your usual sophistry. That's the way it works bucko.

But thanks for helping to prove my point.


I'm not wrong.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #171 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

But thanks for helping to prove my point.

Classic.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #172 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

If I'd been wrong you would have commented on my post and made a convincing counter argument. That's the way it works bucko.

There really is not point in arguing with your particular world-view. Your mind is made up, and you throw all the cat turds in your sandbox when someone no longer gives a shit about reading your predictable party-line talking points. So I am thusly relieving myself of the duty of responding to each of your silly little misguided bullet points. Not worth the time because there is never any middle ground or exchange with you. None. Ever.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #173 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

There really is not point in arguing with your particular world-view. Your mind is made up, and you throw all the cat turds in your sandbox when someone no longer gives a shit about reading your predictable party-line talking points. So I am thusly relieving myself of the duty of responding to each of your silly little misguided bullet points. Not worth the time because there is never any middle ground or exchange with you. None. Ever.


Read your post Jube! The whole thing is a talking point!

You still haven't made a single counter argument to mine. My guess is you can't.

Sorry to get you by the short hairs on this one but you asked for it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #174 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Read your post Jube! The whole thing is a talking point!

You still haven't made a single counter argument to mine. My guess is you can't.

Albert Einstein in a bathrobe.

You missed the 4 year old "Nanny nanny boo boo."
Respond to your trite arguments? For what?
I'd have to see a real value or purpose. Can't seem to find one. No progress. Ever.

Ooops, maybe I didn't let you finish...

*note- post held for 5 minutes so as not to "pounce."
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #175 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Albert Einstein in a bathrobe.

You missed the 4 year old "Nanny nanny boo boo."
Respond to your trite arguments? For what?
I'd have to see a real value or purpose. Can't seem to find one. No progress. Ever.

Ooops, maybe I didn't let you finish...

*note- post held for 5 minutes so as not to "pounce."

As I've said before with SDW you're just typing with no content.

Click, click, click, and return.

How's that for pouncing?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #176 of 455
Don't you just love laying down some facts, backing someone logically into a corner and the best they can do is say " I'm above commenting to you on that ".
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #177 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Don't you just love laying down some facts, backing someone logically into a corner and the best they can do is say " I'm above commenting to you on that ".

jim, you are truly a legend in your own mind. You have no logic, that's the difference.
Show me one bit of "logic" in your posts... real, substantive logical pleadings. There are none.

Arguing with you is like winning a gold medal in the Special Olympics.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #178 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

jim, you are truly a legend in your own mind. You have no logic, that's the difference.
Show me one bit of "logic" in your posts... real, substantive logical pleadings. There are none.

Arguing with you is like winning a gold medal in the Special Olympics.

And still with the personal attacks and no substance!

If you're right then prove me wrong.

Click, click, click........

However since we've spent sooooooo much time watching you squirm I'll post what I said again for your convenience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" You could " give a shit about Bush " but are a strong supporter in your comments. Like Addabox said you're pretty easy to figure out. You're full of personal attack but empty on real facts.

Facts :

We're still in Iraq.

There was no real reason to go to Iraq. No WMD found. The Iraqi people don't even want us there. And now it's clear we are doing no good there and actually causing harm. And how much has it cost us in lives, dollars, and respect around the world?

We still haven't caught OSBL. And Bush continues to try to tie Iraq in with 911 to support his actions.

Bush believes in wiretapping even in the face of it being deemed unconstitutional.

Bush also believes it's ok to rewrite laws to favor his past actions.

During his 2 terms he has done more to undermine our freedoms through homeland security and other programs than any other president.

We are in serious debt as a nation. This is after coming into Bush's administration with a surplus! Something we hadn't had in years.

I could go on but his mismanegement and misdeeds are too numourus to mention ( again ) here.

The republicans continue to support that loser Bush even though it's clear through his own actions he could give a rip about them.

Since they support him what can we expect from a republican president again?
Answer : More of the same.

Can 3rd party candidates expect to win against a republican in the up coming election?
Answer : Not even close! So the net effect would be that said votes would subtract from any chance of a viable party winning against the republicans. We would get nowhere.

There's nothing " 2D " about me. I simply realize a 3rd party can't win this time and we need to get out of this deep rut the republicans have made for us. The only other alternative is the democrats. While they aren't without fault they are a hell of a lot better than the current republican alternatives.

Now you can go on making your personal attacks but it won't change the facts I've stated here. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your move.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #179 of 455
The Bush Whitehouse...

Quote:
"Not everything we've done has been illegal."

Classic.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #180 of 455
Well here we are again.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19352087/site/newsweek/

These numbers speak for themselves.

Bush supporters enjoy!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #181 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

The Bush Whitehouse...



Classic.

" He mixes lies with the truth! "
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #182 of 455
Just today Bush was crying that the new MPG standards the senate wants to pass are to much for the poor domestic auto industry who learned nothing from the 70's and worked their butts off making cars out of trucks so they could circumvent epa rules,regulations and mpg standards. Just another great example of the worst president in our History.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #183 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

SDW you're about as lame as it gets. During the last recession it took some parts of the country forever to recover. Many had tough economic times long after they declared the recession was over. And compared to other good times economically speaking this has been better but it's not the stellar picture you would paint. You guys say it was the tax cuts? Well I say it took so long for the recovery it might as well of been that we recovered naturally and the cuts really didn't affect it at all.

By the way if things are so great now we wouldn't be seeing headlines like this :

http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/21/mark...ion=2007062108

Are you just dicking around or are you actually that stupid? You picked a single headline and tried to make it seem as if it is indicative of the state of the overall US economy.

As for the recovery: We had a very short recession historically speaking. The tax cuts allowed the middle class, which drives consumer spending, to keep and therefore spend more of their money. Revenues went up too, despite all the talk about "tax cuts for the rich."

Finally, I'd like to thank you for illustrating perfectly your insistence on using vague and subjective statements. You're the king of weasel words. "Some" areas of the country---which ones? "Took forever"---how long is "forever"? How long would be acceptable? By what criteria do you measure recovery? If the economy is better than other "good" economic times, then how good would you say it is? The fact is I've never claimed things are "stellar." It is you who tried to put those words in my mouth. As for tax cuts, I'd like to know how you support your assertion that they did not aid the recovery. I'm listening. Sorry, I'm not about to take your word for it because you happen to be "older and wiser" and "listen, SDW, I was around in the 1970s."
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #184 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well it really doesn't matter how much in denial you guys are. At the end of the day the rest of the world ( most ) knows what scumbag Bush is. Also you want to talk about the low numbers for congress? Well the low approval is because of not enough action against Bush! So where is your logic here? The american people want us out of Iraq now! Bush vetos it and congress decides to hold off on the big attack for now for political reasons.

No, wrong. The American people have had enough of Congress on many issues, including immigration.
Quote:
The only classic here is people who can apparently read the facts don't ( or won't ) understand them!

I don't think you'd know a fact if it bit you in the ass.
Quote:
As far as your personal attack I'm simply stating that maybe you should get a life.

I really think the only reason you continue to harp on that subject of pouncing ( which I haven't said for quite a while now ) is it's the only ammo you've got. And it's poor at that.

Not directed at me, so you guys can have at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You could " give a shit about Bush " but are a strong supporter in your comments. Like Addabox said you're pretty easy to figure out. You're full of personal attack but empty on real facts.

Jubelum doesn't sound a like a supporter at all. He sounds like a conservative.

Quote:
Facts :

We're still in Iraq.

No shit. That took a while to figure out, I imagine.
Quote:

There was no real reason to go to Iraq. No WMD found. The Iraqi people don't even want us there. And now it's clear we are doing no good there and actually causing harm. And how much has it cost us in lives, dollars, and respect around the world?

We thought there was a reason, unless you subscribe to the Bush Lied wack-a-doodle conspiracy theory. I disagree we're doing no good now. We have to try and stabilize things, regardless of whether or not you supported going in the first place. Mistakes have been made, things haven't gone well....but that doesn't mean we should just close shop and let Al-Queda take over.

Quote:
We still haven't caught OSBL. And Bush continues to try to tie Iraq in with 911 to support his actions.

Agreed with part one. Part two is a lie. [/quote]

Quote:
Bush believes in wiretapping even in the face of it being deemed unconstitutional.

That's a stretch. The NSA program has not been declared unconstitutional by the USSC. And yes, he believes in it. Given the war we're in, so do I.

Quote:
Bush also believes it's ok to rewrite laws to favor his past actions.

I don't know what that means

Quote:
During his 2 terms he has done more to undermine our freedoms through homeland security and other programs than any other president.

Rhetorical nonsense. Name one freedom you have lost, then explain why such a modification is not needed when we are at war with an enemy that wishes to destroy Western Civilization and our way of life.

Quote:
We are in serious debt as a nation. This is after coming into Bush's administration with a surplus! Something we hadn't had in years.

We've been in serious debt for 100 years. Bush inherited a recession, and 8 months into his Presidency was faced with 9/11. Despite rising expenditures (which I agree MUST be reduced), the deficit is falling dramatically.

Quote:
I could go on but his mismanegement and misdeeds are too numourus to mention ( again ) here.

No really, I insist.

Quote:
The republicans continue to support that loser Bush even though it's clear through his own actions he could give a rip about them.

First, I will thank you not to call the President of the United States a "loser." It's cheap and demonstrates a disrespect for not only the man, but the office.

Secondly, I agree Bush has pissed off conservatives. See my blog. I'm not about to call the man a "loser" though.

Quote:
Since they support him what can we expect from a republican president again?
Answer : More of the same.

Are you honestly that polarized? You just got done saying Bush has alienated conservatives. Now the next Republican will govern just like him?

Quote:
Can 3rd party candidates expect to win against a republican in the up coming election?
Answer : Not even close! So the net effect would be that said votes would subtract from any chance of a viable party winning against the republicans. We would get nowhere.

That's likely true.

Quote:
There's nothing " 2D " about me. I simply realize a 3rd party can't win this time and we need to get out of this deep rut the republicans have made for us. The only other alternative is the democrats. While they aren't without fault they are a hell of a lot better than the current republican alternatives.

Now you can go on making your personal attacks but it won't change the facts I've stated here.

You've not stated facts so much as you have stated opinions. The one immediately above I happen to disagree with. I don't think we're in a "rut." I just disagree with Republican actions right now.

But the Dems? What have they proposed that you agree with? They have accomplished precisely ZERO since taking office. They've told the troops in battle that they've already lost, then continued to keep them there. They've not had ethics reform They've not passed a real immigration bill. They haven't even changed their work week. Now, they have investigated for the sake of investigating. They've proposed a nice fat middle class tax increase. They've said they want to pass a big tax on Big Oil. That's what they've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Read your post Jube! The whole thing is a talking point!

You still haven't made a single counter argument to mine. My guess is you can't.

Sorry to get you by the short hairs on this one but you asked for it.

1. False. Not even close to a talking point.

2. Uh yeah. I think he can.

3. Yeah, you really nailed him. Kudos.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #185 of 455
Still trying to defend our fascist president? Some people never learn. Thats sad. Bush's poll numbers are now worse then Carters and almost down to Nixons. That means 23% of the people are just stupid,ignorant, or dont pay attention to anything the control freaks in govt do. Now his VP Cheney is saying he's not part of the executive branch??? These guys make Nixon look like a Saint.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #186 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Are you just dicking around or are you actually that stupid? You picked a single headline and tried to make it seem as if it is indicative of the state of the overall US economy.

As for the recovery: We had a very short recession historically speaking. The tax cuts allowed the middle class, which drives consumer spending, to keep and therefore spend more of their money. Revenues went up too, despite all the talk about "tax cuts for the rich."

Finally, I'd like to thank you for illustrating perfectly your insistence on using vague and subjective statements. You're the king of weasel words. "Some" areas of the country---which ones? "Took forever"---how long is "forever"? How long would be acceptable? By what criteria do you measure recovery? If the economy is better than other "good" economic times, then how good would you say it is? The fact is I've never claimed things are "stellar." It is you who tried to put those words in my mouth. As for tax cuts, I'd like to know how you support your assertion that they did not aid the recovery. I'm listening. Sorry, I'm not about to take your word for it because you happen to be "older and wiser" and "listen, SDW, I was around in the 1970s."


Blah, blah, blah.

Man you keep spouting the same gibberish don't you?

What I was pointing out was that there are signs that the economy is not as rosy as you paint. And could turn worse. What I sighted wasn't the only one and you know it.

Also I was around and an adult in the 70's and had to deal with these things first hand. You weren't.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #187 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

No, wrong. The American people have had enough of Congress on many issues, including immigration.


I don't think you'd know a fact if it bit you in the ass.


Not directed at me, so you guys can have at it.



Jubelum doesn't sound a like a supporter at all. He sounds like a conservative.



No shit. That took a while to figure out, I imagine.

We thought there was a reason, unless you subscribe to the Bush Lied wack-a-doodle conspiracy theory. I disagree we're doing no good now. We have to try and stabilize things, regardless of whether or not you supported going in the first place. Mistakes have been made, things haven't gone well....but that doesn't mean we should just close shop and let Al-Queda take over.



Agreed with part one. Part two is a lie.



That's a stretch. The NSA program has not been declared unconstitutional by the USSC. And yes, he believes in it. Given the war we're in, so do I.



I don't know what that means



Rhetorical nonsense. Name one freedom you have lost, then explain why such a modification is not needed when we are at war with an enemy that wishes to destroy Western Civilization and our way of life.



We've been in serious debt for 100 years. Bush inherited a recession, and 8 months into his Presidency was faced with 9/11. Despite rising expenditures (which I agree MUST be reduced), the deficit is falling dramatically.



No really, I insist.



First, I will thank you not to call the President of the United States a "loser." It's cheap and demonstrates a disrespect for not only the man, but the office.

Secondly, I agree Bush has pissed off conservatives. See my blog. I'm not about to call the man a "loser" though.



Are you honestly that polarized? You just got done saying Bush has alienated conservatives. Now the next Republican will govern just like him?



That's likely true.



You've not stated facts so much as you have stated opinions. The one immediately above I happen to disagree with. I don't think we're in a "rut." I just disagree with Republican actions right now.

But the Dems? What have they proposed that you agree with? They have accomplished precisely ZERO since taking office. They've told the troops in battle that they've already lost, then continued to keep them there. They've not had ethics reform They've not passed a real immigration bill. They haven't even changed their work week. Now, they have investigated for the sake of investigating. They've proposed a nice fat middle class tax increase. They've said they want to pass a big tax on Big Oil. That's what they've done.



1. False. Not even close to a talking point.

2. Uh yeah. I think he can.

3. Yeah, you really nailed him. Kudos.[/QUOTE]


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My post begins here.

Actually it is Iraq and immigration that will both dominate the voting issues. However Iraq will be in the forefront. As many news commentators have said " It's the Iraq war stupid ".

The stem cell issue will also matter. On all 3 of these issues the american public seems to side with my opinions on this SDW. All 3 are stumbling blocks that Bush stands in the way of clearing up.

All 3 are important issues that will be in the forefront in the next election.

Now you can take the Chris Culla route and say that it's a matter of right or wrong on these issues and the american public's opinion doesn't matter. However in the light of reality it will affect who is elected the next president and the country for some time to come.

So we are once again back to congress can't do what the public wants because of the republican president.

The rest of your post is sophistry and your personal opinion.

And yes I really did nail him!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #188 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Blah, blah, blah.

Man you keep spouting the same gibberish don't you?

What I was pointing out was that there are signs that the economy is not as rosy as you paint. And could turn worse. What I sighted wasn't the only one and you know it.

Also I was around and an adult in the 70's and had to deal with these things first hand. You weren't.

Still wandering aimlessly and content-less-ly. And a free prepubescent age-crack garnish for table presentation. At least at your neonatal age, SDW, you can "sight" your "stratigy" with clarity.

Some people just hate the idea of people keeping the money they earn. It is that simple. I asked jim yesterday what he has against people keeping more of what they earn- no response. I believe it to be a need for control over others, personally, with a little added insult of them not being "smart enough" to use it "properly."

So please, it's now an open question- would some liberal on this board tell me why money is better in DC than it is in the pockets of the people that earned it?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #189 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

So please, it's now an open question- would some liberal on this board tell me why money is better in DC than it is in the pockets of the people that earned it?

I'll give my 2¢...they need money in DC to create and run the endless number of social, hand-holding, nanny programs. Just as the conservatives (this administration mind you, but look at Reagan) take the money to waste on war and oppression. Either way one thing seems the same. The wealthy and the powerful profit.

I'm not a liberal either. Anarchy would be so much more fun.
post #190 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Blah, blah, blah.

Man you keep spouting the same gibberish don't you?

What I was pointing out was that there are signs that the economy is not as rosy as you paint. And could turn worse. What I sighted wasn't the only one and you know it.

Also I was around and an adult in the 70's and had to deal with these things first hand. You weren't.

1. Keep going. The hypocrisy is reaching critical levels.

2. What signs? And "how rosy" exactly have I made the economy out to be? See..you're being subjective again. You're assigning subjective meaning to my statements of economic data.

3. What things? What caused them? What were the data points? What actions ended "how bad" things were. Notice I used a subjective term in quotes there. Clearly, that's the only kind of reasoning you understand.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post


My post begins here.

Actually it is Iraq and immigration that will both dominate the voting issues. However Iraq will be in the forefront. As many news commentators have said " It's the Iraq war stupid ".

I think you meant "the issues of Iraq and immigration will dominate in voting trends." But OK.

Quote:
The stem cell issue will also matter. On all 3 of these issues the american public seems to side with my opinions on this SDW. All 3 are stumbling blocks that Bush stands in the way of clearing up.

All 3 are important issues that will be in the forefront in the next election.

You are partially right, but only when people are not aware of the current state of stem cell research. In other words, people support it and bash the President when they are not aware of several key facts:

1) No cures or treatments have been developed from embryonic stem cells. It's a promise and nothing more.

2) Such research on new lines is not illegal. Bush has just refused to use tax dollars to fund them.

3) Bush is the first President to support any federal funding of embryonic stem cell research.

Quote:

Now you can take the Chris Culla route and say that it's a matter of right or wrong on these issues and the american public's opinion doesn't matter. However in the light of reality it will affect who is elected the next president and the country for some time to come.

Possibly correct. Time will tell.

Quote:
So we are once again back to congress can't do what the public wants because of the republican president.

I don't follow. Congress could end the war tomorrow by passing a binding resolution. Or they could pass a bill and secure enough votes to override a veto. They can't do that, and that my friend is the failure of the democrats who are now unable to keep their promises not because of George W. Bush, but because they don't have the political cojones to do so.

Quote:
The rest of your post is sophistry and your personal opinion.

And yes I really did nail him!

That's a pretty blanket dismissal of the "rest of my post." There is nothing wrong with stating an opinion, but it should be labeled as such. If you disagree, you have a right to present arguments to the contrary. But you haven't done so, so I take it we agree.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #191 of 455
"US President George W. Bush's approval rating plunged to a new low of 26 percent, making him the least popular US president since Richard Nixon, a poll released on Thursday found. The Newsweek magazine poll showed that 26 percent of Americans, just over one in four, approve of the job Bush is doing, marking his lowest level of backing since taking office in January 2001".

Maybe he will resign as Nixon did back in 1974.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=44372
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
post #192 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Still wandering aimlessly and content-less-ly. And a free prepubescent age-crack garnish for table presentation. At least at your neonatal age, SDW, you can "sight" your "stratigy" with clarity.

Some people just hate the idea of people keeping the money they earn. It is that simple. I asked jim yesterday what he has against people keeping more of what they earn- no response. I believe it to be a need for control over others, personally, with a little added insult of them not being "smart enough" to use it "properly."

So please, it's now an open question- would some liberal on this board tell me why money is better in DC than it is in the pockets of the people that earned it?

Jube

I've been to many Libertarian meetings in my day and have the whole " Taxation is theft " thing many times.

I don't agree with the tax laws either. But I've yet to hear a viable plan from any Libertarian on how things will get paid for without it.

The rest of your post sounds like a 4 year old wrote it. Also he brought it up. Not me.

Just like you keep bringing up the " pouncing " thing.

Like I said personal insults are all you guys have left it seems.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #193 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

1. Keep going. The hypocrisy is reaching critical levels.

2. What signs? And "how rosy" exactly have I made the economy out to be? See..you're being subjective again. You're assigning subjective meaning to my statements of economic data.

3. What things? What caused them? What were the data points? What actions ended "how bad" things were. Notice I used a subjective term in quotes there. Clearly, that's the only kind of reasoning you understand.





I think you meant "the issues of Iraq and immigration will dominate in voting trends." But OK.



You are partially right, but only when people are not aware of the current state of stem cell research. In other words, people support it and bash the President when they are not aware of several key facts:

1) No cures or treatments have been developed from embryonic stem cells. It's a promise and nothing more.

2) Such research on new lines is not illegal. Bush has just refused to use tax dollars to fund them.

3) Bush is the first President to support any federal funding of embryonic stem cell research.



Possibly correct. Time will tell.



I don't follow. Congress could end the war tomorrow by passing a binding resolution. Or they could pass a bill and secure enough votes to override a veto. They can't do that, and that my friend is the failure of the democrats who are now unable to keep their promises not because of George W. Bush, but because they don't have the political cojones to do so.



That's a pretty blanket dismissal of the "rest of my post." There is nothing wrong with stating an opinion, but it should be labeled as such. If you disagree, you have a right to present arguments to the contrary. But you haven't done so, so I take it we agree.

" but because they don't have the political cojones to do so. "

My guess is that they'll lower the boom on Mr. Bush in the fall. That way they gave his plan a chance and the opposition can't say they didn't support the troops.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #194 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

" but because they don't have the political cojones to do so. "

My guess is that they'll lower the boom on Mr. Bush in the fall. That way they gave his plan a chance and the opposition can't say they didn't support the troops.

Meanwhile soldiers DIE and get maimed while our politicians play games and politics!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #195 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post

Maybe he will resign as Nixon did back in 1974.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=44372

Well, at least that way Cheney will be part of the Executive Branch again!!
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #196 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Jube

I've been to many Libertarian meetings in my day and have the whole " Taxation is theft " thing many times.

I don't agree with the tax laws either. But I've yet to hear a viable plan from any Libertarian on how things will get paid for without it.

The rest of your post sounds like a 4 year old wrote it. Also he brought it up. Not me.
Just like you keep bringing up the " pouncing " thing.

Like I said personal insults are all you guys have left it seems.

I've never said that taxation, in principle, is theft. Taxation is necessary to run the government and the few social programs that truly are necessary in our nation. No issue there. Taxation to pay people who produce nothing but more dependency is indeed theft. Do you think that able-bodied people have a right to get paid to do nothing? Please "sight" your "stratigy" with clarity.

You STILL will not tell me what is wrong with people keeping more of what they earn. You've had TWO DAYS. But, I already knew that you didn't, ya see.

BTW- re:"pouncing"- Your own posts are not "insults." It's just your own history.
Embrace it. It is so, well, "YOU." Oops, let me let you "finish."

Is that "4 year old" thing yet another age crack? Hung up on age and the fact that SDW and I have a lot longer left to vote than you do? You seem to think only OLD people can be smart and see what is happening around them. Did you think that when you were smoking out in the 60s?

Again, Jim, I hope you never quit, and never change. This is just too fun.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #197 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I've never said that taxation, in principle, is theft. Taxation is necessary to run the government and the few social programs that truly are necessary in our nation. No issue there. Taxation to pay people who produce nothing but more dependency is indeed theft. Do you think that able-bodied people have a right to get paid to do nothing? Please "sight" your "stratigy" with clarity.

You STILL will not tell me what is wrong with people keeping more of what they earn. You've had TWO DAYS. But, I already knew that you didn't, ya see.

BTW- re:"pouncing"- Your own posts are not "insults." It's just your own history.
Embrace it. It is so, well, "YOU." Oops, let me let you "finish."

Is that "4 year old" thing yet another age crack? Hung up on age and the fact that SDW and I have a lot longer left to vote than you do? You seem to think only OLD people can be smart and see what is happening around them. Did you think that when you were smoking out in the 60s?

Again, Jim, I hope you never quit, and never change. This is just too fun.

Hey while your feeling so special don't forget you didn't address any of my assertions!

You just dismissed them as being nonlogical. Sorry that doesn't cut it.

Now I know you're young. Smoking out? I was only 16 in 1969. I know they start young these days but we were a little more innocent.

I have nothing against people keeping what they earn. However the world is a lot more complex than that. And some have learned to keep more of what they earn than others under the current tax laws.

It was my generation that started the focus on young people. We are the only culture that doesn't embrace and honor people who've been around awhile. The theory being if you've made it that far you've learned a thing or two in that time. Don't worry. When I was young I couldn't see that either.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #198 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Meanwhile soldiers DIE and get maimed while our politicians play games and politics!


Yup! They do. I didn't say I approved of it. I simply see their strategy.

Politics has become so convoluted sometimes in that game you have to do the wrong thing to accomplish the bigger good thing. Sometimes you have to play by the opposition's rules to win.

I didn't say it was right.

Like I said I realize that democrats like libertarians and republicans or whatever are politicians also.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #199 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Meanwhile soldiers DIE and get maimed while our politicians play games and politics!


The soldiers dont necessarily see themselves as the hapless victims some want to paint them as. This guy is fascinating.

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-...2533798&sr=8-1
"some catch on faster than others"
"some catch on faster than others"
post #200 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside grabowski View Post

The soldiers dont necessarily see themselves as the hapless victims some want to paint them as.

Some... yep.



God Bless our soldiers. Each and every day.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history