or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?

Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment? - Page 7

post #241 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

Since ther is no evidence that Jesus ever had heterosexual intercourse, it can be assumed that Jesus was gay. Please point to the bible verse that 100% disputes that.

Actually, it was more like the Catholic clergy having sex with boys that dates back to Roman times! They got rid of the pagan idolatry, but just couldn't do without the gay bathhouse fornication stuff.

Quote:
Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesars, and unto God thy bungholes that are Gods

Ludacris 666:666
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #242 of 257
Quote:

Since ther is no evidence that Jesus ever had heterosexual intercourse, it can be assumed that Jesus was gay. Please point to the bible verse that 100% disputes that.

I'd rather point to your astounding Ignorance. There is a THIRD choice, you unrepentant religion-baiter.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #243 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Right you are. The arranged marriages serving as economic or political strategies in the eighteenth century were exalted in the eyes of the Lord, who likes to see his girls used like chattel much more than he likes to see all this "love" nonsense.

addabox, the Romantic notion of love is a pretty recent thing. I'm pretty sure Jane Austen invented it from whole cloth. Ask midwinter!

Here is another point, consider the concept of the dowry, and the various laws that bound marriage, contrasted with the condition of a concubine.

(Which is the condition that too many women settle for today.)

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #244 of 257
Do all of you have these circle jerks over bashing Muslim doctrine and gay culture as well? \
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #245 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I'd rather point to your astounding Ignorance. There is a THIRD choice, you unrepentant religion-baiter.

Someone who is celibate can be gay.

Actually, when you look carefully at the behavior of Jesus and his friends, it's pretty clear that Jesus and Mary Magdelene were an item, Judas was openly gay and loved Jesus until he betrayed him out of jealousy, and Paul, most of all was a repressed homosexual who hated Mary because she was the one who was with with Jesus, not him. After Jesus died, Paul ended up despising his homosexuality, and became the father of anti-gay rhetoric. However, he never could change his feelings, so all the time while he was condemning homosexuality, he was practicing it. Kinda like the priests in his church that followed.
post #246 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Someone who is celibate can be gay.

Actually, when you look carefully at the behavior of Jesus and his friends, it's pretty clear that Jesus and Mary Magdelene were an item, Judas was openly gay and loved Jesus until he betrayed him out of jealousy, and Paul, most of all was a repressed homosexual who hated Mary because she was the one who was with with Jesus, not him. After Jesus died, Paul ended up despising his homosexuality, and became the father of anti-gay rhetoric. However, he never could change his feelings, so all the time while he was condemning homosexuality, he was practicing it. Kinda like the priests in his church that followed.

That was a doozy.

What about 'the disciple that Jesus loved'? Huh, huh? What about him?

post #247 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

addabox, the Romantic notion of love is a pretty recent thing. I'm pretty sure Jane Austen invented it from whole cloth. Ask midwinter!

Here is another point, consider the concept of the dowry, and the various laws that bound marriage, contrasted with the condition of a concubine.

(Which is the condition that too many women settle for today.)

Pretty much my point. The idea of a marriage as a "mystical union" seems awfully earthbound when the women doesn't get much say in the matter. Or maybe that's God's intention?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #248 of 257
Quote:

Pretty much my point. The idea of a marriage as a "mystical union" seems awfully earthbound when the women doesn't get much say in the matter. Or maybe that's God's intention?

Right, but let's not try to hold Love as a mystical state, against some mythical paradigm of loveless slavery. "Husbands, love your wives..." etc.

post #249 of 257
Quote:

Right, but let's not try to hold Love as a mystical state, against some mythical paradigm of loveless slavery. "Husbands, love your wives..." etc.

My point being that you are contrasting the current debased state of marriage to a previous time.

Since you mentioned the 19th century, I can't help but notice that your time table for the decline of marriage coincides with the rise of female autonomy.

Since I also can't help but notice that for much of western history prior to the 19th century, when marriage was presumably closer to what God had in mind, most women were straight up chattel, I'm left to wonder what you think God's plan for women is, exactly.

Because it seems like it devolves to something like "hope to fuck the man that more or less owns you is a good Christian so that he treats you at least as well as the livestock, because God finds that pleasing."
post #250 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

3 things happen with celibacy:
1) the body produces wet dreams and you cum in your sleep.
2) The preprogrammed behavior to pro create is suppressed and causes scizophrenic episodes which in many cases cause haluzinations, violent behavior, sexual deviance.
3) In older age the sperm dies in your testicles and causes swelling and unbearable pain. Modern day treatments include amputation (worst case), surgery to remove dead semen clogs.

It does explain some of JC's behavior.....

At JC's time celibacy was not known. There were no super idiotic sects that would completely turn against nature.

If the writers of the bible would be brought to our time and their IQ would be tested they would test "retarded" and so would JC. You are free to derive your knowledge of the world from writings of retarded authors of course and so is our president. Much luck with that.

Please point to the bible verse that talks about Jesus' celibacy.
post #251 of 257
Quote:

3 things happen with celibacy:
1) the body produces wet dreams and you cum in your sleep.
2) The preprogrammed behavior to pro create is suppressed and causes scizophrenic episodes which in many cases cause haluzinations, violent behavior, sexual deviance.
3) In older age the sperm dies in your testicles and causes swelling and unbearable pain. Modern day treatments include amputation (worst case), surgery to remove dead semen clogs.

You need to put down that 1889 "Guide for the Young Man"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #252 of 257
Quote:

That was a doozy.

What about 'the disciple that Jesus loved'? Huh, huh? What about him?

I tried to read about it but my head assploded. Again, something that went through dozens of "re-writes" until it still doesn't make sense. But have faith people, it'll all be explained when you're dead.
post #253 of 257
Somebody mention celibacy?

Not sure how we got onto celibacy or Jesus' sexual orientation in a thread about impeachment!
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #254 of 257
Bush is "reborn" that alone should be enough grounds for impeachment or at least inelegibility to hold public office.
post #255 of 257
Quote:

Bush is "reborn" that alone should be enough grounds for impeachment or at least inelegibility to hold public office.

Quote:
“with humble reverence, I feel it to be my duty to add, if a veneration for the religion of a people who profess and call themselves Christians, and a fixed resolution to consider a decent respect for Christianity among the best recommendations for the public service, can enable me in any degree to comply with your wishes, it shall be my strenuous endeavor that this sagacious injunction of the two Houses shall not be without effect…”

-John Adams’ Inaugural speech, 1797
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #256 of 257
Quote:

My point being that you are contrasting the current debased state of marriage to a previous time.

Since you mentioned the 19th century, I can't help but notice that your time table for the decline of marriage coincides with the rise of female autonomy.

Since I also can't help but notice that for much of western history prior to the 19th century, when marriage was presumably closer to what God had in mind, most women were straight up chattel, I'm left to wonder what you think God's plan for women is, exactly.

Because it seems like it devolves to something like "hope to fuck the man that more or less owns you is a good Christian so that he treats you at least as well as the livestock, because God finds that pleasing."

dammit, addabox, what have I told you about making me laugh? Bolgona, I don't remember Anne Bradstreet having a problem wrapping her head around infatuation, or John Adams purchasing Abigail, or Lincoln..... well, who knows what Lincoln was thinking. More formal, of course -- more structured, you bet. But chattle? Really.

The late 19th century reference, was to the 'naughty nineties', etc. There was the beginning of a shift from people as "personalities" to "individuals." Go back and look at some of the advertisments, the editorial cartoons, that sort of thing; some weird stuff going on. Any period that could produce The Wizard of Oz has got to have a screwy side to it. There was a sort of dead-cat bounce in the early 20th century. I think you can see it in the movies of the twenties and thirties. Some of it was downright edgy. Some of the comments in the 1934 version of The Man Who Knew Too Much seem (looking back) waaaaaay out of place.

At any rate the hedge came off from around marriage, long before Fred Phelps was a twinkle in his daddy's eye.

post #257 of 257
Jamac's not exactly right. Some people are just born without any or with very weak sexual urges toward either sex. These people can be celibate without much fuss.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?