or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › For all you people buying the iPhone...READ THIS!

For all you people buying the iPhone...READ THIS!

post #1 of 29
THIS IS NOT SPAM, I AM JUST HELPING PEOPLE OUT. I do not work for them, I just use the products and know they do help a lot. The one problem your going to have with the iPhone is how easy it is to scratch, smudge, and anything else you can think of. Well, This Company has the best protection you can probably find for it. They haven't made it yet, but believe me they will very soon. They make the covers for everything. I use it for my phone, iPod, and even my friends MBP's. Check them out, it's definitely worth the few bucks.

http://www.shieldzone.com/
Mac Pro - 2 x 2.66 - 250GB HDD - 500GB HDD - 4GB Ram - 2x Super Drives - Bluetooth/Airport Extreme - ATI Radeon x1900 512MB - 23" HD Cinema Display
Mac Pro - 2 x 2.66 - 250GB HDD - 500GB HDD - 4GB Ram - 2x Super Drives - Bluetooth/Airport Extreme - ATI Radeon x1900 512MB - 23" HD Cinema Display
post #2 of 29
Except one of the things the early reviews seem to agree on wholeheartedly is that the iPhone is exceptionally scratch resistant. They speak of tossing it in a pocket with keys and coins and not having a mark on it after two weeks.

I think Apple learned their lesson with the Nano dust-up, which is why they decided to go with a glass screen.

By the way, "scratching, smudging, and anything else I can think of"? I can't think of anything else. Maybe a screen protector protects is from getting the measles?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #3 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Except one of the things the early reviews seem to agree on wholeheartedly is that the iPhone is exceptionally scratch resistant. They speak of tossing it in a pocket with keys and coins and not having a mark on it after two weeks.

I think Apple learned their lesson with the Nano dust-up, which is why they decided to go with a glass screen.

By the way, "scratching, smudging, and anything else I can think of"? I can't think of anything else. Maybe a screen protector protects is from getting the measles?

Yeah right, the only thing I can think of that would survive that sort of battering is quartz crystal, and the phone isn't made from that. 2 weeks in a pocket with keys and no scratches hahaha right on dickhead!!
post #4 of 29
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #5 of 29
Are you gonna take that, Adda?
post #6 of 29
- relaxes with his glass of wine in his hand and presses refresh -
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

Yeah right, the only thing I can think of that would survive that sort of battering is quartz crystal, and the phone isn't made from that. 2 weeks in a pocket with keys and no scratches hahaha right on dickhead!!

Who would be so idiotic as to do such a thing? Apple support would laugh their heads off (with good reason) if some customer called o complain about something like that. They would probably put the call on hands-free so the entire staff could hear and share the laugh.

Sadly, there are many people who will likely do just this.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #8 of 29
Quote:

Are you related to wilco?
post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Are you gonna take that, Adda?

When someone has the Skittle fever on them, they are capable of great feats of strength.

Sometimes your best bet is to just back away slowly.
post #10 of 29
Nevertheless (makes calming motions towards Jules, offers treats), from the review in Newsweek:

Quote:
Another concern is that constant use of fingers on the touch screen will make it mucky. Ive found that the glass screen cleans easily with a damp cloth or baby wipe. As for wear and tear, Ive been jamming it in my pocket with keyrings, coins and pens, and so far its nearly as good as new.

(Quickly closes gate)
post #11 of 29
Not the answer I would expect from an alleged dickhead...
post #12 of 29
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

THIS IS NOT SPAM, I AM JUST HELPING PEOPLE OUT. I do not work for them, I just use the products and know they do help a lot. The one problem your going to have with the iPhone is how easy it is to scratch, smudge, and anything else you can think of. Well, This Company has the best protection you can probably find for it. They haven't made it yet, but believe me they will very soon. They make the covers for everything. I use it for my phone, iPod, and even my friends MBP's. Check them out, it's definitely worth the few bucks.

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!
post #14 of 29
Quote:

THIS IS NOT SPAM, I AM JUST HELPING PEOPLE OUT.

$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
$/>/-\\ l\\/l
When I Rule the World...
When I Rule the World...
post #15 of 29
Null.
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #16 of 29
Quote:

Oh, hai.

It's me again. I'm in yr thredz, moking yr ignoranz.

Read 'em and weep:

Quote:
Then we rubbed keys against the screen with a fair amount of force, as might happen if the phone was in your jeans pocket and you leaned against a counter. When the iPhone emerged with its screen just as pristine as when it went in, we then attempted to gouge the screen with one of the keys. We were very impressed that even this deliberate attempt to scratch the screen completely failed.

Dikhed.
post #17 of 29
And then you can watch the PC World video. The iPhone is a tough little guy.
post #18 of 29
Wow. Looks like if you got a case that just covered the back and chrome surround it would be pretty much invulnerable.

Now I'm thinking back to all the pre-release stuff about how those Apple RDF suckers were going to be singing another tune when their precious shiny, slippery toy fell to the ground and exploded.
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AISI View Post

Man, that "tester" is a supergeek. He shoulda stuck it in a burlap sack full of razor blades and rabid mice.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #20 of 29
"Let's see, it passed our scratch and drop tests, let's see how it does with FIRE."
post #21 of 29
Quote:

Now I'm thinking back to all the pre-release stuff about how those Apple RDF suckers were going to be singing another tune when their precious shiny, slippery toy fell to the ground and exploded.

The ever insightful Enderle.

Quote:
Analyst: Trading One Problem for Another

The phone will also feature a glass touch screen, instead of a plastic one. Robert Enderle, the principal analyst at Enderle Group, believes this move, intended as an improvement, could be a mistake.

"They did correct one of the problems, but they may have created another one in the process," he said. "Now we have glass screen with a metal case." Because metal doesn't absorb shock, Enderle contends, anyone who drops their precious iPhone will end up with a broken screen and a ruined piece of equipment.

"This is a pretty slick phone," he said. "I think dropping it is likely."
post #22 of 29
Quote:

There should be some kind of requirement for tech "consultants" to have to appear in public after their prognostications have been either confirmed or denied by reality.

Then, they can either accept our bouquets and applause, or we get to gun them down and drag their bullet riddled bodies through town.

Or mock them. Either one.
post #23 of 29
i have to agree i use shieldzone on all of my ipods and love it, i can place them in my pocket with my keys and not worry about them.
post #24 of 29
Quote:

From the Enderle Group, consisting of him, his wife and his parents in Revere Mass. He's a notorious anti-Intel (and therefore anti-Apple) pundit.
post #25 of 29
Quote:

All I know is my 5G iPod, which was replaced after my first one had a HD failure, is now a DISASTER. I have used it about the same as the first one, yet there are marks everywhere. I am thinking about getting some of that scratch repair stuff, the stuff they make for glasses. What's weird is the back (the metal) is scratched to hell too...and I can't see what I did to make that happen.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #26 of 29
Quote:

I've used their stuff and I can say that while you are right it does a wonderful job of scratch protection, it also made several pieces of my equipment overheat that NEVER overheated before or even got close.
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

All I know is my 5G iPod, which was replaced after my first one had a HD failure, is now a DISASTER. I have used it about the same as the first one, yet there are marks everywhere. I am thinking about getting some of that scratch repair stuff, the stuff they make for glasses. What's weird is the back (the metal) is scratched to hell too...and I can't see what I did to make that happen.

If you mean that stuff they advertise on TV, apparently it's pretty much a scam.

There are some micro abrasives on the market that will take out light scuffing on clear plastic, albeit it slowly and with a lot of elbow grease.

For worse you have to start with heavier cutting stuff (which will make the plastic all but opaque), then work your way through finer and finer cuts. It works, but it's not for the faint-hearted.
post #28 of 29
Quote:

Ahh yes. My iMac is going to tip over!
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #29 of 29
Quote:

If it does, then I'm thinking maybe the same people who made the Everyready bunny designed it. I can see it now, Takes a licking and keeps on . . . what? schticking maybe? That would be the NYC version.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › For all you people buying the iPhone...READ THIS!