or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Insanity: First iPhone line forms in Manhattan (four days early)

Insanity: First iPhone line forms in Manhattan (four days early) - Page 2

post #41 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Apple will be handing out T-shirts that say iLoser on them.

Y'know, just yesterday I harshed on someone elsewhere on AI who continually uses this forum to harsh on Apple and mock enthusiastic Mac fans. I even went so far as to say something like "we don't care what they think" when he said "this is why Windows users mock you." I guess I owe him an apology--this thread makes Mac fans look as superficial and as judgmental as anybody.

So the guy doesn't look like you want him to.
So he doesn't sound like you want him to.
So he doesn't dress like you want him to.

F*ck you all. You're swarming on him like a pack of rats -- why?

Some people need to create some excitement in their lives. If this makes him happy (or if he needs to do if for money) then I say fine--he is not hurting anyone.

Meanwhile, the people here hope he gets mugged or looses his place in line all while judging and criticizing.

This is pack mentality and it is sad.
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
post #42 of 68
What?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #43 of 68

Begging for food and donations to survive a self-imposed 4 day wait in order to purchase a luxury item is disgustingly ironic and morally repugnant.
"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything" Robert Zemeckis/Bob Gale/Robert_E._Lee
"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything" Robert Zemeckis/Bob Gale/Robert_E._Lee
post #44 of 68
I think he's a Microsoft employee. Microsoft have employed him and his mate to site there all week making fools of themselves, get on international television and degrade the value of the iPhone. I don't see the lines forming in any real substance until Friday, so they'll sit there, on their own getting more and more smelly and dirty as each day passes.

No I don't really think that.
post #45 of 68
LIne up for an iPhone?

It's not like a new Star Wars movie or Rolling Stones concert tickets...
post #46 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2director View Post

NEW THEORY!

I think he's actually being paid to wait in line for someone else.

* He's unemployed, so why not do it for the money?
* He didn't seem to really know much about the iPhone either... "I'll see how it works".

I bet that's it. Somebody put him up to this...

I think you on to something, it is probably more like this guy got a plan to sell his position in line to someone for metrocards and food, The seat will go to the highest bidder...

Hmmm just got an idea someone go to those two guys and tell them we will ebay thier positions in line, but we will have to set it up right now so it will close by noon on Friday.

Hurry someone strike a deal with them....

Oh... this is even more nuts there is 1300 iphone items on ebay right now and the product is not even available.
post #47 of 68
I am disappointed that AI did not send his reporter to spearhead the iPhone line. We, AI readers, are expecting a full report in unwrapping the iPhone and disassembling it right in front of the genius bar at 18:02 local time

On a positive note, our lunatic is making friends already! By Friday, he will have about hundreds of friends with a common interest
post #48 of 68
He's a plant.
He's being payed by Microsoft, and he's been instructed not to wash for four days, pee in his pants, and behave as obnoxiously as possible. The stink is going go put off anybody else from standing in line, and discredit the whole iPhone 'build up'.
Charko
Charko
post #49 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

Begging for food and donations to survive a self-imposed 4 day wait in order to purchase a luxury item is disgustingly ironic and morally repugnant.

Especially when the spare tire he's packing could easily feed him for four days.
post #50 of 68
Someone set up blog site for this guy....

BLOG
post #51 of 68
He even has a wikipedia site

wikipedia
post #52 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

wikipedia

So there you have it, he's not a real Mac / iPhone fan, he's a professional first in the line celeb stalker! Still, he's going to get a lot of coverage for this one, perhaps even make some cash.
post #53 of 68
Whoops! I meant 'paid' of course not 'payed' in my last post.
Charko
Charko
post #54 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

What?

Yes, I think so.
post #55 of 68
post #56 of 68
Quote:

Jeez, the guy looks homeless with the shabby clothes and handwritten sign. I hope this doesn't get aired again and again on network TV. It's a turn-off....

You sound like you are a really nice person. Must be a Christian.
post #57 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Good for him.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #58 of 68
I wonder if the other side of his sign has written on it "Will text for food."

Rich Koster
DisneyEcho webMOUSEter
Rich Koster
DisneyEcho webMOUSEter
post #59 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Separated at birth?

I am not sure why people encourge people like this... It is funny once but these people never get the joke and they just wear on you over time
post #60 of 68
He claims he's retired. From what job I wonder? I bet he still lives with his parents.
post #61 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

You sound like you are a really nice person. Must be a Christian.

Thanks!

But your sarcasm aside, he did look a bit homeless, especially with the handwritten sign asking for food and metrocards. And it *was* a turn-off, given that the media might make him the poster child for Apple fans who are willing to line up for an iPhone. Image does count for something! Too bad you can't reconcile those facts to your little moral universe.

P.S. Nice way to insult an entire religion, Mr. Holier Than Thou.
post #62 of 68
Quote:

NEW THEORY!

I think he's actually being paid to wait in line for someone else.

* He's unemployed, so why not do it for the money?
* He didn't seem to really know much about the iPhone either... "I'll see how it works".

I bet that's it. Somebody put him up to this...

exactly... and he's collecting "donations" along the way.
post #63 of 68
Quote:

Thanks!

But your sarcasm aside, he did look a bit homeless, especially with the handwritten sign asking for food and metrocards. And it *was* a turn-off, given that the media might make him the poster child for Apple fans who are willing to line up for an iPhone. Image does count for something! Too bad you can't reconcile those facts to your little moral universe.

P.S. Nice way to insult an entire religion, Mr. Holier Than Thou.

My moral universe - you mean the one where I think the real and awful problems faced by homeless people should be a more significant issue than the 'image' of apple fans and prospective purchasers of an iTrinket?

So you are saying that I insulted a religion - one that espouses that people should treat others as they would have others treat them - by suggesting that you were of that religion? Why that would mean that you consider your comments were such that a member of that religion might be offended at being likened to someone with your views. You are right! I hereby apologise to any Christians who may have been offended at being likened to this person - I am very sorry!
post #64 of 68
I just joined the line! I'm sixth and typing from the line! I'll go down in history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
post #65 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecking View Post

I just joined the line! I'm sixth and typing from the line! I'll go down in history!

But you're from Canadia!
post #66 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

But you're from Canadia!

Shhhhhhhh... Don't tell them!
post #67 of 68
moron!

oh, and people of NY - don't give em food - maybe it's a chance for the fat guy to slim down a little.
post #68 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

My moral universe - you mean the one where I think the real and awful problems faced by homeless people should be a more significant issue than the 'image' of apple fans and prospective purchasers of an iTrinket?

So you are saying that I insulted a religion - one that espouses that people should treat others as they would have others treat them - by suggesting that you were of that religion? Why that would mean that you consider your comments were such that a member of that religion might be offended at being likened to someone with your views. You are right! I hereby apologise to any Christians who may have been offended at being likened to this person - I am very sorry!

Cnocbui: On behalf of Christianity, I accept your humble apology. Now go and sin no more...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Insanity: First iPhone line forms in Manhattan (four days early)