or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Paris Hilton freed for medical reasons

Paris Hilton freed for medical reasons - Page 2

post #41 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK View Post

What does it achieve?

Nothing but public pacification of pent up grudges and anger for not being lucky enough to have a priviliged life.

She is being unfairly made an example of and that is not justice. It boils down to people with chips on their shoulders wanting revenge against people whose lifestyles they envy. In order to be 'seen' to be passing justice, the judge is making a mockery of justice.

As for the recent media hoohar, that was just sickening, and disgraceful.

Pretty much everyone in this thread is showing how pathetic they are. Getting pleasure out of seeing someone fucked over- someone who they could quite easily completely ignore if they chose too, someone who has no effect on your life unless you willfully allow it to be so, someone who is a bit dumb and a bit rich - screwed just because she is who she is.

The lot of you are well sad.

How has justice not been served by the courts? Her 47 (?) day sentence to prison for speeding while she had her license suspended seems perfectly reasonable to me.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #42 of 69
I actually think she's being treated more than a little prejudicially. I mean, I don't really care if she has to go to jail for a month and a half, but I think she's being treated prejudicially.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #43 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

How has justice not been served by the courts? Her 47 (?) day sentence to prison for speeding while she had her license suspended seems perfectly reasonable to me.

She'll write a book about it and make a fortune. Her sentence shoud also prohibit profit-making from her sentence. What was the name of the cook who recently sent some time in the slammer...?

Driving on a suspended license should cause her license to be permanently revoked.

Yeah, I am a hardliner.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #44 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Our culture is disgusting. We build up our heroes and then eat them alive.

I thought that was started by the Mayans.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #45 of 69
Quote:

Really, what the fuck has Paris Hilton ever done to you?

It's not what she has done to me, it is what she has become to the rest of this idol worship society. What the Mainstream Media has never been able to remove itself from.

Do you know who shot that photo? The same man who shot this...

Pulitzer Prize photographer Nick Ut. Ironic isn't it? I recall that NBC, ABC and CBS showed that footage of that bombing on their 6 o'clock news shows. Life, Time, Look and newspapers showed the photo in their magazines and on the front page. A young girl, naked, screaming and with her skin peeling off. See anything like that today, even on cable news?

No. We get Paris Hilton's self-destruct, meanwhile photos circulate of the self-immolation by women in Afghanistan. But no, that's too disturbing. Can't show that on prime-time, regulated and censored news programs. The media has no time for real truths and news...
post #46 of 69
The anchors also warn us very regulalry that "the scenes you are about to see are (very strong head motions - CNN's Tom Clancy is the best at this) very disturbing" and then they show almost nothing.

post #47 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

I see things like that every single day.

Say what you want about her, but it's really disgusting to exploit her personal tragedy like this.

One more point: Good or bad, California Superior Court judges are elected to 6-year terms, so I would look for some Hilton-family cash to seriously fuck with his chances of re-election next time around.

Her personal tradegy. Christ.

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #48 of 69
Quote:

Nothing but public pacification of pent up grudges and anger for not being lucky enough to have a priviliged life.

This isn't simple jealousy over her leading a privileged life. I don't think there would be this level of basking in schadenfreude if Hilton hadn't shown time and again that she expected and demanded special treatment, if she hadn't acted repeatedly like she was so very special and important that the rules don't apply to her. The fact that her privileged position in society is purely an accident of birth and not at all built on any noteworthy personal accomplishments makes her attitude all the more galling.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #49 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Her personal tradegy. Christ.

Yeah, I meant that wonderful sunshiny thing called going to prison.
post #50 of 69
Quote:

Due to her own stupidy?

post #51 of 69
Quote:

She is being unfairly made an example of and that is not justice. It boils down to people with chips on their shoulders wanting revenge against people whose lifestyles they envy. In order to be 'seen' to be passing justice, the judge is making a mockery of justice.

She did this to herself and she deserves the punishment...

You think it's too harsh? Well IMHO the punishment SHOULD BE more harsh. Say what you will but Paris is a celebrity... Not an entertainer mind you but still... a celebrity. Should a celebrity be held up to higher standards? You might not think so but I certainly do. Celebrities are often looked up to and tend to influence our youth... Even if they say they don't mean to or want to it still happens. Being a celebrity comes with a price and like it or not she is now paying that price. It's really too bad many other celebrities tend not to.

Dave
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #52 of 69
Quote:

First, a tradegy would imply that she could do nothing about her fate....like it "just happened" to her. Secondly, a tragedy would be truly severe. Like, someone dying in her family....or her geting falsely accused and convicted of murder. Or Hillary getting elected. But going to jail for violating probation? For 45 days? GASP! The unimigated HORROR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Due to her own stupidy?

Well she is stupid, but worse...she thinks she is smart. She and the fam thoguht they could be above it all. Accounts of the first court hearing involved her and her family nearly mocking the prosecution and judge. Her public conduct is absurd. So, yes she's dumb...but I think the real reason is that she's dumb enough to think she's NOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

She did this to herself and she deserves the punishment...

You think it's too harsh? Well IMHO the punishment SHOULD BE more harsh. Say what you will but Paris is a celebrity... Not an entertainer mind you but still... a celebrity. Should a celebrity be held up to higher standards? You might not think so but I certainly do. Celebrities are often looked up to and tend to influence our youth... Even if they say they don't mean to or want to it still happens. Being a celebrity comes with a price and like it or not she is now paying that price. It's really too bad many other celebrities tend not to.

Dave

Well, her initial sentence was on the high end according to what most attorneys say. That said, it's within the range of normal and the judge's discretion.

That said, we should not have two justice systems or different standards based on celebrity. I understand the point about public officials (I'm assuming you're including them) and celebs being held to a higher standards, I just thnk it should be a social standard, not a criminal one. In fact, having the latter is a blatant violation of the Equal Protection clause.
post #53 of 69
Haven't there always been spoiled, vapid heiresses?

What makes Paris Hilton™ the creature she is is our insatiable appetites. Yes, yes, I know, nobody here, it must be some other bad people, but if there wasn't lots and lots of money to be made splashing her picture around and reporting on her every gratingly self-involved gesture, she wouldn't exist. Money doesn't get made unless there are lots and lots of people willing to pay for what is being proffered.

She wouldn't exist outside of where her kind have always existed: in the gossip columns of the tonier newspapers and the cocktail chatter of her class. The class where tickets get fixed and punishment gets deferred and lessons are not learned. I mean, that's just how the world works, not really surprising.

But whatever the cultural pathology that makes us a nation of crap junkies turns this shallow, pampered young women into a public figure, a media icon, a fetish, a surrogate sex toy, a window into glamor, an example of something, a cautionary fable, a moral lesson, whatever.

There's not remotely enough there to sustain any of that, really, it's all a chimera. Obviously. But it's our chimera, conjured out of our desires. The girl, herself, is entirely unremarkable, not worthy of a second glance beyond what you might afford any semi-attractive hyper-wealthy clothes horse, should your pedestrian life happen to put you in range to actually glimpse one.

Paris Hilton is what she is. Paris Hilton™ is ours. Want it to go away? Stop looking.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #54 of 69
Quote:

I'd be more surprised if she didn't cry.

I'd expect only repeat felons to be stone-faced.

You must not have much experience with this. Did Martha Steward breakdown in tears yelling Mommy?
post #55 of 69
Exactly, Addabox.
Quote:

First, a tradegy would imply that she could do nothing about her fate....like it "just happened" to her.

Uh..you've never heard the term "tragic flaw"?
post #56 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

You must not have much experience with this. Did Martha Steward breakdown in tears yelling Mommy?

I see a lot of odd things in court everyday.

Crying at being sent to prison is just a normal reaction...

And I wouldn't expect Martha Stewart to react much at all since her "brand" depends on her composure.
post #57 of 69
Quote:

Normally I'm not the type to scream about word usage but jail and prison are not the same. She is locked up in the county jail which is very different than going off to the hardcore state prison system. She is in with a population that is very much like her in terms of their offenses.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #58 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Normally I'm not the type to scream about word usage but jail and prison are not the same. She is locked up in the county jail which is very different than going off to the hardcore state prison system. She is in with a population that is very much like her in terms of their offenses.

Alright, but the fact is she remains incarcerated and a normal reaction of first-time female offenders is to cry. If people want to be judgmental about that, fine, but crying isn't anything unusual. But like I said, she probably needs prison and from her outburst, doesn't appear to internalize that it was her own fault she's in jail.

Now lunging at another law clerk after a judge imposes a sentence...

That's a little different.
post #59 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

For the average prisoner in the general prison population? Hell yes.

For a celebrity who has/gets to stay safe in her cell pretty much 24hrs a day... not so much. Sit there, twiddle your thumbs, read a book or 12, keep your head down and your mouth shut.

She and her ass-herpes didn't have to contend with general prison.

This is a bit of a tangent from this thread (and God forbid I derail so important a topic as Paris Hilton herself!), but I don't think anyone should have to contend with the general prison population. Prison shouldn't be like a paid vacation, but the risk of severe abuse by fellow inmates should NOT be a part of the punishment either.

If this means everyone spends most of their time in their cells alone, so be it. It's utterly insane to have large numbers of criminals -- some very violent, some not -- all mixing together in large groups with ineffective supervision for preventing violence. Even if you're willing to go along with this wink-and-a-nod, look-the-other-way form of cruel and unusual punishment ("Heh, heh! Serves the bastards right!") it's the worst offenders, the meanest and most violent, who come out on top in such a system, so the weak and the least violent get the worst of it.

Loss of freedom and boredom, with the biggest opportunities to escape boredom being centered around self-improvement and victim restitution, is should be what prison is about -- not about getting knifed and ass-fucked by other prisoners, and learning to be even more violent to avoid that.

I'm surprised no one has pressed a major case (at least that I've heard of) that most of the American prison system is currently run in a completely unconstitutional fashion.
post #60 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Haven't there always been spoiled, vapid heiresses?

What makes Paris Hilton the creature she is is our insatiable appetites. Yes, yes, I know, nobody here, it must be some other bad people, but if there wasn't money to be made splashing her picture around and reporting on her every gratingly self-involved gesture, she wouldn't exist.

She wouldn't exist outside of where her kind has always existed: in the gossip columns of the tonier newspapers and the cocktail chatter of her class.

But whatever the cultural pathology that makes us a nation of crap junkies turns this shallow, pampered young women into a public figure, a media icon, a fetish, a window into glamor, an example of something, a cautionary fable, a moral lesson, whatever.

There's not enough there to sustain any of that, really, it's all a chimera. But it's our chimera, conjured out of our desires. The girl, herself, is entirely unremarkable, not worthy of a second glance beyond what you might afford any semi-attractive hyper-wealthy clothes horse, should your pedestrian life happen to put you in range to actually glimpse one.

Paris Hilton is what she is. Paris Hilton is ours. Want it to go away? Stop looking.

I respect but disagree with that view. I wish she would go away. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that she is, well, going away as it were, but that's because I want her to...wait for it...."go away."

I think it's the media that decides for us what will be popular. My issue with your post is that you act as if Paris Hilton actually has a lot of fans. My current impression is that, well, no one I have ever met or even heard about actually is a "fan" of Paris. It's just on TV, the news, etc. And since I can't just ignore her presence (well, actually....) I choose to celebrate her "unfortunate" circumstances. I think it's more of a "regular Joe getting to see a snobby, fake, spoiled, whorish little wench get her just desserts' thing. It's nice for the average bunk to see that. Makes it seem like there is a God.
post #61 of 69
Quote:

I respect but disagree with that view. I wish she would go away. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that she is, well, going away as it were, but that's because I want her to...wait for it...."go away."

I think it's the media that decides for us what will be popular. My issue with your post is that you act as if Paris Hilton actually has a lot of fans. My current impression is that, well, no one I have ever met or even heard about actually is a "fan" of Paris. It's just on TV, the news, etc. And since I can't just ignore her presence (well, actually....) I choose to celebrate her "unfortunate" circumstances. I think it's more of a "regular Joe getting to see a snobby, fake, spoiled, whorish little wench get her just desserts' thing. It's nice for the average bunk to see that. Makes it seem like there is a God.

I understand what you're saying, but the "media" is a for-profit business that sells a product. If no one wants the product, the product is dropped. This is particularly true of non-news "lifestyle" type coverage that serves no greater purpose than titillation.

If Paris Hilton stories were bad for ratings or circulation, there would be no Paris Hilton stories. Given the endless streams of same, I think it's safe to assume that Paris Hilton stories are good for ratings and circulation.

I don't think it's an issue of "having a lot of fans", since you can sell just as many magazines with "look at the appalling whore" as you can with "doesn't Jennifer Anniston look nice today?"

I'll admit that there is a synergy between the tawdriness of our modern media and the tastes of its consuming audience-- crap sells, more crap cheapens tastes, etc. Fast food, and all that.

But "personal responsibility", yes, my friend? We can't just blame "the media" for providing ever more of what we appear to have an insatiable craving for.
post #62 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

Exactly, Addabox.

Uh..you've never heard the term "tragic flaw"?

And what is Paris' tragic flaw?

Quote:

Alright, but the fact is she remains incarcerated and a normal reaction of first-time female offenders is to cry. If people want to be judgmental about that, fine, but crying isn't anything unusual. But like I said, she probably needs prison and from her outburst, doesn't appear to internalize that it was her own fault she's in jail.

Now lunging at another law clerk after a judge imposes a sentence...

That's a little different.

I don't know about anyone else, but it's not the tears. It's the utter surprise that....well, "surprise! you're not above the law, Ms. Hilton!" I have no doubt this whole thing was planned from the beginning...right up until the part where the judge decided he wasn't going to let the Sheriff go through with violating his specific order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline View Post

This is a bit of a tangent from this thread (and God forbid I derail so important a topic as Paris Hilton herself!), but I don't think anyone should have to contend with the general prison population. Prison shouldn't be like a paid vacation, but the risk of severe abuse by fellow inmates should NOT be a part of the punishment either.

If this means everyone spends most of their time in their cells alone, so be it. It's utterly insane to have large numbers of criminals -- some very violent, some not -- all mixing together in large groups with ineffective supervision for preventing violence. Even if you're willing to go along with this wink-and-a-nod, look-the-other-way form of cruel and unusual punishment ("Heh, heh! Serves the bastards right!") it's the worst offenders, the meanest and most violent, who come out on top in such a system, so the weak and the least violent get the worst of it.

Loss of freedom and boredom, with the biggest opportunities to escape boredom being centered around self-improvement and victim restitution, is should be what prison is about -- not about getting knifed and ass-fucked by other prisoners, and learning to be even more violent to avoid that.

I'm surprised no one has pressed a major case (at least that I've heard of) that most of the American prison system is currently run in a completely unconstitutional fashion.

I'll go a step further: Our entire punishment system is insane.

The only people that should be in Federal or State Pound-Me-In-the-Ass-Prison should be rapists, murderers, serial murderers, child predators and other violent and depraved wastes of oxygen.

But drug offenders? DUI? White collar criminals? Thieves? They should be forced to rehabilitate. Thieves would have to make full restitution, working off their debt for as long as it took. Build a labor camp! Drugs? Forced rehab. If that doesn't work after three times, they get put on a register of users of illegal substances which employers and others could see. DUI? Big fines and loss of driving privledge for 30, 90 and 1 year progessively, unless you hurt/kill someone. Then you go to jail for a long fucking time. White collar criminals? They should have to work in the mail rooms of their respective corps. Or possibly at K Mart.
post #63 of 69
Quote:

I understand what you're saying, but the "media" is a for-profit business that sells a product. If no one wants the product, the product is dropped. This is particularly true of non-news "lifestyle" type coverage that serves no greater purpose than titillation.

If Paris Hilton stories were bad for ratings or circulation, there would be no Paris Hilton stories. Given the endless streams of same, I think it's safe to assume that Paris Hilton stories are good for ratings and circulation.

I don't think it's an issue of "having a lot of fans", since you can sell just as many magazines with "look at the appalling whore" as you can with "doesn't Jennifer Anniston look nice today?"

I'll admit that there is a synergy between the tawdriness of our modern media and the tastes of its consuming audience-- crap sells, more crap cheapens tastes, etc. Fast food, and all that.

But "personal responsibility", yes, my friend? We can't just blame "the media" for providing ever more of what we appear to have an insatiable craving for.

I see that point. I mean, they have to be out there somwhere (fans) I suppose. Though, I think it's more about the culture of celebrity than Paris herself. People buy "People" because they want to get the dirt on who rolled around with whom, who has fake teeth, or no teeth, or what not. Paris is just part of that.

As for TV, well that is debatable. When every network is covering the same thing, people don't have a choice other than to turn it off. And we all know that aint gonna happen. Not on my watch!
post #64 of 69
Quote:

I see that point. I mean, they have to be out there somwhere (fans) I suppose. Though, I think it's more about the culture of celebrity than Paris herself. People buy "People" because they want to get the dirt on who rolled around with whom, who has fake teeth, or no teeth, or what not. Paris is just part of that.

As for TV, well that is debatable. When every network is covering the same thing, people don't have a choice other than to turn it off. And we all know that aint gonna happen. Not on my watch!

Yeah, I don't know what TV thinks it's doing. But you know they watch their ratings from a million different angles, and if someone had tried going a little more "classy" and it had done them any good at all, I'm sure we would see much more of that.

I guess it has something to do with that old standby "the lowest common denominator", where television executives want the largest possible audience, and "niche" programming (which I guess would be a news program that doesn't unduly concern itself with the doings of celebrities or the latest adorable blonde girl to go missing) gets short shrift.

My best guess? Occasionally someone tries the "serious" thing and it tanks in the ratings and they don't do it anymore. So things get more and more ridiculous and eventually anyone who cares about anything more than yelling and wardrobe malfunctions and "controversy" goes off to the web, where you can find pretty serious treatment of the issues of the day, albeit usually from an explicitly partisan perspective.

Which means television et al are left to vie for a shrinking, self-selecting group that is likely to be less educated and poorer, which is the least desirable demographic from an advertisers perspective. Vicious circle, that.
post #65 of 69
Quote:

I've never met her, so I wouldn't know. My point was that "tragedy" does not "imply that she could do nothing about her fate....like it 'just happened" to her'".
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Jails are not only filled with violent offenders, they are overflowing with them.
Quote:

Paris Hilton's celebrity is due to you and everyone like you.
post #66 of 69
Quote:

I don't know about anyone else, but it's not the tears. It's the utter surprise that....well, "surprise! you're not above the law, Ms. Hilton!" I have no doubt this whole thing was planned from the beginning...right up until the part where the judge decided he wasn't going to let the Sheriff go through with violating his specific order.

I'll go a step further: Our entire punishment system is insane.

The only people that should be in Federal or State Pound-Me-In-the-Ass-Prison should be rapists, murderers, serial murderers, child predators and other violent and depraved wastes of oxygen.

But drug offenders? DUI? White collar criminals? Thieves? They should be forced to rehabilitate. Thieves would have to make full restitution, working off their debt for as long as it took. Build a labor camp! Drugs? Forced rehab. If that doesn't work after three times, they get put on a register of users of illegal substances which employers and others could see. DUI? Big fines and loss of driving privledge for 30, 90 and 1 year progessively, unless you hurt/kill someone. Then you go to jail for a long fucking time. White collar criminals? They should have to work in the mail rooms of their respective corps. Or possibly at K Mart.

There are a few white collar crimes that deserve long prison terms. Such as the Enron scandal.
When you steal employees money such as was done at Enron you should go to prison for a long time.
Too bad Kenny boy died before they could get him off to prison.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
post #67 of 69
Quote:

Yeah, I don't know what TV thinks it's doing. But you know they watch their ratings from a million different angles, and if someone had tried going a little more "classy" and it had done them any good at all, I'm sure we would see much more of that.

I guess it has something to do with that old standby "the lowest common denominator", where television executives want the largest possible audience, and "niche" programming (which I guess would be a news program that doesn't unduly concern itself with the doings of celebrities or the latest adorable blonde girl to go missing) gets short shrift.

My best guess? Occasionally someone tries the "serious" thing and it tanks in the ratings and they don't do it anymore. So things get more and more ridiculous and eventually anyone who cares about anything more than yelling and wardrobe malfunctions and "controversy" goes off to the web, where you can find pretty serious treatment of the issues of the day, albeit usually from an explicitly partisan perspective.

Which means television et al are left to vie for a shrinking, self-selecting group that is likely to be less educated and poorer, which is the least desirable demographic from an advertisers perspective. Vicious circle, that.

I generally agree with that. They certainly watch their ratings...that's true. The only thing I would add is that all of what you opined on could actually be happening with or without Paris. As I said, she's just part of it. We do seem to be enthralled with celebrity crap. There has to be a market for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

I've never met her, so I wouldn't know. My point was that "tragedy" does not "imply that she could do nothing about her fate....like it 'just happened" to her'".

Jails are not only filled with violent offenders, they are overflowing with them.

Paris Hilton's celebrity is due to you and everyone like you.

1. If Paris had a tragic flaw, I suppose I would agree. But I think that term is far to serious. She's a celebi-whore. Nothing more. She flaunts her absurdity. I suppose you could call that a tragic flaw, but I woudn't.

2. That's a subjective statement, and not really the point anyway. I didn't say they weren't filled. I am saying that there are high number of non-violent offenders in jail too, which is the real result of prison overcrowding. From the BoJ website.

A full 48% of offenders in 2003 were not violent. Remove even half of those, and I suspect that you'll solve overcrowding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post

There are a few white collar crimes that deserve long prison terms. Such as the Enron scandal.
When you steal employees money such as was done at Enron you should go to prison for a long time.
Too bad Kenny boy died before they could get him off to prison.

Perhaps. I would rather see a more creative punishment than putting the guy in a medium or minimum security prison for 5-10 years, eating three squares, working out and watching TV. I would much rather see them sentence to some kind of menial labor or something. Just my opinion.
post #68 of 69
It just didn't ring quite right about the sheriff releasing "the brat" after only a couple of days.
Here's (possibly) why:

Quote:
PARIS Hilton's billionaire grandfather donated money to the election campaign of the sheriff who released the 26-year-old American hotel heiress from jail, it has been revealed.

The contribution from William Barron Hilton, 78, co-chairman of the Hilton Hotel chain, to Sheriff Lee Baca's re-election campaign is revealed in financial records.

A friend of the Hilton family said the temporary release of the heiress last week may have been a "quid pro quo".

"A member of her family has been a contributor to Baca's campaign and this may have been payback time," the friend said.

(continues)

Strange kinda "medical" reasons....
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #69 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

It just didn't ring quite right about the sheriff releasing "the brat" after only a couple of days.
Here's (possibly) why:

Strange kinda "medical" reasons....

That's what I was wondering too. The guy claims he has done this before, but I still say "bunk."
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Paris Hilton freed for medical reasons