or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history

GW Bush the worst president in US history - Page 11  

post #401 of 455
Pressure? Within the jimmac CNN Link Machine? There are other websites, I think...
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #402 of 455
Not for Jimmac, there isn't.

We should bring the troops home so they can note that our own Congress doesn't meet ANY benchmarks with regard to getting work done here.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #403 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

We should bring the troops home so they can note that our own Congress doesn't meet ANY benchmarks with regard to getting work done here.

Nick

I just love how you keep whining about the D's not doing anything, particularly when the would have to march in lockstep and carry about ~10 of the R's in the Senate and about ~30 R's in the House, to override Chimpy's veto power, something Chimpy rarely used in the previous 6 years, when not a whole lot was done in the legislature other than take away our freedoms!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #404 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

take away our freedoms!

Naydookerfreedhums!

Now we can look forward to having another group of freedoms taken away by the OTHER party... the right to keep the money you earn, the RKBA, and the rest of the eeeevil "freedoms" the left hates. Spare me, please. And, of course, the assault on privacy, the open borders, and assailing capitalism will continue as planned. Wow-eee have we lucked out!

Anyone catching on yet...? It matters not who you elect, freedom always loses.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #405 of 455
...here it is.

Becomes first president to go into the billions (7 billion to be exact) for executive office spending.
post #406 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

...here it is.

Becomes first president to go into the billions (7 billion to be exact) for executive office spending.

Government spending? Out of control you say? Surely you jest....
Wanna join with me in calling for an across the board tax cut for all people who pay taxes, and making the (same) Bush tax cuts permanent?
Maybe wean the government from our wallets for a change?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #407 of 455
Quote:

...here it is.

So now we know what's in Cheney's "manly" safe! And what's in that wheelbarrow he uses each evening.
post #408 of 455
Who needs government salary or pensions when you have the Carlyle Group?
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #409 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Government spending? Out of control you say? Surely you jest....
Wanna join with me in calling for an across the board tax cut for all people who pay taxes, and making the (same) Bush tax cuts permanent?
Maybe wean the government from our wallets for a change?

\t
Party of financial responsibility! Party of financial responsibility!
post #410 of 455
Quote:

Party of financial responsibility! Party of financial responsibility!

We have one? Where? Don't make me speak The Name... I'll send ShawnJ into orbit.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #411 of 455
post #412 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

I just love how you keep whining about the D's not doing anything, particularly when the would have to march in lockstep and carry about ~10 of the R's in the Senate and about ~30 R's in the House, to override Chimpy's veto power, something Chimpy rarely used in the previous 6 years, when not a whole lot was done in the legislature other than take away our freedoms!

Hey there are loads of issues, easy to comprehend and build consensus around, easy to fit onto a bumper sticker and demagogue, that they have not taken up yet.

Earmarks... still here...
Guantanamo... still here...
Patriot Act... still not revised...

There is plenty of low hanging fruit, plenty of items that are not ending the war in Iraq on X date... that are available to vote on, and that would even grab those ten Republicans in the Senate.

I seem to remember loads of hay being made about cargo container inspection as they come into ports... I'm sure they never grab 10 Republicans to go along with inspections to prevent terrorism.

Ah.... but we couldn't that. We still have more investigations to add to the three hundred already underway.

Nick

post #413 of 455
Quote:

Nick

Funny how complacent you were during the Republican congress.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #414 of 455
Quote:

Hey there are loads of issues, easy to comprehend and build consensus around, easy to fit onto a bumper sticker and demagogue, that they have not taken up yet.

Earmarks... still here...
Guantanamo... still here...
Patriot Act... still not revised...

There is plenty of low hanging fruit, plenty of items that are not ending the war in Iraq on X date... that are available to vote on, and that would even grab those ten Republicans in the Senate.

I seem to remember loads of hay being made about cargo container inspection as they come into ports... I'm sure they never grab 10 Republicans to go along with inspections to prevent terrorism.

Ah.... but we couldn't that. We still have more investigations to add to the three hundred already underway.

Nick

You crack me up Trumpy. You really do.

How long, exactly, have the D's been in control on Congress again? How long were the R's in controll of EVERYTHING?
post #415 of 455
Here's what we do know for sure.

Remember not that long ago how red-faced the Republicans got over the "F" word?

Looks like the "Filibuster" is suddenly, without a shred of irony, the Republicans new favorite game. Interesting, isn't it?

Now, what's even more sad is that the Democrats are letting them get away with it. Spineless assholes.

Oh, yeah, and I remember how the "liberal" media was all over Democrat's asses for even mentioning the "F" word.

Now that this is a regularly used tactic for Republicans? The media? Chirp chirp.

God it must be good to be a Republican. Up is down. Wrong is right. Hypocrisy knows no bounds amongst these cretens.

Quote:
There seems to be no mention in the press of the current use of the threat of filibuster by Senate Republicans. In the previous Congress, as I recall, there was much criticism of Democrats for suggesting that they might filibuster Bush's Court appointments. Am I wrong in thinking that Republicans have stopped ordinary legislation at least twice in the last week by threatening extended debate? But where's the mention of it in the press? In the NYT story this morning about the amendment to give troops more time at home, the f-word only appears in the second to last paragraph. shouldn't they be called on this?

post #416 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

God it must be good to be a Republican. Up is down. Wrong is right. Hypocrisy knows no bounds amongst these cretens.

Hypocrisy? Let's see... <spins the big wheel> <click click click... "GUN CONTROL">

Borris Miles- Democrat- Texas House... voted against the right to "stand your ground" in your own home... just this past spring in the Texas Legislature.

Quote:
The freshman lawmaker was one of a handful of representatives who voted against a bill designed to strengthen the state's self-defense statute during the legislative session earlier this year.

Sunday night he SHOT AN INTRUDER IN HIS HOME. Golden. Self defense rights for him when they serve his needs, but not for us. "Slight" hypocrisy.

Mayor Frank Melton- Jackson Mississippi... had a gun in both a church and on a university campus in violation of state law... CONVICTED on multiple charges. Not a big deal, right?... until you check around and see that Melton is a member of Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition who is seeking massive abridgment of other peoples' rights to possess self-defense firearms. Melton refuses to follow the gun laws we have, then trots out with a group that wants to make more gun laws. Golden. A gun grabber who breaks gun laws. "Slight" hypocrisy.

And let's not forget that prolific enemy (as in repeal) of the RKBA Dianne Feinstein, who carried a gun when she felt threatened in San Francisco. Tidy.

And maybe we can get a cameo with Chucky Schumer's armed bodyguard, in Schumer's fantasy world where "average people" do not deserve the same protection that he demands. Again, how Tidy. Utterly swimming in hypocritical bullshit.

Oh, you want Republicans? Pick five at random and I'll show you three that have some hypocrisy with corporations or hookers or conflict of interest problems. Just like their friends across the isle. But hey, why slow you down with the reality that neither party gives two shits about you or me.... you're on a roll...
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #417 of 455
Quote:

Pressure? Within the jimmac CNN Link Machine? There are other websites, I think...

No. Mr. Bush has nothing to fear from me.

I'm just pointing out what should be obvious and if you can't see it you're a fiool. Oh wait.....
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #418 of 455
Quote:

Naydookerfreedhums!

Now we can look forward to having another group of freedoms taken away by the OTHER party... the right to keep the money you earn, the RKBA, and the rest of the eeeevil "freedoms" the left hates. Spare me, please. And, of course, the assault on privacy, the open borders, and assailing capitalism will continue as planned. Wow-eee have we lucked out!

Anyone catching on yet...? It matters not who you elect, freedom always loses.

Even a libertarian?
post #419 of 455
Quote:

Nick

There are other websites but except for the one's that are really biased are all starting to say the same thing.

Really Trumpy you're getting as bad as SDW in your comebacks. If he can't do anything else he attacks the news source as well. A popular news source at that. By the way I use MSNBC alot also and they say the same thing.
post #420 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

No. Mr. Bush has nothing to fear from me.

I'm just pointing out what should be obvious and if you can't see it you're a fiool. Oh wait.....

Oooooooooooooo! And I DON'T want to be a fiool! I wood bee dumb two knot sea!

Pssst... If you are going to call people names because you erroneously think they are less intelligent than you, at least spell the insult right.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #421 of 455
Quote:

Even a libertarian?

I am sure that once a libertarian congress got elected and went through a few cycles we'd start to see the nature of human beings and power yet again. <ahhnold> "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves..." That being said, we'd still be able to make a dent in a hundred years of losses..
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #422 of 455
Quote:

I am sure that once a libertarian congress got elected

..... ..
post #423 of 455
Quote:

Hypocrisy? Let's see... <spins the big wheel> <click click click... "GUN CONTROL">

Borris Miles- Democrat- Texas House... voted against the right to "stand your ground" in your own home... just this past spring in the Texas Legislature.

Sunday night he SHOT AN INTRUDER IN HIS HOME. Golden. Self defense rights for him when they serve his needs, but not for us. "Slight" hypocrisy.

Mayor Frank Melton- Jackson Mississippi... had a gun in both a church and on a university campus in violation of state law... CONVICTED on multiple charges. Not a big deal, right?... until you check around and see that Melton is a member of Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition who is seeking massive abridgment of other peoples' rights to possess self-defense firearms. Melton refuses to follow the gun laws we have, then trots out with a group that wants to make more gun laws. Golden. A gun grabber who breaks gun laws. "Slight" hypocrisy.

And let's not forget that prolific enemy (as in repeal) of the RKBA Dianne Feinstein, who carried a gun when she felt threatened in San Francisco. Tidy.

And maybe we can get a cameo with Chucky Schumer's armed bodyguard, in Schumer's fantasy world where "average people" do not deserve the same protection that he demands. Again, how Tidy. Utterly swimming in hypocritical bullshit.

Oh, you want Republicans? Pick five at random and I'll show you three that have some hypocrisy with corporations or hookers or conflict of interest problems. Just like their friends across the isle. But hey, why slow you down with the reality that neither party gives two shits about you or me.... you're on a roll...

We're not discussing gun control here, are we? Nice try though.
post #424 of 455
Quote:

We're not discussing gun control here, are we? Nice try though.

NO... we are in a discussion about hypocrisy. It just turns out that the big wheel stopped on that when I spun it. Maybe I need to spin again and try another issue... <goes to filing cabinet>
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #425 of 455
Quote:

I am sure that once a libertarian congress got elected and went through a few cycles we'd start to see the nature of human beings and power yet again. <ahhnold> "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves..." That being said, we'd still be able to make a dent in a hundred years of losses..

It wouldn't take that long! The problem is people not parties. That's what you've got to change.
post #426 of 455
From Bush's last Press Conference,
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0070712-5.html

The first question asked wasn't answered,
Quote:
Q Mr. President, you started this war, a war of your choosing, and you can end it alone, today, at this point -- bring in peacekeepers, U.N. peacekeepers. Two million Iraqis have fled their country as refugees. Two million more are displaced. Thousands and thousands are dead. Don't you understand, you brought the al Qaeda into Iraq.

Answer in a nutshell,
Quote:
My attitude is we ought to defeat them there so we don't have to face them here, and that we ought to defeat their ideology with a more hopeful form of government.

To hell with the dead troops, dead and displaced Iraqis.

Quote:
Q But, sir, on that point, what evidence can you present to the American people that the people who attacked the United States on September the 11th are, in fact, the same people who are responsible for the bombings taking place in Iraq? What evidence can you present? And also, are you saying, sir, that al Qaeda in Iraq is the same organization being run by Osama bin Laden, himself?

Quote:
THE PRESIDENTtAl Qaeda in Iraq has sworn allegiance to Osama bin Laden.

I thought Osama didn't matter, wasn't that neocon talk?
He has no influence hiding in a cave.
Doesn't matter that we had him and let him slip by.

Quote:
Q Thank you, sir. You have spoken passionately about the consequences of failure in Iraq. Your critics say you failed to send enough troops there at the start, failed to keep al Qaeda from stepping into the void created by the collapse of Saddam's army, failed to put enough pressure on Iraq's government to make the political reconciliation necessary to keep the sectarian violence the country is suffering from now from occurring. So why should the American people feel you have the vision for victory in Iraq, sir?

Quote:
THE PRESIDENTtThose are all legitimate questions that I'm sure historians will analyze. I mean, one of the questions is, should we have sent more in the beginning? Well, I asked that question, do you need more, to General Tommy Franks. In the first phase of this operation, General Franks was obviously in charge, and during our discussions in the run up to the decision to remove Saddam Hussein after he ignored the Security Council resolutions. My primary question to General Franks was, do you have what it takes to succeed? And do you have what it takes to succeed after you succeed in removing Saddam Hussein? And his answer was, yes.

Is Bush blaming Franks for not taking into account the terrorists might retaliate?

Quote:
Q The intelligence analysts are saying al Qaeda has reconstituted in areas of Pakistan, saying the threat to the West is greater than ever now, as great as 2001.

Quote:
THE PRESIDENT:There is a perception in the coverage that al Qaeda may be as strong today as they were prior to September the 11th. That's just simply not the case. I think the report will say, since 2001, not prior to September the 11th, 2001.

al Qaeda is as strong today as it was since 911.
911 was al Qaeda's greatest success and at the height of it's strength.

Yup, the War on Terror is a great success.

Thank you George W, worst President in history.
post #427 of 455
Quote:

Oooooooooooooo! And I DON'T want to be a fiool! I wood bee dumb two knot sea!

Pssst... If you are going to call people names because you erroneously think they are less intelligent than you, at least spell the insult right.

You know I do have things going on around me on a saturday morning like when I typed this.

But if you really want we can continue the Jubelum - jimmac spelling/typo bee if you really want?
post #428 of 455
Quote:

You know I do have things going on around me on a saturday morning like when I typed this.

But if you really want we can continue the Jubelum - jimmac spelling/typo bee if you really want?

Naahhh... just that you make snide adhoms, while not even using a spell checker when calling someone a "fiool" is funny to me. In an endearing way. All of this at the same time you are trying to draw us to every CNN story ever written on that "fiool" GWB. He runs a branch of government, you don't even run a spell checker, and then you call others foolish. Oh, dear sweet jimmac, shall thy remain as ye are forever.

BTW... let me add that "I'm having a life and not posting here (in a POST HERE)" to your other "let me finish" and "I'm older and smarter" and "pouncing" greatest hits. Too damn funny. You, in your fioolish ways, do not see the humor in someone criticizing someone for posting on a message board- while, um,... POSTING ON A MESSAGE BOARD. If you have SUCH a busy "life" that you keep wanting us all to get excited about, then maybe you should take less time here, for the benefit of everyone.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #429 of 455
Quote:

Naahhh... just that you make snide adhoms...

That's fucking rich.
post #430 of 455
Quote:

That's fucking rich.

Example, please. Hell, while you are at it... toss in some content as well.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #431 of 455
Why bother. I'm a liberal. You won't listen anyway.
post #432 of 455
Quote:

Why bother. I'm a liberal. You won't listen anyway.

Thank you, Constable. Can we be on our way now?

You have GOT to tell me where you got that crystal ball. You need to return it, because it keeps showing distorted, 2D visions. Why not stop making stereotypical, incorrect predictions and give it the ole "college try."

If not, I can work it out... "why bother" can be solved by "ignore list."
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #433 of 455
Quote:

Thank you, Constable. Can we be on our way now?

You have GOT to tell me where you got that crystal ball. You need to return it, because it keeps showing distorted, 2D visions. Why not stop making stereotypical, incorrect predictions and give it the ole "college try."

If not, I can work it out... "why bother" can be solved by "ignore list."

Dude. Come on bro! It's obvious you and I come here for the same reasons. To take pot shots at those who represent what pisses us off. And to make a point or two.

But don't sit there on your perch and pretend that you've only engaged in productive dialog.
post #434 of 455
Quote:

Dude. Come on bro! It's obvious you and I come here for the same reasons. To take pot shots at those who represent what pisses us off. And to make a point or two.

But don't sit there on your perch and pretend that you've only engaged in productive dialog.

Only? No. I just do my best to not do the "predictive debate" routine with what I just *know* the other side is going to say. Why bother typing it... just have the predetermined conversation with yourself. Every once in awhile, almost every user here can surprise me. Who the hell here would have every placed a bet on me being a labor organizer?

I don't come here for the pot shot thing, sorry. I come here because it is very easy for me to lose touch with what the rest of the country is thinking and feeling, because I live in a red town, in a red county, in a very red state. I have no interest in living anywhere else... but becoming insulated politically is a move that... well... Karl Rove might pull. Sometimes I read a very compelling and well-reasoned screed by Fellows or Sego or a number of others and it reboots my system on certain issues.

I can say from experience that I'm working on that wisdom from Fellows to "evaluate other cultures and learn." To me, California moonbat liberalism is another culture. I may powerfully disagree with it, but there has to be some reason that so many follow it. Same thing with the true Wingers. Now, I get thrown in the box with the "Winger" label, and it's honestly funny how it goes. Every time I hear "winger" it is a check to remind me that I know no one here, and they do not know me. The Wingers I know in the Real World don't want a lot to do with me, because of my work in Southern civil rights, labor organizing, and restorative justice.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #435 of 455
Don't forget gun control.

Republicans are now distancing from Bush.
The Iraqis say they can move ahead without the US.

Bush wants to stay the course.

As we saw with the the elementary school class back in 2001, he likes to stay the course.

Stay the course now and no republican will get elected to any office for some time, regardless of how well the dumbocrats do or don't do.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #436 of 455
Quote:

Naahhh... just that you make snide adhoms, while not even using a spell checker when calling someone a "fiool" is funny to me. In an endearing way. All of this at the same time you are trying to draw us to every CNN story ever written on that "fiool" GWB. He runs a branch of government, you don't even run a spell checker, and then you call others foolish. Oh, dear sweet jimmac, shall thy remain as ye are forever.

BTW... let me add that "I'm having a life and not posting here (in a POST HERE)" to your other "let me finish" and "I'm older and smarter" and "pouncing" greatest hits. Too damn funny. You, in your fioolish ways, do not see the humor in someone criticizing someone for posting on a message board- while, um,... POSTING ON A MESSAGE BOARD. If you have SUCH a busy "life" that you keep wanting us all to get excited about, then maybe you should take less time here, for the benefit of everyone.

Gee. Thanks for your candor. You really sound like your so superior! But I guess that was the point of your post eh what? By the way trolls like yourself waste everyone's time here. I say troll because they tend to harp on personal issues and not the subject at hand. You know? Just like you're constantly doing. So how come you didn't use the spell checker on your mistake in the other thread where I caught you? Hmmm?
post #437 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Don't forget gun control.

Republicans are now distancing from Bush.
The Iraqis say they can move ahead without the US.

Bush wants to stay the course.

As we saw with the the elementary school class back in 2001, he likes to stay the course.

Stay the course now and no republican will get elected to any office for some time, regardless of how well the dumbocrats do or don't do.

Yeah. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Except you forgot to mention that Bush doesn't really care. Which pretty much seals their fate.
post #438 of 455
Quote:

Gee. Thanks for your candor. You really sound like your so superior! But I guess that was the point of your post eh what? By the way trolls like yourself waste everyone's time here. I say troll because they tend to harp on personal issues and not the subject at hand. You know? Just like you're constantly doing. So how come you didn't use the spell checker on your mistake in the other thread where I caught you? Hmmm?

"your so superior ____________." (fill in the blank) Maybe you are the purveyor of ad-homonyms as well. Clicking the link will go a long way in helping you appear smarter in your dotage. An exhaustive list here, as well. Your welcome.

Go back and look at your posts. Then mine. I'll take the "trolling" and "wasting time on personal things" Pepsi Challenge with you anytime, pal. Just go count em up. I'll wait.

See? OK. Next.

This thread is a good month+ past it's worthwhile life anyway. It's just become a place for you to post masturbatory links to CNN and for others to pop in links that reiterate to everyone how much of a sunnuvabitch that Bush remains. As if we don't have the MSM for that.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #439 of 455
Quote:

This thread is a good month+ past it's worthwhile life anyway. It's just become a place for you to post masturbatory links to CNN and for others to pop in links that reiterate to everyone how much of a sunnuvabitch that Bush remains. As if we don't have the MSM for that.

Bush is the gift that keeps on giving.
Check out the views, 4500+.

Even his enablers keep on giving,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox2

Quote:
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE
Why Bush Will Be A Winner
By William Kristol
Sunday, July 15, 2007; Page B01

I suppose I'll merely expose myself to harmless ridicule if I make the following assertion: George W. Bush's presidency will probably be a successful one.

Comedy Gold, it doesn't get any better than this.

What makes you think this thread is past it's worthwhile life?
post #440 of 455
[CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER]

By the way, where is SDW2001 anyway?[/CENTER]
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GW Bush the worst president in US history