or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › 10.4.10 and MySql...

10.4.10 and MySql...

post #1 of 4
I'm having a problem with the MySql packages on the official MySql site. Basically it downloads the package but when it tries to mount the disk image it says 'verification failed'.

The dmg is on the desktop but if I try to open it it says 'error codec otverrun'. It shows this behaviour with all packages on the MySql site from 4.1.1 to 5.1.

I am not sure if this is a problem with the Tiger 10.4.10 update as I did not try to download the packages before applying this update but it is certainly a suspect. I have the latest Intel MacBook Pro.

So, my questions: does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is there anything that can be done?

More specifically, is there anywhere else I can get an installer package (not MAMP please)? I tried Server Logistics but it says is not Tiger Compatible - is this true?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 4
I just updated to 10.4.10 and tried downloading MySQL from:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql...tml#macosx-dmg

and it worked fine. If you're using Firefox, try Safari because a lot of people I work with use Firefox and it has downloaded corrupt files whereas using Safari sorted had no trouble.
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I just updated to 10.4.10 and tried downloading MySQL from:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql...tml#macosx-dmg

and it worked fine. If you're using Firefox, try Safari because a lot of people I work with use Firefox and it has downloaded corrupt files whereas using Safari sorted had no trouble.

Strange - just tried that and got verification failed again......

This happens in Safari and Firefox and on a Macbook Pro as well as a Powerbook G4.

Odder, I asked a friend who is on 10.4.8 PB G4 to download it but the same thing happened...I'm wondering if it is to do with the mirror or where we are (we are both in Spain) - can't see any other solution and all other DMGs are opening fine.....
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

SI'm wondering if it is to do with the mirror or where we are (we are both in Spain) - can't see any other solution and all other DMGs are opening fine.....

That sounds like the most probable explanation. I got mine from the Belgium mirror.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › 10.4.10 and MySql...