or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Official WWDC 2007 Keynote CountDOWN Thread

Official WWDC 2007 Keynote CountDOWN Thread - Page 2

post #41 of 304
Less than 6 months to go
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #42 of 304
10 Days 13 Hours. AAPL at $121+ .Frack me
post #43 of 304
Some people are making tons of money right now... if it does fall, it will only do so slowly, giving them time to sell and reap the goodies.

Personally, I don't own stocks, so I don't get the goodies. Then again, I never have the stress that comes when things start falling.

Just about 10 days to go... Insomnia will set in sometime around Tuesday and last for a week.

Looking forward to it.

Where's Suni?

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #44 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

...Where's Suni?

Lurking and posting under a different username. To facilitate (semi) anonymous ranting and raving. You'll know which posts are mine in disguise (hint: BSG references). My AI family, I am still with you. Heh...
post #45 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Lurking and posting under a different username. To facilitate (semi) anonymous ranting and raving. You'll know which posts are mine in disguise (hint: BSG references). My AI family, I am still with you. Heh...

We missed you my good man.

Less than 60 years to go!
post #46 of 304
10 days and 2 hours to GO, here comes June!

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #47 of 304
9 Days 9 Hours.
post #48 of 304
9 days. 3 hours.

Shouldn’t the Temporary Insanity forum have kicked in by now?! Aarrgh! The tension!

There are insufficient punctuation marks and emoticons to express my current emotion!!!!!
post #49 of 304
8 Days and 23 Hours and 59 Mins to GO

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #50 of 304
8 days, 14 hours, 57 minutes.
post #51 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird_1.0 View Post

8 days, 14 hours, 57 minutes.

I'm sure that's wrong (11am PST), (19:00GMT) I have it at about 8days 23hours remaining. You need to add 9 hours on to your time.
post #52 of 304
I hate the fact that we're thinking about hours at this point, if we want to time to fly up to the keynote we should have really kept it to days only until the last 2 days. \
post #53 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'm sure that's wrong (11am PST), (19:00GMT) I have it at about 8days 23hours remaining. You need to add 9 hours on to your time.

I think there's a 3 hour difference between PST and EST (me). 11 - 8 = 3.

Also, look at the time above my post.
post #54 of 304
Quote:

I think there's a 3 hour difference between PST and EST (me). 11 - 8 = 3.

How would a time difference make a difference to the amount of hours till the keynote? The only thing the time difference would do would make the keynote occur at a different local time, it wouldn't change the amount of hours until it happened. If you're still curious the event will happen in 8 days, 19 hours and 28 minutes.
post #55 of 304
Quote:

How would a time difference make a difference to the amount of hours till the keynote? The only thing the time difference would do would make the keynote occur at a different local time, it wouldn't change the amount of hours until it happened. If you're still curious the event will happen in 8 days, 19 hours and 28 minutes.

My apologies. Sorry. \
post #56 of 304
Quote:

My apologies. Sorry. \

No worries, not sure if you were being sarcastic or not with that comment, really I'm just telling you this so you'll know when the keynote is happening. I'll be back in the thread in 8 days.
post #57 of 304
steve better release the 8 core laptop with a 8800 that ive been wishing for. And it should be able to run of hydrogen and have a fold out 120 inch multitouch screen.

It will all fit inside the current macbook pro's body of course.

post #58 of 304
Quote:

No worries, not sure if you were being sarcastic or not with that comment, really I'm just telling you this so you'll know when the keynote is happening. I'll be back in the thread in 8 days.

Quote:

I hate the fact that we're thinking about hours at this point, if we want to time to fly up to the keynote we should have really kept it to days only until the last 2 days. \

8 days is 192 Hours. 192 !!!! Arhghghhhghgghh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

steve better release the 8 core laptop with a 8800 that ive been wishing for. And it should be able to run of hydrogen and have a fold out 120 inch multitouch screen.

It will all fit inside the current macbook pro's body of course.

Haha nice. You know that even if that comes out people on these forums will be all like, Oh, it's only 8 cores, I wanted 16 !!!! WTF ?!!! Apple ripoff merchants suckk!!! All you Apple Apologists and your puny 8 cores !! Meh!!!
post #59 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

8 days is 192 Hours. 192 !!!! Arhghghhhghgghh

Haha nice. You know that even if that comes out people on these forums will be all like, Oh, it's only 8 cores, I wanted 16 !!!! WTF ?!!! Apple ripoff merchants suckk!!! All you Apple Apologists and your puny 8 cores !! Meh!!!

http://web.mac.com/chestnuttygoodnes...Countdown.html
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
post #60 of 304
Quote:

Are you going to the conference? I assume so?
post #61 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Are you going to the conference? I assume so?

no, i'm not. too far away from where i live.
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
post #62 of 304
Rich-Myster, your clock ahead of 10 hours.

exactly 8 days to go!

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #63 of 304
excuse the ignorence but what time is the key note in england ????

Ireland any help here ????

is there a world clock program for that "operating system that shell not be named" ???

i'm on holiday on the 11th and my internet at home is down and won't be back on for an age (should pay the bill really.... )

so i cann't even check it out at work

am i the unluckest or what
classic imac g3 (ebay bargin) working my way up the Apple ladder..........
Ipod 5G black
big credit card debit when new hardware and osx come out (misses beat me to it big dreams of apple now)
classic imac g3 (ebay bargin) working my way up the Apple ladder..........
Ipod 5G black
big credit card debit when new hardware and osx come out (misses beat me to it big dreams of apple now)
post #64 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

Rich-Myster, your clock ahead of 10 hours.

exactly 8 days to go!

lol i didn't make the thing, i don't even have a mac to use it on ...
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
post #65 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito2 View Post

is there a world clock program for that "operating system that shell not be named" ???

i'm on holiday on the 11th and my internet at home is down and won't be back on for an age (should pay the bill really.... )

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
post #66 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

lol i didn't make the thing, i don't even have a mac to use it on ...

OK, it is 10 hours ahead anyway.

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #67 of 304
Quote:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...0&sec=0&p0=224

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #68 of 304
Quote:

Hopefully you have OS X, and a Mac for that matter. If you do then download this widget and worry no more.
(note to other guys, this widget is set to GMT)
post #69 of 304
Quote:

Hi everybody, if you don't have the Mac widget please use this online thing for PC, etc.
Also, if you have any widgets please check against this link, it is correct....
post #70 of 304
Hi all, back from lurking, gonna be more visible this month, with WWDC 1 week from now and June29th iPhone.

Here's who I am involved with:
http://www.machines.com.my

It's one of *the* major retailers in Malaysia, Apple Premium Reseller (can't use Apple Centre around the world anymore), don't let the website fool you.

Yeah, we're working on various things right now,
most importantly I am trying to pace myself with all this stuff.

The company is small (ish) but growing quite rapidly, got some good people in there.
Right now I am a lowly peon but the future seems good. We'll see...

It is very exciting but avoiding burnout and managing other non-Apple parts of my life is important too.

Thanks for the discussions, flames, whatever, it has prepared me for an actual OMFG Apple reseller job.
post #71 of 304
Good to see you again, Suni, in Suniform. Looks like a nice place to be working; bet the learning curve is steep. Be sure to share what you are allowed to!

We are quickly approaching the one-week-to-go point after which sleep will become a figment of my imagination.

Sadly just had a major outlay on something entirely unrelated to Macs so I may have to hold off on purchasing any newly released items for a little while.

OK. Waiting's over.

post #72 of 304
Quote:

Good to see you again, Suni, in Suniform. Looks like a nice place to be working; bet the learning curve is steep. Be sure to share what you are allowed to!

<hint>Well we're offering free iPod Shuffle and Apple Wireless Mouse with every MacBook Pro.</hint>
Seriously though, the momentum is towards new MacBook Pros at WWDC, though honestly I don't know anymore than Kasper's letting out.

Quote:

We are quickly approaching the one-week-to-go point after which sleep will become a figment of my imagination.

Sadly just had a major outlay on something entirely unrelated to Macs so I may have to hold off on purchasing any newly released items for a little while.

[5 seconds]

OK. Waiting's over.

ha ha
nice.
I blew so much cash (well, as a % of my income anyways) on Apple in the past 5+ years I figured, might as well work for them (if you can't beat em...).
post #73 of 304
7 Days and an Hour to Go

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #74 of 304
Suni, it only takes me one second to hit return three times...

post #75 of 304
n00b question, sorry - can somebody dig up a link to one of those "we'll post a direct link to the QT of the Keynote when it's available" pages for me, please? Much obliged.
post #76 of 304
The QT of the keynote will first appear on Apple's site sometime later in the day after the keynote (usually). Quite likely this very thread will have a message once the QT is up.

There are also several sites that have typed updates through the keynote. Macrumors almost always has one and it works pretty well.

You can also jump onto AI's chat and somebody inevitably starts reposting the updates there ass if there are posting live themselves. There are also lots of little conversations going on in between, which makes it quite an adventure.

post #77 of 304
Thanks, but the whole point is that I DON'T want live coverage of the event. I'd rather get the spiel from Steve than from bullet-point updates. More entertaining.

I know MacRumos has a page set up for this purpose - I'm not sure if AppleInsider does as well. I'm looking for a link to either one of those.
post #78 of 304
Did you read the first part of my post? The QT is posted to Apple's site. The best way to find it is to keep loading Apple's site (I check it once an hour). Or use the QT Player. This thread will also have a post announcing the posting of the QT and will have a link. What more do you wish for?

post #79 of 304
6 days 10 hours 55 minutes

Insomnia has begun...

Ai is reporting a new MBP coming out maybe tonight; hope it doesn't outdate my recently purchased one or I will be so mad I might have to buy a new one.

post #80 of 304
Quote:

Did you read the first part of my post? The QT is posted to Apple's site. The best way to find it is to keep loading Apple's site (I check it once an hour). Or use the QT Player. This thread will also have a post announcing the posting of the QT and will have a link. What more do you wish for?

If I load Apple's site on June 11, I'll get the scoop on what's been announced. That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. The very link to the QT will include a brief summary of the biggest announcements.

That's the whole point of the pages I'm talking about. They link directly to the QT without giving away anything from the keynote. This isn't a new concept, it's been done in the past. That's how I watched the last keynote. I was just asking if anyone had the link one of the pages set up for that purpose.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Official WWDC 2007 Keynote CountDOWN Thread