or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Jerry Falwell Dead at 73

Jerry Falwell Dead at 73 - Page 3

post #81 of 128
F that- while the whole country was mourning- that douche pot broke off and blamed americans for such and such lifestyle and said god killed them.

How is that american?

Free speech aside, it was certainly not a patriotic and american thing to say.

like I said- it's not like that coward went to times square, held a press conference and said that.
post #82 of 128
If you bitch and moan about a label, you shouldn't use it when it suits your own purposes. Frankly, we ALL need to get out of the habit of calling each other Un-American. It's just intentionally inflammatory granfaloon nonsense. I'm sick and tired of this pointless patriotism pissing match that erupts over every polemical political issue.

One more thing Mac...breathe, relax, chill out.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #83 of 128
pffghtt!

btw- here's my scene- I am laughing with my coworkers- playing foosball and about to go have our weekly soccer game. We also made a nice chunk of money today. AND TO TOP IT! it's sunny and I can ride my bike out on some beautiful california roads later! w00t!

I am loving life- so no need to breathe or chill- I am just speakin meh mind, mate!

anyways- fuck it.

Jerry falwell is a chode- don't be a chode too, BR. I never called anyone here un-american. I called telejerry unamerican- and I stand by that. but since you are sick and tired of somebody writing something on the interweb, perhaps you should breathe, chillax, and realize falwell is a chode not worth you getting sick and tired about.

know what i mean?
post #84 of 128
Falwell is a chode but taking jabs at people's patroitism just perpetuates a really retarded game that needs to end.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #85 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRR View Post

pffghtt!

btw- here's my scene- I am laughing with my coworkers- playing foosball and about to go have our weekly soccer game. We also made a nice chunk of money today. AND TO TOP IT! it's sunny and I can ride my bike out on some beautiful california roads later! w00t!

I am loving life- so no need to breathe or chill- I am just speakin meh mind, mate!

Our foosball table broke but we did get a dandy shuffle board table. Hot damn, it's fun. We call it the gentleman's game.
post #86 of 128
People's?

You mean dirt nap jerry. person.

Yea, well- I guess you've been debaitng here too long. I never jabbed at anyone's patriotism here- or anywhere. I do believe it's true when it comes to falwell.

And yes! thanks for calling him a chode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Falwell is a chode but taking jabs at people's patroitism just perpetuates a really retarded game that needs to end.
post #87 of 128
you guys broke your foosball table? man- I'd like to play with you guys .

We were looking to get another game.. we've been thinking a pool table...

but shuffle board could be intriguing.... it's just so looooong. Hard to find a place for it.

QUOTE=Outsider;1082644]Our foosball table broke but we did get a dandy shuffle board table. Hot damn, it's fun. We call it the gentleman's game.[/QUOTE]
post #88 of 128
Jubelum, Sego already asked the question, but...

Did you shed as many tears when Saddam died?
post #89 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Jubelum, Sego already asked the question, but...

Did you shed as many tears when Saddam died?

I shed few tears over either, frankly.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #90 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRR View Post

you guys broke your foosball table? man- I'd like to play with you guys .

We were looking to get another game.. we've been thinking a pool table...

but shuffle board could be intriguing.... it's just so looooong. Hard to find a place for it.

yeah, we don't mess around.

Shuffle board is long but it doesn't require the space around the table that a pool table would take.
post #91 of 128
I am amazed at the hate oozing from the compassionate left.
"some catch on faster than others"
post #92 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside grabowski View Post

what do you expect, the guy was a big turd floating in this toilet bowl we call humanity. we would have all been better off if he had taken the big flush years ago.
post #93 of 128
The man is dead. I have compassion even for Saddam Hussein.
post #94 of 128
Quote:

Whereas on the right it's just ignorance. I also call bullshit on your compassion for Saddam, really...
post #95 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Whereas on the right it's just ignorance.

Ignorance would still be better than hatred.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #96 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Whereas on the right it's just ignorance.

Sure. Or it could be an acceptance and recognition of patterns of human behaviour. You decide.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #97 of 128
OMG- why does anyone feel guilty for hating that chode?

Like- how can one possibly feel chastised- like Jube, frank777, southside are morally in the right over that?

Fukn ROFLMAO!

Whatever-

the dude was a douche.

I'd implore anyone not to feel bad if they felt the same. I mean- hmm... feel happy some dickhead hate spewing vain moron is dead and can no longer pollute the human pool, or feel compassion just cause the windbag finally kicked the KFC bucket?

I didn't have to think long about that one.

fuck him. I hope the circle teletubby is goin at him now after high fiving the triangle head one.

Alternately, I feel very sad when the human race loses someone of real value. If you live your life making a difference for everyone for THE BETTER- then you earned your respect.

Like Rosa Parks for instance...

There is just as long a list of people I mourn because they were good people. they earned their respect, and they left a legacy that left no doubts about their character. Everyone is good and bad- but if you made sure the scale was tipped for the better- than I have to give respect.

Telejerry had an opportunity due to his position to make a good difference. Instead he chose utter ignorance as his path and sucked many people down with him and made a hard life for a lot of other people all that much harder.
post #98 of 128
post #99 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I shed few tears over either, frankly.

But when you heard your peers cheering on his death and saying he deserved it, did you defend his right to respect in death, as you did to this equally hell-spawned fucktard we're discussing in this thread?
post #100 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Ignorance would still be better than hatred.

No. Because ignorance cannot focus on fixing what is wrong. Ignorance is a form of hatred that is sometimes even worse than overt hatred, because it neglects to address the problem.

Selective ignorance is a special kind of evil, for which there is a special kind of hell.

There is a reason why the educated class are overwhelmingly liberal.
post #101 of 128
Now we just have to wait for James Dobson to join him so they can be tied up and forced to watch the "homosexual" antics of Tinky Winky, Sponge Bob and Patrick in their own Room 101.
post #102 of 128
Quote:

No. Because ignorance cannot focus on fixing what is wrong. Ignorance is a form of hatred that is sometimes even worse than overt hatred, because it neglects to address the problem.

Selective ignorance is a special kind of evil, for which there is a special kind of hell.

I sense much anger in you. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering.

Quote:

There is a reason why the educated class are overwhelmingly liberal.

You have your facts mixed up.

In our society, educated people tend to be wealthier, and wealthier people tend to be overwhelmingly liberal.

Wealthier folks also tend to get comfortable with their place in life and learn to value the material and temporal things over the spiritual and eternal.

Maybe that's why Jesus said it was so hard for the rich to get into heaven.
post #103 of 128
Quote:

Maybe that's why Jesus said it was so hard for the rich to get into heaven.

Actually he didn't say it was 'hard', he said it was impossible -ie; 'easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle'.

Where's your literalism when you need it?

So, let's talk about the 'rich'; Falwell, Bakker, Robertson etc....Megachurches for instance.

You know, all those blood-suckers who time their 'appeals' to the arrival of social security checks. All those sick leeches who say that you can pray to God for money and he'll give it but they themselves bleed the finances of poor communities....

You know the ones...you call them 'saved'.

And we can talk about ignorance and hate too...Falwell specializedi in both - and like a virus he loved to spread it to others... I wonder if we can quantify how many millions of lives he and his sick ilk have actuall ruined?

So hate? Well...you are the one who has been commanded to 'love your enemies 'not 'the left'.

Can you do it? Any more than Falwell could?

And we can continue to talk about Saddam again too.....his people hated him...care to condemn them?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #104 of 128
I condemned noone Sego. I simply made an observation.
post #105 of 128
Quote:

I condemned noone Sego. I simply made an observation.

Yes Southside, that's why I was talking to Frank....are you working him with your foot?
post #106 of 128
hahaha.. seg- that's funny shit man.

i woudla said hand, but foot was more interesting.

post #107 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Actually he didn't say it was 'hard', he said it was impossible -ie; 'easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle'.

Where's your literalism when you need it?

Once again, you read well but apparently lack understanding. In the very next two verses, Jesus follows up this statement saying that this seems impossible to man, but is possible with God.

Therefore, Jesus' whole point here is that it is hard for the rich to enter heaven, not impossible.
post #108 of 128
Hmm, I wonder what it says of most conservatives, who also identify themselves as fervent Christians, who aspire to be rich. Not only rich, but super rich, and at the cost of making the poor poorer. I guess it means they (a.) like a challenge, and (b.) by making the poor poorer, they are ensuring they --the poor-- get into the kingdom of heaven.
post #109 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

super rich, and at the cost of making the poor poorer. I guess it means they (a.) like a challenge, and (b.) by making the poor poorer, they are ensuring they --the poor-- get into the kingdom of heaven.

Masterful. Comrade!

This is the problem with the thinking on the left. That every time someone gets "rich" that someone else had to be made poor. It's called a growing, expanding economy. There is not a static supply of money or product in the world, Outsider. This is just more tired class warfare rhetoric. I now reserve my right to slam any group just for being _______, without your rebuke.

I sure does explain why your side seems to think that if you just "reverse the pumps" that the poor can be made not poor because the rich are taxed shitless. It does not work that way, no matter how badly you want it to. Punishing achievers only means that there will be less inventive to achieve. Meanwhile, the US poverty rate has been static since 1964. It's not working.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #110 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Hmm, I wonder what it says of most conservatives, who also identify themselves as fervent Christians, who aspire to be rich. Not only rich, but super rich, and at the cost of making the poor poorer. I guess it means they (a.) like a challenge, and (b.) by making the poor poorer, they are ensuring they --the poor-- get into the kingdom of heaven.

I think Christians get unfairly tagged with this issue. It's not their Christianity that drives this, it's the whole culture we live in.

North American culture, driven in large part by Hollywood excesses, went down the materialist road a long time ago. Many good Christians and non-Christians have lost their way here, especially with the drive-by tele-evangelists proclaiming daily on TV how "God wants you rich" and that Christianity is somehow compatible with our society's materialist focus.

It should be noted that while Falwell did ask for donations on air, he's not one of these "health and wealth" guys.

Falwell took a 35 member congregation and built it into the sprawling Thomas Road church, a whole University, and other ventures such as the GodParent home for unwed mothers. In his spare time, he rebuilt a conservative political coalition, started a conservative opinion journal and became an unlikely national media commentator on political issues.

He was wrong on many issues, and can be legitimately criticized for many things. But he was unquestionably a driven personality who didn't spend a lot of time lazing around in a mansion, flying to exotic destinations or sitting by a swimming pool enjoying the good life. He died at his desk, which I think is a fitting testament to his life and ministry.

When people like Shaun mutter things like "good riddance" it does ring a bit shallow.
Probably because Shaun could likely be given 1000 years on this planet and not accomplish as much as Falwell did.
post #111 of 128
Quote:

Probably because Shaun could likely be given 1000 years on this planet and not accomplish as much as Falwell did.

In terms of fvcking up people's heads, spreading hate and dissension and laying waste to people's lives I would give Shaun a 10,000 year start and he wouldn't achieve anywhere near as much.

Totally agree.
post #112 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

In terms of fvcking up people's heads, spreading hate and dissension and laying waste to people's lives I would give Shaun a 10,000 year start and he wouldn't achieve anywhere near as much.

Totally agree.

More one-dimensional thinking from a one-dimensional person. The old "I don't agree with him so he's evil" diatribe. You're more like Bush than you think.

By the way, I've never understood the idea of cursing half way.

If you're going to swear, then swear. These boards don't block it out. Of course, if you think that using profanity just in your mind is somehow morally better than saying it out loud, then you understand even less of Jesus' teachings than even I thought.
post #113 of 128
Jerry Falwell -- Say Hello to Ronald Reagan!

"No man in the last century better illustrated Jesus' warning that "All men will hate you because of me" than the Rev. Jerry Falwell, who left this world on Tuesday. Separately, no man better illustrates my warning that it doesn't pay to be nice to liberals.

Falwell was a perfected Christian. He exuded Christian love for all men, hating sin while loving sinners. This is as opposed to liberals, who just love sinners. Like Christ ministering to prostitutes, Falwell regularly left the safe confines of his church to show up in such benighted venues as CNN...."

post #114 of 128
I agree with your thoughts on swearing.

FUck is just a word- and hell, who doesn't like fucking?

anyways-

onto your lil tidbit about 1 dimensional thinking... etc and onto evil and onto bush....

What part of one dimensional comes out of disagreeing with this man's philosophies?

A nicely compiled list....
-----------------------------
"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."
"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for [the attacks of Sept. 11] because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say, 'You helped this happen.'"
"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."
"Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions."
"I listen to feminists and all these radical gals -- most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men -- that's their problem."
"When you have a godly husband, a godly wife, children who respect their parents and who are loved by their parents, who provide for those children their physical and spiritual and material needs, lovingly, you have the ideal unit."
"The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews."
"I am saying pornography hurts anyone who reads it -- garbage in, garbage out."
"I am such a strong admirer and supporter of George W. Bush that if he suggested eliminating the income tax or doubling it, I would vote yes on first blush."
"I believe that global warming is a myth. And so, therefore, I have no conscience problems at all and I'm going to buy a Suburban next time."
"It is God's planet -- and he's taking care of it. And I don't believe that anything we do will raise or lower the temperature one point."
"I truly cannot imagine men with men, women with women, doing what they were not physically created to do, without abnormal stress and misbehavior."
"It appears that America's anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men's movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening."
"There's been a concerted effort to steal Christmas."
"I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!"
"The First Amendment is not without limits."
"Someone must not be afraid to say, 'moral perversion is wrong.' If we do not act now, homosexuals will 'own' America! If you and I do not speak up now, this homosexual steamroller will literally crush all decent men, women, and children who get in its way ... and our nation will pay a terrible price!"
"If he's going to be the counterfeit of Christ, [the Antichrist] has to be Jewish. The only thing we know is he must be male and Jewish."
"The argument that making contraceptives available to young people would prevent teen pregnancies is ridiculous. That's like offering a cookbook as a cure to people who are trying to lose weight."
"The whole global warming thing is created to destroy America's free enterprise system and our economic stability."
"You'll be riding along in an automobile. You'll be the driver perhaps. You're a Christian. There'll be several people in the automobile with you, maybe someone who is not a Christian. When the trumpet sounds you and the other born-again believers in that automobile will be instantly caught away -- you will disappear, leaving behind only your clothes and physical things that cannot inherit eternal life. That unsaved person or persons in the automobile will suddenly be startled to find the car suddenly somewhere crashes. ... Other cars on the highway driven by believers will suddenly be out of control and stark pandemonium will occur on ... every highway in the world where Christians are caught away from the drivers wheel." (from Falwell's pamphlet "Nuclear War and the Second Coming of Christ")
"God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve."
"You know when I see somebody burning the flag, I'm a Baptist preacher I'm not a Mennonite, I feel it's my obligation to whip him. In the name of the Lord, of course. I feel it's my obligation to whip him, and if I can't do it then I look up some of my athletes to help me. But, as long as at 72 I can handle most of the jobs I do it myself, and I don't think it's un-spiritual. When I, when I, when I hear somebody talking about our military and ridiculing and saying terrible things about our President, I'm thinking you know just a little bit of that and I believe the Lord would forgive me if I popped him."
"The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etcetera."
"The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the National Order of Witches."
"God doesn't listen to Jews."
"Tinky Winky is gay."
--------------

I think we know who was one dimensional.

Jerry "getting buttfucked by twinky" Falwell

Quote:

More one-dimensional thinking from a one-dimensional person. The old "I don't agree with him so he's evil" diatribe. You're more like Bush than you think.

By the way, I've never understood the idea of cursing half way.

If you're going to swear, then swear. These boards don't block it out. Of course, if you think that using profanity just in your mind is somehow morally better than saying it out loud, then you understand even less of Jesus' teachings than even I thought.
post #115 of 128
Quote:

In our society, educated people tend to be wealthier, and wealthier people tend to be overwhelmingly liberal.

Is that true down here, or is that just a canadian thing? When i think of the rich, I think of corporate types, or wall street junkies. Captains of enterprise, like the billionaires at the head of XOM or whatever. Sure, there are liberal sectors of richness, like movies tv and whatever, but i think its overwhelming in the other direction. there is a correlation between educated people and liberal thinking; institutions of higher learning veer left, and higher education cost is on the magnitude of a few houses in the us.
post #116 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

King James was what these days could be called the 'executive director" of the project. From your own wiki entry he wet the follownng rules and guidelines:

I read a book earlier this year, God's Secretaries, on that project. James was not much more involved than a cursory reading here and there, and the original, politically charged instructions. There were something like 30-40 different translators assigned to the text, who went off, unattended to work on their portion. There were meetings at different points where anyone of the other translators could challenge any other translation they objected to.

The KJV had more than a few errors (they didn't understand the Greek as well as they could have, and simple typos from the various publishers) which prompted a major going over in the late 19th century.

But then if there is any chance of a "King James conspiracy," Why not just pick up a widely used, and older, translation like the Geneva?

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #117 of 128
Lord Jerry Falwell's hariolations are entirely disgusting -- so much so, that if there are any children or sensitive people reading this letter, I suggest that they stop now and not read what I am about to describe. Before I get moving here, let me point out that Lord Falwell is known for walking into crowded rooms and telling everyone there that the ideas of "freedom" and "fetishism" are Siamese twins. Try, if you can, to concoct a statement better calculated to show how nerdy Lord Falwell is. You can't do it. Not only that, but he thinks that egotism is the key to world peace. Of course, thinking so doesn't make it so. A central point of his belief systems is the notion that 75 million years ago, a galactic tyrant named Xenu solved the overpopulation problem of his 76-planet federation by transporting the excess people to Earth, chaining them to volcanoes, and dropping H-bombs on them. Perhaps Lord Falwell should take some new data into account and revisit that notion. I think he'd find that what I wrote just a moment ago is not the paranoid rambling of an arrogant wacko. It's a fact. What that means, simply put, is that to get even the simplest message into the consciousness of shabby, uppity monomaniacs, it has to be repeated at least 50 times. Now, I don't want to insult your intelligence by telling you the following 50 times, but he spouts a lot of numbers whenever he wants to make a point. He then subjectively interprets those numbers to support his newsgroup postings while ignoring the fact that the last time I told his apple-polishers that I want to establish clear, justifiable definitions of elitism and recidivism so that you can defend a decision to take action when his operatives replace our natural soul with an artificial one, they declared in response, "But skin color means more than skill and gender is more impressive than genius." Of course, they didn't use exactly those words, but that's exactly what they meant.

One does not have to challenge all I stand for in order to call for proper disciplinary action against Lord Falwell and his sycophants. It is a stolid person who believes otherwise. Did you know that some hostile fence-sitters want to help him make our country spiritually blind? Others just want to ride the credentialism bandwagon. In either case, if you intend to challenge someone's assertions, you need to present a counterargument. Lord Falwell provides none. The facts are in: Lord Jerry Falwell has values that are antagonistic to a traditional, moral society.
post #118 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmaster308 View Post

Lord Jerry Falwell's hariolations are entirely disgusting -- so much so, that if there are any children or sensitive people reading this letter, I suggest that they stop now and not read what I am about to describe. Before I get moving here, let me point out that Lord Falwell is known for walking into crowded rooms and telling everyone there that the ideas of "freedom" and "fetishism" are Siamese twins. Try, if you can, to concoct a statement better calculated to show how nerdy Lord Falwell is. You can't do it. Not only that, but he thinks that egotism is the key to world peace. Of course, thinking so doesn't make it so. A central point of his belief systems is the notion that 75 million years ago, a galactic tyrant named Xenu...

Wait a minute! It may have been my second beer, but that was kinda weird.

post #119 of 128
Quote:
"Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them." - Jerry Falwell - May 17, 1997

WTF?

If I may take off tangentially from all of the sniping going on in this thread...

What the f*ck did Falwell mean by this? That it's okay for boys to have sex with prostitutes? That it's okay to marry a prostitute who has sex with boys?

This isn't quite up there on the creepy weirdness scale as James "Focus on the Family" Dobson's ranting about how father's should take showers with their sons so their boys get to see them naked and learn about "manhood" or something like that, but not exactly the kind of "family values" I'd be expecting either.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #120 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Wait a minute! It may have been my second beer, but that was kinda weird.

hmm that is kinda freaky...i never read those things; maybe its not so random after all
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Jerry Falwell Dead at 73