or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › We're going to have to attack Iran

We're going to have to attack Iran - Page 6

post #201 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

So, he's the sub-genius that denied my patent application?

He works in computer-memory type stuff, so possibly, yes.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #202 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

While you guys talk about BBQ...

I know, it's the Sun...but there are now three carrier strike groups in the region (Nimitz, Stennis and Enterprise). With Cheney running the for-policy show and Ramadan only a couple of months out, it would seem that if any time is ripe for our assault, this is about it. Otherwise, we wait through until Feb and do it then (may be a nice way to secure Republican re-election, don't want to switch horses midstream). Of course, it could all be bluster.

If we do, it will be in winter, with an aerial assault. I doubt we'll see ground troops. As BRussell and others point out, we frankly don't have enough troops for a regime change operation, nor do I think that is a good idea.
post #203 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

If we do, it will be in winter, with an aerial assault. I doubt we'll see ground troops. As BRussell and others point out, we frankly don't have enough troops for a regime change operation, nor do I think that is a good idea.

post #204 of 207
Quote:

Yeah, shame - still, we can kill qute a few anyway right? Make a dent if we can't actually wipe them out completely....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #205 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

And this is the man, ladies and gentlemen, that called me "the troll of PO."

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Yeah, shame - still, we can kill qute a few anyway right? Make a dent if we can't actually wipe them out completely....

Every time you imply that I (or anyone else who thinks military action is going to become necessary) actually likes people getting killed, you cheapen the debate. With each instance of "don't worry, you'll get your war," you demonstrate that your opinion on the matter is invalid, and more...you're not a serious person at all.
post #206 of 207
Quote:

Every time you imply that I (or anyone else who thinks military action is going to become necessary) actually likes people getting killed, you cheapen the debate. With each instance of "don't worry, you'll get your war," you demonstrate that your opinion on the matter is invalid, and more...you're not a serious person at all.

Cheapen the debate??????

I'm talking to YOU on PO about IRAN !!!!!
post #207 of 207
Quote:

And this is the man, ladies and gentlemen, that called me "the troll of PO."

It's totally valid. You (or I even) don't know what we are talking about. Whereas if I offer an expert's view it goes into the "crackpot" pile and ends the discussion. You attack, attack and attack. When someone offers a relevant source of information that disputes your attack...you're gone (or your attack is only to the contributor themselves).

Have you gotten any "ammunition" for segovius's answers to your "ignored" questions here? We're waiting....
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › We're going to have to attack Iran