or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › old G4 Power Station

old G4 Power Station

post #1 of 3
I have 2 G4 Power Station Macs ar my office and it seems that they have some big issues. Usually the applications that are running on these 2 are Office documents, pdfs and some browsing uploading stuff. This is not so requiring I think. Anyway the problem is that they get stuck very very often. About 5 times a day.
I have tried to run disk utility and stuff, but still they stop. I have placed 1750 MB of RAM memory in each.

What can I do?
post #2 of 3
If you have or have access to DiskWarrior, you should try running that. It is a great utility. You might also try running the hardware test disk to see if you are having hardware issues, though I doubt the same issue would pop up on 2 machines. If all else fails, you should back up and try a reinstall.
My Macs: 15" Macbook Pro, Mac Pro, Lab of ~ 25 various models
My Sites: FDHS Yearbook, AppleBytes Store, AppleBytes, iSwitched
My Macs: 15" Macbook Pro, Mac Pro, Lab of ~ 25 various models
My Sites: FDHS Yearbook, AppleBytes Store, AppleBytes, iSwitched
post #3 of 3
this is what you should do to your g4:

Mac Pro - 2 x 2.66 - 250GB HDD - 500GB HDD - 4GB Ram - 2x Super Drives - Bluetooth/Airport Extreme - ATI Radeon x1900 512MB - 23" HD Cinema Display
Mac Pro - 2 x 2.66 - 250GB HDD - 500GB HDD - 4GB Ram - 2x Super Drives - Bluetooth/Airport Extreme - ATI Radeon x1900 512MB - 23" HD Cinema Display
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › old G4 Power Station