or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Audible AudioBooks

Audible AudioBooks

post #1 of 10
┬┐Where can i download free audible audio books? for example the second coming of steve jobs?
Amma start posting a whole mess of crap just so my post count can rise and the Junior Member Status i have can become a regular Member.
Amma start posting a whole mess of crap just so my post count can rise and the Junior Member Status i have can become a regular Member.
post #2 of 10
Why not try alt.binaries.sounds.audiobooks? Mind you, there aren't many 'free' audiobooks around, and if you do find free ones, you might very well be pirating.
post #3 of 10
Here's a thought:

Why don't you just pay for them, you knucklehead?
post #4 of 10
[quote] Here's a thought:

Why don't you just pay for them, you knucklehead? <hr></blockquote>

Here's another thought, that is just a thing i would like to test out.

By the way, what is the format extension so i can look it up on limewire?

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: nx7oe ]</p>
post #5 of 10
Audible books are tied to your Audible account. When you first try to play an audible book on iTunes, it'll ask you for your login/password and will verify that the account has paid for that book.
post #6 of 10
Unless you hack the .aa file, it won't work. You can sign up for an account without paying a penny. I don't know if they have any free samples, but, really, what are you looking for a sample of? It's an audiobook. It works. Some books are overpriced, some are unabridged, some are great to have and are worth the money. If you want an audiobook, this is the only way to go, IMHO. I personally love audible. Totally worth the money (audible listener is the best deal. Any book for $14.95 plus a subscription.)
post #7 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by francisG3:
<strong>Here's a thought:

Why don't you just pay for them, you knucklehead?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No need to get rude, is there?
post #8 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by der Kopf:
<strong>

No need to get rude, is there?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Perhaps there is. I, and other posters actually pay for our Audible books. I can only speak for myself, but I get very annoyed with this "everything is free" mentality.

I think if you're boneheaded enough to go on this forum and ask where one can get free Audiobooks, you deserve to get a rude reply.
post #9 of 10
If you take out a one month subscription to audible listner for $14.95, you can get The Second Coming Of Steve Jobs free for signing up. I did exactly this and for my $14.95, I got Steve Jobs, One months subscription to Macworld and Red Rabbit. Well worth it.
When the seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think that sardines will be thrown overboard.
When the seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think that sardines will be thrown overboard.
post #10 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by RedEric:
<strong>If you take out a one month subscription to audible listner for $14.95, you can get The Second Coming Of Steve Jobs free for signing up. I did exactly this and for my $14.95, I got Steve Jobs, One months subscription to Macworld and Red Rabbit. Well worth it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I tried Audible (with my iPod) and didn't like it. Then I had a hell of a time cancellling my account, because they require to cancel by phone (a policy which is a deal breaker in my book) and I live overseas, in an opposite timezone.

By the way, I read The Second Coming of Steve Jobs a couple years ago. I had gotten the hardbound edition free. I was at the Frankfurt Book Fair and I asked the publisher for their display copy and they gave it to me! Cool, huh?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Audible AudioBooks