or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Paris Hilton freed for medical reasons

Paris Hilton freed for medical reasons

post #1 of 69
http://channels.isp.netscape.com/cel...floc=NI-slot1a

Give me a break. All it takes is a ton of money, and you can pretty well do what you want. Without suffering any consequences for your actions
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
post #2 of 69
Who didn't want Paris in prison? Seems like the entire audience at the MTV awards show was booing her. Man, she has some major PR problems.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #3 of 69
What a joke! This is so pathetic! The people should take to the streets with flaming torches and ax handles!
"some catch on faster than others"
post #4 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside grabowski View Post

What a joke! This is so pathetic! The people should take to the streets with flaming torches and ax handles!

You got that right Grabowski.
post #5 of 69
Being a slut can be considered a medical condition?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #6 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Being a slut can be considered a medical condition?

Also known as "cooties".

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #7 of 69
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #8 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Judge orders her back to court!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Throw that slag back in jail.. decent people wouldn't get away with it, so she most certainly shouldn't.
post #9 of 69
She's the cute little slag from Pasadena!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #10 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Throw that slag back in jail.. decent people wouldn't get away with it, so she most certainly shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

She's the cute little slag from Pasadena!

Slag. LOL. I love it. Actually, her disgusting personality and conduct aside, I'm one of those that actually thinks she is REALLY hot. I just hate her. Good for one thing only.

I hope she goes to jail for the full 45 now, and that the Sheriff is reprimanded. What would really be interesting is if it was proven that the whole thing was planned from the beginning...maybe with the Sheriff on the take. Maybe she promised to make a "tape" with him if he let her out. That way he could come "supervise" her detention.
post #11 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Slag. LOL. I love it. Actually, her disgusting personality and conduct aside, I'm one of those that actually thinks she is REALLY hot. I just hate her. Good for one thing only.

I hope she goes to jail for the full 45 now, and that the Sheriff is reprimanded. What would really be interesting is if it was proven that the whole thing was planned from the beginning...maybe with the Sheriff on the take. Maybe she promised to make a "tape" with him if he let her out. That way he could come "supervise" her detention.

I think it was planned well ahead of time. This is a woman that was reported to be nearing a break-down weeks ago when jail time was being considered. But when it actually come time to go to jail, she decides to go to the 'real' jail instead of the special jail. Other than PR, why would she choose the more difficult location, when just the thought of it was breaking her?

I think she agreed to the tougher location with the knowledge/agreement that she would walk out in a couple days. Three days in a less comfortable jail is better than 45 in the posh jail...but only if you know that it will be a shorter stay.

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
post #12 of 69
F*©king PWNED!!!!!!!

"SHE WAS TAKEN BACK TO PRISON SCREAMING!!! SHE WILL NOW SERVE HER ENTIRE 45 DAY SENTENCE. IT WILL NOT BE REDUCED TO 23. SHE SCREAMED "ITS NOT RIGHT!" THEN SCREAMED "MOM, MOM, MOM!!!""

- http://www.wwtdd.com/
post #13 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post

F*©king PWNED!!!!!!!

"SHE WAS TAKEN BACK TO PRISON SCREAMING!!! SHE WILL NOW SERVE HER ENTIRE 45 DAY SENTENCE. IT WILL NOT BE REDUCED TO 23. SHE SCREAMED "ITS NOT RIGHT!" THEN SCREAMED "MOM, MOM, MOM!!!""

- http://www.wwtdd.com/

YES! YES! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
post #14 of 69
Ha!

Now I want to know who got paid to let her out!
post #15 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside grabowski View Post

Ha!

Now I want to know who got paid to let her out!

she's back in jail and leaves the court screaming asking for her mommy

hopefully she will start to live in reality
post #16 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningwheel View Post

hopefully she will start to live in reality

You mean like us who rely on internet message boards for social stimulation?
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #17 of 69

Beautiful.
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
post #18 of 69

Video on this link is astoundingly terrifying. What has become of humanity when attention is given to this rich bitch.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!

Idiocracy....
post #19 of 69
Our culture is disgusting. We build up our heroes and then eat them alive.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #20 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Not disgusting. Simply hungry.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #21 of 69
I vote we BBQ groverat for associating the word hero and Hilton in the same thread.

Groverat has driven me to cannibalism.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #22 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Whoever thinks that bitch is a hero needs to be castrated and sent to jail with her.
post #23 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I vote we BBQ groverat for associating the word hero and Hilton in the same thread.

Groverat has driven me to cannibalism.

Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

Whoever thinks that bitch is a hero needs to be castrated and sent to jail with her.

Now now, let's not eat groverat for suggesting that Paris is a hero. To some people she is, I'm sure. I think what he may have been shooting for is celebrity or icon.
post #24 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

I see things like that every single day.

Say what you want about her, but it's really disgusting to exploit her personal tragedy like this.

One more point: Good or bad, California Superior Court judges are elected to 6-year terms, so I would look for some Hilton-family cash to seriously fuck with his chances of re-election next time around.
post #25 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

I see things like that every single day.

Say what you want about her, but it's really disgusting to exploit her personal tragedy like this.

One more point: Good or bad, California Superior Court judges are elected to 6-year terms, so I would look for some Hilton-family cash to seriously fuck with his chances of re-election next time around.

Wow ... I can feel a tiny bit of empathy because the system screwed with her emotions (in-out-in), but seriously, uncontrollable bawling? How old is she?

She will be locked up for 20 more days (20!) and totally deserved it (pulled over twice after a suspended license from a DUI...driving at night with no headlights on).

If she ever had any respect whatsoever it is totally gone ... is it really so bad to sit in a cell for 20 days and contemplate why you're there, when you knowingly made multiple mistakes?
post #26 of 69
Quote:

Wow ... I can feel a tiny bit of empathy because the system screwed with her emotions (in-out-in), but seriously, uncontrollable bawling? How old is she?[/B].

I'd be more surprised if she didn't cry.

I'd expect only repeat felons to be stone-faced.

Quote:

is it really so bad to sit in a cell for 20 days and contemplate why you're there, when you knowingly made multiple mistakes?

Is jail really so bad?

Um, yes.

Is it justified in her case?

Yeah, probably.
post #27 of 69
Quote:

If she ever had any respect whatsoever it is totally gone ... is it really so bad to sit in a cell for 20 days and contemplate why you're there, when you knowingly made multiple mistakes?

From the sounds of it, she might be more concerned with contemplating why her crotch is covered in red bumps and oozing puss.
post #28 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

I'd be more surprised if she didn't cry.

I'd expect only repeat felons to be stone-faced.

Well, there's stone-faced, and then there's maturity... she failed at both pretty badly.

Quote:
Is jail really so bad?

Um, yes.

For the average prisoner in the general prison population? Hell yes.

For a celebrity who has/gets to stay safe in her cell pretty much 24hrs a day... not so much. Sit there, twiddle your thumbs, read a book or 12, keep your head down and your mouth shut.

She and her ass-herpes didn't have to contend with general prison.
post #29 of 69
Driving under the influence once should be sufficient to have a license permanently revoked; the number of people killed in DUI accidents (usually not the drinker) will support this.

To then violate the probation for such a serious offence and even drive at night with no lights on goes beyond comprehension.

She is a repeat ofender, and she will do it again. And again. And again. She believes that her money will get her off; hopefully, there are enough judges out there who care more about doing their jobs right than keeping them so that they wil actually deal with this piece of trash effectively.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #30 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Well, there's stone-faced, and then there's maturity... she failed at both pretty badly.

Sure.

I don't fault her for crying though.

But I do fault her for yelling "it's not right." That to me doesn't indicate that she's internalized that her decisions led to imprisonment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

For the average prisoner in the general prison population? Hell yes.

For a celebrity who has/gets to stay safe in her cell pretty much 24hrs a day... not so much. Sit there, twiddle your thumbs, read a book or 12, keep your head down and your mouth shut.

She and her ass-herpes didn't have to contend with general prison.

It's still prison.

Think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Driving under the influence once should be sufficient to have a license permanently revoked; the number of people killed in DUI accidents (usually not the drinker) will support this.

We can't do that because having a car is so important in this country.

And plus that's excessively punitive.

Quote:

She is a repeat ofender, and she will do it again. And again. And again. She believes that her money will get her off; hopefully, there are enough judges out there who care more about doing their jobs right than keeping them so that they wil actually deal with this piece of trash effectively.

Yup.

She probably belongs in jail.
post #31 of 69
let the real prision girls teach her a few things.
post #32 of 69
Losing a license to drive because your failure to obey laws and place others at extreme risk is not excessive; it's responsible.

Perhaps the US should invest in better mass transit, increase the number of taxis and start a system like the Japanese have where a driver will drive your car home if you ave had a drink.

http://www.duihope.org/picture_drunk_driving_crash.html

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-dr...tatistics.html has this:
"The 16,885 fatalities in alcohol-related crashes during 2005 represent an average
of one alcohol-related fatality every 31 minutes."

post #33 of 69
Quote:

Losing a license to drive because your failure to obey laws and place others at extreme risk is not excessive; it's responsible.

In my state you do lose your license to drive at every DUI tier and lose it for progressively longer periods with each subsequent DUI. What you're talking about is a mandatory lifetime license revocation for just *one* DUI, which is plainly unworkable. I know there's a desire to punish these people for making bad decisions, but you would unfairly punish people who just make a mistake or two rather than just the repeat offenders who habitually put others at risk.
post #34 of 69

Well, she always wanted the attention, not she's got it.
post #35 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post

From the sounds of it, she might be more concerned with contemplating why her crotch is covered in red bumps and oozing puss.

But I think about this every day, and I'm not in jail.
post #36 of 69
WOW! there certainly are alot more nasty people on these boards than I ever thought imaginable.

Slut, Slag, Bitch, ass herpes,etc etc.

Really, what the fuck has Paris Hilton ever done to you?

At worst, she is just a source of mildly amusing entertainment that you can completely ignore if you so chose too.

Being rich and famous, amusingly stupid and (half) beautiful IS NOT a reason to hold a grudge against someone just because that is what they are.
post #37 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

But I think about this every day, and I'm not in jail.

At the very least you should have warned her.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #38 of 69
it is clear enough for people living in the states that the anger/schadenfreude comes from the fact that for the first time it seems that a privileged criminal is actually being forced to serve what is a reasonable sentence. and she is doing this in the perhaps most undignified manner.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #39 of 69
What does it achieve?

Nothing but public pacification of pent up grudges and anger for not being lucky enough to have a priviliged life.

She is being unfairly made an example of and that is not justice. It boils down to people with chips on their shoulders wanting revenge against people whose lifestyles they envy. In order to be 'seen' to be passing justice, the judge is making a mockery of justice.

As for the recent media hoohar, that was just sickening, and disgraceful.

Pretty much everyone in this thread is showing how pathetic they are. Getting pleasure out of seeing someone fucked over- someone who they could quite easily completely ignore if they chose too, someone who has no effect on your life unless you willfully allow it to be so, someone who is a bit dumb and a bit rich - screwed just because she is who she is.

The lot of you are well sad.
post #40 of 69
if it was most other celebrities, I would agree with you marc.

But Paris Hilton made a name for herself by being infamous, she deserves this sickening ordeal as much as she deserved to be famous in the first place, but she is who she is, has what she has, and is being punished the way she is being punished.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Paris Hilton freed for medical reasons