or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple - future objectives/goals

Apple - future objectives/goals

post #1 of 6
I have been trying to find specific goals concerning marketing that Steve and his crew has
sat for themselves for the future, but I haven't found much.

The only information I have found is about the the iPhone. It seems that they are aiming for a 1% of the cell phone market within the first year, but what about iTV, notebooks, Ipod's, and wireless electronics??

Can anyone help me.. and please site source?
post #2 of 6
Quickly:
"Apple does not talk about unannounced products"

Apple wants to increase profits, increase marketshare, and maintain brand image.
That's all anyone really knows.

But the iPhone is announced. And so are LED displays.
MacBook Pro C2D 2.4GHz and a battle-scarred PowerBook G4 1.33GHz

"When you gaze long into a dead pixel, the dead pixes gazes also into you"

post #3 of 6
Okay..
So they haven't mentioned anything lately regarding how large market share they want for in the handheld music industry, computer, or how many songs iTunes are hoping to sell i the near future ??
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolstade View Post

Okay..
So they haven't mentioned anything lately regarding how large market share they want for in the handheld music industry, computer, or how many songs iTunes are hoping to sell i the near future ??

Nope, they don't really have to. They own the Digital Music Industry, sold over 100 Million iPods and over 2 Billion Songs in iTunes, and they aren't doing as bad in computers as PC users would like to think, mainly because it's not Mac OS X vs Windows but Apple vs Dell vs HP vs Sony vs Toshiba vs.... etc.

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #5 of 6
I really wish I could help you, but really, we know as much as the media does(n't)...

post #6 of 6
Really the sky's the limit.

Everywhere you plug in data display or producing devices Apple will likely make a move there where it makes sense.

ATV will deliver a robust home experience for playback of audio/video/photographs. It could more into more home control/automation functionality.

iPhones will evolve quickly. Everyone is gearing up for Wimax or 4G technology which literally brings DDL/Cable Modem speeds to cell phone and notebooks. Everything changes when you have access to everything quickly ...everywhere.

Don't be surprised to see Apple providing programming for TV. Don't be surprised to see Apple delivering your phone access.

When people talk about "Services" they are talking about these upcoming features that will become a huge part of everyday life. Apple knows that there are billions upon billions of revenue opportunity here.

They are no longer Apple Computer yet their focus is still on pushing OS X into new areas. This is smart because you don't go to a steakhouse for good chicken. A company's name is important. Consumers wouldn't understand getting TV or Phone service from "Apple Computer" but would have no problems from "Apple inc"
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple - future objectives/goals