or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GW Bush the worst president in US history - Page 8  

post #281 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I am merely asking you to not just quote third party opinions and provide no commentary whatsoever..not even an intro such as "hey guys, look at this." Shit, even jimmac does that.



You can spout off your emotional knee-jerk reactions, or can you can accept the fact that an honest evaluation of the troop surge cannot be made until fall. Because...yes, the surge just took effect a few weeks ago.



He's as wrong as the Democrats are. Period.



See above.



I see. So because you disagree with my positions and opinions strongly, you feel you should have some influence on getting me kicked out. Nice. Good luck with that.

Oh, and anytime you'd like to go back and see who has provided more original content over the years, I'm game.



I think you mean w-e-l-f-a-r-e.

Actually SDW I give you my opinion and tell you why and supply the links in a vain attempt to show you that I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

But as Artman says you're not likely to come to your senses.

You know an old girlfriend of mine used to say this to me whenever I was being particularly dumb and it seems to fit this situation.

Whatever.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #282 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Besides for several years now we've had nothing but intolerance for people who think GWB is just plain wrong and bad for this country?

Not on this board, though. That is the substance of my post.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #283 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Not on this board, though. That is the substance of my post.

Well then I guess you haven't been around very long or much have you?

Things here used to be very different after 911, even when the war in Iraq started and after.

But in the end the people found out " The Emperor Has No Clothes ".
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #284 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well then I guess you haven't been around very long or much have you?

You don't know about the cat's watermelon and you don't think I've been around long. Golden. We can stop with the "you're not as old or as experienced as me" line. It's tired. Let it sleep.

I was here in those days. I remember the first time I read PATRIOT and freaked out on this very board about what it meant. The lefties here told me how Bush is satan and the entire bill is bad and yadda yadda, missing the few parts of it that were actually needed to solve some serious security holes. I remember being derided for sticking by even a few provisions.

There's little "I agree with you partially/understand your point, but..." here.
It's an endangered species.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #285 of 455
post #286 of 455
Gold..pure gold, Artman!!
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #287 of 455
God bless America.

God help America.

God?

Somebody?

Anybody?

.
.
.


Houston, we have a problem.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #288 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

You don't know about the cat's watermelon and you don't think I've been around long. Golden. We can stop with the "you're not as old or as experienced as me" line. It's tired. Let it sleep.

I was here in those days. I remember the first time I read PATRIOT and freaked out on this very board about what it meant. The lefties here told me how Bush is satan and the entire bill is bad and yadda yadda, missing the few parts of it that were actually needed to solve some serious security holes. I remember being derided for sticking by even a few provisions.

There's little "I agree with you partially/understand your point, but..." here.
It's an endangered species.

But as you can see Bush ( Satan ) got elected a 2nd time which is just unbelieveable!

So at the time I said to everyone here " If you think the first term was bad just wait. In the 2nd term the gloves will be off and he'll do what he wants because what has he got to lose? " I also said he would screw the republican party because Bush is bad for the democrats, bad for the republicans, bad for the country. He only cares for himself. Just look at all the people who've fallen on their sword for him. And guess what came to pass?

At the time the response from some was like " Who are you to question the president? " A laughable question at best. My reply " Who do I have to be? "

The reason you see what you do here is that this has gone on so long. It's called " Travesty Of Jusitice ". If we had real thinking people out there Bush would have been run out of town tared and feathered! But instead we have sheep who sometimes listen to the wrong brand of Government disinformation. And they suffer for it. Now you're seeing the whiplash. It's been a long time coming. And now it even comes from people who were former supporters.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #289 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post


Definitely one of your better ones!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #290 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Actually SDW I give you my opinion and tell you why and supply the links in a vain attempt to show you that I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

But as Artman says you're not likely to come to your senses.

You know an old girlfriend of mine used to say this to me whenever I was being particularly dumb and it seems to fit this situation.

Whatever.

Of course you're not the only one. That would mean you have an original thought in your head, and we know that's not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

But as you can see Bush ( Satan ) got elected a 2nd time which is just unbelieveable!

So at the time I said to everyone here " If you think the first term was bad just wait. In the 2nd term the gloves will be off and he'll do what he wants because what has he got to lose? " I also said he would screw the republican party because Bush is bad for the democrats, bad for the republicans, bad for the country. He only cares for himself. Just look at all the people who've fallen on their sword for him. And guess what came to pass?

At the time the response from some was like " Who are you to question the president? " A laughable question at best. My reply " Who do I have to be? "

The reason you see what you do here is that this has gone on so long. It's called " Travesty Of Jusitice ". If we had real thinking people out there Bush would have been run out of town tared and feathered! But instead we have sheep who sometimes listen to the wrong brand of Government disinformation. And they suffer for it. Now you're seeing the whiplash. It's been a long time coming. And now it even comes from people who were former supporters.

So you've now equated GWB with Satan. I think that's all that needs to be said. You're off the reservation.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #291 of 455
Thread Starter 
Hi, I am Satan,
I really object being mentioned in the same sentence than GW Bush.
post #292 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

But as you can see Bush ( Satan ) got elected a 2nd time which is just unbelieveable!

So at the time I said to everyone here " If you think the first term was bad just wait. In the 2nd term the gloves will be off and he'll do what he wants because what has he got to lose? " I also said he would screw the republican party because Bush is bad for the democrats, bad for the republicans, bad for the country. He only cares for himself. Just look at all the people who've fallen on their sword for him. And guess what came to pass?

At the time the response from some was like " Who are you to question the president? " A laughable question at best. My reply " Who do I have to be? "

The reason you see what you do here is that this has gone on so long. It's called " Travesty Of Jusitice ". If we had real thinking people out there Bush would have been run out of town tared and feathered! But instead we have sheep who sometimes listen to the wrong brand of Government disinformation. And they suffer for it. Now you're seeing the whiplash. It's been a long time coming. And now it even comes from people who were former supporters.

Wow. This "content" thing is like a Mint Julep on an August day in Mississippi.

------------------------
You are correct that we do differ on the redeeming qualities of the Commander in Chief. See, I think, and the numbers again show, that tax cuts for tax payers WORK. Bush did at least do a FEW things that have helped the country. It's impossible to fail 100% of the time, though he's doing his best recently to come damn close.

People are waking up all the time. They are moving beyond their 2D thinking, and the immigration fiasco is a great example. Now the conservatives can be as pissed about their party as the democrats are concerning the war continuation.

The reality is that the government does not work for us. The government works for the government. Republican and Democrat voters are both unhappy with both parties right now, it's just a matter of who we dislike less. Our leaders work for bankers and corporations.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #293 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Commander in Chief.

Bush is an embarrassment to the title.

Tax cuts don't seem to be resonating with the middle class.

What the fuck is this 2D thinking you keep shitting about?
Some kind of Libertarian hook?
post #294 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Of course you're not the only one. That would mean you have an original thought in your head, and we know that's not true.

Attack a poster on a forum, and your guy, Bush, has an original thought?
He and anyone around him are amazed if he "GETS" any of the tomes Laura reads to him.

The pinhead, Bush, can't even speak "American" for Christ's sake.
post #295 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

What the fuck is this 2D thinking you keep shitting about?
Some kind of Libertarian hook?

No.... And why are you being an asshole?
Is it because I had something nice to say about the Prez?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #296 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

No.... And why are you being an asshole?
Is it because I had something nice to say about the Prez?

Nice, what, the tax cuts?
If you have been following the thread, the tax cuts aren't resonating with the middle class.
Forget SDW's thinking that if it works for him, it should work for everyone.

This is a thread about the worst president in history after all.

Seriously, when Bush speaks, aren't you holding your breath, waiting for him to fuck up?
Maybe this is the new United States of America.
No child left behind indeed.
post #297 of 455
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
post #298 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

If you have been following the thread, the tax cuts aren't resonating with the middle class.

Dude, I don't know WTF your problem is, but I'm not really down with it. I've been in this thread since it started, thank you. And about 2D thinking- you may have a case of it- you are attacking me because I said one thing in support of the president. You are that which you seek. Congrats. If you read the body of my posts, you'd get it.

"Resonating" is a talking-points term... middle class (and all other) people have more of THEIR money in THEIR pockets, where it belongs. "Average" people are benefitting, as is the economy.

If you are looking for a silly n00b flame war, go start it with someone else. I'm not interested in getting a piece of your problem with SDW. The 2D mind is such that it fires blindly in the dark at anything that does not look and speak like itself. There is help available.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #299 of 455
I'm just amazed that someone Soooooooooo stupid and his handlers outmaneuvered the Democrats and most political opponents for the better part of SIX YEARS. Stupid like a fox.

He wants you to believe he's a bumbling idiot. It's part of his misunderestimation campaign.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #300 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Dude, I don't know WTF your problem is, but I'm not really down with it. I've been in this thread since it started, thank you. And about 2D thinking- you may have a case of it- you are attacking me because I said one thing in support of the president. You are that which you seek. Congrats. If you read the body of my posts, you'd get it.

"Resonating" is a talking-points term... middle class (and all other) people have more of THEIR money in THEIR pockets, where it belongs. "Average" people are benefitting, as is the economy.

If you are looking for a silly n00b flame war, go start it with someone else. I'm not interested in getting a piece of your problem with SDW. The 2D mind is such that it fires blindly in the dark at anything that does not look and speak like itself. There is help available.

Quote:
From Cavuto on Business, Fox News Channel,
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274332,00.html
"Ben Stein: Charles is completely right. Compared to previous generations, the wealth of this country is phenomenal, breath-taking, off-the-charts, unbelievable. But, this is really two economies. This is really a very wonderful economy for the rich. But, for the ordinary person, wages peaked in 1973 and have never reached that peak, adjusted for inflation. There are an awful lot of home foreclosures, an awful lot of people in the upper Midwest who are really bleeding as the auto industry hemorrhages. For the rich, though, it's an incredibly great economy. For people who have capital, it's an incredibly great economy"

If you know of Ben Stein, you know he is ultra right wing capitalist.
If you had been following this thread you would have remembered this post, how could you not, unless like SDW, you agree with Stein about everything except this.

If resonate bothers you, how about the middle class doesn't buy your assertion that they are benefiting.

Tell me, what the fuck is 2D thinking.
post #301 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

If you know of Ben Stein, you know he is ultra right wing capitalist.
If you had been following this thread you would have remembered this post, how could you not, unless like SDW, you agree with Stein about everything except this.

If resonate bothers you, how about the middle class doesn't buy your assertion that they are benefiting. Tell me, what the fuck is 2D thinking.

OK, number one... I am not SDW. Go argue with him.

I believe that money belongs with those that earn it, not in DC where it can be blown on wars and useless, bloated entitlement programs. I'll ask my usual question- what do you have against people keeping more of what they earn?

On Stein- so we are to think that during this time when the wages are bad and life sucks and the middle class are starving that LETTING THEM KEEP MORE OF THEIR MONEY is a BAD thing? Explain the logic to me. If they are so downtrodden, it seems they NEED and DESERVE a tax cut, eh? Like the one they (and all other taxpayers) got? I thought so.

Here's a 2D line- tax cuts bad! People who like tax cuts- BAD! Must attack! Must flame! No mercy! Spew! Spew! Spew! No discussion. Raining ad-hominems! Fuck Bush, you wingers! <howard dean scream>
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #302 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I'm just amazed that someone Soooooooooo stupid and his handlers outmaneuvered the Democrats and most political opponents for the better part of SIX YEARS. Stupid like a fox.

He wants you to believe he's a bumbling idiot. It's part of his misunderestimation campaign.

Me, other Canucks and a good portion of the world, shake our heads and wonder, what the fuck is wrong with you dumb fucks.

It seems 911 totally turned youall into complete idiots.
Follow the idiot and here you are, in deep shit.
Can't leave Iraq, can't stay in Iraq, bomb Iran, change the premise, rehabilitate your wounded, fuck the wounded, honor the dead, keep them out of sight, etc, etc.

But the economy is good, for some, trumps everything, Bush tries to enunciate the fear factor in front of appreciative audiences, and you keep on dying for a "people" who want you gone.

Fucking amazing.

Says a lot for the American people, although, by the grace of whatever your version of your religion, Baptist, Catholic, whatever, you are seeing the light.
post #303 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

OK, number one... I am not SDW. Go argue with him.

I believe that money belongs with those that earn it, not in DC where it can be blown on wars and useless, bloated entitlement programs. I'll ask my usual question- what do you have against people keeping more of what they earn?

On Stein- so we are to think that during this time when the wages are bad and life sucks and the middle class are starving that LETTING THEM KEEP MORE OF THEIR MONEY is a BAD thing? Explain the logic to me. If they are so downtrodden, it seems they NEED and DESERVE a tax cut, eh? Like the one they (and all other taxpayers) got? I thought so.

Here's a 2D line- tax cuts bad! People who like tax cuts- BAD! Must attack! Must flame! No mercy! Spew! Spew! Spew! No discussion. Raining ad-hominems! Fuck Bush, you wingers! <howard dean scream>

Nothing wrong with tax cuts, giving to those that will hire a couple or a dozen more illegal aliens to tend their gardens or cook, clean, with it does nothing for those that could use a big ticket item, like a new stove, refrigerator, or partial payment on health care.

How much does it cost for decent, not denial of service crap because it'll cost us, HMO's, to much, for mama, papa, and 1 kid insurance, for a year, huh?

Let me assume the argument you, as a Libertarian will make.
If you can't afford it, don't do it.

Full circle, dumb fucking Americans.
post #304 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Bush is an embarrassment to the title.

Tax cuts don't seem to be resonating with the middle class.

What the fuck is this 2D thinking you keep shitting about?
Some kind of Libertarian hook?

What does that mean..."not resonating" exactly? I really have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Attack a poster on a forum, and your guy, Bush, has an original thought?
He and anyone around him are amazed if he "GETS" any of the tomes Laura reads to him.

The pinhead, Bush, can't even speak "American" for Christ's sake.

First, I wasn't addressing GWB. I was addressing jimmac. The problem here is that 1) You don't realize I am not GWB and 2) You think that because I support the President on many issues and voted for him, then I unconditionally support him. In addition, call his ideas "bad" or say you disagree strongly. Calling the guy dumb is cheap and shows you can't actually support anything you say.


Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Nice, what, the tax cuts?
If you have been following the thread, the tax cuts aren't resonating with the middle class.
Forget SDW's thinking that if it works for him, it should work for everyone.

It works for me, therefore it works for other people in my financial bracket. I am not uncommon. There are literally millions of people in my exact situation, and they all got the same benefit I did. You probably did too. You just are too intellectually dishonest and consumed with hatred of the President to realize it.
Quote:
This is a thread about the worst president in history after all.

Jimmy Carter?

Quote:

Seriously, when Bush speaks, aren't you holding your breath, waiting for him to fuck up?
Maybe this is the new United States of America.
No child left behind indeed.

Actually I agree with that. The man doesn't speak well in public. We all know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Now that one...that's creative.


Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Me, other Canucks and a good portion of the world, shake our heads and wonder, what the fuck is wrong with you dumb fucks.

It seems 911 totally turned youall into complete idiots.
Follow the idiot and here you are, in deep shit.
Can't leave Iraq, can't stay in Iraq, bomb Iran, change the premise, rehabilitate your wounded, fuck the wounded, honor the dead, keep them out of sight, etc, etc.

But the economy is good, for some, trumps everything, Bush tries to enunciate the fear factor in front of appreciative audiences, and you keep on dying for a "people" who want you gone.

Fucking amazing.

Says a lot for the American people, although, by the grace of whatever your version of your religion, Baptist, Catholic, whatever, you are seeing the light.

Try being more of an asshole next time.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #305 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

Hi, I am Satan,
I really object being mentioned in the same sentence than GW Bush.



I'm surprised he didn't call me Satan!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #306 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I'm just amazed that someone Soooooooooo stupid and his handlers outmaneuvered the Democrats and most political opponents for the better part of SIX YEARS. Stupid like a fox.

He wants you to believe he's a bumbling idiot. It's part of his misunderestimation campaign.


Pssst! I hate to tell you this but it's the people who work for him. Not him.

You know! The ones who keep falling on their swords.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #307 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

What does that mean..."not resonating" exactly? I really have no idea.



First, I wasn't addressing GWB. I was addressing jimmac. The problem here is that 1) You don't realize I am not GWB and 2) You think that because I support the President on many issues and voted for him, then I unconditionally support him. In addition, call his ideas "bad" or say you disagree strongly. Calling the guy dumb is cheap and shows you can't actually support anything you say.




It works for me, therefore it works for other people in my financial bracket. I am not uncommon. There are literally millions of people in my exact situation, and they all got the same benefit I did. You probably did too. You just are too intellectually dishonest and consumed with hatred of the President to realize it.


Jimmy Carter?



Actually I agree with that. The man doesn't speak well in public. We all know that.



Now that one...that's creative.




Try being more of an asshole next time.


God!

Head shakes!

( Sigh )



Well, it's clear you don't live in the same reality everyone else here does.

Tell me is the sky a different color there?

Do trees talk to you?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #308 of 455
" Democrats to renew pressure to withdraw troops from Iraq "

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/...eut/index.html


Well I think Bush is going to have to pull the plug sooner or later or his party will pull it for him.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #309 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

What does that mean..."not resonating" exactly? I really have no idea.

Use the figurative meaning.

First, I wasn't addressing GWB. I was addressing jimmac. The problem here is that 1) You don't realize I am not GWB and 2) You think that because I support the President on many issues and voted for him, then I unconditionally support him. In addition, call his ideas "bad" or say you disagree strongly. Calling the guy dumb is cheap and shows you can't actually support anything you say.

Going into Iraq with all the history of Arab revolt against Israel and the history of western meddling in Mideast affairs shows why I think he is dumb, idiot, slacker, dope, etc.

Anyone with an iota of common sense would realize the shit that would be created by unleashing centuries of distrust, hatred in one fell swoop and not being prepared for it.
How many Bush appointees said, "Who Knew".





It works for me, therefore it works for other people in my financial bracket. I am not uncommon. There are literally millions of people in my exact situation, and they all got the same benefit I did. You probably did too. You just are too intellectually dishonest and consumed with hatred of the President to realize it.

The conclusions are stark. The effective federal tax rate of the top 1 percent of taxpayers has fallen from 33.4 percent to 26.7 percent, a 20 percent drop. In contrast, the middle 20 percent of taxpayers -- whose incomes averaged $51,500 in 2001 -- saw their tax rates drop 9.3 percent. The poorest taxpayers saw their taxes fall 16 percent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Aug12.html


Jimmy Carter?

Give him a week and Wikpedia will change all the different polls.



Actually I agree with that. The man doesn't speak well in public. We all know that.


Try being more of an asshole next time.

Truth hurts?
post #310 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Me, other Canucks and a good portion of the world, shake our heads and wonder, what the fuck is wrong with you dumb fucks.

It seems 911 totally turned youall into complete idiots.
Follow the idiot and here you are, in deep shit.
Can't leave Iraq, can't stay in Iraq, bomb Iran, change the premise, rehabilitate your wounded, fuck the wounded, honor the dead, keep them out of sight, etc, etc.

But the economy is good, for some, trumps everything, Bush tries to enunciate the fear factor in front of appreciative audiences, and you keep on dying for a "people" who want you gone.

Fucking amazing.

Says a lot for the American people, although, by the grace of whatever your version of your religion, Baptist, Catholic, whatever, you are seeing the light.

You are too far gone to have a meaningful debate with. Next.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #311 of 455
9/11 turned multitudes of Americans - who once touted themselves as the greatest nation on earth - into zombiodic lemmings with a Borg-like overture.

Everything not American was questioned and suspected, and questioning the government was unpatriotic. We were supposed to believe their lines hook, line and sinker... ah, hell, take the rod and reel, too. Discussion from any position even remotely critical of Amerika ist ferbotten.

Amerika under Bush is a disaster. The global image of Amerika (which most Amerikans dismiss as unimportant, hence the problem) is declining rapidly.

Sure, I have linked this before, but the Groupies for a More Bushed Amerika don't seem to read it and take note:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/06/13/news/pew1.php

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #312 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Do trees talk to you?

I know it wasn't directed to me, but as an aside, the tree DOES talk to me...

"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #313 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Pssst! I hate to tell you this but it's the people who work for him. Not him.

oops... see that "and his handlers" part. Good. Rove, Condi, Dick, and crew are the ones really running the exec. branch. More specifically, Richard Cheney.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #314 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Truth hurts?

Use the figurative meaning.

No really. I insist. What does "resonate" mean to you in this context?

Quote:
Going into Iraq with all the history of Arab revolt against Israel and the history of western meddling in Mideast affairs shows why I think he is dumb, idiot, slacker, dope, etc.

Anyone with an iota of common sense would realize the shit that would be created by unleashing centuries of distrust, hatred in one fell swoop and not being prepared for it.
How many Bush appointees said, "Who Knew".

I don't think the current level of insurgency was predicted by most people, in or out of the Bush Administration. That said, it's clear we didn't have enough troops and have made many mistakes. That's certainly not a case for the President being "stupid."

Quote:
The conclusions are stark. The effective federal tax rate of the top 1 percent of taxpayers has fallen from 33.4 percent to 26.7 percent, a 20 percent drop. In contrast, the middle 20 percent of taxpayers -- whose incomes averaged $51,500 in 2001 -- saw their tax rates drop 9.3 percent. The poorest taxpayers saw their taxes fall 16 percent.

Deceptive and highly selective. Please look at the following:



I assume you're speaking of the effective tax rate. The problem is that you're cherry picking data. I can easily turn that back around on you:



The top income earners are the ones who are paying the taxes, friend. But assuming you're correct, my question is...so? What you clearly fail to understand is that the tax cuts helped the overall economy. For some reason liberals can't get that through their heads. Tax cuts "for the rich" actually work.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #315 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

9/11 turned multitudes of Americans - who once touted themselves as the greatest nation on earth - into zombiodic lemmings with a Borg-like overture.

Everything not American was questioned and suspected, and questioning the government was unpatriotic. We were supposed to believe their lines hook, line and sinker... ah, hell, take the rod and reel, too. Discussion from any position even remotely critical of Amerika ist ferbotten.

Amerika under Bush is a disaster. The global image of Amerika (which most Amerikans dismiss as unimportant, hence the problem) is declining rapidly.

Sure, I have linked this before, but the Groupies for a More Bushed Amerika don't seem to read it and take note:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/06/13/news/pew1.php

You're hysterical. Or frightening...not sure which.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #316 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I know it wasn't directed to me, but as an aside, the tree DOES talk to me...


Ok. Despite the fact that I like Gore that was funny.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #317 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You're hysterical. Or frightening...not sure which.

But SDW he's right. I linked to that same poll which was talked about on on MSNBC.

Sorry but it's for real.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19466360/
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #318 of 455
The top earners might be paying the taxes, but not enough of them and they are the ones also who can afford accountants to help them pay less.

If you have a family that is just above the poverty line and they are paying 15%, that might bring them close to the poverty line, making them far less able to invest in education and other means that they may be able to help themselves increase their earnings, thus perpetuating their circumstances. A family with an income over $150,000, say, which is paying 31% is not hit as hard nor fairly, no matter how hard you argue it. The US is a nation of the rich caring for themselves; what is the mean worth of a member of congress?

http://kasusa.squarespace.com/intere...roll-call.html

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #319 of 455
Here's the mood out there.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/...ers/index.html




" It's the people vs. the government, new poll suggests "


" How do people think the Democratic Congress is doing after six months? Lousy. But better than the alternative. "
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #320 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I don't think the current level of insurgency was predicted by most people, in or out of the Bush Administration. That said, it's clear we didn't have enough troops and have made many mistakes. That's certainly not a case for the President being "stupid."

Er, he is the Commander and Chief, stupid.

He missed the opportunity to recruit Saddam's army into a security force (instead started the "de-Baathification"). In doing so, he created the insurgency we see today. Don't give me that Al Qaeda crap either. 2003 was the Lost Year in Iraq.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history