or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Official WWDC 2007 Keynote CountDOWN Thread

Official WWDC 2007 Keynote CountDOWN Thread

post #1 of 304

Having said that, I think I'll avoid the Apple.com homepage and all Mac related sites, until Tuesday to watch the keynote in video form.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #2 of 304
Back to rock the house once more, will you put on your Countdown Widgets, strap-on some Beta Discs, clear your calendars, forrr.......................
Ah, whatevs, you know the drill.
post #3 of 304
Here is the official widget posted by some dude, we are open to new suggestions:
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Dashboa...ountdown.shtml

25 Days 21 Hours 16 Minutes
post #4 of 304
double

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #5 of 304
Good to see you again, Suni, and in good form trying to keep us all from getting any sleep!

Not quite 26 days to go.

post #6 of 304
And I'll be there for the first time in 13 years.
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 (8GB RAM, 1TB HD)
iPhone 4 32GB, iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPhone 2.5G 8GB
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 (8GB RAM, 1TB HD)
iPhone 4 32GB, iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPhone 2.5G 8GB
post #7 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by palter View Post

And I'll be there for the first time in 13 years.

Awesome. 25 Days 5 Hours.
post #8 of 304
How about we leave out the hours until the last week, 25 days would have sufficed.
post #9 of 304
Fine .... 23 DAYS !!!
post #10 of 304
Just over three weeks to go!

post #11 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Just over three weeks to go!

Imagine being a fly on the wall at Apple now..

*Imagines some of scenes from Pirates of Silicon Valley..
TD
TD
post #12 of 304
Just over 20days... Hmmmm..........
post #13 of 304
MM... I like chocolate milk....
Um.. 18 DAYS TO go! w00000000000000t

AAPL to hit $115 (and beyond???) today...
post #14 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

MM... I like chocolate milk....

I had a mint Feast® today myself.. hmmm.
$112.89 now..
post #15 of 304
17 Days !!
post #16 of 304
Quote:

17 Days !!

So shoot me if I can't count, but isn't WWDC on June 11th.. and isn't that 18 days away?
post #17 of 304
Under three weeks to go!

A little over two weeks to go!

post #18 of 304
I want a widget that counts down to the keynote, not ten hours before it. Anyone know of one?
post #19 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dF View Post

I want a widget that counts down to the keynote, not ten hours before it. Anyone know of one?

Are you sure it's measuring 10 hours earlier? Exactly 10 hours? I might be able to hack|mod the Widget....
post #20 of 304
It would be nice if they updated the MBPs, but what I really want to see is Leopard.

17 DAYS!

And this thread is proof that Steve has us all hopelessly addicted to everything Mac.

Seeing as this is a countDOWN thread, maybe we could start a countUP thread for Leopard. Or better yet, the next Windows version.

One more choppy thought. (and before I get flammed, I have nothing against any Leopard delay)
Everybody's special. That doesn't mean we are all the same, though. It just means you have to be extra special if you want to stick out.
Everybody's special. That doesn't mean we are all the same, though. It just means you have to be extra special if you want to stick out.
post #21 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dF View Post

Try this one I just threw together:

post #22 of 304
Cool. Thanks Ireland. Showing 10 hour differential corrected now.

Also I like your icon, heh... pun... get it....?

16 Days 6 Hours. AAPL Back up past $113.
post #23 of 304
I like the "would you like to install" part, very authoritative. Who can say no to iSteve himself??
post #24 of 304
Sexiayed Up:

post #25 of 304
Use this PNG to replace the Front.png
post #26 of 304
14 Days!
post #27 of 304
What would a WWDC thread be without predictions?

1) Apple replaces the MacMini with a new product that will serve a similar purpose and market segment, much like the iPod Nano replaced the iPod Mini (no MacNano jokes please )
2) Leopard features an enhanced BootCamp that will allow for easier emulation of Windows programs within OS X. The requirement that the user purchase and install a copy of Windows will still apply.
3) Finder will no longer be the centre of OS X. It will be replaced by a version of Spotlight on steroids. The Finder will still be available, but it will not be running by default.
4) The iMac loses its chin and will allow users to swap hard drives as they do RAM. They won't be able to open up the back as they did with the very first iMac.
5) Leopard includes a graphical version of MacPorts that can also be used as a repository for open source .app programs.
6) Apple open sources its version of Java. Now that Sun's version is open sourced and Apple's Java 6.0 is over 6 month behind Sun's, Apple has to do this. Also, since Apple's devs are also working on the iPhone and Apple TV, they no longer have the resources to maintain a separate version of Java on their own. It will not open source the native Aqua code that's used by Swing, only the Java classes that access that native code.
7) Bonjour takes a prominent role in Leopard, as well as the AppleTV and the iPhone (this is inspired from roughlydrafted.com, so I can't take full credit for this prediction).
8) Now that all first party apps (Finder, Safari, iTunes) have had their themes unified, Apple will replace the Mac look n' feel with something radically different from Aqua, far more significant than the change to brushed metal from pinstripes and just as significant as the move to OS X itself.
post #28 of 304
Quote:

Use this PNG to replace the Front.png

Cheers big ears!

PS, I had a feeling there'd be a time diff. Apple should work on making that automatic.
post #29 of 304
13 Days to Go, after long weekend

June 10th & 11th will be looooong weekends anyway

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #30 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

13 Days to Go, after long weekend

June 10th & 11th will be looooong weekends anyway

Ah you'll survive.
post #31 of 304
Happy Memorial Day, USAians ...!!
13 Days 12 Hours
(yes it's time to include the hours in the countdown now!!!)
post #32 of 304
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...0&sec=0&p0=224

PC version for poor guys who are using PC in office like me

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #33 of 304
Some time remaining.
post #34 of 304
12 Days . PS Ireland, glad you enjoyed the widget skin. Time Difference stuff is handy in iCal, turn on time zone support and I can keep track of PremiereLeague (next season, I guess ) and French Open and stuff. Which reminds me. Time for WWDC to go into my iCal.
post #35 of 304
Hmm... 1AM my local time, da keynote. Ah, not too bad...
post #36 of 304
Quote:

Hmm... 1AM my local time, da keynote. Ah, not too bad...

\\

2:00 am here; nothing like pulling an all-nighter for the cause.

Will be on chat from half-an hour before the keynote. Anybody doing live coverage?

post #37 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

\\

2:00 am here; nothing like pulling an all-nighter for the cause.

Will be on chat from half-an hour before the keynote. Anybody doing live coverage?

Cool. Appleinsider chat room on AOL/AIM. ... I'll try and be on chat about an hour before keynote.

The usual suspects will be giving live coverage. Nice if we had some real insiders from AI Forums.
post #38 of 304
11 days, 22 hours, 34 minutes.
post #39 of 304
something wrong in your calculation

12 days and 52 mintues to go, key note starts at June 11th, Monday, 10 AM, PST.

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #40 of 304
Less than two weeks to go!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Official WWDC 2007 Keynote CountDOWN Thread