or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple set to unveil MacBook Pro overhaul, back-to-school promo

Apple set to unveil MacBook Pro overhaul, back-to-school promo - Page 4

post #121 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

My MacBook Pro has a 6-bit display. I've checked.

Are you really sure about that?

Because the suit against Apple about the 6 bit displayas in the MacBook models also states that the Pro models have 8 bit displays. I read that somewhere else as well.
post #122 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Are you really sure about that?

Because the suit against Apple about the 6 bit displayas in the MacBook models also states that the Pro models have 8 bit displays. I read that somewhere else as well.

I just read my DDC data. The display is a B154PW01. Its manufacturer only lists the similar B154PW03, which it says is 6-bit (check the "Number of Colors"). I dug a little deeper using the WayBack Machine and found this old spec of the B154PW01, which also says 6-bit.
post #123 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

I just read my DDC data. The display is a B154PW01. Its manufacturer only lists the similar B154PW03, which it says is 6-bit (check the "Number of Colors"). I dug a little deeper using the WayBack Machine and found this old spec of the B154PW01, which also says 6-bit.

Strange, if true.
post #124 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Strange, if true.

Hey, I'd love for it to be wrong (I paid money for it, after all!), but I'm afraid it's indeed true.
post #125 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubit View Post

Honto desu ne. Sugoku gakkari shite iru. Or whatever. I remain hopeful for more, but we will soon know since the Stores are all down.

hehe... so desu ne... japanese is my 3rd language (after a chinese major at uni), so its very very sketchy, but i'm hopeful of improvement...

update is ok, better than rumour had it at least i think, but not enough for me to bite just yet. i might get the next one on my next trip to tokyo (fair saving on Oz apple prices), and by that time my HDV kit should be complete.
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple set to unveil MacBook Pro overhaul, back-to-school promo