or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Web page with OS 10.4

Web page with OS 10.4

post #1 of 4
I'm trying to set up a simple web page with OS 10.4

I put a HTML document and an HTML photo in my sites folder --and I opened personal web sharing preferences--and I can't get it to work---

When I open the page called my personal website--I can't alter that either ( index html)

any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated--I have spent several hours on this with no results.
post #2 of 4
If you make sure web sharing is on and put your site in a folder inside sites, you should be able to access it by going into a browser and typing in localhost/~<username>/<folder name>

So say my username was john and I had a site I was making called homepage, I would put the html and all the other stuff in a folder called homepage. Then I would type localhost/john/homepage. The default page should be called index.html.
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

If you make sure web sharing is on and put your site in a folder inside sites, you should be able to access it by going into a browser and typing in localhost/~<username>/<folder name>

So say my username was john and I had a site I was making called homepage, I would put the html and all the other stuff in a folder called homepage. Then I would type localhost/john/homepage. The default page should be called index.html.

I did exactly what you said to do--and I still can't get it to work I saved an image in photoshop, as a gif image, I saved text as html--put it into a folder, moved the folder into sites after I named the folder and still can't open it as a web page---

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammick View Post

I did exactly what you said to do--and I still can't get it to work I saved an image in photoshop, as a gif image, I saved text as html--put it into a folder, moved the folder into sites after I named the folder and still can't open it as a web page---

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.

I did get it to work with a Word document--but I can't include an image from photoshop

I think it may have to do with filesize

I am working on it
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Web page with OS 10.4