or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Henry to Barça: Why God, Why?

Henry to Barça: Why God, Why?

post #1 of 11
Grrrr - we do not need this guy and we ESPECIALLY do not need to offload Eto'o who is a far superior (and much younger player) - how can we play Eto'o, Henry, Messi AND Ronaldhino??

This is complete and utter madness.

I love Eto'o and will be majorly pissed off if he goes. Henry has no loyalty and always chokes on the big occassions - in fact, I really believe he was only ever any good because of the small pitch at Highbury. Since the move to the Emirates he really hasn't been in evidence though.....

All this and the fascists winning La Liga....it really sucks....

What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 11
I'm into Tennis right now. Will pick up football when PremierLeague starts again. \
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I'm into Tennis right now. Will pick up football when PremierLeague starts again. \

Me too but it doesn't help having Henry's grinning mug all over every channel and newspaper....

My tips for Wimbledon:

Men: Federer wins - Nadal out in semis. Outsider = Baghdatis or Roddick.

Women: Serena all the way - maybe Amelie as an outside bet.

Oh and Babe of the Tournament: Sania Mirza

post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Grrrr - we do not need this guy and we ESPECIALLY do not need to offload Eto'o who is a far superior (and much younger player) - how can we play Eto'o, Henry, Messi AND Ronaldhino??

I love Eto'o and will be majorly pissed off if he goes. Henry has no loyalty and always chokes on the big occassions - in fact, I really believe he was only ever any good because of the small pitch at Highbury. Since the move to the Emirates he really hasn't been in evidence though.....

All this and the fascists winning La Liga....it really sucks....

But... Henry's amazingly good. He's been injured all season, hence the lack of evidence... and, um... he seems pretty loyal to me, having been with the same manager for, what, nearly a decade in total... even followed him from Monaco.

Messi, Ronaldinho and Henry all play completely different attack roles. You can play all three of them... er... just like you play Eto'o, Messi and Ronaldinho now and have done all season.

In short, what are you complaining about? You've just bought one of the best strikers in the world.
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

But... Henry's amazingly good. He's been injured all season, hence the lack of evidence... and, um... he seems pretty loyal to me, having been with the same manager for, what, nearly a decade in total... even followed him from Monaco.

Messi, Ronaldinho and Henry all play completely different attack roles. You can play all three of them... er... just like you play Eto'o, Messi and Ronaldinho now and have done all season.

In short, what are you complaining about? You've just bought one of the best strikers in the world.

Well, I think that there is quite a lot rotten at Barça right now and more politics going on rather than football.

Admittedly the price is a very good deal but I just don't see him fitting in - unless someone goes; and that's kind of my problem - I think the mass exits need to be at board level rather than on the pitch.

If they just do rotation - but would Henry wear that? - then ok, no probs but if Eto'o goes then that is a major mistake I think.

Exhibit B: next on the list is LAMPARD!!??? I mean wtf? There is no way he would fit in at all.

Having said that, imo, there are only three players that should be 'untouchable' and they are Eto'o, Messi and Puyol.

Personally I would get rid of Laporta and Rijkaard (but who could replace him? Possibly Wenger?) and shore up the midfield majorly...

Btw - when I said disloyal about TH I meant denying the move repeatedly (even threatening to sue over the allegations) and pledging to Arsenal uncategroically....are you a Gooner?
post #6 of 11
Quote:

....are you a Gooner?

I'm... Goonesque. I live about five minutes from Highbury. I mean, The Emirates. I like Liverpool and I like Arsenal, and I don't know why, but I wouldn't say I was a proper Gooner.

I'm with you on Lampard, by the way. What an inexplicable thing his fame is.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

I'm... Goonesque. I live about five minutes from Highbury. I mean, The Emirates. I like Liverpool and I like Arsenal, and I don't know why, but I wouldn't say I was a proper Gooner.

I'm with you on Lampard, by the way. What an inexplicable thing his fame is.

Well he does have an uncanny knack of the ball going in off his ass while he is heading the other way - that is worth 10 goals a season.

How many times do Chelsea get some goal like that in the last minute of injury time? It happens at least 5 times a season....
post #8 of 11
Quote:

He did OK at Emirates, and he played pretty damn well in the Champions League final last year against Barcelona, who, if I remember correctly, got an undeserved win due to a dubious Lehman red.

For the next two years, Henry will still be better than Eto'o. Eto'o will stay. Gudjohnssen (or however it is spelled) will leave. Ronaldinho plays as a withdrawn forward anyway, and he's nice to watch, but defenders seem to have adjusted somewhat to his tricks.

I agree that Henry is not at his best during the big games, but if I remember correctly, a few extra goals and better performance in the non-major games would have given Barcelona the title this year.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

He did OK at Emirates, and he played pretty damn well in the Champions League final last year against Barcelona, who, if I remember correctly, got an undeserved win due to a dubious Lehman red.

For the next two years, Henry will still be better than Eto'o. Eto'o will stay. Gudjohnssen (or however it is spelled) will leave. Ronaldinho plays as a withdrawn forward anyway, and he's nice to watch, but defenders seem to have adjusted somewhat to his tricks.

I agree that Henry is not at his best during the big games, but if I remember correctly, a few extra goals and better performance in the non-major games would have given Barcelona the title this year.

Undeserved win??? This was the final 2006 you were watching right?

No way is he better than Eto'o though - not now...a few years back maybe. Ronnie could go as far as I am concerned and I think he might....papers today say the next signing (apart from Lampard - ugh) is Cesc Fabregas though Madrid want him too.

Great signing that would be - he is Catalan too. What is happening at Arsenal though to let these players go?

Another rumour is that Wenger is coming too.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Well it doesn;t come down to goal difference but a head to head between the two teams that are tied. We lost for the performance against Madrid.

The reason that so many points were dropped though was - imo - the absence of Eto'o for the majority of the season...that's what I don't understand, now he's back.

One more thing: Henry is wearing Cruyff's number 14 shirt that no-one else has worn - what's that about??
post #11 of 11
Quote:

Oh and Babe of the Tournament: Sania Mirza

Sharapova who?

My favorite is current world #6: Ana Ivanović

#42Maria Kirilenko

#12 Daniela Hantuchova:

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Henry to Barça: Why God, Why?