or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Question about Pick Your Plan?

Question about Pick Your Plan?

post #1 of 5
I plan on getting the iPhone, eventually. My contract with my current carrier is up in a little under a year. My question is, should I decide to get an iPhone, and my credit doesn't check out, I understand that there is a Pick Your Plan option. Is this a pre-paid option? If so, what are the details? What are the rates?

I ask, because, unfortunately, my credit isn't that great. It's basically because I screwed it up when I turned 18, and got a credit card. Then, I got in over my head, and had to cancel the card. Since then, I've paid my debt, but, now I don't have a credit history, because I pay for everything with cash. I'd just like to know my options, should my credit stand in the way.

Thanks!
post #2 of 5
Supposedly, if you fail the credit check you can choose pay as you go for $29.99 per month for like 200 minutes (or the other pre pay plans) plus $20 a month Apple.

You might consider getting a credit card someday just keeping a tiny balance on like $100 and pay it, so that you could rebuild your credit history a little.
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
post #3 of 5
Get a Discover card first and pay off your balances without fail for the first year. Credit screw-ups are not easy to erase, but you should do it methodically.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

Vote for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho 2016!

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

Vote for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho 2016!

GOA

post #4 of 5
Could you guys tell me more about this? I really almost never use my phone for calls, a lot of texting instead, but I'd love to have the data services.
post #5 of 5
I would love to switch from the lowest-minutes rate of AT&T's family plan (which costs us $110 a month for two iPhones) to pay as you go (which would be $80 a month for two iPhones, based on the info given above) -- as long as it still included unlimited minutes to other AT&T cellphones.

Right now with the family plan we save $10 a month over having two separate individual iPhone plans with AT&T -- and if pay as you go would add up to $40 each that would be $80 a month, saving us $40 a month over two individual iPhone plans!

I hope AT&T allows people to switch sometime in the future, but I doubt they will.

Rich Koster
DisneyEcho webMOUSEter
Rich Koster
DisneyEcho webMOUSEter
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Question about Pick Your Plan?