or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › No linking ability for new users
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No linking ability for new users

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
They should have to reach a threshold of 10 posts before they can link. Other than that you guys are "quickdraw McGraws" here and I appreciate that. SPAM bots suck.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

They should have to reach a threshold of 10 posts before they can link. Other than that you guys are "quickdraw McGraws" here and I appreciate that. SPAM bots suck.

I already said this: it wouldn't prevent them from posting the URL and it would only serve to annoy new users.

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

I already said this: it wouldn't prevent them from posting the URL and it would only serve to annoy new users.

Sebastian

Regardless, it's simple measure that has little downside. Those who wish to provide meaningful discussion can produce 10 unbannable messages easily in the first day.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Regardless, it's simple measure that has little downside. Those who wish to provide meaningful discussion can produce 10 unbannable messages easily in the first day.

There is still no point if they can just post the URL. Anyone dead set on clicking the link to see where it leads can just copy and paste the URL just as easily. Anyone who recognizes it as spam isn't going to bother at all.

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › No linking ability for new users