or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GW Bush the worst president in US history - Page 2  

post #41 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

I supose he can't be that bad a President if he he can still bully a Democratically controlled congress into giving him everything he wants, right?

As a President in official capacity, (seeing how things he wants can get accomplished by any means necessary) he's a rock star of a President, taken by that definition.

It's just that the means and the goals themselves have gotten seriously out of hand. Who, exactly, is he pushing policy for? Certainly not the Republicans. Certainly not the Democrats. Just the worst of each that lead to more top down control over the rest of us.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #42 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

It's just that the means and the goals themselves have gotten seriously out of hand. Who, exactly, is he pushing policy for? Certainly not the Republicans. Certainly not the Democrats. Just the worst of each that lead to more top down control over the rest of us.

Welcome to the New American Century

The Carlyle Group

Halliburton

Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries


The National Association of Evangelicals

I could go on but I think you know where to go, don't you?
post #43 of 455
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yeah really. Carter criticizing any President is like Donald Trump saying Bush has bad hair.

Quote:
Yes, a great humanitarian. As for a Nobel, he shouldn't have won. He is responsible for a lot of the problems we have in the Mideast today.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/p...002/press.html
"The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2002 to Jimmy Carter, for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development."

Yeah, it's all Carter's fault. Bush's way is much more appropriate.

Quote:
We won't agree about Bush. I disagree with him on several issues, but it's too early to tell what his legacy will be.

I personally think he will be the worst President in US history.

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about with Fox News. Apprently "doing no wrong" equals "not savaging the man unfairly on everything all the time."

Fox News never savages him, fairly or unfairly.
They interpret what he says, someone has to I guess, and put it in a positive light.
And not just Bush, anything Republican.
One Fair and Balanced report by Brit Hume has him opining that a Democratic President will cause your economy to tank.

Quote:
Rich Getting Richer: Stupid rhetoric. Stupid.

From Cavuto on Business, Fox News Channel,
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274332,00.html
"Ben Stein: Charles is completely right. Compared to previous generations, the wealth of this country is phenomenal, breath-taking, off-the-charts, unbelievable. But, this is really two economies. This is really a very wonderful economy for the rich. But, for the ordinary person, wages peaked in 1973 and have never reached that peak, adjusted for inflation. There are an awful lot of home foreclosures, an awful lot of people in the upper Midwest who are really bleeding as the auto industry hemorrhages. For the rich, though, it's an incredibly great economy. For people who have capital, it's an incredibly great economy"

"Laura Schwartz: Well, right now the top 1 percent of this country averages $44,000 a year because of those tax breaks. The average middle classer? $744"

Quote:
Appointing Cronies: Agreed.

Inept Cronies.

Quote:
World Opinion: OK, but I think we care too much about it. I also think American and Bush-hating is chic right now.

Yeah, who cares what the rest of the World thinks about Americans, who needs 'em.
Bush hating is no fad, it's real and by extension, Americans.
Granted, their has always been anti American feelings, but not to the degree you see now.


Quote:
Iraq: It's not in good shape. We wil have to see how it goes in the long term. I disagree that he's destroyed the whole region. The region is a mess and has been since the beginning of time.

I said PERHAPS destroying the whole region.
And you'all are well on the way to that point.

Since the beginning of time? What happened to the Cradle of Civilization?
And you say you're a teacher?

Arrogance, Ineptness, Cherry Picking what you want to hear, is why Iraq is a mess.

From here,
http://www.cato.org/dailys/11-30-03.html
"President Bush's speech ignored a classified Feb. 26, 2003, State Department report that expressed doubt that installing a new regime in Iraq will foster the spread of democracy in the Middle East. Written by the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research, the report argued that "even if some version of democracy took root ... anti-American sentiment is so pervasive that Iraqi elections in the short term could lead to the rise of Islamic-controlled governments hostile to the United States."

I remember Bush liking to quote Churchill, he never quoted this,

"Bush might also have quoted British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, who declared in his famous 1946 Iron Curtain speech that "we must never cease to proclaim in fearless tones the great principles of freedom and the rights of man," but that "it is not our duty ... to interfere forcibly in the internal affairs of countries."

Quote:
What makes him better? How about a better economy? No major terror attacks since 9/11? Record stock market? Home ownership? Minority home and business ownership? Appointing blacks and women and hispanics to high positions within the admin?

Better economy for the rich.
The high price of gas, heating oil, doesn't affect them near as much as regular folks.

And the Figurehead, Hero for terrorism, Bin Laden, is still out their.
Instead of killing the leader of your enemy, you empowered him and his followers and by the Iraq fiasco, created a new recruiting ground.
They practice their craft everyday, regrettably, you won't be any safer for a long time because of ineptness, arrogance.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...06o&refer=home
"May 15 (Bloomberg) -- Mortgages in foreclosure rose 62 percent in April and the number of Americans falling behind on home loans will climb this year as home prices fall and lending standards are tightened, RealtyTrac Inc. said."

Appointing blacks and women and hispanics with actual qualifications for the job instead of cronies would make sense.
post #44 of 455
Quote:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/p...002/press.html
"The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2002 to Jimmy Carter, for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development."

Yeah, it's all Carter's fault. Bush's way is much more appropriate.


Jimmy Carter hasn’t done jack shit for peace. What peace has he brought…anywhere? He totally fucked up the Middle East. He says the word “peace” a lot. That’s about all.

We don’t know if “Bush’s way” will work, whatever that means.

Quote:
I personally think he will be the worst President in US history.

And I’m saying that’s an absurd prediction. Such a label would likely be subjective and wouldn’t even be possible to “stick on” until at least 20 years from now.

Quote:
Fox News never savages him, fairly or unfairly.
They interpret what he says, someone has to I guess, and put it in a positive light.
And not just Bush, anything Republican.
One Fair and Balanced report by Brit Hume has him opining that a Democratic President will cause your economy to tank

Savaging a candidate is never appropriate. It just drives you bonkers that FNC is somewhat fair and leans conservative. Then…they have conservative opinion shows. How dare they! We own the media, goddmammit! Bias!

I want a link for your Brit Hume reference.

Quote:
From Cavuto on Business, Fox News Channel,
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274332,00.html
"Ben Stein: Charles is completely right. Compared to previous generations, the wealth of this country is phenomenal, breath-taking, off-the-charts, unbelievable. But, this is really two economies. This is really a very wonderful economy for the rich. But, for the ordinary person, wages peaked in 1973 and have never reached that peak, adjusted for inflation. There are an awful lot of home foreclosures, an awful lot of people in the upper Midwest who are really bleeding as the auto industry hemorrhages. For the rich, though, it's an incredibly great economy. For people who have capital, it's an incredibly great economy"

"Laura Schwartz: Well, right now the top 1 percent of this country averages $44,000 a year because of those tax breaks. The average middle classer? $744"

Whatever. More rhetorical crap, especially the last part. OMFG: Rich people get more in terms of a dollar amount in tax breaks. Shocking!

And even assuming Stein is correct: What do you propose we do about it? Limit CEO pay? Raise taxes on the rich? Sounds like someone likes redistributing wealth! 

Quote:
Yeah, who cares what the rest of the World thinks about Americans, who needs 'em.
Bush hating is no fad, it's real and by extension, Americans.
Granted, their has always been anti American feelings, but not to the degree you see now.

Sure it’s a fad. That’s exactly what it is.

Quote:
I said PERHAPS destroying the whole region.
And you'all are well on the way to that point.

Since the beginning of time? What happened to the Cradle of Civilization?
And you say you're a teacher?

Arrogance, Ineptness, Cherry Picking what you want to hear, is why Iraq is a mess.

Fuck off. You know exactly what I’m saying.

Quote:
From here,
http://www.cato.org/dailys/11-30-03.html
"President Bush's speech ignored a classified Feb. 26, 2003, State Department report that expressed doubt that installing a new regime in Iraq will foster the spread of democracy in the Middle East. Written by the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research, the report argued that "even if some version of democracy took root ... anti-American sentiment is so pervasive that Iraqi elections in the short term could lead to the rise of Islamic-controlled governments hostile to the United States."

I remember Bush liking to quote Churchill, he never quoted this,

"Bush might also have quoted British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, who declared in his famous 1946 Iron Curtain speech that "we must never cease to proclaim in fearless tones the great principles of freedom and the rights of man," but that "it is not our duty ... to interfere forcibly in the internal affairs of countries."

Why do you bother? I know where you stand. You oppose the war and feel it was a mistake. Fine. Good for you.

Quote:
Better economy for the rich.
The high price of gas, heating oil, doesn't affect them near as much as regular folks.

LOL. You sound like you’re quoting from Democratic Talking Points. The RICH! The rrrrrriiich! Oh, and tell me how the price of oil is Bush’s fault. Oh wait, I forgot…he’s in bed with his oil buddies. The bastard.

Quote:
And the Figurehead, Hero for terrorism, Bin Laden, is still out their.

Well as a teacher, I’ll point out that it’s “there” not “their” in this case. D minus for you.

Quote:
Instead of killing the leader of your enemy, you empowered him and his followers and by the Iraq fiasco, created a new recruiting ground.
They practice their craft everyday, regrettably, you won't be any safer for a long time because of ineptness, arrogance.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...06o&refer=home
"May 15 (Bloomberg) -- Mortgages in foreclosure rose 62 percent in April and the number of Americans falling behind on home loans will climb this year as home prices fall and lending standards are tightened, RealtyTrac Inc. said."

Appointing blacks and women and hispanics with actual qualifications for the job instead of cronies would make sense.

Screener, meet Organization of Thought. I’m sure you two will get along nicely.

1. Not sure there is a response that needs to be offered to your bin laden comment, other
than I’d like to get him too. I already know where you stand on the issue.

2. Uh, OK. Mortgage foreclosures are up because people over-borrowed and were drawn in by predatory lending practices by high-risk lenders. People treated their homes like ATM machines until the market slowed down. What is your point? How is this “Bush?”

3. Aren’t liberals always screaming for minorities and women to be hired? Bush has hired more minorities and women than perhaps any President, ever. But of course, you disagree with their ideological positions, so they’re incompetent and unqualified. I see. The fact is liberals are all about minorities until it’s a conservative up for something. Then that person is just another Bush crony.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #45 of 455
SDW, you are certifiably crazy. But you just be who you are, won't amount to nothing in the long run anyway.

And my cynicism has done the worst to myself. I'm tired of arguing to brainwashed chimps like you. I believe that you'd only get a clue to the Bush crimes only if it shat out of Chimpy's ass.

The Story That Should Bring Down the Republican Party

"The story, of course, is election fraud. Gaming the electoral system from the inside. To unfairly favor republicans. Favors and promotions for those who go along. Demotions, firings and blacklisting of those who dont. Nonexistent charges of voter fraud and threats or coercion for these charges to be investigated. Illegal redistricting. Petty lawsuits against the Voting Rights Act. Voter ID laws that border on illegal, if not overtly illegal. Conflict of interest between party "reelection officials" and Secretary(ies) of State. Get accustomed to hearing about it, prepare yourself to say it. And not just things that can be dismissed such as exit poll discrepancies or hackable voting machines. The real deal. The whole enchilada."

Sadly, this won't bring anyone down. Why? Because it is not one story.

There are no secret tapes, no bags of cash, no proverbial dead hooker in the trunk. Just a long list of abortions of justice and political skulduggery.

The American people won't become outraged over this because it is way too hard to understand. The nightly news has been covering the Department of Justice scandal for months now. Gonzalez has testified before Congress. The Senate will soon take up a vote of no confidence, for what that's worth.

And all for what? The issues has not gained any traction among the American people (or rock heads like SDW). Hell, it took us almost five years to come to the realization that all was not peachy in Iraq. How long until you think they realize that Karl Rove may not be of impeccable character?

What could make me even more angry/depressed?

It's Official: No Withdrawal Timeline In Congressional Dems' Bill

Sigh...
post #46 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

... brainwashed chimps like you.

Stop using words that hurt. Start using words that heal. "It only takes a minute."

Quote:
The American people won't become outraged over this because it is way too hard to understand.

We're back to those STUPID Americans who are too STUPID to get it. The ones that re-elected Boosh and Cheney. The same ones that are too stupid to be trusted with their money, or guns, or a lot of things.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #47 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Stop using words that hurt. Start using words that heal. "It only takes a minute."

Yeah, I shouldn't abuse children now should I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

We're back to those STUPID Americans who are too STUPID to get it. The ones that re-elected Boosh and Cheney. The same ones that are too stupid to be trusted with their money, or guns, or a lot of things.

Study: 38 Percent Of People Not Actually Entitled To Their Opinion
post #48 of 455
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #49 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

SDW, you are certifiably crazy. But you just be who you are, won't amount to nothing in the long run anyway.

And my cynicism has done the worst to myself. I'm tired of arguing to brainwashed chimps like you. I believe that you'd only get a clue to the Bush crimes only if it shat out of Chimpy's ass.

The Story That Should Bring Down the Republican Party

"The story, of course, is election fraud. Gaming the electoral system from the inside. To unfairly favor republicans. Favors and promotions for those who go along. Demotions, firings and blacklisting of those who dont. Nonexistent charges of voter fraud and threats or coercion for these charges to be investigated. Illegal redistricting. Petty lawsuits against the Voting Rights Act. Voter ID laws that border on illegal, if not overtly illegal. Conflict of interest between party "reelection officials" and Secretary(ies) of State. Get accustomed to hearing about it, prepare yourself to say it. And not just things that can be dismissed such as exit poll discrepancies or hackable voting machines. The real deal. The whole enchilada."

Sadly, this won't bring anyone down. Why? Because it is not one story.

There are no secret tapes, no bags of cash, no proverbial dead hooker in the trunk. Just a long list of abortions of justice and political skulduggery.

The American people won't become outraged over this because it is way too hard to understand. The nightly news has been covering the Department of Justice scandal for months now. Gonzalez has testified before Congress. The Senate will soon take up a vote of no confidence, for what that's worth.

And all for what? The issues has not gained any traction among the American people (or rock heads like SDW). Hell, it took us almost five years to come to the realization that all was not peachy in Iraq. How long until you think they realize that Karl Rove may not be of impeccable character?

What could make me even more angry/depressed?

It's Official: No Withdrawal Timeline In Congressional Dems' Bill

Sigh...


You're polarized and pathetic. At least your world is easy to understand though, black and white. It's the Evil War Mongering Criminal Election-Stealing Republicans vs. the Noble, Fair-minded, Just, Lookin' Out for Ya'll, Two Americas Democrats. Makes things simple at least. Perhaps that's a defense mechanism of your pea sized bird brain.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #50 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You're polarized and pathetic. At least your world is easy to understand though, black and white. It's the Evil War Mongering Criminal Election-Stealing Republicans vs. the Noble, Fair-minded, Just, Lookin' Out for Ya'll, Two Americas Democrats. Makes things simple at least. Perhaps that's a defense mechanism of your pea sized bird brain.


Last link
went right by ya didn't it...
post #51 of 455
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Jimmy Carter hasnt done jack shit for peace. What peace has he broughtanywhere? He totally fucked up the Middle East. He says the word peace a lot. Thats about all.

Don't read much huh?

"his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts"

"Carter's mediation was a vital contribution to the Camp David Accords between Israel and Egypt, in itself a great enough achievement to qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize."

Quote:
We dont know if Bushs way will work, whatever that means.

Most of the world except for the far loony left agreed with the action against Afghanistan and the Taliban.
Destroying Iraq, which a lot of smart and not so smart, me, saw as the result of his folly, isn't helping the situation.
From my previous post, which was ignored by you,
"anti-American sentiment is so pervasive that Iraqi elections in the short term could lead to the rise of Islamic-controlled governments hostile to the United States."

Bush's way.

Quote:
And Im saying thats an absurd prediction. Such a label would likely be subjective and wouldnt even be possible to stick on until at least 20 years from now.

I just stuck it on him.

Quote:
Savaging a candidate is never appropriate. It just drives you bonkers that FNC is somewhat fair and leans conservative. Thenthey have conservative opinion shows. How dare they! We own the media, goddmammit! Bias!

First time I've heard anyone on the right admit they lean towards conservatism.
Fair and Balanced indeed.
Ever notice the smirks, chuckles, when they talk about any Democrat? Pelosi and blinking anyone?
Never happens when talking about a Republican that I've seen in the last couple of months I've been watching.

Quote:
I want a link for your Brit Hume reference.

You can want all you want, it's been excised from the Fox News "Rush Transcript".

Quote:
Whatever. More rhetorical crap, especially the last part. OMFG: Rich people get more in terms of a dollar amount in tax breaks. Shocking!

And even assuming Stein is correct: What do you propose we do about it? Limit CEO pay? Raise taxes on the rich? Sounds like someone likes redistributing wealth! ?

Redistributing wealth is not the same as a tax cut.
Give more of a tax break to the working class.

Stein is no bleeding heart liberal, but an honest Conservative. Rare I know.

Quote:
Sure its a fad. Thats exactly what it is.

He'll be hated, scorned, for the rest of his cocooned life.

Quote:
Fuck off. You know exactly what Im saying.

You said a mess since the beginning of time. You get an "F" from me, a screenprinter.

Quote:
Why do you bother? I know where you stand. You oppose the war and feel it was a mistake. Fine. Good for you.

I thought it was wrong before they invaded, I thought they fucked up royally by letting the Guard go with their weapons.
And when the looting started and Rumsfeld just let it go on, I knew for certain Iraq was lost.

What were you thinking at the time?

Quote:
LOL. You sound like youre quoting from Democratic Talking Points. The RICH! The rrrrrriiich! Oh, and tell me how the price of oil is Bushs fault. Oh wait, I forgothes in bed with his oil buddies. The bastard.

The same way you blame everything that went wrong in the Carter Administration to Carter.

Quote:
Well as a teacher, Ill point out that its there not their in this case. D minus for you.

Just what kind of teacher are you?

Quote:
Screener, meet Organization of Thought. Im sure you two will get along nicely.



Quote:
1. Not sure there is a response that needs to be offered to your bin laden comment, other
than Id like to get him too. I already know where you stand on the issue.

2. Uh, OK. Mortgage foreclosures are up because people over-borrowed and were drawn in by predatory lending practices by high-risk lenders. People treated their homes like ATM machines until the market slowed down. What is your point? How is this Bush?

3. Arent liberals always screaming for minorities and women to be hired? Bush has hired more minorities and women than perhaps any President, ever. But of course, you disagree with their ideological positions, so theyre incompetent and unqualified. I see. The fact is liberals are all about minorities until its a conservative up for something. Then that person is just another Bush crony.

1. Just heard on CNN, Bush said Bin Laden laid out plans for Al Qaida to set-up in Iraq to target US soldiers.
Declassified from 2005.
Who wouda thunk it.

2. The same way you lay fault at Carter's feet for everything that went wrong in his Administration.

3. If they are unqualified and get appointed anyway, what does that say about Bush.
He's just paying off loyalty, the public be damned, See Iraq, New Orleans, Gonzales etc.
Carter fired fuckups, Bush, the "Decider" seems blind to ineptness.

Really, what and who do you teach.
post #52 of 455
screener:

Quote:
Don't read much huh?

"his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts"

"Carter's mediation was a vital contribution to the Camp David Accords between Israel and Egypt, in itself a great enough achievement to qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The first line is rhetoric. Nothing more. And as for the Camp David Accords, let me ask: How are things going in the Middle East? Seen any...uh...rockets being launched lately in Israel? There is no peace in the ME. Results matter. Rhetoric doesn't.

Quote:
Most of the world except for the far loony left agreed with the action against Afghanistan and the Taliban.
Destroying Iraq, which a lot of smart and not so smart, me, saw as the result of his folly, isn't helping the situation.
From my previous post, which was ignored by you,
"anti-American sentiment is so pervasive that Iraqi elections in the short term could lead to the rise of Islamic-controlled governments hostile to the United States."

Bush's way.

So your indicting his entire foreign policy based in Iraq? What other complaints do you have? How about the breakthrough with NK's program? That was the epitomy of multilateralism. I see you just ignored that. Bush's way.

Quote:
Redistributing wealth is not the same as a tax cut.
Give more of a tax break to the working class.

Stein is no bleeding heart liberal, but an honest Conservative. Rare I know.

Um, could you please attempt to read and comprehend posts? I never claimed tax cuts=redistributing wealth. I am saying you clearly favor redistributing the wealth in this nation, because you feel the rich are not taxed fairly and take issue with them getting richer.

Now, you want more of a tax break for the middle class. OK, fine. Totally agree. However, you do realize that the middle class has already gotten huge tax breaks from the Bush cuts, yes? And you realize that the dollar to dollar comparison is useless and rehtorical nonsense, hmm? You have to talk about tax cuts in terms of percentages, not dollars. The rich pay more and therefore get more during a cut. It's simple math, screener. 4th grade math.

Quote:
I thought it was wrong before they invaded, I thought they fucked up royally by letting the Guard go with their weapons.
And when the looting started and Rumsfeld just let it go on, I knew for certain Iraq was lost.

What were you thinking at the time?

So you thought every major intel agency in the world was wrong? France was wrong? Britain? Russia? You thought Saddam dismantled his program even though he didn't provide evidence of doing so as required under international law? We've seen nations verifiably disarm. Saddam didn't. What made you think they/we were wrong?

I agree that the occupation phase was mismanaged. We didn't have enough troops. The should not have disbanded the Army. Those are all fair criticisms in my book.

Quote:
The same way you blame everything that went wrong in the Carter Administration to Carter.

No, not the same. I point to specific actions and approaches under Carter.

Quote:
Just what kind of teacher are you?

One that understands grammar.

Quote:
1. Just heard on CNN, Bush said Bin Laden laid out plans for Al Qaida to set-up in Iraq to target US soldiers.
Declassified from 2005.
Who wouda thunk it.

2. The same way you lay fault at Carter's feet for everything that went wrong in his Administration.

3. If they are unqualified and get appointed anyway, what does that say about Bush.
He's just paying off loyalty, the public be damned, See Iraq, New Orleans, Gonzales etc.
Carter fired fuckups, Bush, the "Decider" seems blind to ineptness.

Really, what and who do you teach.

1. Point?

2. Uh, you said that already. It's not true. Carter was at fault for the failed hostage rescue attempt. He allowed Iran's government to fall. He did nothing to stimulate the economy. His personal approach was not optimistic, not forward-looking. His ME peace initiatives were utter failures. All of that is Carter's fault.

3. Is Rice unqualified? Was Rod Paige? Margaret Spellings? I know you dislike Gonzales, but my feeling is that is a trumped up scandal. I suppose we can disagree. But I have some more for you to chew on: Carlos Gutierrez? Martinez? He's hired a ton of women and minorities. I guess they are all incompetent though.

I teach music. Not sure why that would be relevant, but I'm sure you'll find some way to pervert it to support your positions.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #53 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I teach music. Not sure why that would be relevant, but I'm sure you'll find some way to pervert it to support your positions.

Yea, I mean, WTF can a music teacher know about anything, you foolish, foolish man. Geez.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #54 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Yea, I mean, WTF can a music teacher know about anything

Apparently everything.
post #55 of 455
Quote:
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
~Benjamin Franklin

I've been thinking about this quote lately, and how much it applies to the Bush administration. What amazes me the most is his unwillingness to learn from his mistakes. Most politicians know when to change tactics to 'go with the political flow', but Bush just keeps banging his head into the wall, hoping the wall will move. For example, Afghanistan is still unfinished, over four years of quagmire in Iraq with no clean withdrawal in sight, and now we're rattling sabers at Iran.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #56 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Yea, I mean, WTF can a music teacher know about anything, you foolish, foolish man. Geez.

Toot toot!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #57 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

I've been thinking about this quote lately, and how much it applies to the Bush administration. What amazes me the most is his unwillingness to learn from his mistakes. Most politicians know when to change tactics to 'go with the political flow', but Bush just keeps banging his head into the wall, hoping the wall will move. For example, Afghanistan is still unfinished, over four years of quagmire in Iraq with no clean withdrawal in sight, and now we're rattling sabers at Iran.

Andn why, pray tell, is "going with the political flow" a good thing? That's exactly what I don't want in a President. Any President.

Now, Afghanistan: Of course it's "unfinished." What else would you expect? It's not a quick thing to turn around an entire country, set up a Democracy, etc.

Iraq? OK, there is no clean withdrawal. But that doesn't fit your overall point, because tactics and strategy are changing. They're just not changing like you want them to.

Iran? You have to be kidding. Rattling sabers? This view astounds me. It's Iran that's being provocative. The admin has stated repeatedly that it wants to solve the issue diplomatically. Iran is the one defying the world, killing US soldiers in Iraq, and generally threatening everyone in the region. But yeah, it's the US. Shit, it's like you live in a bizzaro world.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #58 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Iran? You have to be kidding. Rattling sabers? This view astounds me. It's Iran that's being provocative. The admin has stated repeatedly that it wants to solve the issue diplomatically. Iran is the one defying the world, killing US soldiers in Iraq, and generally threatening everyone in the region. But yeah, it's the US. Shit, it's like you live in a bizzaro world.

First, I didn't know you were a music teacher SDW. Cool. I will not try to mess with that from now on. But you will have to be a good boy an learn about some lessons that history has tried to warn us about and that this administration (and others 60 years before them) seems to ignore...

Tell me why Bush and his Saudi friends have lost control of the radical terrorist group they secretly financed in Lebanon to counter Iran? Sound familiar? It happened with Bin Laden in the 80's.

"We're in the business of creating ... sectarian violence." - Seymour Hersh

Bizzaro World indeed...

post #59 of 455
Quote:
The first line is rhetoric. Nothing more. And as for the Camp David Accords, let me ask: How are things going in the Middle East? Seen any...uh...rockets being launched lately in Israel? There is no peace in the ME. Results matter. Rhetoric doesn't.

Read much?
Camp David Accord, Egypt, Israel, seen any rockets going back and forth between the two?

TRYING to forge Peace agreements is a noble cause, trying to force Democracy on a country militarily is folly.

Especially when you ignore reports that say the situation may backfire on you and you go ahead and do it anyway with insufficient resources.

You could argue that the worsening situation in the Middle East is a result of Bush's policy of ignoring, refusing dialogue, calling some terrorist states, threatening military action.


Quote:
So your indicting his entire foreign policy based in Iraq? What other complaints do you have? How about the breakthrough with NK's program? That was the epitomy of multilateralism. I see you just ignored that. Bush's way.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...414936,00.html
"Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton said the agreement rewards North Korea for bad behavior while encouraging Iran to ignore international demands that it roll back its nuclear program and hold out for a better deal.

``I will be the saddest man in Washington'' if Bush goes along with the agreement, Bolton told reporters. ``I think the agreement is fundamentally flawed.''

"Analysts say that at the start of the Bush administration North Korea probably had enough material to build one or two weapons, and now probably could produce at least 10."

Sounds like Clinton's deal, except now they have the nukes.
Maybe you should have ignored this.

Quote:
Um, could you please attempt to read and comprehend posts? I never claimed tax cuts=redistributing wealth. I am saying you clearly favor redistributing the wealth in this nation, because you feel the rich are not taxed fairly and take issue with them getting richer.

Tax Revenue does redistribute wealth, paying for services, roads, military government, etc.
I don't take issue with the rich getting richer, I take issue with the working class, according to Stein, aren't keeping up.

Quote:
Now, you want more of a tax break for the middle class. OK, fine. Totally agree. However, you do realize that the middle class has already gotten huge tax breaks from the Bush cuts, yes? And you realize that the dollar to dollar comparison is useless and rehtorical nonsense, hmm? You have to talk about tax cuts in terms of percentages, not dollars. The rich pay more and therefore get more during a cut. It's simple math, screener. 4th grade math.

The dollar to dollar comparison was from the link I provided. From Fox News talking heads.
Give more of a tax cut to the working class that needs it more, and less of one to those that don't.
That's my feeling.

Quote:
So you thought every major intel agency in the world was wrong? France was wrong? Britain? Russia? You thought Saddam dismantled his program even though he didn't provide evidence of doing so as required under international law? We've seen nations verifiably disarm. Saddam didn't. What made you think they/we were wrong?

Yes I did, Saddam wasn't a threat according to many, even the Intel community which never gave definitive proof, otherwise the weapons inspectors would have found them.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/03/21/iraq.weapons/
"I think it's clear that in March, when the invasion took place, the evidence that had been brought forward was rapidly falling apart," Hans Blix, who oversaw the agency's investigation into whether Iraq had chemical and biological weapons, said on CNN's "Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer."

Blix described the evidence Secretary of State Colin Powell presented to the U.N. Security Council in February 2003 as "shaky," and said he related his opinion to U.S. officials, including national security adviser Condoleezza Rice."

Quote:
I agree that the occupation phase was mismanaged. We didn't have enough troops. The should not have disbanded the Army. Those are all fair criticisms in my book.

And who decided, using the advisors he surrounded himself with, DECIDED.

Quote:
No, not the same. I point to specific actions and approaches under Carter.

See above.
I never said Carter was a great President, I said Bush is worse and believe he will do nothing worthwhile in his post Presidency.

Quote:
One that understands grammar.

Back at ya, "Fuck off".


Quote:
1. Point?

Didn't the Administration and supporters say Bin Laden's capture didn't matter because he's in a cave and isn't a threat?

Here's one,
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...8/175544.shtml
"It's funny how they [liberals] describe the war on terrorism in the most limited way possible – only as the pursuit of Osama bin Laden. He’s irrelevant now. He’s hiding in a cave. Al-Zarqawi was still killing people.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/14/barnes-osama/
"Weekly Standard editor Fred Barnes appeared on Fox this morning to discuss his recent meeting with President Bush in the Oval Office. The key takeaway for Barnes was that “bin Laden doesn’t fit with the administration’s strategy for combating terrorism.” Barnes said that Bush told him capturing bin Laden is “not a top priority use of American resources.”

Yet Bush felt the need to bring up Bin Laden's relevancy, why?


Quote:
2. Uh, you said that already. It's not true. Carter was at fault for the failed hostage rescue attempt. He allowed Iran's government to fall. He did nothing to stimulate the economy. His personal approach was not optimistic, not forward-looking. His ME peace initiatives were utter failures. All of that is Carter's fault.

Yet none of Bush's failings are his fault, truly amazing point of view.

Quote:
3. Is Rice unqualified? Was Rod Paige? Margaret Spellings? I know you dislike Gonzales, but my feeling is that is a trumped up scandal. I suppose we can disagree. But I have some more for you to chew on: ? Martinez? He's hired a ton of women and minorities. I guess they are all incompetent though.

So what exactly has Rice accomplished, maybe still pondering how planes could be used as missiles.
We could list all that are competent or not, my point is Bush rewards loyalty above all else, competent or not.

Quote:
I teach music. Not sure why that would be relevant, but I'm sure you'll find some way to pervert it to support your positions.

Just wondering why you feel the need to point out spelling mistakes.
Makes perfect sense now.
post #60 of 455
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


I teach music. Not sure why that would be relevant, but I'm sure you'll find some way to pervert it to support your positions.

Music is the one thing that is common in all cultures. I made the money to buy my windmills and my solar panels in music. Music is known to enhance intelligence and retainment.

Bush therefore must be tone deaf. SDW you should try and teach our president some music. That just might help.

"Freude schoener Goetterfunke, Tochter aus Elysium, wir betreten freudentrunken Himmlische dein Heiligtum...."

SDW is the only republican music person in the country. I mostly hang out with musicians and they are all liberal to the core, maybe there are some drummers...
post #61 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

"Freude schoener Goetterfunke, Tochter aus Elysium, wir betreten freudentrunken Himmlische dein Heiligtum...."




dammit! i told myself i wouldn't make fun of it! sorry...
post #62 of 455
Quote:
I mostly hang out with musicians and they are all liberal to the core, maybe there are some drummers...

I hang out with some musicians as well, but wouldn't call SDW a "musician".

Music teachers are NOT musicians. Musicans create music and perform it publically. Music teachers have a bunch of kids as a captive audience.

Remember - those who can't do... teach!
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #63 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Remember - those who can't do... teach!

Shots! Only 99 cents! Hot Deal! Getcha cheap shots, right here. We got teecha shots, politician shots, shots at cripples and the homeless... buh-lowout prices... Getcha cheap shots... If ya didn't get ya cheap shot from FormerLurker, you paid too much!

"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #64 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

SDW is the only republican music person in the country.

Damn, beat me to it.

Just SDW, Ted Nugent, and the entire CMA, minus the Dixie Wrecks.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #65 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Damn, beat me to it.

Just SDW, Ted Nugent, and the entire CMA, minus the Dixie Wrecks.

Ted Nugent is a phsyco.

Proof that the entire CMA backs Bush?
Just being Republican shouldn't count.

Any one of the Dixie Chicks has more talent than Ted "Phsyco" Nugent.
The over reaction by some was just sad.
post #66 of 455
Thread Starter 
Bush: (freely interpreted from just a few minutes ago): "They will come and eat your children, at least the ones left after climate change deprived them of food and water and land to live on, the man in the white house must be idiotic enough to fall for their bait, we have the largest army and the best weapons, but still they will come and win and make you pray and fart into the air, I am the god, the decider, thy shalt not question my moronic thoughts now kneel down and pray to me in fear, my name is Nero, you dumb underling press freak I will have your liver for lunch, fear, fear, fear fear me, oh I meant them....
post #67 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

I hang out with some musicians as well, but wouldn't call SDW a "musician".

Music teachers are NOT musicians. Musicans create music and perform it publically. Music teachers have a bunch of kids as a captive audience.

Remember - those who can't do... teach!

To be fair, my brother has a music school/store and a lot of his teachers are working musicians waiting for their break.

Maybe SDW is, or maybe he's a high school band teacher or both.
As long as you love what you do, the rest doesn't matter.

I just find people that like to correct spelling mistakes and them give them a mark for it on a forum, odd.
post #68 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Proof that the entire CMA backs Bush?

Proof? <pokes in the chest> Proof! Come on. Proof!

My goodness things have gotten silly around here. Chill out and don't go looking for a fight where is isn't one.. I'd say the audience backlash against the Dixie Bitches would maybe indicate something... but who really cares?

Just to make you happy and give you something to do...

Quote:
The Country Music Association voted yesterday at it's national meeting to support the War on Terror and issued a statement endorsing the leadership of President George W. Bush. The finaly vote was 349-3, with the Dixie Chicks casting the lone dissenting votes. Results were taken from over 500 member surveys mailed last month. More more information, visit CMA.ORG.

There you go. Want some "proof" of another off-the-cuff comment?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #69 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

Bush: (freely interpreted from just a few minutes ago): "They will come and eat your children, at least the ones left after climate change deprived them of food and water and land to live on, the man in the white house must be idiotic enough to fall for their bait, we have the largest army and the best weapons, but still they will come and win and make you pray and fart into the air, I am the god, the decider, thy shalt not question my moronic thoughts now kneel down and pray to me in fear, my name is Nero, you dumb underling press freak I will have your liver for lunch, fear, fear, fear fear me, oh I meant them....

Are you off your meds?

"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #70 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Ted "Phsyco" Nugent.

"P-S-Y-C-H-O"

I would think of all people that YOU would know how to spell it.

Ted Nugent: A great patriot, and an asset to America. One of the finest men on the planet. The anti-PETA. The kill it and grill it lord of the woods. Among the top five metal guitarists of all time. NRA Board Member. All around great human being. The best. Worthy of unwavering support. <sets spring on screener's flame bait>
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #71 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Proof? <pokes in the chest> Proof! Come on. Proof!

My goodness things have gotten silly around here. Chill out and don't go looking for a fight where is isn't one.. I'd say the audience backlash against the Dixie Bitches would maybe indicate something... but who really cares?

Just to make you happy and give you something to do...



There you go. Want some "proof" of another off-the-cuff comment?

A link would have been good enough.
post #72 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

"P-S-Y-C-H-O"

I would think of all people that YOU would know how to spell it.

Ted Nugent: A great patriot, and an asset to America. One of the finest men on the planet. The anti-PETA. The kill it and grill it lord of the woods. Among the top five metal guitarists of all time. NRA Board Member. All around great human being. The best. Worthy of unwavering support. <sets spring on screener's flame bait>

Another spelling mistake caught by another oddball on a forum.

He's a phsyco.
post #73 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Ted Nugent: A great patriot, and an asset to America. One of the finest men on the planet. The anti-PETA. The kill it and grill it lord of the woods. Among the top five metal guitarists of all time. NRA Board Member. All around great human being. The best. Worthy of unwavering support. <sets spring on screener's flame bait>



I saw Ted Nugent in 1975. Opened for Black Sabbath. I don't care what his politics are, he can still rock. My ears are still ringing from that show.

Play it Ted! "Stranglehold" - 1977(76?)
post #74 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post



I saw Ted Nugent in 1975. Opened for Black Sabbath. I don't care what his politics are, he can still rock. My ears are still ringing from that show.

Play it Ted! "Stranglehold" - 1977(76?)

When it comes to entertainers, I don't much care what their politics are either.

However when Jubelum says Nugent is an asset to America, one of the finest men on the planet, I figure he must be kidding.

Read this,
http://www.campusprogress.org/tools/253/

Some believe he's just being funny, judge for yourself.
just a bit of it,

"I contribute to the dead of winter and the moans of silence, blood trails are music to my ears Im a gut pile addict The pig didnt know I was there its my kick I love shafting animals its rock n roll power. Ted Nugents World Bowhunters Magazine, Volume 1/Number 4, May 1990, p.12"

And if youre a woman who feels that his lyrics to ditties such as the immortal Wang Dang Sweet Poontang are sexist, Nugent says, Fuck you and go to a Garth Brooks show. Kiss my dogs dead, diseased, rotting ass. If you dont have a sense of humor, youre not allowed in Teds world. I dont objectify women. Id like to think that Im optimizing their hardware. Westword Newspaper, Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994"

Quite the asset.
post #75 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Quite the asset.

Two (well, three) things to keep in mind.

"It's Only Rock & Roll, But I Like It."

and

1st and 14th Amendment

To paraphrase Ted: "Freedom of speech is a good thing, it lets you hear where the crazy people are too."
post #76 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

optimizing their hardware

Coming soon from Symantec... the Ted Nugent Political Defragger and Right Wing Hardware Check! Upgrades from target shooter available!
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #77 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Two (well, three) things to keep in mind.

"It's Only Rock & Roll, But I Like It."

and

1st and 14th Amendment

To paraphrase Ted: "Freedom of speech is a good thing, it lets you hear where the crazy people are too."

Where did I say he didn't have the right to say whatever he wants to?
At least he knows he's a nutbar.

I pointed it out for those here that didn't know what a great asset he was to America.

Hell, Bush should appoint him Ambassador to... Haiti?
Spread goodwill, kill off their wildlife, train their women, etc.

Yeah, that'll work for this Administration.
post #78 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Coming soon from Symantec... the Ted Nugent Political Defragger and Right Wing Hardware Check! Upgrades from target shooter available!

You gotta love right wing comedy, it's so unexpected.
Well, maybe not.
post #79 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Where did I say he didn't have the right to say whatever he wants to?
At least he knows he's a nutbar.

Of course, that's what is so great about those amendments. And no, no attacks here. He is an old fashioned American Redneck. Did I just say that?

Quote:
I pointed it out for those here that didn't know what a great asset he was to America.

<sports announcer>"Ass" or "asset", you make the call!</sports announcer>

Quote:
Hell, Bush should appoint him Ambassador to... Haiti?

He could probably do a better job in Detroit...

Quote:
Spread goodwill, kill off their wildlife,

I don't know if you know this but he hunts on his own land and feeds his family with it. He's a millionaire and could just stock up on Omaha Steaks, but he does what he does. On his own property. If you're a vegan then that's another story...

Quote:
train their women, etc.

Yeah, he did f*ck every groupie on the planet back in the day. He's married, settled and has kids. Whatever.

Quote:
Yeah, that'll work for this Administration.

This administration killed over 600,000 Iraqis and made another 9,000 disappear. Ted's got a long way to get to that "score". I'd rather have him blast eardrums with his guitar. Shock and Awe Indeed
post #80 of 455
Quote:
I don't know if you know this but he hunts on his own land and feeds his family with it. He's a millionaire and could just stock up on Omaha Steaks, but he does what he does. On his own property. If you're a vegan then that's another story..

.

You didn't read anything from the link I provided,

"An avid hunter, Nugent was a frequent visitor to Canada until the government of Ontario cancelled the spring black bear hunt in 1999. Irate that he wouldn’t get his shot at shooting at a black bear, Nugent vowed to never set foot again in what he described as "an idiotic country."

"The preponderance of South Africa is a different breed of man…They still put bones in their noses, they still walk around naked, they wipe their butts with their hands. And when I kill an antelope for ‘em, their preference is the gut pile. That’s what they fucking want to eat, the intestines. These are different people. You give them toothpaste, they fucking eat it.” Detroit Free Press Magazine, July 15, 1990"

I'm no Vegan, but I don't get a kick out of killing anything.

Quote:
Yeah, he did f*ck every groupie on the planet back in the day. He's married, settled and has kids. Whatever.

It's the lack of respect he shows for women and just about anyone who doesn't think like he does.

Quote:
This administration killed over 600,000 Iraqis and made another 9,000 disappear. Ted's got a long way to get to that "score". I'd rather have him blast eardrums with his guitar. Shock and Awe Indeed

I hope this never happens,

"He was briefly mentioned as a potential Illinois Senatorial candidate for the Republican Party in 2004. Unfortunately, it never came to fruition: if nothing else, a race between the Nuge and Barack Obama would’ve topped Nugent’s past stunts for sheer spectacle."

But then someone will remember this,

"As patriotic as Uncle Ted claims to be, he pulled a nasty stunt to evade Uncle Sam during the Vietnam War. In a July 15, 1990, Detroit Free Press interview, Nugent crowed about how he managed to dodge the draft. He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he disavowed personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and with a week to go until the physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether. When the big day came, he had been living in excrement-caked and urine-stained pants. Always the hero, however, Nugent reassured the Free Press, “But if I would have gone over there, I’d have been killed, or I’d have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes. I would have killed everybody."

Would that matter to anyone on the right?

Probably not, he's just a typical redneck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history