or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GW Bush the worst president in US history - Page 7  

post #241 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I don't get it... As long as a thread is anti-Bush it's OK? Unlocked?

Let's face it Spamboy, Ron Paul has much a chance becoming president as Chimpy McFlightsuit will be getting a Nobel Peace Prize. Nothing against you or Paul...

See for yourself.

Quote:
Among the other GOP contenders, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Texas congressman Ron Paul were tied with 2 percent; Sen. Sam Brownback of Kansas, Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado and former Wisconsin governor and Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson came in with 1 percent each; and former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore and Rep. Duncan Hunter of California drew less than half of 1 percent.

The other GOP candidates would have to all die in a plane crash (including Hillary and Obama) for the general sheepulation to take notice of Ron Paul.
post #242 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Let's face it Spamboy, Ron Paul has much a chance becoming president as Chimpy McFlightsuit will be getting a Nobel Peace Prize. Nothing against you or Paul...

See for yourself.



The other GOP candidates would have to all die in a plane crash (including Hillary and Obama) for the general sheepulation to take notice of Ron Paul.

Art, I'm realistic about who will really win this go 'round, and it will likely be Hillary.

Doesn't mean you or I need to fall for it or 'vote with the flow'.

For the first time in my politically active life, I donated money to a presidential candidate's campaign... I think it's time to put up or shut up... so I decided to put up. I don't intend to shut up.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

post #243 of 455
OK, but it seems to me is that you're failing to make a distinction between generic Ron Paul threads and fairly specific "Bush sucks" threads.

Even "Bush is the worst president ever" takes a position that is debatable in a way that the tenth iteration of "did I mention that Ron Paul is a candidate for president?" does not. And most Bush threads are far more focused, being concerned with particular policies, statements, perceived blunders, etc.

To you, the mere fact of Ron Paul's candidacy in particular and the wonders of Libertarianism in general are reason enough to start a thread, but as I see it that's reason enough to start two threads, not ten or twenty. Ten or twenty is just spamming.

So, if you wanted to start a thread called "Ron Paul proposes abolishing Department of Education, here's why I think that's a good idea", then I, and I'm guessing most folks as well as moderators, wouldn't have a problem with that.

See?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #244 of 455
I just realized:

You're going to start a thread entitled "Ron Paul proposed abolishing Department of Education, here's why I think it's a good idea", aren't you?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #245 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Art, I'm realistic about who will really win this go 'round, and it will likely be Hillary.
Doesn't mean you or I need to fall for it or 'vote with the flow'.
For the first time in my politically active life, I donated money to a presidential candidate's campaign... I think it's time to put up or shut up... so I decided to put up. I don't intend to shut up.

That's good and worthy. I wish that the rest of the U.S.A. would not only put up and shut up but wake up.
post #246 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

So, if you wanted to start a thread called "Ron Paul proposes abolishing Department of Education, here's why I think that's a good idea", then I, and I'm guessing most folks as well as moderators, wouldn't have a problem with that.

See?

Exactly.

Ron Paul is *not* Chuck Norris.

As such, threads dedicated to him require some form of cogent discourse.

If not, I become a locking machine.

Blind links just won't cut it.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #247 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

2D again, of course. Argue for Dick? I never said anything in defense of Poor Old Dick. Just in defense of the curriculum from Sister Mary Kelly's 4th grade civics class. Part of that course is knowing the branches of government, and how to spell our leaders' names. The Sister would be proud.

Typical no content response.

All you can do is dance around and insult people and think of yourself as oh so clever ( much like someone else on this board ) with no real content.

And when you do have content it jumps back and forth across the line between you support GWB but you really don't like him depending on the context of the post.

If you're an example of what Libertarians have to offer these days things have really changed and I don't want any.

By the way let's hope Sister Mary Kelly did a good job. Watch your spelling and typos in the future because I will.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #248 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

No. I'm sorry SDW but I'm living or leaving in a fantasy.

It's you who live in this nonexistant world where Bush is just a nice man, The republican's who support him can do no wrong, and we were justified to attack a small country without just provocation. And then you call it honerable.

I don't live in that world, you hack. Oh, and it's honOrable. Jesus.

Quote:

SDW by your own standards you're nuts. To continue to support this whole thing in the face of all the evidence to the contrary is silly.

Meaningless, ah-hom and subjective.

Quote:

No WMD.

True. And if there were, would that change your mind? It has nothing to do with the here and now.

Quote:

They really don't want us there.

Who is they?

Quote:

This was supposed to be a quick procedure.

No, it wasn't. That's been invented through Truth by Repetition. It was never sold to the public as being quick.
Quote:
The killing goes on.

Yes. Point?
Quote:
We throw more lives at the problem and predictably it's not really making a difference.

We're not "throwing lives" at it just because people are dying. And you cannot claim it's not making a difference at this point. That's like going on a diet and saying it's a failure after three days.

Quote:
And the true test will come when we leave. Was it for some good cause or will things revert back to the way they were? As if we weren't there ( except for the loss of life of course ) Just like Vietnam.

1. False dilemma. It could be for a good cause AND things could "revert back to the way they were." Or it could be for a good cause and things could be different. Saddam's gone, at least.

2. Vietnam: Hmm...which political party pulled us out of there?

Quote:
Anyone who thinks this is supportable under this kind of evidence is clearly not living in this reality.

You know, that doesn't become a reasonable statement just because you keep repeating it in different ways. The surge cannot be evaluated right now. It cannot. We'll see what happens with it in September/October.

Quote:
Sorry SDW it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

That's true. Thouh that fact does not seem to help you understand.

Quote:

Ps. And your idea that we can talk about every other aspect of the Bush administration in a political forum except the Vice President is just stupid.

You know. Kind of like Chenney saying he's not part of the executive branch.

Strawman. That is not what I said. I take issue with your deliberate inclusion of that article despite knowing in advance that there was a dedicated thread for discussing it. You used it to try and advance your argument, and somewhat cheaply, might I add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoster View Post



Where's Stormin' Norman when you need him?

(not to say the current generals are doing a bad job with what they've been handed...)

Just to re-iterate:

What is the mission?

What is the objective?


No WMD.
There is no territory to take.
We 'don't do body counts' anymore.
Elections have been held.
The people see us as a destabilizing force.
The government barely qualifies as such, and doesn't really want us there either.
Warfare Rule #1 - Never get involved in somebody else's civil war!

You know, I don't totally disagree with that. I just think we ought to try and secure things more before trying to draw down. Maybe it won't work. Maybe it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Everyone we fight in Iraq is now "al-Qaida"



Well that simplifies all this now, doesn't it? Not "insurgent", not "militant", not "Sunni" or "Shia'a", just plain old Al Qaeda. Because we need an enemy.

That is an unbelievable statement. I take it you'll be voting for Edwards then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Really? So when John Kerry makes a joke we can assume the soldier's can take it?

When we want to argue the political ramifications of troop withrawal the solder's aren't so hapless that they understand we're trying to bring them home?

When we say that the surge is a "failure" we know the soldier's families aren't so fragile and hapless that they will understand what we "mean"?

You guys can't have it both ways...even though you try to.

Can they take it? Sure. Should they have to? No. John Kerry called them stupid. That's basically what he did. Saying the surge is a failure when it has literally just begun is not OK, either. "Dear Troops: We know you just got there, but you lose. Have a nice day. Oh yeah, and GO USA! We support you. Bye!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Mocking? Hey buddy, fuck you! How's that for mocking you sanctimonious piece of garbage! You know goddamn well what I was saying and what I meant. So fuck you very much!

You have ZERO IDEA of what I, or my family, have or have not committed to this war and which loved ones of mine have given EVERYTHING to this country.

And you have the unmitigated GALL to accuse me of mocking these soldier's deaths!

No, I don't know what you meant. And you're right...I have no idea what you or your family has given. I suggest you enlighten me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

by Justin Hartfield




Maybe you'd like to present your own arguments next time? Oh, and psst: The deficit is shrinking rapidly....even with big pork spending. I'm just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

Exactly.

Ron Paul is *not* Chuck Norris.

As such, threads dedicated to him require some form of cogent discourse.

If not, I become a locking machine.

Blind links just won't cut it.

He's not? Fuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Typical no content response.

All you can do is dance around and insult people and think of yourself as oh so clever ( much like someone else on this board ) with no real content.

jimmac said "original content!"

Quote:
And when you do have content it jumps back and forth across the line between you support GWB but you really don't like him depending on the context of the post.

And when you do have content it jumps back and forth between bashing GWB and...bashing GWB.

Quote:
If you're an example of what Libertarians have to offer these days things have really changed and I don't want any.

By the way watch your spelling and typos in the future because I will.

1. Color me shocked.

2. Your typos are repeated and likely NOT typos. When you consistently use the same misspelling and make the same major grammatical mistakes, one begins to wonder.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #249 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I don't live in that world, you hack. Oh, and it's honOrable. Jesus.



Meaningless, ah-hom and subjective.



True. And if there were, would that change your mind? It has nothing to do with the here and now.



Who is they?



No, it wasn't. That's been invented through Truth by Repetition. It was never sold to the public as being quick.


Yes. Point?


We're not "throwing lives" at it just because people are dying. And you cannot claim it's not making a difference at this point. That's like going on a diet and saying it's a failure after three days.



1. False dilemma. It could be for a good cause AND things could "revert back to the way they were." Or it could be for a good cause and things could be different. Saddam's gone, at least.

2. Vietnam: Hmm...which political party pulled us out of there?



You know, that doesn't become a reasonable statement just because you keep repeating it in different ways. The surge cannot be evaluated right now. It cannot. We'll see what happens with it in September/October.



That's true. Thouh that fact does not seem to help you understand.



Strawman. That is not what I said. I take issue with your deliberate inclusion of that article despite knowing in advance that there was a dedicated thread for discussing it. You used it to try and advance your argument, and somewhat cheaply, might I add.



You know, I don't totally disagree with that. I just think we ought to try and secure things more before trying to draw down. Maybe it won't work. Maybe it will.



That is an unbelievable statement. I take it you'll be voting for Edwards then.



Can they take it? Sure. Should they have to? No. John Kerry called them stupid. That's basically what he did. Saying the surge is a failure when it has literally just begun is not OK, either. "Dear Troops: We know you just got there, but you lose. Have a nice day. Oh yeah, and GO USA! We support you. Bye!"



No, I don't know what you meant. And you're right...I have no idea what you or your family has given. I suggest you enlighten me.



Maybe you'd like to present your own arguments next time? Oh, and psst: The deficit is shrinking rapidly....even with big pork spending. I'm just sayin'.



He's not? Fuck!



jimmac said "original content!"



And when you do have content it jumps back and forth between bashing GWB and...bashing GWB.



1. Color me shocked.

2. Your typos are repeated and likely NOT typos. When you consistently use the same misspelling and make the same major grammatical mistakes, one begins to wonder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" And when you do have content it jumps back and forth between bashing GWB and...bashing GWB. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll agree I'm pretty direct and clear about that.

Ok so no WMD so there's no reason for them to be there. This whole war was based on a falsehood. And now that Saddam is dead I wonder what those same troops would have to say about your UN resolution thing?

By the way the deficit isn't shrinking nearly rapidly enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Typo! " That's true. Thouh that fact does not seem to help you understand "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The republican party had no choice but to pull us out of Vietnam. Much as it will have no choice this time.

SDW You've got to know by now you're fighting an uphill ( and that's charitable ) battle as far as supporting this occupation/war and George W Bush?


I mean listen to how silly this sounds :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" "Dear Troops: We know you just got there, but you lose. Have a nice day. Oh yeah, and GO USA! We support you. Bye!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alot of them didn't just " Get there ". They've been there for sometime. At least those who haven't been injured or killed. This war has had plenty of time to succeed and is failing badly. And has been for sometime.

It's really fortunate that your opinion is in the extreme minority. The thing is I just can't understand it. You're a school teacher and seem like a somewhat intelligent guy.

You can say we'll see what happens in September or October but this is much like when you said we needed to give the troops more time to find those WMD that you were so sure were just over the next sand dune.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #250 of 455
As Bush's support continues to erode..........

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/...gar/index.html
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #251 of 455
A little more on how Dick Cheney is doing not being part of the executive branch.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/....ap/index.html

You've got to love this part :

" Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ilinois, sponsor of the amendment, noted that five years ago Cheney claimed executive privilege in refusing to release details about his meetings with oil industry executives to discuss energy policy. "
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #252 of 455
SDW, we should be nicer to Dwight.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #253 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Typical no content response.

Why bother giving YOU content? It's the very definition of pointless. Like giving a toddler a calculus textbook and saying "test on Friday." Expect valuable information to not be absorbed and end up covered in 2D drool and party-line mashed peas.

Jubelum: Sky blue. Water Wet. GWB good for some things, really awful at others.
jimmac: You base non-boomer. W sucks. Wait til 08. Iraq bad. CNN links good.

You're somewhere between a snake and a mongoose, and a panther.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #254 of 455
I honestly think that GWB has just screwed the Republican party for good. The Kennedy-Bush immigration bullshit, if it passes, will be the final straw for the conservative base. They just are not going to turn out for those that betrayed the rule of law with amnesty.

I just cannot see how Karl Rove could possibly have a higher purpose for this, except to make McCain fall directly into the hole of being unelectable. But that's a LONG way to go for some mush-mouth RINO the base already dislikes.

"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #255 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

As Bush's support continues to erode..........

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/...gar/index.html

You have to put a quote from linked articles as some here just look at the source, go CNN?, lies, damn lies.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Republican support for President Bush's Iraq war policy suffered a significant crack Monday evening when Republican Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana urged the president to change course in Iraq "very soon."

The well-respected GOP voice on foreign affairs took to the Senate floor to urge Bush to avoid further damage to America's military readiness and long-term national security.

"Our course in Iraq has lost contact with our vital national security interests in the Middle East and beyond. Our continuing absorption with military activities in Iraq is limiting our diplomatic assertiveness there and elsewhere in the world," he said.
post #256 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Why bother giving YOU content? It's the very definition of pointless. Like giving a toddler a calculus textbook and saying "test on Friday." Expect valuable information to not be absorbed and end up covered in 2D drool and party-line mashed peas.

Jubelum: Sky blue. Water Wet. GWB good for some things, really awful at others.
jimmac: You base non-boomer. W sucks. Wait til 08. Iraq bad. CNN links good.

You're somewhere between a snake and a mongoose, and a panther.

And you're somewhere between a snakeoil salesman and Oilcan Harry.

Please refrain from the childish remarks and try just try to have some political substance to them. This isn't the Make personal comments about jimmac forum.

I've already explained why I favor the democrats this time and how I feel about them in triplicate. Don't be a little child and try to run with your obvious lack of reading comprehension any further.

The difference between you and me is that I don't think Bush has been good for anything ( Except maybe to illustrate how wrong it was to elect someone like him ) . Also you must not work as you seem to have alot more time on your hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" I honestly think that GWB has just screwed the Republican party for good. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes he did! Just as I predicted he would years ago on this forum.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #257 of 455
Good morning SDW!

Well it seems that I'm not the only one questioning this surge early on.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19442715/
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #258 of 455

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #259 of 455
Quote:
That is an unbelievable statement. I take it you'll be voting for Edwards then.

Unbelievable in your mind. I take it you'll keep getting blow-jobs from Ann Coulter then.

Quote:
Maybe you'd like to present your own arguments next time?

Argue? With who, you? Arguing with you is arguing with a



and I'm giving goldfish a bad name because they have better memory retention than you do. I don't find "arguing" with you worth my time anymore. Because you don't read, you don't care and when you reply you offer nothing of value. Much like the administration you keep so cozy up your ass.
post #260 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Alot of them didn't just " Get there ". They've been there for sometime. At least those who haven't been injured or killed. This war has had plenty of time to succeed and is failing badly. And has been for sometime.

On March 19th we will have been in Iraq for FIVE YEARS!

And these disengenous thugs want to use clever little rhetorical techniques like "they just got there" as a sick game of politics. This "game", by the way, is called "Dirty Fucking Hippies are Our Enemy" and it's about allowing our troops to DIE needlessly in a war and then to prolong that war by calling your fellow Americans traitorous scum-bags who don't have the stomach to "get 'er done!"

And they play this game with delightful glee.

May their houses burn to the ground. Assholes. All of them.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #261 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I honestly think that GWB has just screwed the Republican party for good. The Kennedy-Bush immigration bullshit, if it passes, will be the final straw for the conservative base. They just are not going to turn out for those that betrayed the rule of law with amnesty.

I just cannot see how Karl Rove could possibly have a higher purpose for this, except to make McCain fall directly into the hole of being unelectable. But that's a LONG way to go for some mush-mouth RINO the base already dislikes.


Agreed.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #262 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Good morning SDW!

Well it seems that I'm not the only one questioning this surge early on.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19442715/

Goddamn traitor! Seditious asshole! It's absolutely OUTRAGEOUS that he'd question the president's policies during a time of war. WAR! Doesn't he realize that his very words aid and abet the enemy. They are now emboldened. He might as well just become Al Qaeda's spokesperson for crying out loud!

The outrage! THE OUTRAGE!

Hello?

....

Anybody?

I'm sure there's a Republican out there who's really fucking worried about how our fragile troops will be discouraged by these statements. Right?

Hello?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #263 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Agreed.

<has heart attack, drops cold dead on the floor>
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #264 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post



and I'm giving goldfish a bad name because they have better memory retention than you do.

Without prejudice... MYTH- BUSTED.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #265 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

<has heart attack, drops cold dead on the floor>

Don't get all 2D on me now.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #266 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Also you must not work as you seem to have alot more time on your hands.

Why do you give a shit?

If I did sit on my ass all day doing nothing, I'd be more likely to agree with you and your agenda- the one that rewards such things. I don't.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #267 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Don't get all 2D on me now.

Naahhhh... I just owe myself a Snickers bar now for finally saying something you can agree with.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #268 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Without prejudice... MYTH- BUSTED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman

and I'm giving goldfish a bad name because they have better memory retention than you do.

Dude. You're getting as confounding SDW, unless he's grooming you to take over Bizarro World.



post #269 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Dude. You're getting as confounding SDW, unless he's grooming you to take over Bizarro World.




Um... it's that "without prejudice" thing. I was not making a judgement on either side of the ongoing hilarity between you two 'chillens. The goldfish thing was on a re-run last night and seemed a bit, the tiniest bit, relevant.

Tom Cruise and I already have our own Worlds. Bizzaro World is a two-star planet/resort in a third-rate galaxy. Not even worth the time to get there.

"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #270 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Goddamn traitor! Seditious asshole! It's absolutely OUTRAGEOUS that he'd question the president's policies during a time of war. WAR! Doesn't he realize that his very words aid and abet the enemy. They are now emboldened. He might as well just become Al Qaeda's spokesperson for crying out loud!

The outrage! THE OUTRAGE!

Hello?

....

Anybody?

I'm sure there's a Republican out there who's really fucking worried about how our fragile troops will be discouraged by these statements. Right?

Hello?

He wants to set timelines! They'll just wait us out! And while our brave men and women have their boots on the ground! How can they soldier on, with the knife in the back?

When we leave they'll follow us home! Why does he hate the troops? He must want to make the terrorists tea and cookies! The world will see we are weak! Iraq will become al Qaeda World Headquarters!

Talking about "failure" and "retreat" during wartime is virtually treason. Hanging's to good for 'em.

What a grotesque political stunt, just to get some distance from an unpopular president. The most grotesque, disgusting political posturing in the history of same.

Jesus, somebody should start a thread or something.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #271 of 455
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #272 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Um... it's that "without prejudice" thing. I was not making a judgement on either side of the ongoing hilarity between you two 'chillens. The goldfish thing was on a re-run last night and seemed a bit, the tiniest bit, relevant.

Tom Cruise and I already have our own Worlds. Bizzaro World is a two-star planet/resort in a third-rate galaxy. Not even worth the time to get there.


You're cool Jubelum. Don't ever change. I have come my own conclusion that SDW is the official troll of PO. I knew this 3 years ago but I thought things could change. Ain't happening. And that's his prerogative too. And that's the last I'll say or speak about him. See, in like Digg, Reddit or other social sites you can get to have the participants vote people's comments + or -. If we were at those places or if this forum had this function he would have been downmodded into oblivion. I just have the right to say nothing more in the matter.
post #273 of 455
Well... I've found around here that extremism begets extremism. I kinda see how, in a very Israel sort of way, being the only one with an opinion in the area (be that PO or the Mediterranean coast) can bring hard-line thinking. I've experienced it a bit myself here from a few users. Just an absolute intolerance for anything but the liberal line... any deviation from that course is seen as a basis for one artillery volley after another- even if good points are being made by both sides. It's symptomatic of the wickedly polarized climate the world is in.

There are days that I think, "well, hell, if I am going to have to put up with this shit anyway for not matching perfectly the beliefs of others, why not just go all the way and remove any attempt at moderation?"

It tends to make monsters out of ordinarily sane people. This board is a glimmering example of extremism causing more extremism.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #274 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Why do you give a shit?

If I did sit on my ass all day doing nothing, I'd be more likely to agree with you and your agenda- the one that rewards such things. I don't.


So what kind of welfair are you on?

Seriously I really don't care Jube!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #275 of 455
Well it seems as though a senate committee is looking into all that wire tapping business.


" Cheneys office, White House subpoenaed "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19461815/




Also there's this : " Poll: Distrust of U.S., China rises around world "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19466360/

Not really a big surprise.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #276 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Well... I've found around here that extremism begets extremism. I kinda see how, in a very Israel sort of way, being the only one with an opinion in the area (be that PO or the Mediterranean coast) can bring hard-line thinking. I've experienced it a bit myself here from a few users. Just an absolute intolerance for anything but the liberal line... any deviation from that course is seen as a basis for one artillery volley after another- even if good points are being made by both sides. It's symptomatic of the wickedly polarized climate the world is in.

There are days that I think, "well, hell, if I am going to have to put up with this shit anyway for not matching perfectly the beliefs of others, why not just go all the way and remove any attempt at moderation?"

It tends to make monsters out of ordinarily sane people. This board is a glimmering example of extremism causing more extremism.



And let me guess. You're the only " centered " individual?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #277 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And let me guess. You're the only " centered " individual?

Troll.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #278 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well it seems as though a senate committee is looking into all that wire tapping business.


" Cheney’s office, White House subpoenaed "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19461815/




Also there's this : " Poll: Distrust of U.S., China rises around world "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19466360/

Not really a big surprise.

Quote:
We remain steadfast in our commitment to keeping Americans safe from an enemy determined to use any means possible — including the latest in technology — to attack us.

That enemy, to all American's freedom, is GWB, et, al.

The combination to all of Cheney's "manly" safes, is of course, 6-6-6!

Of course. given the now de facto 5-4 conservative makeup of the SCOTUS, Three Bad Rulings yesterday, we the people, are truly fucked for the foreseeable future!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #279 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Unbelievable in your mind. I take it you'll keep getting blow-jobs from Ann Coulter then.

Argue? With who, you? Arguing with you is arguing with a



and I'm giving goldfish a bad name because they have better memory retention than you do. I don't find "arguing" with you worth my time anymore. Because you don't read, you don't care and when you reply you offer nothing of value. Much like the administration you keep so cozy up your ass.

I am merely asking you to not just quote third party opinions and provide no commentary whatsoever..not even an intro such as "hey guys, look at this." Shit, even jimmac does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

On March 19th we will have been in Iraq for FIVE YEARS!

And these disengenous thugs want to use clever little rhetorical techniques like "they just got there" as a sick game of politics. This "game", by the way, is called "Dirty Fucking Hippies are Our Enemy" and it's about allowing our troops to DIE needlessly in a war and then to prolong that war by calling your fellow Americans traitorous scum-bags who don't have the stomach to "get 'er done!"

And they play this game with delightful glee.

May their houses burn to the ground. Assholes. All of them.

You can spout off your emotional knee-jerk reactions, or can you can accept the fact that an honest evaluation of the troop surge cannot be made until fall. Because...yes, the surge just took effect a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Goddamn traitor! Seditious asshole! It's absolutely OUTRAGEOUS that he'd question the president's policies during a time of war. WAR! Doesn't he realize that his very words aid and abet the enemy. They are now emboldened. He might as well just become Al Qaeda's spokesperson for crying out loud!

The outrage! THE OUTRAGE!

Hello?

....

Anybody?

I'm sure there's a Republican out there who's really fucking worried about how our fragile troops will be discouraged by these statements. Right?

Hello?

He's as wrong as the Democrats are. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

He wants to set timelines! They'll just wait us out! And while our brave men and women have their boots on the ground! How can they soldier on, with the knife in the back?

When we leave they'll follow us home! Why does he hate the troops? He must want to make the terrorists tea and cookies! The world will see we are weak! Iraq will become al Qaeda World Headquarters!

Talking about "failure" and "retreat" during wartime is virtually treason. Hanging's to good for 'em.

What a grotesque political stunt, just to get some distance from an unpopular president. The most grotesque, disgusting political posturing in the history of same.

Jesus, somebody should start a thread or something.

See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

You're cool Jubelum. Don't ever change. I have come my own conclusion that SDW is the official troll of PO. I knew this 3 years ago but I thought things could change. Ain't happening. And that's his prerogative too. And that's the last I'll say or speak about him. See, in like Digg, Reddit or other social sites you can get to have the participants vote people's comments + or -. If we were at those places or if this forum had this function he would have been downmodded into oblivion. I just have the right to say nothing more in the matter.

I see. So because you disagree with my positions and opinions strongly, you feel you should have some influence on getting me kicked out. Nice. Good luck with that.

Oh, and anytime you'd like to go back and see who has provided more original content over the years, I'm game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

So what kind of welfair are you on?

Seriously I really don't care Jube!

I think you mean w-e-l-f-a-r-e.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #280 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Troll.

I agree you have all the earmarks.

By why sink to SDW's level?

Besides for several years now we've had nothing but intolerance for people who think GWB is just plain wrong and bad for this country?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history