or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Phoenix AZ Apple Store Line - Status

Phoenix AZ Apple Store Line - Status

post #1 of 7
zip. We walked by at 8pm after dinner at McCormick and Schmicks across the street at the Esplenade on our way to the bookstore at the Biltmore.

heck, at 107* at almost 9pm and forecast 110 tomorrow, any crackhead in line would have to be insane.

I still predict an undersell and a stock plummet on Monday, back around to $98. However, I hope for better, as I do like the product. Just needs more memory, say 30gb then I'd like it enough to get it.
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandau View Post

zip. We walked by at 8pm after dinner at McCormick and Schmicks across the street at the Esplenade on our way to the bookstore at the Biltmore.

heck, at 107* at almost 9pm and forecast 110 tomorrow, any crackhead in line would have to be insane.

I still predict an undersell and a stock plummet on Monday, back around to $98. However, I hope for better, as I do like the product. Just needs more memory, say 30gb then I'd like it enough to get it.

I sure hope your stock prediction is wrong!
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
post #3 of 7
there were about 150-200 in line by 4pm at this store.

but, they are all still showing availability:

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/
post #4 of 7
Sales will be off the chart but will need to be taken with a grain of salt. Many are bound for resale on ebay by profiteers. Sales one month from now will be more telling IMO.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Sales will be off the chart but will need to be taken with a grain of salt. Many are bound for resale on ebay by profiteers. Sales one month from now will be more telling IMO.

Seems to me a sale is sale to Apple no matter who buys.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

Seems to me a sale is sale to Apple no matter who buys.

Let me clarify. The initial sales(this weekend) will be off the chart. I think they will exceed estimates. That will look good. However many are bound for ebay and resale. The sales one month from now will tell you if the iPhone has 'legs' and will reach the 10 million sales goal Apple has for the first 12 months. Remember people were waiting for PS3s when they first came out. The wii is the only console that is still selling well.

If the activation issuers are resolved quickly and no glitches arise, I think sales will be incredible.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandau View Post

there were about 150-200 in line by 4pm at this store.

but, they are all still showing availability:

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/

Funny but that says that ON SUNDAY JULY 1ST the iPhone will be available (getting a new shipment in today perhaps?). Who knows they could still have plenty of stock but from the looks of that tracker ALL STORES have a GREEN and I'm sure SOME of those Apple stores sold out...

Dave
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Phoenix AZ Apple Store Line - Status