or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone and Call/SMS Log Privacy

iPhone and Call/SMS Log Privacy

post #1 of 5
Seeing this is Apple's first foray into the Mobile market, I'm wondering how it deals with your caller log.

I know as a fact that many people want to have as much control as possible regarding getting rid of evidence of who the have called, sent SMSs to, received, etc

Why? Simple. Your significant other.

The amount of people that get busted or have discussions because the "other" snoops on their cell phone is astounding. It's happened to many I know.

I've had Nokia for all my life and its as easy as consulting your SMS/Call log and deleting entries one by one if necessary.

A welcome feature (something that no Nokia has (unless there is 3rd party software) is to make a private sub folder for your received SMSs that would require a password.

AFAIK, no one here knows how iPhones deal with this, but for me this is a major major issue
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO View Post

Seeing this is Apple's first foray into the Mobile market, I'm wondering how it deals with your caller log.

I know as a fact that many people want to have as much control as possible regarding getting rid of evidence of who the have called, sent SMSs to, received, etc

Why? Simple. Your significant other.

The amount of people that get busted or have discussions because the "other" snoops on their cell phone is astounding. It's happened to many I know.

I've had Nokia for all my life and its as easy as consulting your SMS/Call log and deleting entries one by one if necessary.

A welcome feature (something that no Nokia has (unless there is 3rd party software) is to make a private sub folder for your received SMSs that would require a password.

AFAIK, no one here knows how iPhones deal with this, but for me this is a major major issue

Wow, it must be hard on those "many I know" people to live their lives so dishonestly.
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkarl View Post

Wow, it must be hard on those "many I know" people to live their lives so dishonestly.

it's a fact of life...

it's not just calling people you shouldn't but even just basic privacy functions
post #4 of 5
PS Plus I live in Paris, everyone has a mistress here ;-)
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO View Post

PS Plus I live in Paris, everyone has a mistress here ;-)

Even the gay men?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone and Call/SMS Log Privacy